• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Huge, as in 75 characters? Yes, then I'd see Meowth making it.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Uh, that wasn't Shadow Mario. That was Cosmic Mario.

But Meowth is definitely a character I'd love to see. He was the only character planned for SSB64 than didn't end up making it in later, so I feel he deserves it, but with the Pokemon series slots outprioritized by other mons, I can't see him making it in unless SSB4's roster is HUGE.
Oh... Well, see I didn't like those games, anyways >_> Well, damn, Jumpman has more clones than I thought...
Jumpman>Mr.Nintendo>Mario>Paper Mario>Shadow Mario>Cosmic Mario

Did I miss anyone?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
No, I'd shut up if Sheik gets an actual new role in Zelda. Untill then, SS Impa all the way! And if not, the next Impa, or the one next... Who indeed will exist, and not so much for Sheik. If this does happen though, I've pledged to myself I'll main her in every Smash she's in...

Zelda is gonna make huge character development apart from Sheik anyway (and she has, quite recently actually; SS), so her getting better potential moves is surely gonna happen with more appearances in the main games. So basically, I see Sheik getting cut eventually regardless of what happens in Smash 4, or if Impa gets in or not.

So basically, I want her gone now, because its gonna happen anyway.
And: we have a perfect replacement ready.

Hmm..I understand what you are saying, and you may have a point that Sheik hasn't had much spotlight time as she once did during Melee's development, however since it was previously seen that Miyamoto had incorporated sheik in Brawl with a new "Twilight Princess" look, even though Sheik hadn't previously appeared in it, i wouldn't go as far as to say that Sheik will be out of the picture for good, sure this so called Impa may be a replacement or perhaps a new addition, but since Sheik has alrealdy played a prominent role in previous Zelda plus let's not forget, has already been in Smash twice, thereby giving her some significance in the Smash franchise, I wouldn't completely rule her out just yet, and even though Sheik may lack a role or even appearance in Skyward Sword, let's not forget that Miyamoto or whoever may "modify" or adjust" Sheik and Zelda just as they did in Brawl in order to apply Sheik to Zelda's new design from Skyward Sword.

Get prepped, because Diddy has been bringing this up every day, and arguing about every day. He said sometime last year or something that if Impa wasn't in Sm4sh, he'd shut up about it forever. So I'm preparing for that day. :smirk:
Well, i'm prepared to see this through, I would however like to know more of Impa's character before putting in my 2 cents. in all this.

ohmaigawdohmaigawdohmaigawd

Bro, where have you been?

Y U LEAVE ME HERE ALL THIS TIME BY MYSELF
What's up bro?? I see you have a pranked name?? :grin:

I'll be back for 1 month to keep you company, and don't worry Bulma, i'll be here everyday. :cool:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Omega, my Impa explanation is on the last page, last post as well.

SS commercial on tv now btw LOL

Actually, SS styled Sheik cannot work cause of story issues. It really won't happen, especially with Impa around. There also really is no scrapped Sheik design for SS, while for TP there indeed was.

OOT happens long centuries after SS, and TP just one, or two after OOT. It's a little more believable to have TP Sheik therefore than SS Sheik. Which doesn't mather, cause why SHOULDN'T they use Impa instead on a SS styled Zelda? Really, why shouldn't they??

OmegaXXII

Hmm.. okay, i'll look into it right now.

Since when was Meowth ever planned for 64
Well....the reality is he never was, it was only speculated since he was popular at the time when Pokemon was very popular with the Anime first coming out, but....tbh I hope Sakurai's "furry obssesion" does come part into this, I would LOVE to see Meowth for Smash.

Also Mewtwo, as everybody should know, I'm it's BIGGEST supporter!!!!

PS: You guys move too fast, I guess i've lost my touch a bit.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Actually, SS styled Sheik cannot work cause of story issues. It really won't happen, especially with Impa around. There also really is no scrapped Sheik design for SS, while for TP there indeed was.

What does LoZ's story have to do with Smash Bros.? :glare:
Designs also don't matter. Kirby 64 came out AFTER Smash 64, yet Kirby had a 64 design. Ice Climbers, ROB, and G&W never had Wii designs. It doesn't matter. Wario never had a 3D design for Wii. Nor did Meta Knight, Kirby(again), or D3.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It does when each design is basically a whole different version of the character in Zelda

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also Mewtwo, as everybody should know, I'm it's BIGGEST supporter!!!!
Hi. :smirk:

PS: You guys move too fast, I guess i've lost my touch a bit.
!!!

With SmashChu having agreed with Kuma the other day, Impa cancer spreading, and now this. 2012 is looking all too real...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It does when each design is basically a whole different version of the character in Zelda

And yet the current Shelda character works fine. Sakurai put Sheik in. End of story. Sheik wasn't in TP, but he took the initiative to get a Sheik design. SS may not have one, but there's still no gaurantee that they'll even USE those designs. There's still Zelda WiiU to consider here.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Blech. I was going to wait until I made my ROSTER DESIGN, to reveal this idea, but I'm waiting for someone to show up at my house, and I have a good hour to spare. Okay, so this is my more LIBERAL side coming into play when making this roster. First things you should know:

1. This is just for fun. Don't take it as my actual prediction. Also, Universal rosters *****es. It's real, get over it.

2. When making this SSB3DS roster, I made it with the intentions that it's roster, was not restricted to any past CONSOLE rosters, so I can, and did oust several veterans.

3. If the character was going to be in this HANDHELD oriented Smash, they had to have shown up on a Ninty handheld at one point.

4. **** third parties.

5. The roster is 35, or so. Including duos/Trainers/ect.

Okay. THE ROSTER:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi

Wario, Mona

Donkey Kong, Diddy & Dixie Kong, King K. Rool

Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight

Toon Link, Toon Zelda

Pikachu, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer (Char/Meow/Pichu/Deox/Tini/Cario)

Samus, Ridley

Fox, Krystal

Lucas, Isaac, Starfy, Marth, Game & Watch, Fossil Fighter, Mii

How characters play

Having a unique cast was a big goal for me. So, allow me to go through and BRIEFLY describe how each character would work.

Mario, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Fox, Samus (Melee), Pikachu, Kirby, King Dedede, Donkey Kong, Marth, Game & Watch, and Lucas will more or less play how they have in the past games, but everyone else is going to be pretty different.

Luigi: We're cutting away from Mario. All his normal attacks are going to FURTHER push this idea of a cowardly warrior. He's going to be MORE PRISSY. We like Luigi's loser personality. His green firball will be kept, but we're ditching his up B, for the vacuum. Also, we're adding lightning effects to his Smashes. Luigi can use lightning, and hardcore fans will pee themselves over silly litte details like that.

Wario: I want some land crap. bring in his brute strength, and leave the fat at the door. We don't need farting either. I want to see half land, half Wario weirdness being incorperated into his moveset. It's a pretty bland one as is. Time to spice things up.

Mona: Her personas in the Warioware games will combine to be that WTF fighter we all wanted to see in nook. Pizzas, Guitars, and Scooters galore.

Diddy & Dixie: They work like interchangable IC's. In my imgaination, there is no problems with this, so meh. It works. Diddy loses bananas, sorry. Dixie has copter hair, barrel throw, and an extended hair grab. They're both good enough to play seperately, and switching isn't neccisary. They have similar speeds, and weights. With Diddy being slightly heavier, and Dixie being slightly faster. Dixie is all about range. She can keep opponents at a distance with her barrel toss, or keep them in the sweet zone where she can use her extended hair grab OR regular grab to throw the opponent. Ya know, trip them up with your options. Whatever. Moving on.

K. Rool: IUNNO, you know him. He does ****. He'll be slow and fat, but strong. Uses his crown you get the drill.

Meta Knight: He's nerfed, suck it.

Toon Link: He gets a PH/ST make over. So, pick some items from that game to exchange with the ones he has now. Other than that he's how he is in Brawl. Toon Zelda, WITH NO TRANSFORMATIONS. Is going to play similar to regular Zelda, just better. Maybe give her some references to Tetra in her moveset, or something. Whatever. I don't care what you think.

Mewtwo: Buff him up and all that jazz. I want a powerful Mewtwo. Go bonkers with his potential moveset, I really don't care how it ends up. I think light Screen would be cool to implement, but whatever.

Pokemon Trainer: Has costumes of various trainers. So no worries. The switching CAN ONLY happen once you've been killed, or before the match begins. Each button represents a Pokemon, so, when you die, you have a certain amount of time to click a button anc choose the pokemon you want. I thought this idea was cooler than Jiggs and Pt.

Charizard: I want him to be GOOD in air. I want some of his moves, like fire breath to act differently when he is gliding. He needs to be a force to be reckoned with.

Meowth: Think Meowth the Pokeball Pokemon, meets Weavile the Pokeball Pokemon. Hes going to use moves like payday to stun/rack up damage, but have SWIFT attacks like scratch to destroy opponents.

Pichu: Similar to Luigi. Keeping electricity. No hurty himself. Still weaker, and lighter, but not AS WEAK, and has better range than in Melee. Moves like rain dance can be used, and so long as the effect is on the feild, his electric attacks do more damage than usual. moves like discharge, and double team will be in his moveset as well.

Deoxys: it's all about the forms with this cat. Each form gives him different stats. Down B is form change. Each for has it's weaknesses and strengths. (Speed is faster, but weaker, Attack is stronger, but easily KOED, Defense is heavier, but slower, and normal form is a balance) Psycho cut, swift, and Psychic make up his other moves. Get it, Deoxys.

Lucario: Brawl, pretty much.

Victini: We lost Jiggs, I'm very torn up about this, but I couldn't fit her in. I'm very sorry. I love Jigglypuff, and if I ever made a bigger roster SHE WOULD BE IN IT. But Tini is going to be the floaty, spiritual successor. You know his moves, make up your own moveset. Im mad at him right now.

Ridley: Is all about balls. He's got the fire balls, and some BEAST air skills. A nice whippy slicey tail, and an uly face to match. He's scary yo.

Krystal: She has her staff, of course. She be usin' it all unique like, and whe would also incorperate her psychic abilties into her moveset. Suck it Falco, this is my world *****.

Isaac/Starfy: Screw them, you figure it out.

Mii's: They would be like you think they would. You can use your miis on your 3DS, and their attacks reference the games theyve been in. Sports, Resort, rescue Mii, ect.

Fossil Hunter: I want a WTF character, get over it. He would be the spiritual succesor to C. Falcon. His moves would have like, DINO effects. A punch, may have a big T-Rex head chomping. His B-MOVES would use real Dinos though. Watch out. Also, I think he could be totes interesting.

Yeah, I just made a weird roster. Get over it. Haters getting weaker. Build a forttress to keep them haters out, ect.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want Mewtwo to be back to, badly.

And I really don't think there will be a Wii U Sheik actually... Then again, SS Impa can still make it
cause of time traveling and stuff

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In fact, Diddy is faster than Dixie actually. Dixie would likely be slower, lighter, and floatier, but better recovery.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
In fact, Diddy is faster than Dixie actually. Dixie would likely be slower, lighter, and floatier, but better recovery.

I imagine her being stronger, slower and better in the air, like in DKC2. In terms of strength, I see it like this:

Donkey>Dixie (thanks to her hair)>Diddy

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's my world ladies, I do as I please.

Diddy and Dixe, TOGETHER. Spiritual succesor of IC's/Sakurais TRUE VISION. Competitive scene can cry their hearts out. BUT the stragth thing is fine. That can be switched. I dont know much about the two.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

Diddy and Dixe, TOGETHER. Spiritual succesor of IC's/Sakurais TRUE VISION. Competitive scene can cry their hearts out. BUT the stragth thing is fine. That can be switched. I dont know much about the two.
Nah, IDC about the competitive scene right now. I'm just getting hung up on a perception that Dixie's getting the s**t end of the stick.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, I mean hey, Shortie, you got Mewtwo on there so no complaints from me :cool:
I even left him up for interp even though I think a Barrier moveset would be AWESOME.

Nah, IDC about the competitive scene right now. I'm just getting hung up on a perception that Dixie's getting the s**t end of the stick.
Why would you even say that? They're BOTH together. I don't see what you're getting at. She's fine.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Beta_Elements

Uh, did literally NOBODY pay attention to my post earlier about Meowth being planned for SSB64?

He, along with a bunch of others, were planned for it. The only difference is that the others all eventually made it, except for Meowth.

It doesn't increase his chances much, but its still something to think about

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Spiritual succesor of the Ice Climbers is good, with characters better of both alone, who play nothing like the Ice Climbers is suddenly ok now? But a Zelda / Sheik spiritual succesor who aside from tossing away an irrelevant character, but keeps the same playstyle mostly is NOT?

WHAT...

THE...

F*CK!?!?!?!?!?!?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Uh, did literally NOBODY pay attention to my post earlier about Meowth being planned for SSB64?

He, along with a bunch of others, were planned for it. The only difference is that the others all eventually made it, except for Meowth.

Thats a rumor. Probably fake. Only Bowser, DDD, and Mewtwo for sure planned for 64.

Spiritual succesor of the Ice Climbers is good, with characters better of both alone, who play nothing like the Ice Climbers is suddenly ok now? But a Zelda / Sheik spiritual succesor who aside from tossing away an irrelevant character, but keeps the same playstyle mostly is NOT?
Yeah, annoying size. I don't know if you READ WELL, but I said this was both me being creative, and losing ALL ties to past titles. Get with it. Haters getting weak.

This reflects very little of how I feel Smash will actually end up, again, if you read closely you would have KNOWN THAT. Haters, real weak.

D

Deleted member

That wiki is crap. Use this one. http://www.ssbwiki.com/

2nd, if he was, there is no true source about it.
I could literally edit the page to say that Baby Yoshi was planned in Melee as a clone of Yoshi, and it would hold the same level of truthfulness as what is said about Meowth.

The only three to actually have confirmation of being planned for 64 are Bowser, Mewtwo, and Dedede. Anyone else is just speculation without proof or is false.

EDIT: Also interesting is that for the longest time, the list only said Bowser, Mewtwo, Dedede (the real ones), Pit, Peach, and Meowth (unconfirmed). Now they added Wario to that list. I have HEAVY doubts he was planned at all for SSB64.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Why would you even say that? They're BOTH together. I don't see what you're getting at. She's fine.
Meh, I feel that characters who have their own game(s) or are important to a series should also have their own slots. We could just pair Luigi and Mario (cuz they're similar in more ways than one), Donkey and Diddy (the first DKC team), Dixie and Kiddy, etc. :/

OmegaXXII

Hi. :smirk:
!!!

With SmashChu having agreed with Kuma the other day, Impa cancer spreading, and now this. 2012 is looking all too real...
Yes, well, it's not the end of the world yet, so don't go into a madness state like Starphoenix is. :p

What does LoZ's story have to do with Smash Bros.? :glare:
Designs also don't matter. Kirby 64 came out AFTER Smash 64, yet Kirby had a 64 design. Ice Climbers, ROB, and G&W never had Wii designs. It doesn't matter. Wario never had a 3D design for Wii. Nor did Meta Knight, Kirby(again), or D3.
Agreed, well, i must say, almost anybody could be given a new design and can be adjusted depending if its creators and developers are willing to do so, or at least make exceptions for its; fans due to demand or rising popularity I guess.

1 WHOLE MONTH?!?! I thought you were only gonna be here for like today or somethin'!

We got some things to discuss, Trunks my man
Well bro, I'm gonna be on my vacation this upcoming month. :D

I probably will be back for good just before e3 and will stay to speculate, so, let's talk, Sonic, Mewtwo, eh DBZ, whatever broserker bro.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Meh, I feel that characters who have their own game(s) or are important to a series should also have their own slots. We could just pair Luigi and Mario (cuz they're similar in more ways than one), Donkey and Diddy (the first DKC team), Dixie and Kiddy, etc. :/
You're looking at it that way though. I paired them because it could be interesting and better than gameplay. They can be seperate though. I just think they'll be more boring that way. Plus, I want a pair, and I left IC's out, so I thought they would do well. I see what you're saying, but it's really INTENDED to look like they're being made less important than other characters. Infact, they have one less move than the other characters. You just are coming at it from a pessimistic perspective.

Of course, I dont think they will ever be paired IRL.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What about... *dun dun DUUUUUN...* IMPA? :awesome:

^ Ok, apology accepted.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
You're looking at it that way though. I paired them because it could be interesting and better than gameplay. They can be seperate though. I just think they'll be more boring that way. Plus, I want a pair, and I left IC's out, so I thought they would do well. I see what you're saying, but it's really INTENDED to look like they're being made less important than other characters. Infact, they have one less move than the other characters. You just are coming at it from a pessimistic perspective.
Indeed. XD

D

Deleted member

*Returns to see that Diddy Kong is STILL droning on about Impa*

**** it. I'm out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom