• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Sarcasm lol

He's referencing the fact that a lot of people here constantly rag on him for a lot of his ideas being "inspired" by other fighting game series

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But I'm serious.

Iblis really needs to make that his avatar.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I'd rather the worst of a fanbase come from a small part of it. If that's the case, they're about as worrisome as furries.
I am somewhat of a brony and I agree with you on that. The ones who post crap on Youtube saying how attractive they find the characters frighten me. However, for pure scariness furries have yet to be beaten.

(Epona for Sm4sh)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, I doubt most are actually serious when they say things like that, regardless of fanbase.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
RANDOM POST: Try looking at this poster with Kazuya without laughing.
http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2012/feb/22/street-fighter-x-tekken-artworks-sample-01/
...I have failed... :(

But that is pretty friggen funny! :laugh:

Also, the problems with fanbases are fanboys/fangirls who ignore logic in favor of their love for a fictional character/story/series.

Also, can we all agree that most of that the Street Fighter competitive fanbase is a hundred times worse than the Smash 64/Melee/Brawl competitive fanbase=???

Street Fighter "hardcore" competitive players talking about how superior them and their game are is kinda like Dungeons and Dragons nerds talking how superior they are to the jocks. It's just eff'in stupid man. C'MON MAN!!! :laugh:

Edit: I wanna pick Ridley's nose... :cool: :samus:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
...I have failed... :(

But that is pretty friggen funny! :laugh:

Also, the problems with fanbases are fanboys/fangirls who ignore logic in favor of their love for a fictional character/story/series.

Also, can we all agree that most of that the Street Fighter competitive fanbase is a hundred times worse than the Smash 64/Melee/Brawl competitive fanbase=???

Street Fighter "hardcore" competitive players talking about how superior them and their game are is kinda like Dungeons and Dragons nerds talking how superior they are to the jocks. It's just eff'in stupid man. C'MON MAN!!! :laugh:

Edit: I wanna pick Ridley's nose... :cool: :samus:
I would just say people on SRK, I swear SRK is like the lying turd of the Fighting Game Community.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would just say people on SRK, I swear SRK is like the lying turd of the Fighting Game Community.
You can say the same for any forum, especially the Brawl part of this forum.

3rd Strike elitists tick me off though.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
*brofist*

I would love Sub-Zero or Kenshi, honestly. Sadly, in the extremely unlikely event that we were to get an MK character in Smash, we'd probably only get Riu Kang... :urg:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Next Smash needs moar Mother please :(

Although I'm worried Lucas or Ness might get the boot (Ness wil prolly stay)
But I don't get why they should be system exclusive, why should Mother be cut a character, if anything I think they should get 1 or 2 more characters with Mother 1+2 being ranked some of the best games of all time in Japan.

I'm just worried about Lucas, but they should add 2 of the following

Pokey, Ana, Jeff, Paula, Ninten, (Maybe outfit for Ness with custom voice) and the masked man.

Kinda worried about Lucas tbh :(

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
*brofist*

I would love Sub-Zero or Kenshi, honestly. Sadly, in the extremely unlikely event that we were to get an MK character in Smash, we'd probably only get Riu Kang... :urg:
Actually, Liu Kang isn't even the main character anymore. He's the fake hero. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are considered the main characters now. Hell, Johnny Cage is actually the closest we have to a pure hero since Kang was technically killed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
*brofist*

Even though Liu Kang was meant to be the main character in the story, Scorpion is ICON of Mortal Kombat.

I mean, "GET OVER HERE." You thought that in his voice.

ALSO, I wouldn't worry about Lucas. Though I wouldn't expect another character. If we did get another Mother character, Porky is the only right answer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Next Smash needs moar Mother please :(

Although I'm worried Lucas or Ness might get the boot (Ness wil prolly stay)
But I don't get why they should be system exclusive, why should Mother be cut a character, if anything I think they should get 1 or 2 more characters with Mother 1+2 being ranked some of the best games of all time in Japan.

I'm just worried about Lucas, but they should add 2 of the following

Pokey, Ana, Jeff, Paula, Ninten, (Maybe outfit for Ness with custom voice) and the masked man.

Kinda worried about Lucas tbh :(

I wouldn't worry about Lucas getting the boot, tbh. Sakurai stated that he likes all of the Brawl characters, so we can assume they'll stay, unless the third parties have licensing issues.

However, I wouldn't get my hopes up for one, none the less two, Mother characters. They're not highly demanded, the series is small, and we just got Lucas in Brawl. In Melee, Lucas was supposed to replace Ness before Mother 3 got delayed. That may show that Sakurai is conservative with Mother characters.

EDIT: Oasis, you are the Strongest of Ninjas.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
OHHHHH yeah.... I keep forgetting that they killed Liu off again lol

And yeah, Scorpion is the icon, but Sub-Zero is pretty iconic, too! His first fatality ever is practically the ESRB-maker haha

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I wouldn't worry about Lucas but if they made his Zap Jump and magnet pull disappear he'll need major improving, and I know Lucas was supposed to, that's why Ness' PK Flash is green from what I know.

I honestly don't see why another Mother character wouldn't make it in, Mother 1 needs a character, it was placed higher in Japan than Mother 3.

If the roster increases by a lot hopefully they do add 2 more, otherwise I'd understand only 1.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would love to see Porky or Masked Man/Claus become playable. I think Ninten is balls, but those two could play very interestingly. I wish I knew more about the series to elaborate, but I don't.

Blueberry Syrup, you better be a lady.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I'm not a lady <. < Why would I need to be

Also yeah, I think Ana or Paula at least or Kumatora due to the lack of female characters.

Ivysaur, Zelda, ZSS/Samus, Peach. That's about it.

Screw Jigglypuff, her bair was nerf'd

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Khameleon should be in Smash so they don't have to choose between all of the ninjas.

Or, just go RETRO and have MK1 Reptile in Smash. He was an AMALGAM of Scorpion and Reptile. You got your spears and iceballs. Everything you could want. The alternate colors would be of all the other ninjas. MORE COLORS THAN A YOSHI. 8D

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wouldn't worry about Lucas but if they made his Zap Jump and magnet pull disappear he'll need major improving, and I know Lucas was supposed to, that's why Ness' PK Flash is green from what I know.

I honestly don't see why another Mother character wouldn't make it in, Mother 1 needs a character, it was placed higher in Japan than Mother 3.

If the roster increases by a lot hopefully they do add 2 more, otherwise I'd understand only 1.
The problem is that it doesn't need a character. It didn't even reach America, for one, and the game is extremely old. If a character were added, it'd most likely be Ninten. The problem is...he looks exactly like Ness and, IIRC, only learns defensive PSI.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Psh. Figures. I'm asking for too much. Not enough estrogen for me to survive in this place.

Nawww. Krystal, Dixie, Mona, Syrup, Palutena, Medusa. Thes ladies are where it's at.

Oh, and Leaf~

The problem is that it doesn't need a character. It didn't even reach America, for one, and the game is extremely old. If a character were added, it'd most likely be Ninten. The problem is...he looks exactly like Ness and, IIRC, only learns defensive PSI.

Oh yes it does. The series is no way finished. It's a large franchise who has two strong lead characters missing. It NEEDS just as much as Donkey Kong NEEDS Dixie and K. Rool. They may not get Porky or Claus, but they need them. In order to finish their series.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Lol, and they don't really need more characters but they do have a lot of fans.

Even though it's not extremely popular in the US it is in Japan. Or at least was, if only Earthbound was more popular in the US and didn't fail.

y earthbound y

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
OHHHHH yeah.... I keep forgetting that they killed Liu off again lol
I'm thankful they did. He was annoying as hell.

And yeah, Scorpion is the icon, but Sub-Zero is pretty iconic, too! His first fatality ever is practically the ESRB-maker haha
They're equal in icon status. Scorpion's the hero(Chaotic Good to an extent), and Sub-Zero is just the neutral guy, but definitely heroic, of course, by that, I mean the second one. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@ Shortie: What I meant by that was that it doesn't need one for SSB4. If the Smash continues after 4, which it probably will, then yeah, Porky or Masked Man would be cool. Maybe even Duster. I just meant that there is room for them to not get one in this one.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
If I could like these posts I'd like Shorty's.

Also, I'd consider SSB4 3DS version and SSB5 Wii U version due to Wii U needing more time for graphics probably.

Wii U will hopefully have 2 more additional Mother characters.

I'd love for Fourside to come back, I loved Fourside in Earthbou- MOONSIDE, NEEDS... MOAR MOONSIDE.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@ Shortie: What I meant by that was that it doesn't need one for SSB4. If the Smash continues after 4, which it probably will, then yeah, Porky or Masked Man would be cool. Maybe even Duster. I just meant that there is room for them to not get one in this one.
Nope, it needs them just as much as Ridley is needed, they may not make it into SSB4, but they're still just as needed. Adding Porky and Claus is just as justifiable as adding Dixie and K. Rool. It may NOT BE AS SMART, because they aren't that popular with fans, and a lot of people are looking forward to those two characters, but they're JUST AS NEEDED.

It's about completeing the franchises you silly cats.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That was essentially what I was getting at, Shortie. Not as smart. I mean, like you said, Ridley and K. Rool appeal more towards fans than say, Porky and Claus.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see those two playable one day, but I think we should complete, say, Metroid and Donkey Kong first, as they are bigger and more popular series.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I want Lucas to have Claus alternate costume with his hair changed, voice, and maybe his outfit in game which I won't spoil.

Also, Mario should get rocket flud for recovery, and with Nintendo looking back into past games it'd be cool for a SMS 2.

EDIT: Also I disagree with any punchout characters being added, they just don't seem... very well bleh.

they don't seem like they'd fit in at all, recoveries wouldn't really... I just don't agree with it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That was essentially what I was getting at, Shortie. Not as smart. I mean, like you said, Ridley and K. Rool appeal more towards fans than say, Porky and Claus.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love to see those two playable one day, but I think we should complete, say, Metroid and Donkey Kong first, as they are bigger and more popular series.
You should have said that then. Needed, is a strong word. Silly boys.

I want Lucas to have a Kumatora alternate palette swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom