• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Cranky Kong doesn't move the plot along nor does he assist in developing the main characters of the game. He just has a past of fighting Mario/Jumpman along with random cameos thrown in throughout the DK series. By this logic, let's throw in Jumpman and Pauline too.
He set the events of Donkey Kong Land in motion.
He (and Wrinkly Kong) teach DK how to play in King of Swing and Jungle Climber.
He scattered DK Coins for you to collect in Donkey Kong Country 2.
Runs a shop for DK and Diddy in DKCR, in which he sells Level Keys as one of his items.
You pay him for potions (that he MAKES, by the way) for new abilities in DK64.

Sounds like you didn't do your research. I bet Diddy (the user) could've told you all that and more in a heartbeat.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not going to defend Waluigi, but he'll probably won't end up completely Sakurai'd if he were to be playable.
Of course, I'm on the same stand as you on the subject.
The factors only point towards Waluigi over Toad. I don't believe either stand a ghost of a chance, and honestly, I think Toad would get in first. I'd prefer Waluigi, but realistically, unless they want to rep the spin-offs, he has no chance.

To clarify: Sakurai has said he can't see Toad fighting. Sakurai has said the fighter-esque Assist Trophies are ones that could fight, but just weren't considered fully. Isaac, for example, was probably looked at, but there wasn't enough time to implement him, and Dark Dawn wasn't even near release, so half-assing him would make no sense either. There's nothing business-wise to do it. And considering how Dark Dawn turned out, I'm glad he didn't get in to advertise.

Simply put, any AT that could most likely fight could get into SSB4. I only think Goroh, Saki, Isaac, and Shadow have a fair chance, though. There's probably a few others.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
To me, I think if Waluigi were more of a Wario character, then he would have more of a chance to make it in than he does now

IMO, his competition is too big on the Mario side for him to make it in as a Mario rep

D

Deleted member

Unless there's a Wario Land 6 that features Waluigi, a "Super Wario Bros.", or a WarioWare where Waluigi moves into Diamond City, he isn't a Wario character...

Pity. Wario could use his lanky sidekick for at least his adventuring days.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
He set the events of Donkey Kong Land in motion.
He (and Wrinkly Kong) teach DK how to play in King of Swing and Jungle Climber.
He scattered DK Coins for you to collect in Donkey Kong Country 2.
Runs a shop for DK and Diddy in DKCR, in which he sells Level Keys as one of his items.
You pay him for potions (that he MAKES, by the way) for new abilities in DK64.

Sounds like you didn't do your research. I bet Diddy (the user) could've told you all that and more in a heartbeat.
He also sold a potion that he presumably made in DKCR. I'm not focusing on likelihood, and if Cranky was playable they'd most likely invent a moveset that involves his cane and potions.

D

Deleted member

I was more focusing on the things that Cranky did to help the plot, but yes, he made the Banana Juice as well.
Cranky would make a very good potions fighter. Might as well call him Yzma Kong. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Or Expresso II, his pet ostritch in DKC2, I believe?
EDIT: I know, right? Cranky could TOTALLY be that one troll character no one expected.
And unlike other trolls, he's actually LIKED and is important to Nintendo's history.
I should make a moveset for him. XD

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Omega you read my personally for you written (totally not meant to make you feel like an *** for not reading it) Impa description yet?

Not before I get an opinion out of Omega yet. Besides, it was Not Talking About Impa Day yesterday.

:phone:
Okay diddy, I've read what you had to say about this whole Impa business...

I'll comment on it later, possibly tomorrow as I need to get some facts straight before gathering my thoughts together.

@shortie: Meh, well, as much I hated the idea, it seems there playstyle, (at least for me) would be as boring or simplistic as the Ice Climbers, do t get me wrong though, I like the Ice Climbers, but there moves could use some sprucing IMO.

Also, where all the love for Duck Hunt Dog gone to? Arcadenik??! D:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To me, I think if Waluigi were more of a Wario character, then he would have more of a chance to make it in than he does now

IMO, his competition is too big on the Mario side for him to make it in as a Mario rep
As mentioned on a way old Nintendo Power issue, Waluigi was implied to have his personal game as mentioned by Nintendo. It was rejected because they though he was “too creepy” to star in his own game, which is why he's the spin-off character he is now. This was around the time Mario Tennis (N64) was released. You'll have to look it up for now.

OmegaXXII

Never anything good in this thread. Although Shotie's Kirby hat was cool.
Hehe, it seems you haven't changed much as well, well...I can see why Starphoenix would be in a"madness" state.

@BirthNote: Wow, Nice Rayman sketch, I'm a big fanatic of his games, especially the original and his most recent one, Origins.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

A - Swats hand
AA - Bats cane forward
AAA - Starts slowly waving cane up and down while moaning in a cranky tone

run attack - Throws a hip out and stumbles forward

forward tilt - Poke cane forward in a billiard type motion
down tilt - Kicks shriveled leg forward
up tilt - Swats around in the air as if he was trying to down a fly

forward smash - Throws cane forward like a javelin
down smash - Gives a strong kick forward with leg
up smash - Uses bald head to swing and hit opponent

Special: Potion - Throws a potion bottle forward. Different effects result upon color of bottle.
Side Special: Rambi - Hops atop Rambi, holding down B will charge Rambi until released. The longer held the faster Rambi will charge.
Up Special: Squawks - Cranky holds onto Squawks, pressing B will allow him to lob a nut forward. Using that attack cuts recovery time, putting Cranky in danger.
Down Special: Scold - Cranky Kong starts rambling and yelling at character. If in close proximity a character will freeze.

aerial - Looks down and freaks out mid air. Flailing out
forward aerial - Swings cane forward in a downward arc. Meteor smash.
back aerial - Falls backwards midair
down aerial - Kicks feet below him
up aerial - Prods into the air with his cane

Hehe, it seems you haven't changed much as well, well...I can see why Starphoenix would be in a"madness" state.
Ask around, it will not be to difficult to find out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Trust me, he's even low my list too. But I like to put in better actual choices.

I doubt he'll ever become a Wario character anyway. While it would be nice(or have him have a cameo in one of the regular Mario games, and not a spin-off, or hell, an appearance in the next Paper Mario outside of a reference like in The Thousand Year Door), I'm fine with where he is in the first place.

That, and let's also remember that there is no stated Mario canon. The only games I would say are non-canon are strictly fan-games and Hotel Mario. As for the Zelda series, the CD-i games, and IMO, Link's Crossbow Training.(last one is quite debatable) Tetra's Trackers never got released, but I think it would non-canon as well.

OmegaXXII

To clarify: Sakurai has said he can't see Toad fighting. Sakurai has said the fighter-esque Assist Trophies are ones that could fight, but just weren't considered fully. Isaac, for example, was probably looked at, but there wasn't enough time to implement him, and Dark Dawn wasn't even near release, so half-assing him would make no sense either. There's nothing business-wise to do it. And considering how Dark Dawn turned out, I'm glad he didn't get in to advertise.
Well, mind telling me where you read where Sakurai stated this? I am interested because Toad indeed is iconic and I can't imagine Toad not being considered whatsoever unless Sakurai himself stated it.

yani

Smash Lord
Unless there's a Wario Land 6 that features Waluigi, a "Super Wario Bros.", or a WarioWare where Waluigi moves into Diamond City, he isn't a Wario character...

Pity. Wario could use his lanky sidekick for at least his adventuring days.
My thoughts exactly. If Waluigi were to appear in a WarioWare/Land game, I'd definitely be a big supporter of him. Maybe even give him a spot in my sig :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Omega I looked in our Backroom's info thread, and apparently he stated in the Melee Dojo that he didn't see how he would fight. To be fair, that was years ago, may have been mistranslated, and since then Toad has been in the Spotlight a bit more.

Also, Omega, Oasis made a really cool roster maker the other day. You should try it out. It is actually pretty user-friendly, just a bit time-consuming, but not too bad.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
And BirthNote's Rayman moveset drawings.
Oh yeah, those were cool too. I'm for anyone who wants to do silly drawings and what not. Of course, that means I support your "silly things I do in paint" Oasis.

Yeah. I'm about the same. Nothing ever changes. And yes, thread has been going crazy on us. More so than usual.

BTW, where did you go?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@Starphoenix: Nice Cranky moveset. Although I'm curious...what's the Final Smash?

Cranky: But back in my day, sonny, we didn't have those fancy Smash Ball doohickeys. We had to fight other Nintendo characters on our own! Not with the help of an ultra powerful move. Kids these days, always taking the easy way out. We actually had to use some elbow grease, and by gum, boy, we LIKED it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, mind telling me where you read where Sakurai stated this? I am interested because Toad indeed is iconic and I can't imagine Toad not being considered whatsoever unless Sakurai himself stated it.
I now it was clearly already answered. But as of what we know, Waluigi has officially a more likely chance as playable over Toad.

I think it's actually bullcrap, to be honest, but it's all we can really say with strictly what Sakurai has given us.

I think he'd make Toad playable first, though. But I can't objectively say that.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: Nice Cranky moveset. Although I'm curious...what's the Final Smash?
Crank Kong drinks a potion and he grows young again. A blinding light engulfs Cranky Kong and suddenly a large figure emerges. An 8-bit Donkey Kong appears on the stage and throws barrels to the left and right of him. Running into the monkey causes serious knock back and damage.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oasis, you should seriously draw the entire thread. We need some humor for those times when people are at their wits' ends.

That being said, great Final Smash idea, Star. It's a nice throwback that shows Cranky's roots.

...I saw that edit Star.

PostmortemMessiah

Smash Cadet
Crank Kong drinks a potion and he grows young again. A blinding light engulfs Cranky Kong and suddenly a large figure emerges. An 8-bit Donkey Kong appears on the stage and throws barrels to the left and right of him. Running into the monkey causes serious knock back and damage.
Brilliance. Not enough people know Cranky is the NES Donkey Kong.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oasis, you should seriously draw the entire thread. We need some humor for those times when people are at their wits' ends.
I should draw a battle between me and SSBF. I would toss a giant moveset POOtential ball at him, and he would form a giant FAN in the shape of the SSB symbol in defense with his psychic Victinihead energy nonsense. **** hitting the fan, y'know? Good joke. Everyone laugh. Curtains.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think Rambi has a more important role than Cranky Kong in all the game's he's in. Rambi 4 smash he totes helpz and stuff guyz

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
...I saw that edit Star.
Hey if everyone can just have a little bit of fun and not take everything so seriously than that is what is important. I just threw some random ideas out there for Cranky Kong.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have made a wishlist of what new faces I'd like to see in 4. I actually have a top 30 list (plus third party character) but I'll just go into detail of my top ten plus 3rd parties. I don't expect all characters to be in but the closer they get to #1 the happier I'll be:

[COLLAPSE="11-30"]30) Smeagle (Pokémon)
29) Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
28) Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
27) Bowser Jr. (Super Mario)
26) Captain Syrup (Wario)
25) Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight)
24) Lip (Panel de Pon)
23) Ashley (Wario)
22) Animal Crosser (Animal Crossing)
21) Urban Champion (Urban Champion)
20) Krysta (Star Fox)
19) Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
18) Starfy (Legendary Starfy)
17) Black Shadow (F-ZERO)
16) Samurai Goroh (F-ZERO)
15) Isaac (Golden Sun)
14) Ghirahim (The Legend of Zelda)
13) Young Cricket (Wario)
12) Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
11) Ray MK III (Custom Robo)[/COLLAPSE]10) Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)- I'll admit I haven't played the game but I loved his assist trophy and his moveset so I thought it will be cool
09) Waluigi (Super Mario)- I love both Wario & Waluigi and was very bummed to find out he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl. Sure, he hasn't been in ANY major game besides Mario spin-offs but I'm still hoping.
08) Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)- We currently don't know much about him but I see him as a total badass.
07) Hammer Bro. (Super Mario)- My most favorite Mario enemy in both character design and how tough an enemy he is. I can see a lot of potential from him (and especially is he borrows moves from Boomerang/Fire/Ice Bros.)
06) Magnus (Kid Icarus)- Don't know much about him but he seems to be badass like Dillon. Plus I'm very sure Sakurai is going to put in something Kid Icarus: Uprising related somewhere in Smash 4 since he worked on that game.
05) King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)- One of the most greatest game villains to me. Plus we NEED more DK reps.
04) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)- I don't want her pairing up with Diddy but I love her character and been wanting her for a while.
03) Mii (Nintendo)- Sakurai has plans for the 3DS Smash to make a character you can upgrade and level up a character. So why not a Mii? They'd make a great custom fighter.
02) Little Mac (Punch-Out!!)- Love the series and he'd be great. Plus his Brawl Assist Trophy does could help him being made.
01) Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)- I absolutely LOVE Balloon Fight to death and I've been wanting him since forever. Plus when I heard that he was planned in Melee made me think there can be some hope for him.

For third party, I almost don't care but, to go with Sonic and Snake, I'd like Mega Man, Pac-Man, and/or Rayman. Bomberman WAS on my list but seeing what Hudson Soft is going through right now I don't see much hope in him.

And for veteran fighters, I'd like as close to all them as possible (I don't like seeing characters go).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Cranky Kong discussion=??? YES!!!

But seriously, that idea is AMAZING! 8-bit Donkey Kong would be an epic transformation!!!
Billy for Smash4 (if you don't get it, read 'Terrible Secret Behind Animal Crossing'.
Best references since I was gone for the last 2 days! :awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Alternate costume IMO

Asante sana squash banana wewe nugu mimi hapana!
That accurately describes the OG FG players on thigns like Ultras, X-Factor, and Pandora (although this one is the tamest off all of them).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yo, I want some love for my Impa blog :( 4445 now. Bah, I like 4s so much. :/

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I wonder what I'd look like in Oasis's eyes? Probably a Poppy Bro that looks like it belongs in Paper Mario, but with a different hat as to distinguish me from others.
WAIT...
OASIS, YOU MUST MAKE THIS AT SOME POINT.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Old Man is definitely under rated though. IT'S A SECRET TO EVERYONE! If it wasn't for Impa being awesome, I'd support him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom