• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Funny how a line so many people took to be a middle finger to the competitive community was really just a jab by the NOA staff.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash!
Also, I found that "Real Men Use Items." I remembered it from one of the Wifi Updates back when I stayed up all night for updates. :cool:

Here is the link to the page. By the way, that meme was popular for weeks to come. The translator got a kick out of it, and apparently visits or lurks smashboards. :cool:
Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash! Ridley for Smash!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That's a pretty conservative selection of "dream newcomers" lol

Would anyone even give a **** if F-Zero happened to get 4 reps? I know I wouldn't
F-Zero having five characters would be great.

Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Pico
Jody Summer

Too bad we would be lucky just to get ONE F-Zero newcomer.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Funny how a line so many people took to be a middle finger to the competitive community was really just a jab by the NOA staff.
It was more of just a joke he told (the Nate guy's real name is Nate) that really only we would "catch." I thought it was funny from the get-go, especially since back then, most of the competitive Melee and Smash 64 players thought that items would be tournament standard because Sakurai said he wanted to "balance" them. :laugh:

That didn't turn out like that. Items were less balanced in Brawl than in Smash 64 or Melee.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Replaying the whole game seems like overkill.

Personally, I have suggested numerous times that like the whole first world of Super Mario Bros., all 100 Meters of Donkey Kong, and some areas from various Nintendo games (and guest franchises' games) would be nice. Heck, it would be pretty cool to visit modern day version of some of those places.

Just imaging an epic Sector X battlefield level where you run along ships, flying garbage, broken ships, various technology, while fighting various enemies (maybe Andross' minions=???) and getting shot out from various enemies out of range would be TOTALLY EPIC!!!

Also, that "Mushroom Forrest" was definitely from Super Mario RPG. Why would Sakurai take something out of Mario Party when there is absolutely nothing (aside from the Masterpiece) that references to Mario Party=??? Better yet, why would he choose one song from one forgettable mini-game=??? :troll:
Because maybe he liked the song? :troll:
And Mario Party? :troll:
Which might give Waluigi a chance? :troll:
Yep, SMRPG. :awesome:

But seriously, he probs just liked the song. Speaking of which, a Mario Party Minigame Medley would be a good song.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also, that "Mushroom Forrest" was definitely from Super Mario RPG. Why would Sakurai take something out of Mario Party when there is absolutely nothing (aside from the Masterpiece) that references to Mario Party=??? Better yet, why would he choose one song from one forgettable mini-game=??? :troll:
John, that was not the only song removed. It is not as though there is some big conspiracy. I am simply proposing two other songs it could have been. While the popular tin foil hat theory may be that it is the SMRPG track, truth is it is likely the forest theme from Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. First off there already was another song from M&L cut, so it would not be that much of a stretch to think both songs are associated. Even if it was supposed to be the Beware the Forest Mushroom song from SMRPG that does not in and of itself mean Geno was even considered to be playable. Want to know why? Because if that were the case then the song would not be associated with the existing Mario category, or there would be more tracks indicating that a stage was being prepared for Geno (or any other SMRPG character). That is not the case, we have one ambiguous track title, that's it.

Just trying to get people to be realistic.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's a pretty conservative selection of "dream newcomers" lol
It is conservative? Umm.... thank you. :) I didn't think it was too conservative but not too radical. It is kinda balanced.... it is not too conservative (nothing but popular/safe choices) and not too radical (nothing but unpopular/questionable choices). I mean, my selection includes the popular choices: Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Zoroark, Palutena, Medusa, Little Mac, Takamaru, Starfy, Toad, and Ridley. Some questionable choices: Kiddy Kong, Impa, Tingle, Meowth, King Hippo, Hunting Dog, Mii, Waddle Dee, and Krom. And I didn't include some of the popular picks: Samurai Goroh, Krystal, Isaac, Saki, Mega Man (and third party characters), Roy and Mewtwo (they don't count as newcomers in my book).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

>Black Shadow
>Pico
>Jody Summer
>All getting in before BioRex

You don't know F-Zero at all, do you! :embarrass:
I unlocked all of AX pilots, AX Cup, and all of the ending movies for all 41 pilots in F-Zero GX. I am a really big fan of F-Zero.

I don't think Bio Rex got much attention in any of the games.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
John, that was not the only song removed. It is not as though there is some big conspiracy. I am simply proposing two other songs it could have been. While the popular tin foil hat theory may be that it is the SMRPG track truth is it is probably the forest theme from Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. First off there already was another song from M&L cut, so it would not be that much of a stretch to think both songs are associated. Even if it was supposed to be the Beware the Forest Mushroom song from SMRPG that does not in and of itself mean Geno was even considered to be playable. Want to know why? Because if that were the case then the song would not be associated with the existing Mario category, or there would be more tracks indicating that a stage was being prepared for Geno (or any other SMRPG character). That is not the case, we have one ambiguous track title, that's it.

Just trying to get people to be realistic.
I know, but it clearly wasn't from Mario Party. I know the MGS main theme, the theme of EarthBound, and all kinds of other songs were cut.

Obviously Beware the Forrest Mushrooms doesn't confirm Geno, but it again shows that Sakurai is really fond of Super Mario RPG.

Also, I just had a thought. Uprising has up to 6 player combat. I think that may influence Sakurai to consider up to 6 player combat for Smash (at least the 3DS smash bros; the Wii U isn't confirmed with how many controllers it can have connected). :cool: That would definitely be "a change of pace" in the smash bros formula... and what we expect from the smash brothers franchise.

Plus 3 vs. 3 and 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 FOR THE WINNN!!!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Sakurai: I've told you about how we originally made Super Smash Bros. as an antithesis to 2D fighting games, haven't I? :troll:

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/kidicarus/0/0
What do items have to do with Smash being the antithesis to 2D Fighters? Would that make Mario Kart an antithesis to racing games?

I still read over the part on Smash's disassembly and reassembly and still think he was looking at fighting games at both the right and wrong way.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
To tell you the truth, Toadwood Forrest would make sense for Mushroomy Kingdom. The cut music had to go to a stage that's already in, and while I suppose Beware the Forrest Mushrooms could have been remixed, it doesn't quite well with any stage. Listening to Toadwood Forest though, it does seem like it'd work on Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 very well.

I unlocked all of AX pilots, AX Cup, and all of the ending movies for all 41 pilots in F-Zero GX. I am a really big fan of F-Zero.

I don't think Bio Rex got much attention in any of the games.
His awesome quotient puts him ahead of those three alone. Heck, it probably puts him infront of Goroh and Falcon too. I wonder if Sakurai even knows anything about F-Zero. :embarrass:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
To tell you the truth, Toadwood Forrest would make sense for Mushroomy Kingdom. The cut music had to go to a stage that's already in, and while I suppose Beware the Forrest Mushrooms could have been remixed, it doesn't quite well with any stage. Listening to Toadwood Forest though, it does seem like it'd work on Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 very well.
This would've been good for 1-2.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Obviously Beware the Forrest Mushrooms doesn't confirm Geno, but it again shows that Sakurai is really fond of Super Mario RPG.
Beware the Forest Mushrooms got a lot of nominations in the early Brawl poll's musical category. I remember the translations at that time. Even if it was it does not necessarily indicate Sakurai's motive as much as it would have shown he was listening to the fans.

Exactly. If you listen to the song it makes for Mushroomy Kingdom. Considering Gritzy Desert, another M&L:piT track, was available for the stage it makes even more sense.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
F-Zero Wii U or even F-Zero 3DS, really, would be a dream come true

As a random YouTuber said once, "You'd think that a futuristic racing series with robots, armor wearing dinosaurs and metal would have more sequels than Call of Duty"

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What do items have to do with Smash being the antithesis to 2D Fighters? Would that make Mario Kart an antithesis to racing games?

I still read over the part on Smash's disassembly and reassembly and still think he was looking at fighting games at both the right and wrong way.
It was more in line with how you keep insisting for Smash Bros. to become like other fighting series yet Sakurai pretty much is against that.

His awesome quotient puts him ahead of those three alone. Heck, it probably puts him infront of Goroh and Falcon too. I wonder if Sakurai even knows anything about F-Zero. :embarrass:
No pilot is more awesome than Pico, except possibly the Captain himself.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It was more in line with how you keep insisting for Smash Bros. to become like other fighting series yet Sakurai pretty much is against that.
Correction: I would like to see mechanics from other fighters, namely the various attack followups and chains because I think it would help the series. It wouldn't change the game at its core.

I'm surprised you didn't ask what I meant by Sakurai being both right and wrong about 2D fighters.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

*stops doing the "Ridley for Smash!"*
Beware the Forest Mushrooms got a lot of nominations in the early Brawl poll's musical category. I remember the translations at that time. Even if it was it does not necessarily indicate Sakurai's motive as much as it would have shown he was listening to the fans.
Yeah I know all that. I use to be one of the few people who was interested in that poll results, and who was interested in music pre-Brawl (and even moreso pre-the new smash dojo) I just wanted to point out that Sakurai seems to have a certain attachment to Super Mario RPG, similar to Sakurai's attachment to Star Fox and to the Mother franchises. :cool:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah I know all that. I use to be one of the few people who was interested in that poll results, and who was interested in music pre-Brawl (and even moreso pre-the new smash dojo) I just wanted to point out that Sakurai seems to have a certain attachment to Super Mario RPG, similar to his attachment to Star Fox and to the Mother franchise.
That's fine and all, but I need more evidence beyond speculation over a Mario track.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It will feel weird playing as Saki in Smash and not cursing every other second.

Unless Iblis is beating me up or something.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's fine and all, but I need more evidence beyond speculation over a Mario track.
Peach uses the pan from Super Mario RPG in her forward smash.

Sakurai also mentioned Geno 3 times in his reaction to the Brawl poll, which included a few positive things about Super Mario RPG. Go back and read it; you'll find it. ;) :cool: :smirk:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Silly Starphoenix trying to argue with John. Don't you know he's always right. He predicted the outcome of this argument before you even said anything.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Silly Starphoenix trying to argue with John. Don't you know he's always right. He predicted the outcome of this argument before you even said anything.
I actually told somebody "I wouldn't be surprised if Diddy Kong was revealed today" the day Diddy Kong was revealed on the Dojo. :awesome:

I also have predicted 11 of the last 12 Super Bowls right (when choosing between the final two teams). James Harrison had to get a Pick 6 to prove me wrong... :glare:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
John.

I predicted you would say that.

What.
WHAT?

YOU AIN'T GOT NOTHIN'.
I predicted your predictions, and counterpredicted them.

I'm god.

All hail me and Genesect, my lover.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mario stages

I would like a new Mario side-scrolling stage like Mushroomy Kingdom.. but it is called World 1-1... and it is based on World 1-1 from the four games available in Super Mario All-Stars. But I want the graphics to be like that of Kingdom I and Kingdom II, not like Mushroomy Kingdom. It is 4 stages in one instead of 2 stages in one.

I also would like a new Mario static stage like Kingdom I and Kingdom II.... but it is based on New Super Mario Bros. Wii... and it would be called New Kingdom, complete with graphics based on that Wii game.

As for the Galaxy games, I would like the development team to take a page from Delfino Plaza... the stage takes us around various planets and structures in all angles. So we could still fight normally even if the stage appears upside-down.

Bowser's Castle needs to be in the game. It should borrow elements from various games in the past. The bridge from Super Mario Bros., the Skull Switch that destroys the bridge from New Super Mario Bros., the lava pit with lava bubbles from Super Mario Bros., the fireball-breathing Bowser statue in the background from Mario Kart: Double Dash, Thwomps from Super Mario Bros. 3, and finally Chain Chomps hanging from the ceiling and holding up chandeliers from Super Mario RPG.

A Paper Mario stage would be really nice... especially if it is the battle stage from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. It would be a flat stage like Bridge of Eldin... but the audience in the front of the screen serve as hazards. They throw items at battle. Sometimes the curtains close, obscuring our view... but when they reopen, the scenery in the background changes. This changing scenery would justify representing the entire Paper Mario series as it would include backgrounds from all four Paper Mario games. I want Boggly Woods, Glitzville, and Twilight Town backdrops along with Flower Fields, Shy Guy's Toy Box, and Shooting Star Summit backdrops from the original.

Finally, I want a new Mario Kart stage, this time based on Rainbow Road... complete with Chain Chomps from Mario Kart 64 and Shy Guys on karts from Brawl.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sakurai has a pic of his Wii home screen with SMRPG on it :troll:
*gasp* He also had Secret of Mana! That means I can expect to hear this in the next game! :O

http://youtu.be/qHFvbft8E90

:'(

http://youtu.be/OkT4vAJnJls

You really should start talking about stages more, Arcade :)
Did someone just say stages. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom