• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Old Man has more appearances in Zelda games, though. He taught Link how to heal, use magic to take half damage, gave him his wooden sword, metal sword, and Magical Sword, taught him how to get through various areas and dungeons, sold him crap, taught him the swordplant, taught him his upsword thing (Link's up air in smash), taught Link how to turn into a fairy, jump higher with magic, etc.

Also, that Nintendo Network thing is already like 4 or 5 days old news. So, it isn't new news... just news. :bee:

Edit: Hoots, your post on that squid thing from Mario was SPOT ON HUMOR! :laugh:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Old Man has more appearances in Zelda games, though. He taught Link how to heal, use magic to take half damage, gave him his wooden sword, metal sword, and Magical Sword, taught him how to get through various areas and dungeons, sold him crap, taught him the swordplant, taught him his upsword thing (Link's up air in smash), taught Link how to turn into a fairy, jump higher with magic, etc.

Also, that Nintendo Network thing is already like 4 or 5 days old news. So, it isn't new news... just news. :bee:
Old Man..? Ok, I need a vacation from this... T_T
Also, News is news within news, because news always has more new news within the news...
...Fail. Anyways, I'm off. G'night. Just wanted to see if anything non-Impa-Limpa was occuring. Cya'll later.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Actually yani, we could. Nintendo owns the rights to the games and the characters from that game... minus Conker and Banjo (plus Kazooie). So don't get all depressed... but don't go expecting it, though.

@ asage
"Old Man" is my solution to battle Diddy Kong's old lady love interest! :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hey man, Old Man is still the gold standard for plot devices in the Zelda franchise. That and Link's Uncle in A Link to the Past... who also, WAS AN OLD MAN!!!

OLD MEN OWN THE ZELDA FRANCHISE!!! OLD MEN RULE!!! (women don exits on internetzs)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Young and Skinny =/= Sexy. I laugh when people say this.

I actually like her fat design much more, and find it sexier. But eh.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@ asage
"Old Man" is my solution to battle Diddy Kong's old lady love interest! :awesome:
I'm done here.
*jumps out window*

No, I want young, skinny, sexy Impa :(

:phone:
King Kong all over again, is it? Except instead of King Kong, its Diddy Kong, and instead of dat b**** from the movie, it's Impa? Bleh, I choose Young Link... Wow, wrong sentence to say that :/

You know what?
Link
Ganondorf
Zelda
Young Link
We're done here. *runs away before the SS theory comes in*

OLD MEN OWN THE ZELDA FRANCHISE!!! OLD MEN RULE!!! (women don exits on internetzs)
LOL So who's Zelda? :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Asage
Zelda is the hoe the Old Man/Men lead Link to. Like I said, Old Man IS the ultimate Zelda franchise plot device! :awesome:
Does anyone else have any comments of what I wrote about Meta Knight back in 2004? I still find it funny that people foresaw him being a broken character well before he was revealed.
Honestly, anyone could have seen Meta Knight being broken and dominant coming. He's fast, he can fly, he has range, and he could have kill moves. I think given that Brawl was slowed down and Meta Knight was given legitimate kill moves for mid-heavyweights, Meta Knight being the top dog BY FAR was definitely a possibility, if not a given.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
He set the events of Donkey Kong Land in motion.
He (and Wrinkly Kong) teach DK how to play in King of Swing and Jungle Climber.
He scattered DK Coins for you to collect in Donkey Kong Country 2.
Runs a shop for DK and Diddy in DKCR, in which he sells Level Keys as one of his items.
You pay him for potions (that he MAKES, by the way) for new abilities in DK64.

Sounds like you didn't do your research. I bet Diddy (the user) could've told you all that and more in a heartbeat.
Random gameplay tidbits is not character plot and story development.
A lot of his appearances are filler...just filler. 0 depth added with him in the game and a lot of his mechanics could either be replaced or removed altogether.
Try again.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Young and Skinny =/= Sexy. I laugh when people say this.

I actually like her fat design much more, and find it sexier. But eh.
Well, not runway model sort of skinny, but skinny can be sexy. But I like women of mostly all sizes, and all colors. Around age 18 to 30 preferably.

Gotta grab em all, Womanmon!!

yani

Smash Lord
Actually yani, we could. Nintendo owns the rights to the games and the characters from that game... minus Conker and Banjo (plus Kazooie). So don't get all depressed... but don't go expecting it, though.
Are you sure? I thought Ninty only owned Diddy & Krunch, and Rare owned everything else :urg:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And Impa be: Damn right, I'm better than yours. I could teach you, but I'll have to charge. :awesome:

Blog is up peeps, y'all happy? Gonna ask for a poll on it to see what's the general opinion about it

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Are you sure? I thought Ninty only owned Diddy & Krunch, and Rare owned everything else :urg:
I am pretty sure that Nintendo owns the rights to all things "Donkey Kong," including Diddy Kong Racing and its' music, the Diddy Kong Racing original characters that aren't Conker or Banjo-Kazooie aside.
Wow, I can't believe it's already 2012, e3 is almost right around the corner, that will be the time to REALLY be active since there is bound to be some good information revealed towards Smash-U and the Wii-U itself, I'm pretty sure we'll also see some spectacular new stuff as well.

So yeah, what's going on yo!!
Don't expect exciting involving Super Smash Bros. Wii U or Super Smash Bros. 3DS from E3 other than a very short trailer, some photos, maybe a few character reveals (no more than 2 newcomers, or more than 12 veterans), or the overall concept of these two Super Smash Bros. games.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Thanks Oasis, Omega and SmashChu.

Crank Kong drinks a potion and he grows young again. A blinding light engulfs Cranky Kong and suddenly a large figure emerges. An 8-bit Donkey Kong appears on the stage and throws barrels to the left and right of him. Running into the monkey causes serious knock back and damage.
Th-That's...amazing. 8D

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@Omega I looked in our Backroom's info thread, and apparently he stated in the Melee Dojo that he didn't see how he would fight. To be fair, that was years ago, may have been mistranslated, and since then Toad has been in the Spotlight a bit more.

Also, Omega, Oasis made a really cool roster maker the other day. You should try it out. It is actually pretty user-friendly, just a bit time-consuming, but not too bad.
Well, thanks for the useful info, well, that's outdated since Melee, it doesn't mean Sakurai will stay true to his word, besides, opinions change so he probably could consider Toad this time around as opposed to the Melee days.

P.S: Roster Maker eh? Well, thanks but no thanks, I believe I will unveil my own soon enough, I believe it's time I showed you guys how a "real" roster is done, Omega Style. :3

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, thanks for the useful info, well, that's outdated since Melee, it doesn't mean Sakurai will stay true to his word, besides, opinions change so he probably could consider Toad this time around as opposed to the Melee days.

P.S: Roster Maker eh? Well, thanks but no thanks, I believe I will unveil my own soon enough, I believe it's time I showed you guys how a "real" roster is done, Omega Style. :3
I know, I made mine for fun. You might like it.

[COLLAPSE="Roster"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nobody's saying he can't, Omega. But as of right now, we can only go by what he said, respectively. I would actually love to see Toad confirmed, since it's the last of the original Mario characters.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
@Star

That is one great roster you have. Rather realistic choices you have there though are two random boxes needed (though I guess it is for fitting the roster)?

Also wasn't that Toad info never backed up? I remember there being a discussion for it a few months ago, but there was never any proof found indicating Sakurai to ever saying that. Besides like Omega said, Toad has a lot more going for him now. He does not need to rely on SMB2 now like Peach did back in the day.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Any roster without old ladies, a fat ****** who likes to ride balloons, a poser who is confused which is two characters he is copying, or a dorky kid with a thing you open a door with as a weapon who goes out of his way not to land the woman is a good roster! :cool:

It still could use less Ghirahim. He's not that interesting of a character. He has too much similarities to Zant to really interest me much... >.>

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star

That is one great roster you have. Rather realistic choices you have there though are two random boxes needed (though I guess it is for fitting the roster)?
I do not know about realistic, I doubt that. It was more of a pet project than a prediction.

It still could use less Ghirahim. He's not that interesting of a character. He has too much similarities to Zant to really interest me much... >.>
Yeah... Those two have very little in common. Their characters are very different.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well it's not that Ghirahim is personality very like Zant; he isn't for the most part.

However, just compare Zant and Ghirahim based on this: their role, what they do, how they do it, and why they do it is very similar to each other.

Just look at their roles, and compare. Heck, their roles, appearances, and how often they appear are almost the exact same as one another.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Here you go you Star lovers.

[COLLAPSE="Guess who?"]
[/IMG][/COLLAPSE]

And Star, it's a very pleasing roster, to say the least. I have Krystal, which is good. Still, I would prefer to change out Junior or Toad for Mona o Syrup. :x

wildvine47

Smash Ace

[COLLAPSE="Roster"]
[/COLLAPSE]
I'd personally replace Victini with Zoroark, and Palutena with Medusa, but aside from that, I'd be happy with this roster.

I still honestly fail to see how Victini continually gets brought up as a rep. It just makes zero sense to me as to why people think Nintendo would choose him over Zoroark.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Fun story, I actually bought the e-reader (a peripheral console for the Game Boy Advance) back in late 2002 due to hearing that Ice Climber was going to be a game for it. Most of that consoles library ended up being ports of early NES games (with the only original stuff being made for it being Mario Party-e , Air Hockey, Kirby Slide, and Pokemon Minigames).

Well anyway, when Ice Climber is finally released for it, I get it and play it anxiously. Ten minutes later I am scratching my head as to why Sakurai included characters from such a crappy game.
Well, the reasons Sakurai added the Ice Climbers are:

1. He wanted someone to represent the NES era... or more specifically, the period of time before Super Mario Bros. popularized the NES.

2. According to him, the Ice Climbers had "interesting" moveset potential compared to Balloon Fighter, Bubbles (Clu Clu Land), Excitebiker, and Urban Champion.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I still honestly fail to see how Victini continually gets brought up as a rep. It just makes zero sense to me as to why people think Nintendo would choose him over Zoroark.
In my opinion, I think it is because some people feel threatened by the possibility of Zoroark replacing Lucario because they are both bipedal Poke-furries... so they would rather have Victini instead because it's different. Kinda like with Mewtwo and Lucario in Brawl... probably why Sakurai ultimately cut Mewtwo and re-added Jigglypuff in the last minute. :awesome:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just had nostalgic tears.

I found the original article of which I first heard about Super Smash Bros.:
http://ign64.ign.com/articles/065/065716p1.html

I learned of Smash Bros. because I was a Metroid fan that really wanted to see Samus debut on the Nintendo 64. Needless to say, this announcement made my heart skip a beat not only about Samus making her first 3D debut, but also the game having all of my other favorite Nintendo characters.

On a side note, LOL at the incorrect information in that article (Peach and Wario). Heck, there were screenshots of the game on at that time and those characters were not in.

To Arcadenik: I have known for years about why the Ice Climbers were included. However, back in 2002 I was certainly scratching my head.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow, Captain Falcon has come a long way. They couldn't even get his name right back then.
Probably because Captain Falcon never stepped outside the Blue Falcon before Smash 64. Can't really fault them for that. ;)

OmegaXXII

[COLLAPSE="Roster"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Whoa man, that is tight, how did you do that? If I knew how to make a roster like that along with the one I got in store then I'd say I would most likely have the ultimate looking roster. :3

u
Don't expect exciting involving Super Smash Bros. Wii U or Super Smash Bros. 3DS from E3 other than a very short trailer, some photos, maybe a few character reveals (no more than 2 newcomers, or more than 12 veterans), or the overall concept of these two Super Smash Bros. games.
Well, no matter how small the preview for Smash Wii-U may be, at least we'll get to see any new possible stages via the trailer scenery, besides if any newcomers are shown at least we can consider them as CONFIRMED! which should ease us a bit, anyway, I'm actually looking forward to any Smash news since we have yet to get anything out from Sakurai other than sone delayed Kid Icarus Uprising which is sad since it should have been out by now, but then again, it's Sakurai we are talking about, I'm guessing he has a habit of NOW delaying every game, possibly Smash Wii-U as well.

I hope it will get released before Winter 2014, summer would be better though, but then again; he shouldn't rush it so I guess the more time the development team takes, the better, more more stabalized the game might turn out to be.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Tingle is very replaceable in The Legend of Zelda series whereas Impa has many serious connections to the main characters that push the story forward.

Tingle having his own game doesn't mean anything. It's like saying Bubsy should be playable because he's had his own games.
Not the same thing.... Bubsy is an obscure third party character who has little to no chance... at least Tingle is owned by Nintendo and they actually bothered to make at least 4 games about him, including one where he gets all the girls. They can't resist the Tingle! :awesome: Tingle has a decent chance of getting in... not saying he's a shoe in but he's at least a well-known character in Nintendo's history.

OmegaXXII

Nobody's saying he can't, Omega. But as of right now, we can only go by what he said, respectively. I would actually love to see Toad confirmed, since it's the last of the original Mario characters.
Yes, but you have to realize that Sakurai said that ages ago, I understand that you are going by what he last said about a said character, in this case Toad, but you never know what Sakurai might surprise us with, to be frank, I never thought Charizard would ever be playable, especially during Brawl's hype, at least not after seeing him as part of an item, and I betcha Sakurai didn't plan on Charizard being playable since fhe Melee days, and then he got a wacky idea with Pokemon Trainer and now he's playable.

OmegaXXII

I bet you can't reach the level of Ascended Super Omega
I can't huh? Just watch me......

...with time of course. :)

I got inspired because of Trunks and Vegeta coming out of the Time Chamber lol.., just got through watching it.

Anyway, Who here wants anything or things something from Mario Kart 7 should appear from Smash-U?

I certaintly hope a stage from the SNES days gets in there, I.E like Rainbow Road or Ghost Valley, modified to be a stage of course.

Also, I haven't been following Fire Emblem but I sure have been following Phoenix Wright, looks like AA5 is coming out after all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom