• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
John.

I predicted you would say that.

What.
WHAT?

YOU AIN'T GOT NOTHIN'.
Did you predict that I would predict that you would predict what I would say correctly=???

NO! Well you know what=??? I DID SUN!!! I also predicted your avatar correctly dude! COME AT ME BRO!!!
John, predict that Nintendo will buy Banjo Kazooie, and that I'll hit lotto
Nope. Don't see it happening. At least not unless Rare goes under.
John reminds me of Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Real men unplug controllers for MIND GAMES!!!

Also, if Psycho Mantis was a true psychic, he would force you to use the 3rd controller port in order to make you buy an extra part for the PSx. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yo guys, best idea I ever had for Smash Bros. 3DS; what if Sakurai remade all the character's games from the playable characters and made an entire SSE-inspired sequel in which you play the actual games (listed as litterally Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Country, Legend Of Zelda, Metroid, StarFox, Mother, Pokémon, ect.) but with a total Smash feel to it? Fighting other characters in between in "cutscene battles" on actual Smash Bros. Stages? Also with actual real inspired boss battles in between? And eventually when completed play the gsme with a second player with a second character from that franchise?? Add in "RPG" elements according to the games, as in Metroid Missiles or Beam powerup... Or just in general powering up your A and B moves in an RPG style, battling enemies from the series repeatedly. And with a sprt of "Battle Tower" like idea to train your character... Leveling them up litterally perhaps as you fight?

Just basically a Sakurai & Smash team made total remake game. With some RPG elements, which in some series could be dofferently represented than in others, but with an equal system every where. Characters could be unlocked as the story progresses in game, and each game could be worth playing in story mode for about 10 to 15 hours easily. And make them all worth replaying in a way of adding characters to the game system cleverly. Say you unlock zjigglypuff in Pokémon, but she still has no B moves and is like level 5. In gsme very weak, but unlocked as a character anyways, so you'll basically are given the choice to play as Jigglypuff a lot or not. Lots of characters could and should be added this way. Picture playing Metroid... You play as Samus of coarse, and mission would simply be : invade Metroid base, and hunt for Ridley. Some story involved evening could have you play as Zero Suit Samus as well. Anthony Higgs would also appear sometimes as an NPC, als fihtingmome enemies in early level, then goes missing and becomes a playable character himself to at a later point. When Ridley is defeated though in the story, he's not killed of but rather left wounded and becomes playable only when completing the game Metroid perfectly for a different ending??

And with Donkey Kong Country for example, a sort of mash up game in between the original DKC games and DKCR. Played with Donkey Kong solo at first, untill Diddy returns in the first level which would allow tagging in between Donkey and Diddy Kong. And when later Dixie get unlocked for story purposes (got left behind by Diddy for the adventure, chases him but get trapped by a boss) you can also tag to play with her. There's then two main teams though: DK and Diddy as a DKCR like duo : featuring Diddy's B as a special, and his Up B to, as in DKCR. No Spinning Kong or Gaint Punch. Spinning Kong would then literally be teached or inspired to DK by how Dixie does her hair spin, and Gaint Punch is learned fully in the battle against King K.Rool as a way to damage his weak point. Up untill then, it's just a regular punch. The Diddy and Dixie tag team woukd feature different specials for the side B and neutral B (yet very similar in working to both characters special moves separately) but would borroe the other specials from each other. Perhaps Up for Dixie and Down B for Diddy (which'd be the Peanut Popgun duo shot, with tripping effect). In the game storynyou'd find parts where you play levels where you either play as one Zking, or a tag team of either DK and Diddy, or Diddy and Dixie. And parts with DK alone (and some with Diddy and a few with zdixie to). King K.Rool would be a playable character in a sexret unlockable event where he takes it up to the Tikis with his own side story. When completing Donkey Kong Country Smash, you can even tag team DK and Diddy or Diddy and Dixie in battle in the VS Mode.

In Pokémon, you play as Pokémon Trainer himself. But it's more a half scenamatic sort of game. You play as the Pokémon Trainer, but he doesn't fight really andmyou can only walkmwith him from point to point, when engaded in a sort of event of a battle he goes to the backside and let his Pokémon fight for him. You start with your Squirtle, Bulbasaur or Charmander, and will first of coarse start with the famous rival trainer battle. You pick Squirtle, fight Bulbasaur, you pick Charmander you fight Squirtle. This is your starter, and you'll fight an evil corporation of sorts... What was the story like in Pokémon Black and White? Well, I don't but picture that with a sort of mix between the story of that and Pkémon Colloseum and XD. You fight wild Pokémon and Trainers and just certain Pokémon are unlockable, and the Trainer catches them in a cutscene. All starters are fully playable, and mostly are all powered up versions of each other, but clones formthe most part still. Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard are thus all playable. Lol. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo and... Just anything would all be unlocked by curscenes and in battle. There are also Boss Battles on stages against Gym Leaders and Pokémon boss fights of coarse. Some Pokéball item Pokémon could also be found, fought and even catched... And usable in a way beyond what we've seen this far. Directly would they attack the target and come up with a set HP bar and battle automatically. Could be used in boss battles as a mean of 2 vs one (picture: Playable Wartortle and or Pikachu with a CPU NPC character aide of say.. Latios or Articuno vs a gaint Rhyperior or Groudon or Dialga). Just a lot of potential there.

But just in general, each game series as their own game wouldmplay as if it actually was a game in the series, but with full playable Smash characters. Who'd also be playable in VS mode. On the stages found in Adventure Mode cutscenes! Even possibilities of cross overs! I'd totally play that. And each game should or would last about 5 to 10 hours story and gameplay wise. Or offer something else, as F-Zero would for example be a full fledged racing game. With cutscene battles. Just like StarFox woudl. Wheras Pokémon and Mother are most RPG like, and Mario and zdonkey Kong would be Smashified plstformers. Legend of Zelda and Metroid would be adventuring and exploring games. With dungeons and maps and stuff.

I'd play this untill my fingers would fall off or stop functioning otherwise.

:phone:
Reposting this lole

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Am I the only one that wants a neo bowser city MK stage?

What I would like to see is a stge based off of Bowser Jr. Boulevard. Having the platforms be LCD screens with little colored circles appearing affecting the characters on top of them at that moment. Oh it would be so creative.

yani

Smash Lord
@Star what do you think of a MP9 stage? Being on the car riding through the boards or something

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That would be pretty freaking amazing.

I wonder if they were inspired to make that track from that old Super Mario Bros. movie? Lol.
If you mean the live action movie I never saw =\. But I'm glad whatever inspired them did because I love the atmosphere of that board.

@diddy
That's a lot to read right now but I'll comment on it before the night's over.

@star
That would be really cool too. It should be your next concept IMO.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star what do you think of a MP9 stage? Being on the car riding through the boards or something
I don't know, I have not played Mario Party 9 so I have no idea of how to make it functional. Personally I've always enjoyed the idea of having Princess Peach's Birthday Cake as a Mario Party stage. If not that then Mario's Rainbow Castle.

yani

Smash Lord
Yeah I voted for Peach's Cake on your poll, that would be swell. MP9 is looking really good right now. Last unlockable character has been revealed

It's
KAMEK

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't know, I have not played Mario Party 9 so I have no idea of how to make it functional. Personally I've always enjoyed the idea of having Princess Peach's Birthday Cake as a Mario Party stage. If not that then Mario's Rainbow Castle.
Nobody's played it yet. :laugh:
Europe gets it in a week, NA gets it 9 days later, and Japan gets it near the end of April.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
We are all playing right into poppy's psychic trap @_@

Metal before you go enable your vms
VVV yep I got you

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
We are all playing right into poppy's psychic trap @_@

Quite. While you all are speculating, I am slowly building my psychic powers through meditation. That, sirs and madams, is why I am so quiet sometimes.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The best Mega Man stage would be Dr. Wily's Museum or Castle, derp. That or two Mega Man stages. :cool:

Edit: Kamek would be awesome, whether as a boss, playable character, background character, or assist trophy character.

As for Alakazam, he should be a Pokéball Pokémon, END OF DISCUSSION! DAT SPOON!!! :smirk:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm surprised you didn't ask what I meant by Sakurai being both right and wrong about 2D fighters.
Because I don't care.

I trust Sakurai more on Smash Bros.'s gameplay than anyone else. My prediction is that he will throw a bone or two to the competitive crowd with Smash 4, but otherwise it still won't be as competitive orientated as Melee was.

I am looking toward Uprising for some ideas on not only characters, stages, items, and music, but also possibly what gameplay direction he will go in.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Unrelated to the argument, Sakurai did daily updates for Melee, right? I just wanted to make sure if anyone else knew.

Cause I'm looking forward to the next Japan Time. I swear that was the most fun I had in a while.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looks like Kamek will be a playable character in Mario Party 9:

Its too bad Yoshi will never get a second playable character (though it does not need one anyway). I am hoping that they will someday go back to the idea of Kamek/Magikoopa as a racer in Mario Kart.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Looks like Kamek will be a playable character in Mario Party 9:

Its too bad Yoshi will never get a second playable character (though it does not need one anyway). I am hoping that they will someday go back to the idea of Kamek/Magikoopa as a racer in Mario Kart.
Kamek would be awesome in a Mario Kart game. If Funky Kong can make it, there is no reason Kamek can't. :bee:

Really any appearance by Kamek in smash bros would be awesome. Kamek is important to the Yoshi and Mario series, thus could be a trophy and a sticker. Kamek would also make a great boss (just like in either Yoshi's Island or Super Mario Galaxy), a great assist trophy character, a great non-playable (background) character, or even a great playable character (which has next to no chance of happening; still, you never know).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Please tell me Waluigi is in Mario Party 9... I also payed it all off some days ago!

...Unfortunately Disgaea 4 already had released. :c

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Waluigi is in MP9 :awesome:
Yes! Yes! Yes! :grin:

The world is right again.

Anyway, I wonder what the Mario Kart Wii U version'll be like. Hopefully it'll have Co-Op GPX mode. Honestly my only true problem with Mario Kart Wii. ...Besides Baby Daisy. :glare:

D

Deleted member

Strange. Nintendo Enthusiast said Koopa Kid would be playable in MP9, and it's clear that he's not.
Dey lied.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know who needs to be playable in Mario Party 9=??? Funky Kong... :troll:

Seriously, Funky Kong has become the ultimate troll character. Imagine if Funky Kong made it as a playable character in smash bros, but not Dixie Kong or King K. Rool. That would be absolute madness, and a crime against humanity smashanity!!! o.O

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know who needs to be playable in Mario Party 9=??? Funky Kong... :troll:

Seriously, Funky Kong has become the ultimate troll character. Imagine if Funky Kong made it as a playable character in smash bros, but not Dixie Kong or King K. Rool. That would be absolute madness, and a crime against humanity smashanity!!! o.O
I thought that was the sheer amount of the Babies. Like Baby Daisy. I'm just surprised Baby Wario(and in turn, Baby Waluigi) haven't turned up yet in spinoffs like Mario Super Sluggers(like Baby DK).

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Is the car the only way to play in Mario party 9 or is that just a separate mode that is really the selling point?

VVV That's stupid. I bet if Hudson was still alive they would have kept the original way atleast as an extra mode.

Lol where'd you find that shortie?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I've held the devil in my little hands, that's right. Baby Waluigi, in my very own mall.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've just started playing through Sin and Punishment, and boy is it punishment for your trigger finger. :rolleyes:

Saki is a must for Smash 4 (although we already knew that :p).

BTW, why are we talking about Mario Party 9?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'd main him. :troll:
While we're at it, let's throw in Dovahkiin. :troll::troll:
While we're at it, throw in Waluigi, Tingle, Baby Daisy, and other characters nobody cares about. :troll:

No my real random choice would be Agahamin from A Link to the Past. I loved that boss battle (both of them) in A Link to the Past. That or Cranky Kong, Knuckles, or Wart. :cool:

Seriously, who would be mad if Cranky Kong was a "WTF?" playable character (especially if Dixie Kong and/or K. Rool were playable) in smash bros=???

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I've just started playing through Sin and Punishment, and boy is it punishment for your trigger finger. :rolleyes:

Saki is a must for Smash 4 (although we already knew that :p).

BTW, why are we talking about Mario Party 9?
ARE YOU TRYING TO BE BETTER THAN ME? I WILL BEAT IT ON NORMAL MODE BEFORE YOUcaps.

Apparently if you LOSE ALL CONTINUES on NORMAL, then it will lower the difficulty against your will.

Now I have to start over again if I want to be a REAL man. A Strong man. u3u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom