• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That or Cranky Kong, Knuckles, or Wart. :cool:

Seriously, who would be mad if Cranky Kong was a "WTF?" playable character (especially if Dixie Kong and/or K. Rool were playable) in smash bros=???
This

I never read most of what you right John, but you said StarFox, and all I have to say is, I don't give two ****s about Golden Sun, Krystal wins. Game over.
Krystal? Naaaaaaaaah. Isaac FTW, especially the Dark Dawn version. Dat beard

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I have a strong feeling that Lip is going to be a female newcomer. She has been referenced a lot since Melee (Lip's Stick, Kirby's Garbage Block, Stickers, and her theme is even a Pictochat song)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Speaking of Lip, here's an on the fly special moveset for her. Chrono, tell me what you think.

B: Pollen
Lip shoots magical sparkles (oh my! /Takei) from her flower as a projectile. When it hits the opponent, they are dealt with damage along with some additional gradual damage, but not to the scale of the item version of Lip's Stick.

Side B: Switcheroo
Lip grabs the opponent and they switch spots with there being just enough hitstun following to followup with a quick combo.

Up B: Pop
An eight-way teleport like Mewtwo. Optionally, by pressing B at the beginning of her reappearance, she can come down on a garbage block ala Kirby.

Down B: Garbage Block
Lip summons a garbage block to fall from above. These themselves don't have a lot of knockback or damage, but are as quick as Mario and Luigi's fireballs so they can be strategically spammed as a result.

Playstyle: Lip is an aerial fighter's worst nightmare. Her Pollen and Garbage Block specials keep the opponent out and she can control both the ground and the air. As a result, this gives her an incredible edgeguarding and zoning game, making her one of the prime examples of a zoning character and a keepaway one too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Shortie: Huh, 13/15 of the newcomers on my roster made it into at least the D-Tier. I think that's pretty cool. Either that, or it shows how predictable my roster was...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Raichu is going to get a huge boost in fighting:
Serebii said:
Pokémon Black & White - Japan Extremespeed Pikachu

Today in Japan, Junichi Masuda revealed in the Pokémon Centre in Fukuoka that there is to be an upcoming Pikachu event. This event is to tie in with the new bullet train in Japan in Kyushu Shinkansen. This Pikachu, to go with the concept of the bullet train, is to know the special move; Extremespeed. Full details on this event are due to come on Monday
Also, some time today, huge news is going to be announced. I'll keep ya'll in touch the moment it comes out.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Geno? I love this hack mariodk is working on

Geno in Brawl
lol, mariodk

~
Waluigi = Party game character.
Smash Bros. = Party game.

:awesome:
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

~
You guys know the whole "Real men use items." line on the Dojo? According to TVTropes, the message on the Japanese website was "I'm finished registering." Iblis, can you verify this?

The MK stage MUST be Rainbow Road. No doubt about it.
Who doesn't?

Other than the women.

:awesome:

Yo guys, best idea I ever had for Smash Bros. 3DS; what if Sakurai remade all the character's games from the playable characters and made an entire SSE-inspired sequel in which you play the actual games (listed as litterally Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Country, Legend Of Zelda, Metroid, StarFox, Mother, Pokémon, ect.) but with a total Smash feel to it? Fighting other characters in between in "cutscene battles" on actual Smash Bros. Stages? Also with actual real inspired boss battles in between? And eventually when completed play the gsme with a second player with a second character from that franchise?? Add in "RPG" elements according to the games, as in Metroid Missiles or Beam powerup... Or just in general powering up your A and B moves in an RPG style, battling enemies from the series repeatedly. And with a sprt of "Battle Tower" like idea to train your character... Leveling them up litterally perhaps as you fight?

Just basically a Sakurai & Smash team made total remake game. With some RPG elements, which in some series could be dofferently represented than in others, but with an equal system every where. Characters could be unlocked as the story progresses in game, and each game could be worth playing in story mode for about 10 to 15 hours easily. And make them all worth replaying in a way of adding characters to the game system cleverly. Say you unlock zjigglypuff in Pokémon, but she still has no B moves and is like level 5. In gsme very weak, but unlocked as a character anyways, so you'll basically are given the choice to play as Jigglypuff a lot or not. Lots of characters could and should be added this way. Picture playing Metroid... You play as Samus of coarse, and mission would simply be : invade Metroid base, and hunt for Ridley. Some story involved evening could have you play as Zero Suit Samus as well. Anthony Higgs would also appear sometimes as an NPC, als fihtingmome enemies in early level, then goes missing and becomes a playable character himself to at a later point. When Ridley is defeated though in the story, he's not killed of but rather left wounded and becomes playable only when completing the game Metroid perfectly for a different ending??

And with Donkey Kong Country for example, a sort of mash up game in between the original DKC games and DKCR. Played with Donkey Kong solo at first, untill Diddy returns in the first level which would allow tagging in between Donkey and Diddy Kong. And when later Dixie get unlocked for story purposes (got left behind by Diddy for the adventure, chases him but get trapped by a boss) you can also tag to play with her. There's then two main teams though: DK and Diddy as a DKCR like duo : featuring Diddy's B as a special, and his Up B to, as in DKCR. No Spinning Kong or Gaint Punch. Spinning Kong would then literally be teached or inspired to DK by how Dixie does her hair spin, and Gaint Punch is learned fully in the battle against King K.Rool as a way to damage his weak point. Up untill then, it's just a regular punch. The Diddy and Dixie tag team woukd feature different specials for the side B and neutral B (yet very similar in working to both characters special moves separately) but would borroe the other specials from each other. Perhaps Up for Dixie and Down B for Diddy (which'd be the Peanut Popgun duo shot, with tripping effect). In the game storynyou'd find parts where you play levels where you either play as one Zking, or a tag team of either DK and Diddy, or Diddy and Dixie. And parts with DK alone (and some with Diddy and a few with zdixie to). King K.Rool would be a playable character in a sexret unlockable event where he takes it up to the Tikis with his own side story. When completing Donkey Kong Country Smash, you can even tag team DK and Diddy or Diddy and Dixie in battle in the VS Mode.

In Pokémon, you play as Pokémon Trainer himself. But it's more a half scenamatic sort of game. You play as the Pokémon Trainer, but he doesn't fight really andmyou can only walkmwith him from point to point, when engaded in a sort of event of a battle he goes to the backside and let his Pokémon fight for him. You start with your Squirtle, Bulbasaur or Charmander, and will first of coarse start with the famous rival trainer battle. You pick Squirtle, fight Bulbasaur, you pick Charmander you fight Squirtle. This is your starter, and you'll fight an evil corporation of sorts... What was the story like in Pokémon Black and White? Well, I don't but picture that with a sort of mix between the story of that and Pkémon Colloseum and XD. You fight wild Pokémon and Trainers and just certain Pokémon are unlockable, and the Trainer catches them in a cutscene. All starters are fully playable, and mostly are all powered up versions of each other, but clones formthe most part still. Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard are thus all playable. Lol. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Mewtwo and... Just anything would all be unlocked by curscenes and in battle. There are also Boss Battles on stages against Gym Leaders and Pokémon boss fights of coarse. Some Pokéball item Pokémon could also be found, fought and even catched... And usable in a way beyond what we've seen this far. Directly would they attack the target and come up with a set HP bar and battle automatically. Could be used in boss battles as a mean of 2 vs one (picture: Playable Wartortle and or Pikachu with a CPU NPC character aide of say.. Latios or Articuno vs a gaint Rhyperior or Groudon or Dialga). Just a lot of potential there.

But just in general, each game series as their own game wouldmplay as if it actually was a game in the series, but with full playable Smash characters. Who'd also be playable in VS mode. On the stages found in Adventure Mode cutscenes! Even possibilities of cross overs! I'd totally play that. And each game should or would last about 5 to 10 hours story and gameplay wise. Or offer something else, as F-Zero would for example be a full fledged racing game. With cutscene battles. Just like StarFox woudl. Wheras Pokémon and Mother are most RPG like, and Mario and zdonkey Kong would be Smashified plstformers. Legend of Zelda and Metroid would be adventuring and exploring games. With dungeons and maps and stuff.

I'd play this untill my fingers would fall off or stop functioning otherwise.

:phone:
What the hell? a DiddyKong post WITHOUT AN IMPA REFERENCE?

Oh my stars, now I've seen everything. O_o

John reminds me of Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid *snip*
So... you like to play Castlevania...

But let's be realistic for a moment here, if Snake got back in (along with Gray Fox as a playable), I think the best villain to be in Smash would be Psycho Mantis. Or maybe The Boss.

Also, screw SAWNIK, we need ANOTHER SEGA rep...

...like I said earlier, Gillius Thunderhead or Axel Stone. >_> Alex Kidd as an AT.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Also, screw SAWNIK, we need ANOTHER SEGA rep...

...like I said earlier, Gillius Thunderhead or Axel Stone. >_> Alex Kidd as an AT.
No sir, Billy Hatcher as AT. Alex Kidd can just go away like he did when he was booted off the SEGA high-chair, just like Opa-Opa. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Screw them both.

We all know who the BEST Sega rep is (after Sonic).

He's the R.O.B. of Sega. Somewhat.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Krystal? Naaaaaaaaah. Isaac FTW, especially the Dark Dawn version. Dat beard
This made me lulz. Also, agreed. Note I am not totally against Krystal like some people. I just hate her fanbase, I don't find her very interesting (personality-wise), and her games about as boring as golf. :glare: I love what her moveset could potentially be, but I cannot get over what games she came from and her dreadful personality.

Put Krystal in a good Star Fox game with a likeable personality and most of us (myself included) will have no reason not to want Krystal to be playable in smash. That is what is so frustrating to me about her. She's got potential to be a great character, but all she has been is watered down salt. :urg: :reverse:

Blue Bomber, Blue Bomber, BLUE BOMBER!!!
I have a strong feeling that Lip is going to be a female newcomer. She has been referenced a lot since Melee (Lip's Stick, Kirby's Garbage Block, Stickers, and her theme is even a Pictochat song)
It has always been mentioned. I don't think anyone here is willing to rule that out. However, I have a "gut" feeling that Lip won't be playable in either of these forthcoming games. Despite that, I think eventually she will be playable in smash. Personally I would not mind Lip being playable (or an assist trophy) in smash bros one bit.

@ LC-DDM
That is Nidoqueen... :embarrass: ...although I think you knew that! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Roster request.

Nidoqueen can't breed, silly. :smirk:

EDIT: Well, not so much a request as it is something that I would find awesome.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I dunno, Nidoqueen and Nidoking are basically the same thing... :troll:

For realZ, if we ever got another Pokémon Trainer (which I doubt), I would like a trainer with all legendary/rare Pokémon. Right now I'm thinking Tyranitaur/Celebii, Gyarados/Milotic, and Shaymin/Darkrai would be an awesome combination.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I highly doubt that there will ever be another SEGA or Konami rep besides Sonic and Snake. Remember that this is a Nintendo game, Sonic and Snake are GUEST characters, and I believe if one 3rd party company got a second character then every other company should be treated the same and get a second one too. I don't care how popular a SEGA or Konami character is, it would hard for me to see this a Nintendo game if they do. But I won't mind another 3rd character from another company

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah this is a total "no chance" discussion. Still, I wouldn't count out Tails or Bomberman (who is now owned by Konami) as a potential newcomer. Other than that though, I would count 2 characters from a 3rd party as a playable character in smash bros out of the equation.

Besides, we all know that Magicarp would be the best character. I even made a Magicarp moveset! :awesome:
A: splash.
AA: Triple splash "oh mah gawd."
AAA: Triple Splash.
Forward tilt: Flip flop splash.
Down tilt: Fish out of water splash.
Up tilt: Small puddle splash.
Forward Smash: STRONG splash.
Down Smash: WHIRLPOOL SPLASH!
Up Smash: RISING SPLASH!
Neutral Air: Wind Splash.
Forward Air: Molecule Splash.
Back Air: Body SPLASH!
Down Air: Spin Attack SPLASH!
Up Air: Space (Jam?) Splash.
Neutral B: HYPER BEAM splash.
Forward B: Headbutt Splash.
Down B: Earthquake Splash.
Up B: Waterfall Splash.
Grab: Surf Splash.
Grab Hit: Tidal Wave Splash.
Final Smash: Horn Drill.
:troll:

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Live and Learn, my friend

Or better yet, why don't I let me show you just... WHAT I'M MADE OF

:phone:
To be honest, I liked Sonic Adventure 1's music more. But I love Escape from the City from SA2.... Follow me, set me free!

DUDE OPA OPA IS BEST. >:V

Also, whoever suggested Meowth over Rhydon...

>_> This is why it shouldn't happen.

Opaopa for smash

Fantasy Zone= Super ****in awesome.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No worries, they've made plenty of Bomberman games since that weird version was released. He will no longer haunt our dreams.

Bomberman is pretty much who Konami SHOULD have chosen to be in Brawl, in a perfect world.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hudson learned the hard way. I think Konami may be happy that (awful game and Hudson closure) happened... if they make money off the Hudson IP's they bought. ;) :cool: :bee:
What about that idea of mine where Smash 3DS is basically every game series like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Pokémon remade in a Smash favor with RPG like SSE-inspired elements as leveling up, and powering up your B moves?
I dunno about that. What I suggested is we take a few areas directly from their games (Smash in 8-bit Super Mario Bros. and whatever-bit Donkey Kong FTW!), then make some areas based off the various series that have playable characters (plus a few other series).

Then the rest of the levels would be in high detailed graphics. Here's what we could do:
-Go through

-Exploring Hyrule Field: It could be inspired from several games on any number of quests. Perhaps we could go through popular Zelda locals, such as Death Mountain, Hyrule Castle, Kakariko Village, or a (smash exclusive?) Zelda dungeon. We could fight all kinds of Zelda enemies, and perhaps even a boss or two! :cool:

-An epic Star Fox battle (whether in Corneria, Sector X, or multiple locations): Perhaps you could help Star Fox in a battle by going on the ground. You would be on streets, in or above water (water gauge?), buildings, space debris, ground and sea machinery, and spaceships of all sizes (perhaps you might have to jump off some while they are hit, or hurry up before one crashes when it is shot down and destroyed). We wouldn't just have to worry about enemies near us (robots, generic animal aliens, land tanks, space ships, submarines, etc), but enemies afar trying to shoot us down. We could fight a cool boss at the end of levels like in actual Star Fox games! :bee:

I hope those provide insight as to where I would like the Adventure Mode to go. It doesn't have to be complex (or have a story), but it should be epic, make some of us nostalgic, and perhaps introduce us to new worlds we never knew we would like.

I would love a leveling up single-player where you can raise your statistics. Think like stickers, but without stickers (although I think stickers should stay; but dang it, they shouldn't disappear after removing them!).

You could raise the damage each particular (or all) attacks do, raise the knockback/stun/pre and after-lag each (or all) moves do, give your character super armor during/after/before attacks, give your character more weight/stun and knockback resistance, make your attacks have special elemental damage that can do extra damage to opponents, get resistance/invulnerability to certain types of attacks, increase your characters number of jumps, your character's speed, the height/width of your character's jumps, increase your attack (and grab) range, or maybe even give your character an item for a smash/tilt attack. That's all I can think of, but there is definitely more to add.

I also would like to add that you should be able to buy and carry items that you can carry and summon with either the start menu or some button(s). That would be cool. Also, maybe even have a special ability where more items/stickers/trophies/coins/whatever are spawned or you can get better treasures more commonly.

Blue Bomber, Blue Bomber, BLUE BOMBER!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No worries, they've made plenty of Bomberman games since that weird version was released. He will no longer haunt our dreams.

Bomberman is pretty much who Konami SHOULD have chosen to be in Brawl, in a perfect world.
Hudson wasn't bought out by Konami until 2009. Besides, (Solid) Snake is way cooler. :p

DAT A**!!! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom