• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Fine, we can have Saki. BUT WE DONT NEED A TON OF THESE SMALL FRANCHISE LOSERS. So you pick. Saki, Isaac, or Shulk. No whining. Choose.

Oasis, this is us. You're the brunette. Who are we talking about? WE'LL NEVER TELL~

Oh, GG ftfw.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I've just started playing through Sin and Punishment, and boy is it punishment for your trigger finger. :rolleyes:

Saki is a must for Smash 4 (although we already knew that :p).
ITOTALLYCWUTUDIDTHAR. :awesome: :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Apparently if you LOSE ALL CONTINUES on NORMAL, then it will lower the difficulty against your will.

Now I have to start over again if I want to be a REAL man. A Strong man. u3u
That sucks.

Ironically I just found out about double jumping. That would have made many levels a lot easier.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Fine, we can have Saki. BUT WE DONT NEED A TON OF THESE SMALL FRANCHISE LOSERS. So you pick. Saki, Isaac, or Shulk. No whining. Choose.

Oasis, this is us. You're the brunette. Who are we talking about? WE'LL NEVER TELL~

Oh, GG ftfw.
Get Isaac and saki and drop one of the other small franchises.

You guys are definitely talking about me. Obviously. Y'all welcome for giving y'all something WORTH talking about.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Get Isaac and saki and drop one of the other small franchises.

:phone:
WELL, in my scenario, it's

Little Mac
Miis
Retro (Taka/Mach)
Small Franchise (Saki/Isaac/Shulk)

So I guess we can have Saki and Isaac... I think that's fine... I would prefer Starfy or Tom Nook. So many silly gay boys. I want some ANIMALS.

You guys are definitely talking about me. Obviously. Y'all welcome for giving y'all something WORTH talking about.
"Look at his name! He's a TERRIBLE SPELLER!"
"Ohohohoho~ You're so right Shorts~"

The playstyle of Saki would be extremely interesting
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

He can use his blaster to rushdown or keepaway from the looks of what he does in SP. Rushdown from those running segments where in Saki just runs forward and shoots everyone and keepaway where in Saki goes left or right and keeps shooting

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I still read over the part on Smash's disassembly and reassembly and still think he was looking at fighting games at both the right and wrong way.
Up to this point, no fighting game has sold over 7 million that's not Smash. Tekken has done well, but has been slumping in past years. Smash, on the other hand, keeps growing. With that in mind, I think he was very right. Heck, his success prove it.

Correction: I would like to see mechanics from other fighters, namely the various attack followups and chains because I think it would help the series. It wouldn't change the game at its core.
Sakurai specifically said that combos are what he was trying to avoid and remove. So no chains or followups. So yes, it would hurt Smash at it's core.

I love the Uprising Iwata Ask. Makes arguing with Kuma a breeze.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would hardly call the Golden Sun franchise small, especially compared to Xenoblade Chronicles or Sin and Punishment. The Golden Sun franchise has sold close to 3 million units. In the last decade, Golden Sun has sold more units than the Star Fox, Mother, and F-Zero franchises by a mile. If those aren't considered "minor franchises," then Golden Sun shouldn't be considered a minor franchise either.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yes Golden Sun is small, but so is the Star Fox, F-Zero, MOTHER, Ice Climber, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Wario Ware, Wario Land, Pikmin, and Gyromite franchises.
Your point?

Shorts is small :3

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The point is that why should Golden Sun be compared to Xenoblade Chronicles (which requires a major fan movement to get it released internationally) and Sin and Punishment (which hasn't sold anywhere near a million units)=??? The original Golden Sun game outsold both of those entire franchises COMBINED!

Plus it gets to my next point; why should Star Fox get 4 characters when Golden Sun shouldn't get any=??? Last I checked, Star Fox hasn't been critically acclaimed for about 15 years, whereas Golden Sun has had two highly acclaimed games in the last decade that both sold moderately well. :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I predicted Shortie's Short Stature.
Seriously? Oasis_ Spredicted Short's Short tSature? Shorts Slips on Small Short Shorts on Simming his Slender Shins Slightly.

Chronobound Severely Severs Short's Supple nerveS.

I never read most of what you right John, but you said StarFox, and all I have to say is, I don't give two ****s about Golden Sun, Krystal wins. Game over.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Personally I'm just surprised that Olimar got in over Issac in Brawl, as Golden Sun has done much better than Pikmin.

But I guess it's just more proof that sales don't matter.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Seriously? Oasis_ Spredicted Short's Short tSature? Shorts Slips on Small Short Shorts on lSimming his Slender Shins Slightly.

Chronobound Severely Severs Short's Supple nerveS.
The funniest part is... I predicted a Swarm of S words. :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You guys enough Swearing with the S-word... :awesome:

@ ---
I think that is because Olimar is a much more "eye popping" choice, and Shigeru Miyamoto made him. Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Masahiro Sakurai, and Game Freak made like 95% of the smash bros roster alone. Don't forget that Miyamoto is also Sakurai's (former=???) mentor, and that Miyamoto basically states he can "add anyone he wants" to smash (because he has a huge influence on Sakurai).

Plus Olimar is 1st party, whereas Issac is 2nd party, and Olimar was (when Brawl was in development) had a more recent game, and had a sequel in the works.
I never read most of what you right John, but you said StarFox, and all I have to say is, I don't give two ****s about Golden Sun, Krystal wins. Game over.
You need to be in a good game to be in smash, which therefore disqualifies Krystal. :awesome: :cool: :troll: Issac, on the other hand, was in 2 games that defined the GB Advance! :) :grin: :smirk:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Personally I'm just surprised that Olimar got in over Issac in Brawl, as Golden Sun has done much better than Pikmin.

But I guess it's just more proof that sales don't matter.
Well, sword users are less unique than Pikmin, and isn't Pikmin first party anyway? Not sure.

I think with more time, besides the Forbidden 7, Isaac would've gotten in anyway. He was among the thought-of characters, which I still am surprised Waluigi got at far as he did.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Imma go back to my meditation. Which right now means sleep. :awesome:

I'll leave you all with this: PAPER MARIO FOREVER!

DISCUSS. :troll: :awesome: :laugh:
Just kidding of course about discussing. I still want PM and nothing will EVER change that!

D

Deleted member

Well, sword users are less unique than Pikmin, and isn't Pikmin first party anyway? Not sure.

I think with more time, besides the Forbidden 7, Isaac would've gotten in anyway. He was among the thought-of characters, which I still am surprised Waluigi got at far as he did.
>Says Isaac was a thought-of character.
>Isaac was an unlockable AT that stood around. (In the "Attacker" category, not "Fighter" category.)

*snickers*

EDIT: I've made 3 categories for AT's. Inconviences: Assists that don't attack, but they still do something to interrupt the flow of battle. (I.e. Resetti, Devil, Nintendog, Herilin, etc.) Attackers: Those who attack, but don't move around and target the opponent as if they were like playable characters. (I.e. Isaac, Jill, Ray MK III, Excitebikers, etc.) Fighters: Those who move around and target the opponent as if they were like playable characters. (I.e. Samurai Goroh, Starfy, Waluigi, Little Mac, etc.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
>Says Isaac was a thought-of character.
>Isaac was an unlockable AT that stood around. (In the "Attacker" category, not "Fighter" category.)

*snickers*

EDIT: I've made 3 categories for AT's. Inconviences: Assists that don't attack, but they still do something to interrupt the flow of battle. (I.e. Resetti, Devil, Nintendog, Herilin, etc.) Attackers: Those who attack, but don't move around and target the opponent as if they were like playable characters. (I.e. Isaac, Jill, Ray MK III, Excitebikers, etc.) Fighters: Those who move around and target the opponent as if they were like playable characters. (I.e. Samurai Goroh, Starfy, Waluigi, Little Mac, etc.)
Question is, was he actually in the literal Fighter category in Brawl?

And still, I wouldn't be surprised if he thought about him anyway.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Issac could easily be a playable character. Just look at him. He has a sword, and can use ground/Earth attacks. Tell me, who in the world would not want him in smash bros=???

Seriously, go play the first two Golden Sun games. If you don't see a potentially mind-blowing moveset with Issac, you are clearly blind.

D

Deleted member

Or maybe I just don't give a **** about a character I don't give a **** about.
Especially since I never said he couldn't work.
EDIT: If he's in he's in, if he's not in, he's not in. Makes no difference to me.

Question is, was he actually in the literal Fighter category in Brawl?
Uh, no. The literal Figher category was for the playable characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I heard about some various Assist Trophy categories. Never mind, then.

And he was under the Offensive type, I believe, so... But eh.

I think he'd be great, but I just go under the theory that Pikmin was more unique than Isaac at the time. But eh, who knows? :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You need to be in a good game to be in smash, which therefore disqualifies Krystal. :awesome: :cool: :troll: Issac, on the other hand, was in 2 games that defined the GB Advance! :) :grin: :smirk:
Hargle Bargle I'm John I dislike a character so I bull**** what I can to dismiss it.

Hargle Bargle subjective nonsense here, unimportant reasoning here.

Krystal is now, and was very popular during Brawl, which was when Sakurai's questionaire was submitted. Something she is undoubtably mentioned on at various points. Her trophy, something Sakurai HIMSELF wrote individually back in Melee, acknowledges her as a fighter, as does her Codec.

Popular character, who is asked for now, and on the old questionaire which Sakurai is surely referencing back to for SSB4 ideas, and also has been recognized in Brawl itself as a fighter. I don't know what about her sounds completely unlikely. As far as I'm concerned she's one of the top candidates.

And if Sakurai does pass up on the Palutena/Medusa train, which is most definitely a possibility, she is pretty much THE female choice. I think on my poll the next most popular choice is like, Ashley of WW, coming in at 20th. Even if he DOES choose to add one of the goddesses, their inclusion has nothing to do with Krystal's chances, despite what many would like to say. With them, she is just a good candidate in general, without them she is the token female. Similar to ZSS.

I would also like to say that on my polls, she's been in the top ten pretty much since 2010. So, saying she isn't popular among the Smash community is kind of ******** to even bring up. But you can go ahead and say Japan hates her, or say her games sucked, but, it doesn't mean **** when she's already been in Smash.

. . . and I've used up my Krystal tokens for the week. Night *****s.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Krystal tokens?

Hmm. I guess Impa tokens don't get expended.
YEAAHHH, it's a way I keep myself from becoming TOO annoying with my rants. Something a lot of people should look into.

Weirdly enough, last time I posted something like this, I think you were one of the few people around.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah ssb4 speculation is a crazy ordeal :p

I've been repulsed by some of the things that are said and re-said in this thread so I haven't really been around. Kind of missed the place.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh, I forgot about Dixie Kong. She's a female character as well, strong choice. Anyways, here's the latest results, with females highlighted for them vagina lovers. Like me <3

A Tier
1. King K. Rool (265)
2. Ridley (260)

B Tier
3. Mewtwo (248)
4. Isaac (232)
5. Little Mac (224)
6. Toad (217)
7. Krystal (206)
8. Megaman (201)

C Tier
9. Medusa (172)
10. Dixie Kong (166)
11. Samurai Goroh (150)
12. Palutena (146)
13. Bandana Dee (145)
14. Roy (142)

D Tier
15. Saki (135)
16. Bowser Junior (134)
17. Ghirahim (134)
18. Zoroark (134)
19. Shulk (122)
20. Takamaru (120)
21. Victini (119)
22. Black Shadow (119)
23. Ashley (113)
24. Super Mari RPG (110)
25. Pichu / Bros (109)
26. Paper Mario (108)
27. Starfy (108)

Krystal, Medusa, Dixie, Palutena, WW lady, definitely the top female candidates, and I could see even as many as three or four of them getting in.

Kantrip

Kantplay
K. Rool dethroning Ridley?

That's surprising. I'm touched.

Dixie, Krystal, and ONE goddess is what I'd say for females.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
K. Rool dethroning Ridley?

That's surprising. I'm touched.

Dixie, Krystal, and ONE goddess is what I'd say for females.
OH YES! haha he has been! For most of 2012 actually! It's pretty insane, considering 2011, and 2010 Ridley was BIG BOY on the block.

And yeah, completely agree. Dixie, Krystal, PalMed. Or if Sakurai passed on Palmed, Mona/Syrup.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Or maybe I just don't give a **** about a character I don't give a **** about.
Especially since I never said he couldn't work.
EDIT: If he's in he's in, if he's not in, he's not in. Makes no difference to me.
Oh no, I wasn't referring to you or even Shortie, just some of the silly comments I see on GameFAQs and Nsider in general. I was reading some stuff about how Issac would have to be a Marth clone on GameFAQs yesterday. :facepalm:
Hargle Bargle I'm John I dislike a character so I bull**** what I can to dismiss it.

Hargle Bargle subjective nonsense here, unimportant reasoning here.
You do realize all of this is based on opinion and perspective right=???
Krystal is now, and was very popular during Brawl, which was when Sakurai's questionaire was submitted.
Let me hold your phone there. Krystal was popular, but not very popular. She was far away from the level of Wario, Pit, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Ike, and of course, Sonic. She got mentioned 3 times by Sakurai, but again, so did Geno. And like Geno, Krystal's popular seemed larger than it was. The Geno thread on Smash Boards was top ten in posts, but most of it were people like myself, Omega, Psycho, Legolastorm, and others. The same went with Krystal. Her supporters would not shut up about her. That's fine in their thread, but they'd try to bring it into other character's thread. I remember when I ran the Toon Link thread about a dozen Krystal fans went off about how "Toon Link shouldn't be in, Krystal should be in."

From what information I gathered during the pre-Brawl times (which I was there for dating back to the announcement a 3rd smash bros game would be made), more people were opposed to Krystal (in the West) than were for her. Again, the outspoken members seem to exaggerate her popularity (just like what happened to Geno). Don't forget that Japanese gamers and smash bros players are totally indifferent to Krystal and Star Fox post-Star Fox 64 in general.

So in other words, Krystal's "Hatebase," while a lot quieter, was strong on some sites, especially Smash Boards. I remember a couple of instances where various members went off on that thread because they were annoying everywhere. Many of us (especially on Smash Boards) wanted to ignore the subject because of her fans after years of it. Imagine having a dozen people post on here about Impa that were more annoying than Diddy Kong for years. And not just here, but in unrelated forums (like stage threads). That should paint a accurate picture. Granted, most of the fanbase wasn't this annoying, but it only takes a few to make everything dreadful.

The Wolf fanbase meanwhile had similar supporter numbers (albeit much quieter), but very little opposition. Nearly all of Wolf's opposition was due to a fear he would be a clone, with the rest being Krystal fans hating on anyone who could "take her spot." A similar-sized, but quite smaller group of people thought he could make a great "late add on" character (myself included), like many of the clone characters in Melee.

What interested me about Wolf and Krystal is that I want to say about 2/5ths of the online Wolf fanbase thought he had little to no shot, and 2/5ths thought his only shot was as a clone or semi-clone. Krystal fans, on the other hand, thought mostly there was a 50/50 chance for Krystal until like the last month. And in the last month (before the leaked roster was confirmed true), I wanna say 75% of them waived the white flag on Krystal.
Something she is undoubtably mentioned on at various points. Her trophy, something Sakurai HIMSELF wrote individually back in Melee, acknowledges her as a fighter, as does her Codec.
Umm... Star Fox Adventures didn't come out until about 10 months after Melee. Krystal also didn't have a trophy in Melee (in Brawl she did). True facts.
Popular character, who is asked for now, and on the old questionaire which Sakurai is surely referencing back to for SSB4 ideas, and also has been recognized in Brawl itself as a fighter. I don't know what about her sounds completely unlikely. As far as I'm concerned she's one of the top candidates.
That's fair to say. However, don't discount the fairly large opponents of all things post-Star Fox 64. Just look at the Star Fox stage we got. It isn't from any of the latter games. Lylat Cruise is a generic stage from no particular game.

Metroid Prime got a stage, and Japanese gamers don't like Prime. Heck, Jungle Beat got a stage, and most of us old Donkey Kong Country fans dislike most of the post-Rare Donkey Kong titles.
And if Sakurai does pass up on the Palutena/Medusa train, which is most definitely a possibility, she is pretty much THE female choice. I think on my poll the next most popular choice is like, Ashley of WW, coming in at 20th. Even if he DOES choose to add one of the goddesses, their inclusion has nothing to do with Krystal's chances, despite what many would like to say. With them, she is just a good candidate in general, without them she is the token female. Similar to ZSS.
Sakurai isn't going to choose the best representative for a specific series, race, gender, ethnicity or whatever. He is going to choose the best and most interesting characters.
I would also like to say that on my polls, she's been in the top ten pretty much since 2010. So, saying she isn't popular among the Smash community is kind of ******** to even bring up. But you can go ahead and say Japan hates her, or say her games sucked, but, it doesn't mean **** when she's already been in Smash.
Most people who play smash probably don't know much about Krystal. Not many people have played the recent Star Fox games. On the internet Geno may seem to be a character everyone knows and love, but out in the real world most smashers don't know who the eff he is. That's why I was one of the few people back in the Geno movement who felt he was more unlikely than he was likely towards the end of it (once I looked back without the hype influencing my thinking).

All your polls will tell me is that people would like to play as Krystal, amongst other characters. Most of them are probably the disillusioned folks at GameFAQs, IGN, Nsider, etc who think we could get a 80 character roster. Sure, they explain their demographic, but they're just a few of the pieces of the smash bros demographic jigsaw puzzle.

If you want a more accurate poll on Krystal, you would ask people if they like, don't like, or are neutral to the idea of Krystal (or her being playable in smash). The same goes with every character. Back when I wasn't all that into character prediction, whenever I read a poll I would check every character on such polls unless I hated them. Heck, I did that (to an extent) with your poll!!! :laugh: I think I selected something like 60 characters! :smirk:

Edit: I think there are many reasons why K. Rool is getting more support than Ridley:
1. DKC Returns has brought DKC back, and it is again seen as "relevant" without being completely retro. So, it is old and new, thus appeal to "old" and "new" Nintendo fans.
2. Some people are upset that K. Rool was completely absent from DKC Returns, which is making them furiously support K. Rool.
3. The Donkey Kong franchise is much more popular than Metroid. DKC Returns sold over 5 million units, whereas Prime 1-3 and Other M sold about a million each.
4. K. Rool/Dixie Kong are simply the most well-known Nintendo characters not in smash.Ridley is popular with Metroid fans and devoted smash fans, but is still fairly unknown.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What about that idea of mine where Smash 3DS is basically every game series like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Pokémon remade in a Smash favor with RPG like SSE-inspired elements as leveling up, and powering up your B moves?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What about that idea of mine where Smash 3DS is basically every game series like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Pokémon remade in a Smash favor with RPG like SSE-inspired elements as leveling up, and powering up your B moves?
It sounds nice, but something tells me it'll gimp multiplayer as the moves aren't as strong as they should be in most cases. Then there's the fact that you'll likely have to grind. I'd be ok with the stickers (or whatever they use) as something like the Gem System. I get the feeling the customization won't be as big as some of us think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom