• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm just saying it -- you never know, we could get a Bad Box Art MegaMan Scandal all over again. >_>
The only thing bad about the Bad Box Art Mega Man was it was a bad drawing. Mega Man 1 was a hit, he was gonna appear in the canceled MM Universe (which the game didn't look bad) and SFxT won't be ruined just because he's a playable character.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, regular/classic Mega Man is probably going to be playable in Street Fighter X Tekken anyways. :smirk:

Bad Box Art Mega Man (from any of the bad Mega Man box arts) would be an awesome alternate outfit for smash, along with Mega Man X. Maybe Zero too. :cool:

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
The only thing bad about the Bad Box Art Mega Man was it was a bad drawing. Mega Man 1 was a hit, he was gonna appear in the canceled MM Universe (which the game didn't look bad) and SFxT won't be ruined just because he's a playable character.
Yeah, but when people say "MegaMan" do you think of BBA MegaMan? No, yet we got that damn abomination in SFxT.

LC-DDM

Smash Journeyman
Like I could give twenty different types of (WHAT IS LOVE)s. >_> It's an insult and Inafune is trolling every damn Megafan that has use of his brain to breathe.

I mean, ****, it won't ruin SFxT for me, but that's just spitting on a fanbase, for (GENTLY CARESS)'s sake.

D

Deleted member

Wow. Geez dude, calm down. You're acting like BBAMM killed your mother or something.

All it is is a poorly timed joke.
It was planned prior to MML3's and Universe's cancellations, and had they not been canceled, it would've been a lot funnier.

It's not like Inafune or Capcom is "out to get" Mega Man fans.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Actually Inafune suggested that before Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe got cancelled. Even after Inafune left Capcom, "Box Art Mega Man" could still have been changed to the good old classic Mega Man, lol! :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Actually Inafune suggested that before Mega Man Legends 3 and Mega Man Universe got cancelled. Even after Inafune left Capcom, "Box Art Mega Man" could still have been changed to the good old classic Mega Man, lol! :laugh:
Then that would raise flames about him not being in UMvC3.

Mega Man fans are never sated. Even if you throw them a bone.

MvC3: "GAWD! THEY ****ING HATE US! WE GET ZERO AND TRON BUT NO MEGA MAN?! IT'S NOT LIKE WE WERE GOING TO PLAY AS HIM ANYWAY, BUT STILL!"

UMvC3:
1. The leaked characters: "WHAT THE ****!!! MEGA MAN'S NOT HERE EITHER?! OH, SO WE GET A STUPID GARGOYLE AND A ******** RACCOON, AND NOT OUR PRECIOUS BLUE BOMBER?!"
2. The Days of Future Past poster: "*GASP* MEGA MAN'S ON THE POSTER! AND HE HASN'T BEEN SLAIN OR APPREHENDED! HE MUST BE A SECRET CHARACTER!!!"
3. When it was revealed that the poster meant nothing: "WHAT THE **** CAPCOM?!? Y U KEEP TROLLING US?! WE DON'T WANT A MEGA MAN CAMEO OR REFERENCE, WE WANT MEGA MAN HIMSELF!!!"
4. X alt for Zero: "****ING CAPCOM NEVER LISTENS TO US!! NOW THEY TROLL US EVEN MORE! X SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIS OWN CHARACTER, NOT AN ALTERNATE COSTUME FOR GAY ZERO!!!"

And that's just the TIP of the iceberg. :glare:

I fail to see the funny in said "joke". >_>
That's because as I said, it was poorly timed, and butthurt fans took it as a personal attack. By all means, Mega Man shouldn't have been in SFxT in the first place, Bad Box Art or not. It's called Street Fighter X Tekken, not Capcom X Namco Bandai.

D

Deleted member

I think an accurate metaphor for the MegaMan fanbase would be the Titanic. >_>;
Because CLEARLY, the Mega Man fanbase is so great to begin with. :glare:

Sometimes, I find them worse than the Sonic fanbase.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Too bad Ryu would be more boring than Megaman, looks like Capcom's top two kind of aren't my cup of tea.

Ryu would look similar to Mario, I'm sure, and Megaman's moves can be predicted already.

Mega buster, Animal buddy for a jump system, Robot Masters attack, Zero/Roll/Protoman shoutout move. There's your B moves.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Live and Learn, my friend

Or better yet, why don't I let me show you just... WHAT I'M MADE OF

:phone:
I Am All of Me.
Shadow the Hedgehog.
**** yeah.
I thought the Pikachu thing was the news. >_>
Nope. When Pokemon Smash gets up and going (soon) we'll hear HUGE news, so I've heard.

Hey, NOTHING is worse than the Sonic Fanbase and you know that.

sarcasm

Twilight fans.
Bronies.
Beliebers.

What do I win?
You forgot Harry Potter :glare: That ****ing f-base is so god-damn annoying.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I have yet to see it for myself, so I didn't add them.
I was just naming three examples that came at the top of my head.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Mario Party 8.
Shy Guy Perplex Express.
30 turns.
Birdo, Luigi, and I(Boo) have gone Super Saiyan. Dry Bones is left in the dust.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sonic fans can be very annoying, you youngin's just wait until the reveal trailer comes out. See how many Sonic, Tails, knuckles, Shadow, Eggman fans we get.

Disgusting.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Then that would raise flames about him not being in UMvC3.

Mega Man fans are never sated. Even if you throw them a bone.

MvC3: "GAWD! THEY ****ING HATE US! WE GET ZERO AND TRON BUT NO MEGA MAN?! IT'S NOT LIKE WE WERE GOING TO PLAY AS HIM ANYWAY, BUT STILL!"

UMvC3:
1. The leaked characters: "WHAT THE ****!!! MEGA MAN'S NOT HERE EITHER?! OH, SO WE GET A STUPID GARGOYLE AND A ******** RACCOON, AND NOT OUR PRECIOUS BLUE BOMBER?!"
2. The Days of Future Past poster: "*GASP* MEGA MAN'S ON THE POSTER! AND HE HASN'T BEEN SLAIN OR APPREHENDED! HE MUST BE A SECRET CHARACTER!!!"
3. When it was revealed that the poster meant nothing: "WHAT THE **** CAPCOM?!? Y U KEEP TROLLING US?! WE DON'T WANT A MEGA MAN CAMEO OR REFERENCE, WE WANT MEGA MAN HIMSELF!!!"
4. X alt for Zero: "****ING CAPCOM NEVER LISTENS TO US!! NOW THEY TROLL US EVEN MORE! X SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIS OWN CHARACTER, NOT AN ALTERNATE COSTUME FOR GAY ZERO!!!"

And that's just the TIP of the iceberg. :glare:
Imagine if that happened to say... Mario or Link in the next smash bros. That would be the same reaction. Plus fans were mad that not one, but two Mega Man games were cancelled. The entire series has been reduced to God awful spin-offs of the Mega Man Battle Network spin-off's spin-off. It's nuts! Other than that, all we get are new retro Mega Man games (without anything super impressive added) and a bunch of re-released stuff that was already re-released.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think he meant the extremist faction of the bronies though.
I'd rather the worst of a fanbase come from a small part of it. If that's the case, they're about as worrisome as furries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom