• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Also, Kumatora + Claus wouild be boss.

With SSB4/5 it'd be doable with voices too, imagine being able to hear what Kumatora or Claus sound like.

x3 the PK Fire

x3 the PK Thunder

x3 the PK Freeze

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mix my thoughts up a lot when I attempt to multitask. Sorry for the confusion, Shortie...

I would hope the other Mother character wouldn't get PK Fire, Thunder, or Freeze, if that's what you're getting at...

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
No, I'm talking about alternate costumes getting voices.

The other characters should have other PSI's, and Ness and Lucas need improved a lot (STUPID GRABS)

Ganon needs deleted...

AND REMADE, he's the king of evil, not a Captain Falcon rip off, he doesn't even use his sword.

Imo they just need to completely redo him.

Make MK less broken, change a few recoveries.

Olimar needs to be less campy imo

Ice Climbers popo has no grab

and Snake's hitboxes are downgraded big time (Also Diddy limited to 1 nana maybe.)

All suggestions, might of forgotten a character. OH Marth, hopefully they nerf him a bit. Can't blame me I'm a Lucas/Ness main, we see their true terror and stupid crap.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Just nerf MK's attak speed and priority and your good.
And his recovery as well.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I'd say give MK a little less speed, make him more speed based though, make his attacks less powerful and seriously though, recoveries ugh.

They also should balance character Final Smashes

3 characters get a Tank, DK gets drums that people can just watch

Lucas and Ness attacks are just sidestep avoidable

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
you know, I just saw the vid with Sakurai talking about KI Uprising, and the Cauldreon sounds EXACTLY like the level up system used in TWEWY-the harder it is, the more rarer prizes you get. what's the big deal? remember that leaked document talking about how he had plans to use a TWEY-esque system for Smash? yeah, that might suddenly seem more real....

and as for the Mario/FLUDD idea, I was thinking of ways Mario could be buffed in the next game.

-Mario's Fireballs travel greater distance
-his Dair from Melee returns
-Fair is now atrue spike
-Mario's Super Jump Punch/Walljump cancel returns, and resets his second Jump(kinda like Ganon's Wizard foot used to)
-FLUDD instantly kills Red Pikmin, and damages non-blue ones for 1%
-when done in the air, FLUDD turns into Hover Nozzle and allows Mario to floa for a short time. charging it makes him float longer. anyone underneath him gets pushed down by the presssure, aloowing it to psuedo-spike.

this should make him much more better overall.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You can say the same for any forum, especially the Brawl part of this forum.

3rd Strike elitists tick me off though.
Yeah 3rd Strike elitist scrubs and a lot of the hipsters who play Street Fighter IV (I'm not calling SFIV a hipster game by any means) are really annoying.
Oh yes it does. The series is no way finished. It's a large franchise who has two strong lead characters missing. It NEEDS just as much as Donkey Kong NEEDS Dixie and K. Rool. They may not get Porky or Claus, but they need them. In order to finish their series.
MOTHER as a whole has sold not too much more than a million units, and only one game in the series left Japan. Comparing Ninten to Ridley (the main villain of a 16 million unit series that revolutionized gaming), Dixie Kong (who starred in a blockbuster game), K. Rool (the main villain of one of the biggest gaming series of all-time) is silly. I understand you want to "complete" the franchises, but we've only got so many spots. Besides, people don't play franchises; they play characters.

If we were to "complete" the Metroid franchise, we would not just need Ridley, but SA-X, Dark Samus, Sylux, and probably Mother Brain. :awesome:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I completely agree, Mario needs to be better in general :\

The fireball thing though is kinda iffish, maybe a little but I wouldn't want him being spammable.

FD used to be legit, in Brawl it's just a spam abuse fest imo :\

Also I'm tired of Mother characters being so bahd

Erry game Mother characters have been really low tier.

Also I don't think it'll be that funny, but I expect like 5 new series at least to enter Brawl with 1 character, but I hope he keeps mostly the original characters and adds more to their series. Don't want to many new series coming in.

EDIT: Samus probably needs another character added but... tbh I don't see how Ridley would move affectively, he just seems really weird.

Imo I think it should be another character.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Smash 5 happens, its character roster is gonn be funny
Dude, too soon. =P
One of these two forthcoming smash bros games is Smash 5, so yeah. :p

If we're talking about 8-12 year down the road, then we need to refer to such a game as Smash 6 technically. :grin:

Still, we should focus on the forthcoming smash bros games right now. :cool:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I think 3DS should have a mother character added, then Wii U has 1 more added.

Honestly that way he keeps with the pattern, but NONE should be removed especially Ness or Lucas imo :(

Dixie Kong could easily be a costume for Diddy or even Salsa from Mother 3 (Although that'd be weird LOL)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Yeah 3rd Strike elitist scrubs and a lot of the hipsters who play Street Fighter IV (I'm not calling SFIV a hipster game by any means) are really annoying.

MOTHER as a whole has sold not too much more than a million units, and only one game in the series left Japan. Comparing Ninten to Ridley (the main villain of a 16 million unit series that revolutionized gaming), Dixie Kong (who starred in a blockbuster game), K. Rool (the main villain of one of the biggest gaming series of all-time) is silly. I understand you want to "complete" the franchises, but we've only got so many spots. Besides, people don't play franchises; they play characters.

If we were to "complete" the Metroid franchise, we would not just need Ridley, but SA-X, Dark Samus, Sylux, and probably Mother Brain. :awesome:
Also, there is the matter that Shortie's opinion on what "completes" the series may differ from many other people. Most people seem to think Ness and Lucas is "complete for Mother.

Also, I contacted the head of Serenes Forest about GBA Fire Emblem trilogy poll in Nintendo Dream. I asked him if he had any further information about it.

I'm afraid I'm not aware of any scans about this. 2005 was just a bit before I started browsing Japanese sites and since Nintendo Dream is monthly, it's rarely cited for information.

Apparently Roy was 1st and Nino was 13th, and Ephraim may have been 10th, but that's about all I could find : (

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I think 3DS should have a mother character added, then Wii U has 1 more added.

Honestly that way he keeps with the pattern, but NONE should be removed especially Ness or Lucas imo :(

Dixie Kong could easily be a costume for Diddy or even Salsa from Mother 3 (Although that'd be weird LOL)
Dixie doesn't have a tail, Peanut Popguns, or Rocketbarrels. Costume is undoable.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I doubt it's undoable, it'd be a cheaply done character if they still had the tail, but I think smash has enough Monkeys, they should honestly add King K Rool, add Funky Kong as DK alternate, and possible add... Idk who else.

I'd prefer Tiny Kong/ Lanky Kong/ Chunky Kong over Dixie tbh.

They should be in the game as assist trophies or a final smash for DK :\

EDIT: Chunky could throw explosive oranges as an assist trophy

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, there is the matter that Shortie's opinion on what "completes" the series may differ from many other people. Most people seem to think Ness and Lucas is "complete for Mother.
Yes, but Shortie is entitled to his opinion, even if a "complete" roster with "complete" series representation according to the standards he listed would be over a hundred characters. If what he described with MOTHER happened to every franchise, especially more popular franchises with longer games and more games).
Also, I contacted the head of Serenes Forest about GBA Fire Emblem trilogy poll in Nintendo Dream. I asked him if he had any further information about it.
I'm afraid I'm not aware of any scans about this. 2005 was just a bit before I started browsing Japanese sites and since Nintendo Dream is monthly, it's rarely cited for information.

Apparently Roy was 1st and Nino was 13th, and Ephraim may have been 10th, but that's about all I could find : (
Not sure what all this means (other than popularity of characters from Fire Emblem 6, 7, and 8), but okay.

This won't directly impact which Fire Emblem characters end up being playable in smash. Those games are half a decade plus old, and people's opinions do change. :bee:

Add in that Roy has a (possibly unfair) advantage because he was in Melee, which automatically makes him a lot more popular than the common lord to the average smash fan. Amongst smash fans (all smash fans, not just those who post on sites like this, IGN, Nsider, GameFAQs, etc), Roy is probably the 2nd or 3rd most popular Fire Emblem character, behind Ike and probably Marth.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Not sure what all this means (other than popularity of characters from Fire Emblem 6, 7, and 8), but okay. I don't think this would directly impact smash, especially since those games are over half a decade old. That and that opinions do change. :bee:
I already knew that Roy was first place in the poll. I was simply asking him if he had any more information about the results and a scan. The reason I brought it up because it serves as proof about Roy's Japanese popularity.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Imo Roy... Idk if he should return, Ike might not stay due to the new FE coming out, I don't really want the new gen. pokemon coming in smash, they keep getting worse and worse, seeing them in brawl would just be bad.

There are some good ones but ugh, personally the originals would be a much better choice.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Off-topic, but seeing BlueberrySyrup reminds me of something that's kinda funny...

Remember Jeff's friend in Earthbound? Y'know, at the orphanage?

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Yeah, his name was uhmmm... UGGHHH no, it wasn't Chentars (If you're talking about who I posted below)

It was Tony, and also Lyn I thought about before, she'd be great to have, I loved Lyn

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Huh, Kyurem's forme changes have been leaked. Seems to have an electric and fire version. Pokemon Grey incoming I guess.

Edit: Gonna wait for more legitimacy on it though...I mean the picture looks real, but who knows.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I already knew that Roy was first place in the poll. I was simply asking him if he had any more information about the results and a scan. The reason I brought it up because it serves as proof about Roy's Japanese popularity.
Yes, but really I think most of us could have guessed Roy was the most popular character from the GBA Fire Emblem Trilogy because of his Melee appearance (which makes him more popular than the other 5 Lords by far) and Lord status (which makes him more popular than common characters).

The only information I got out of that which I couldn't have guessed is that Ephraim isn't anywhere near as popular as with Western Fire Emblem fans.
Off-topic, but seeing BlueberrySyrup reminds me of something that's kinda funny...

Remember Jeff's friend in Earthbound? Y'know, at the orphanage?
You mean the one that people speculate might be gay=??? :glare:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I'd say the new FE will have a new character, I want Ephraim and Lyn.

Also, Grey would be so... bleh

If it's for 3DS I want pokemon to be following you again, although I probably won't get it.

Maybe, Maybe not. Idk yet

EDIT: xD @ Gay Tony

Tony was so ignored though, felt bad for him :<

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Huh, Kyurem's forme changes have been leaked. Seems to have an electric and fire version. Pokemon Grey incoming I guess.
*it is announced as Pokémon P***s Version*

No really, Grey was inevitable from the start. Now the question is whether the Pokémon Company and Game Freak will make a Ruby and Sapphire versions remake, and whether or not people will care to buy it. :smirk::smirk: :reverse: :troll: :cool:

I know while I liked those games, they weren't as smooth as the 4th or 5th Generation Pokémon games. If they smooth out the games, add more areas (because Gold and Silver had a way bigger and way more awesome world), and make everything more streamline and entertaining, I might (I said might) get it.

Edit: The Ballad of Gay Tony made me lulz. :chuckle:

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
*it is announced as Pokémon P***s Version*

No really, Grey was inevitable from the start. Now the question is whether the Pokémon Company and Game Freak will make a Ruby and Sapphire versions remake, and whether or not people will care to buy it. :smirk::smirk: :reverse: :troll: :cool:
A Ruby and Sapphire remake? :yeahboi:

AWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYEAAAAAAH!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The only information I got out of that which I couldn't have guessed is that Ephraim isn't anywhere near as popular as with Western Fire Emblem fans.
From what I read on Japanese sites, the only three Fire Emblem games that seem to be unpopular in Japan are Gaiden (FE2), Sacred Stones (FE8), and Shadow Dragon (FE11). So it makes sense that Ephraim ranked at only 10th place in that GBA trilogy popularity poll.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't look at me, I stole the idea from Toise.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
FE games are still all good imo

Also, they better update Pokemon a lot if it's for 3DS, Pokemon Pokedex 3DS really showed what they can do.

R/S remake, I wish they did S/G better and now instead, I'm gonna miss those regions.

They still need a game with like 3-4 regions. D:<

Mother needs moar love :(

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
From what I read, the only three Fire Emblem games that seem to be unpopular in Japan are Gaiden (FE2), Sacred Stones (FE8), and Shadow Dragon (FE11). So it makes sense that Ephraim ranked at only 10th place in that GBA trilogy popularity poll.
Yeah Gaiden wasn't too popular.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Gen 5 did HMs perfectly. There was only 1 time where you had to use a HM, but everything else was completely optional.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
From what I read, the only three Fire Emblem games that seem to be unpopular in Japan are Gaiden (FE2), Sacred Stones (FE8), and Shadow Dragon (FE11). So it makes sense that Ephraim ranked at only 10th place in that GBA trilogy popularity poll.
I understand Gaiden not being popular despite not playing it.

Sacred Stones was pretty good. I wasn't as into the story as with the previous 2 games, but it was still very fun. What about it did the Japanese Fire Emblem fanbase dislike=???

I haven't played Shadow Dragon (much), but you think Japanese Fire Emblem fans would like it. What do they exactly dislike about that game=???
Don't look at me, I stole the idea from Toise.
Toise always was interested in slightly oddball subjects/theories. Not that there is anything wrong with that... :glare: :reverse: :awesome: :cool: :smirk: :grin: ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom