• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
have a link to that user blog?

What I mean by "Shafted" (even though I'm way Late on post in this thread) is that I feel like the selection needs more characters (I'd say cap it at somewhere around 65) and varity in selection. from your list, it seems much wasn't added nor much different than whats in brawl
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317568

Here ya go.

Also, how exactly is it not adding much?

+ 2 Mario
+ 2 Pokemon
+ 1 Donkey Kong
+ 1 Metroid
+ 1 Kid Icarus
+ 1 F-Zero
+ 1 Legend of Zelda
+ 1 Retro (Muddy)
+ 4 New Series (Little Mac, Isaac, Starfy, Mii)
+ 1 Third Party (Mega Man)

I think 65 would be too much to ask for...

@Hyper Falcon: Why must you post while I'm posting and cause me to edit D:

Except the actual names only are from the japanese names. It's more likely to be them than the Random Box. Likewise, he clearly cares about the 3rd Gen. 70% of the time was put into the SSE, right? The only Pokemon Boss(and non-playable) was strictly 3rd Gen based. Also, PT's main design is from the 3rd Gen games. He does care about them. As I said, time made it harder to implement them. If he had more roster space, I'm sure the newer characters would go right before the returners. So basically Dixie, Plusle & Minun, Toon Zelda, and Toon Sheik may have been in first. Note how the new characters had more priority over the old ones.
There's still no guarantee that it was Plusle and Minun. Unless there is concrete evidence and not theories, it doesn't hold any ground to me. The trainer's design is likely because Red is the most well-known, and because of the remake, they figured, "Hey, why not use his new design?" Pretty much. It also is quite similar to the Gen I one, albeit more colorful.

We do not need need to keep all the Brawlies, just like keeping all the Melee guys wasn't clearly necessary. I'd like to remind you that Pichu has zero chance of returning. And don't confuse those two points. They are unrelated. I want atleast two new Pokemon, but I would prefer them to be 3rd and 5th gen. That's the order I want.
I know we don't NEED to, but considering Sakurai has said that he likes all of the Brawl characters, we may very well see all of them return, with the exception of possible 3rd Party Licensing issues.

And yes, I misunderstood what you said pertaining to Meowth. My bad. ._.'

Wario and Yoshi, which is a spin-off of the Mario franchise, overall evens it out anyway. So no, you don't need two main-series new reps. One main series, and one of the spin-offs(rpg's) would do a lot more, imo. I'm not against both Toad and Bowser Jr., but I am against the reasoning of "evening out" compared to Pokemon.
However, Sakurai clearly thinks of them as different series, with the music and icons and such. After all, it's his opinion that matters here.

He needs to switch to Shadow Mario to truly separate himself. The only special that Bowser could not do on his own is the last one. There needs to be more emphasis on his differences, and not Bowser-like moves.
If anything, a Shadow Mario transformation would make him more like a clone. A Bowser Clone who transforms into a Mario Clone by Cloning Zelda's shtick.

I know that they CAN be different, but knowing Sakurai, or rather, not knowing, he may do it.

Also, this is semi-unrelated, but does anyone remember if Bowser's fireballs lock on to Mario in any game? I'm just wondering.

It's already over 50. Like I said, 60 is a very good number. It puts those last stragglers in, and gives everyone some love.
I was referring to slots, not actual characters. In this case, it is exactly 50.

I also just found it humorous that out of the BR members, the oldest and possibly youngest are debating something. I just found it funny.

knuckles213

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317568

Here ya go.

Also, how exactly is it not adding much?

+ 2 Mario
+ 2 Pokemon
+ 1 Donkey Kong
+ 1 Metroid
+ 1 Kid Icarus
+ 1 F-Zero
+ 1 Legend of Zelda
+ 1 Retro (Muddy)
+ 4 New Series (Little Mac, Isaac, Starfy, Mii)
+ 1 Third Party (Mega Man)

Thanks and

Naw, asking for the same amount as MVC is too much (maybe even 80 characters depending on who they would choose). I dont know feel like more could be put in so I dont get bored with the selection

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You have 55. 5 more characters is easy.(I wasn't counting PT here)

Dixie Kong, Mario RPG-based character, Roy, Tingle, and a 3rd Party. There we go.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I forgot I had this on my computer until just now. I drew this little Kirby hat a while back, I hope you LIKE it, and can tell who it is :3

[COLLAPSE="Guess who?"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Blegh, I'll probably end up posting others and making more later. I just enjoy this one a lot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Palutena Kirby Hat :D

Also, HF, I edited my previous post. You post too fast, slow down!xD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

@Hyper Falcon: Why must you post while I'm posting and cause me to edit D:
That's why I'm replying instead of editing right now.

There's still no guarantee that it was Plusle and Minun. Unless there is concrete evidence and not theories, it doesn't hold any ground to me. The trainer's design is likely because Red is the most well-known, and because of the remake, they figured, "Hey, why not use his new design?" Pretty much. It also is quite similar to the Gen I one, albeit more colorful.
It was still the specific 3rd Gen version of his costume. Colors means nothing, as we all know. He's the only 3rd Gen playable we have technically, and at best. As for those, Random is not spelt that way in Japan. Thus, it would be at best be a reference to a character.

I know we don't NEED to, but considering Sakurai has said that he likes all of the Brawl characters, we may very well see all of them return, with the exception of possible 3rd Party Licensing issues.
I don't honestly see Lucario having any chance thanks to 5th Gen replacing/taking his slot if time comes up. So I don't believe he'll return them all, unless he can. Then everybody but Pichu would be playable. Including the Forbidden 7, so that means 3rd Gen too.

And yes, I misunderstood what you said pertaining to Meowth. My bad. ._.'
I explain things crappily. Tis fine.

However, Sakurai clearly thinks of them as different series, with the music and icons and such. After all, it's his opinion that matters here.
While that's completely true, keep in mind we've always seen an even number of pure Mario and Pokemon slot numbers. I get where you're going with this, and I mostly agree, but I don't see Toad even realistic either. I'd like to note, the only thing we've gotten about him is that Sakurai doesn't think he's playable. But eh.

If anything, a Shadow Mario transformation would make him more like a clone. A Bowser Clone who transforms into a Mario Clone by Cloning Zelda's shtick.
Shadow Mario is not like regular Mario. He has multiple different properties, still uses that Paintbrush, and unless you plan to make Krystal a clone, he shouldn't be either. Either he's a Bowser clone(which let's be honest, he'd get that treatment easily) or a double clone. Both characters use the paintbrush, and Shadow Mario can't even use a Fireball, so he has better chance realistically of being different than Paper Mario(who can actually use most Mario moves).

I know that they CAN be different, but knowing Sakurai, or rather, not knowing, he may do it.

Also, this is semi-unrelated, but does anyone remember if Bowser's fireballs lock on to Mario in any game? I'm just wondering.
No, but it's not something he couldn't easily do on his own.

I was referring to slots, not actual characters. In this case, it is exactly 50.
Add five more.

I also just found it humorous that out of the BR members, the oldest and possibly youngest are debating something. I just found it funny.
If you mean Brawl Room, yes. I was never part of any actual Back Room(not counting the ones anybody can join, I mean the more important ones).

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
She was a husky woman in the Oracles, and her Zelda 1 and Zelda 2 "appearances" were manual only. And she was an old woman in those manuals.

Please. Try harder.
She played significant roles to the plots of each game regardless of how she was portrayed.

Tingle does nothing.

Your move.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hey there peeps!!!

Wow, I must say, you guys have really managed to produce a good amount of pages while I was gone, well....that's all about to change now.

So....what's new? Any new Starphoenix stages I've missed? Anything worth mentioning about possible Mario Kart 7 inclusion for Smash Wii-U?

Wow, I can't believe it's already 2012, e3 is almost right around the corner, that will be the time to REALLY be active since there is bound to be some good information revealed towards Smash-U and the Wii-U itself, I'm pretty sure we'll also see some spectacular new stuff as well.

So yeah, what's going on yo!!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
She played significant roles to the plots of each game regardless of how she was portrayed.

Tingle does nothing.

Your move.
Tingle has his own series. He has also appeared in a lot of Zelda games. :glare:
Tingle does do something, BTW. He sells maps(or in Wind Waker, deciphers Triforce Charts which are required to beat the game).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't get the hate cause Sheik herself isn't great even. :/ Besides being in Smash 2 times, what are reasons to keep her? Impa is a very good choice for a character, Sheik cannot hold her own compared to the rest of the cast. Sole exception MIGHT be Ice Climbers...

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Sheik? Well, isn't he gay part of the Zelda franchise in a big way? I mean even though Sheik isn't in Skyward Sword?? Doesn't that make him iconic regardless of any relevance?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nothing new yet, King. Just old debates. Albeit, some people are very mature in debating, and I like the current one between Opposum and me. :)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey there peeps!!!

Wow, I must say, you guys have really managed to produce a good amount of pages while I was gone, well....that's all about to change now.

So....what's new? Any new Starphoenix stages I've missed? Anything worth mentioning about possible Mario Kart 7 inclusion for Smash Wii-U?

Wow, I can't believe it's already 2012, e3 is almost right around the corner, that will be the time to REALLY be active since there is bound to be some good information revealed towards Smash-U and the Wii-U itself, I'm pretty sure we'll also see some spectacular new stuff as well.

:D

-The Iblis Cycle
-Idiocy
-Impa wars
-Civil unrest
-Fake Smash Bros rumors
-Sakurai completed Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Kuma Vs. Smashchu
-My slow descent into madness

Also, I've done several new stages while you were gone. One of them has a song I've been dying for you to hear, because I knew you'd like it.

Song

Stage Concepts:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13757479&postcount=109
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13872389&postcount=115

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik? Well, isn't he gay part of the Zelda franchise in a big way? I mean even though Sheik isn't in Skyward Sword?? Doesn't that make him iconic regardless of any relevance?
Ghirahim and Tingle stand a good chance against this. What scares me most however, is people wanting all 3 in. I don't wanna explain my siblings Zelda isn't a super fun gay paradise franchise. If there is need for one, please make it another series than Zelda and have your fun there... Please.

Impa keeps it straight at least.
Though, she might be suggesting something with her dedication to Zelda... Which in fact would be awesome ^^ and much better hidden than all other characters above mentioned, and all the more unique. THINK ABOUT THE LESBIANS!

There's a reason Link left to Termina after OOT... Zelda was hitting hard on him, in male form. Better luck next lifetime, playboy :( Not that he could avoid anything there... Creepy fairy obsessed guy seemed to wanna go body to body with poor Link to...

SS Zelda wanted him badly though luckily, but her descendants where kinda dissapointing to Link. Maybe she liked Impa all along secretly and got carried over weirdly?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Shortie: Nice drawing.

@Omega: :D

@Star: Madness?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Madness? MADNESS?

THIS

IS

THE SURFACE (soon to be known as Hyrule)

*Impa Sparta kick here*

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Get prepped, because Diddy has been bringing this up every day, and arguing about every day. He said sometime last year or something that if Impa wasn't in Sm4sh, he'd shut up about it forever. So I'm preparing for that day. :smirk:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, I'd shut up if Sheik gets an actual new role in Zelda. Untill then, SS Impa all the way! And if not, the next Impa, or the one next... Who indeed will exist, and not so much for Sheik. If this does happen though, I've pledged to myself I'll main her in every Smash she's in...

Zelda is gonna make huge character development apart from Sheik anyway (and she has, quite recently actually; SS), so her getting better potential moves is surely gonna happen with more appearances in the main games. So basically, I see Sheik getting cut eventually regardless of what happens in Smash 4, or if Impa gets in or not.

So basically, I want her gone now, because its gonna happen anyway.
And: we have a perfect replacement ready.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Well, yeah true. But the 3rd generation deserves more respect, AKA Deoxys as a playable character. But, I guess having almost the entire pokeball system on 3rd gens is ok too >_>

I agree, most defeinatly. Which is why I wonder why we should bring back PT Kanto. God, get some Typhlosions in here, man!

Also, for god's sake, everyone! A Pokemon roster of perfection... RIGHT HERE:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Deoxys
Lucario
Victini
6 slots, man... 6 slots, woman... You get the point.
As much as I hate to break your bubble, there's a lot of people who wouldn't agree with that set of Pokes, myself included. Pokemon Trainer is almost definitely not getting dropped. He's one of the most unique characters the roster has right now, and is not one, but THREE already finished movesets. To drop that after just one game would be pretty stupid. Deoxys, as much as I love the character, has very little chance at the moment, unless the 3rd Gen remakes are released before SSB4. Lucario's also skating on some pretty thin ice, seeing as how he's old hat now compared to 5th gen Pokemon.

And speaking of 5th gen Pokes, it still boggles my mind how people can still seriously suggest Victini. I mean, yeah yeah, it COULD work, but Victini's just ONE of the many legendaries that 5th gen has, and the only reason why I feel he's seen as so special is because of how early on he can be obtained. Zoroark is pretty much the Lucario of the 5th gen, being the first revealed and also getting his own movie (before Victini, I might add) despite not being a legendary, just like Lucario. Nintendo's obviously trying to push Zoroark into prominence, and one of their best opportunities to do so would be to put him in Smash. I really don't see them squandering that opportunity by putting in Victini. It would have been like putting Zapdos as a playable character into Melee over Mewtwo because he could be caught earlier and was gonna be featured in Pokemon 2000.

So, most likely scenario for Pokemon reps will probably be.

1. Pikachu
2. Jigglypuff
3. Mewtwo
4. Pokemon Trainer
5. Zoroark
Possible 6. Lucario (or Deoxys if 3rd Gen remakes happen.)

So no, that's not the definitive Pokemon roster. Far from it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
hey there peeps!!!

Wow, i must say, you guys have really managed to produce a good amount of pages while i was gone, well....that's all about to change now.

So....what's new? Any new starphoenix stages i've missed? Anything worth mentioning about possible mario kart 7 inclusion for smash wii-u?

Wow, i can't believe it's already 2012, e3 is almost right around the corner, that will be the time to really be active since there is bound to be some good information revealed towards smash-u and the wii-u itself, i'm pretty sure we'll also see some spectacular new stuff as well.

ohmaigawdohmaigawdohmaigawd

Bro, where have you been?

Y U LEAVE ME HERE ALL THIS TIME BY MYSELF

OmegaXXII

@Omega: :D
Why... did you miss me? I saw that Sonic stage you did back in November, its an incredible concept, any other stages of your while I was gone? Mewtwo improvements? ;)

Nothing new yet, King. Just old debates. Albeit, some people are very mature in debating, and I like the current one between Opposum and me. :)
Yes, I see Opposum is indeed very intellectual, i've noticed that past few pages, i'm glad it isn't all derping and trolling.

Don't feed into it Omega. Leave. SAVE YOURSELF.
lol...from who? Tingle is already a troll. :awesome:

:D

-The Iblis Cycle
-Idiocy
-Impa wars
-Civil unrest
-Fake Smash Bros rumors
-Sakurai completed Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Kuma Vs. Smashchu
-My slow descent into madness

Also, I've done several new stages while you were gone. One of them has a song I've been dying for you to hear, because I knew you'd like it.

Song

Stage Concepts:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13757479&postcount=109
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13872389&postcount=115
Oh gosh, those stages are amazing, such imagination i must say, i never expected any less from you, especially your song selections. :)

Chu and Kuma is known, i guess the war between them has has ceased by now, and the idiocy does not surprise me at all. (looks at berserker).

Well Star, don't go into a madness state because I will be here all month long to keep you company.

I cant wait to get the limited edition bundle of XenoBlade in April, it will truly be a game to get. :D

Ghirahim and Tingle stand a good chance against this. What scares me most however, is people wanting all 3 in. I don't wanna explain my siblings Zelda isn't a super fun gay paradise franchise. If there is need for one, please make it another series than Zelda and have your fun there... Please.

Impa keeps it straight at least.
Though, she might be suggesting something with her dedication to Zelda... Which in fact would be awesome ^^ and much better hidden than all other characters above mentioned, and all the more unique. THINK ABOUT THE LESBIANS!

There's a reason Link left to Termina after OOT... Zelda was hitting hard on him, in male form. Better luck next lifetime, playboy :( Not that he could avoid anything there... Creepy fairy obsessed guy seemed to wanna go body to body with poor Link to...

SS Zelda wanted him badly though luckily, but her descendants where kinda dissapointing to Link. Maybe she liked Impa all along secretly and got carried over weirdly?

Well, I was joking about Sheik and Tingle, even though I've never supported Tingle I say his chances are still realistic enough, i'm not sure about this "3" business you guys are talking about.

Hmm...okay, since im not a big Zelda enthusiast like some of you around here, might you guys tell me who Impa is? I mean; what role does he play? Skyward?

I am well aware that Ghirahim and Tingle are wanted, there's no doubt about that, but since nobody had ever mentioned Impa before, I now confused as ever, mind elaboring a bit?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm cool with that, but what about Impa's reveal? What then? :awesome:

I'll get my facts together about Impa! brb

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Why... did you miss me? I saw that Sonic stage you did back in November, its an incredible concept, any other stages of your while I was gone? Mewtwo improvements? ;)
Well fine then, I don't miss you after you were gone for two months. :p

The mother ship of the PMC company, Outer Heaven, Liquid Ocelot's submersible battleship, Outer Haven appears!

Being such a huge local, one can expect for this stage to be rather large. Similar to Castle Siege, fighters shall move from one part of the ship to the next fighting each other and the stage's many safeguards against intruders.

Main Deck: The starting spot, it is walk-off-able and there are no hazards. Gekkos and Frogs that patrol the area can be seen in the background along with Rex's Rail Cannon. Screaming Mantis will eventually appear and will shift the stage to the next location.

Command Center: Yet another basic part of the stage, Screaming Mantis and Frogs can be seen in the background though. After a short amount of time Mantis will yet again shift the stage to another room.

Missle Hanger: A completely flat and walk-off-able part of the stage. Here you slowly move through the 1 room as the screen scrolls by. A horde of Dwarf Gekkos (Scarabs) appear in the background and will sometimes jump onto the stage. They're pretty slow and can be attacked, going down in 1 hit, but if you're not careful they can latch onto you and hold you in a throw animation, which is not good on a scrolling stage. The stage shifts again when you reach the microwave room, and you begin to see the GW server room.

Ship Exterior: The spot where Snake and Ocelot had their final battle. A basic square section of the stage, there are no hazards. The background is lit up with a sunset making this part of the stage very atmospheric.

Stage Example(s):

Main Deck:

_____xxxxxxx_____
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx_____xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Command Center:

\_____________/

Missle Hanger:

Ship Exterior:
_________
|xxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxx|

Stage Name: Outer Haven
Stage Icon: Foxhound Logo

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Old Snake
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Laughing Octopus
Metal Gear Solid 4: Rex Vs. Ray
Metal Gear Solid 4: Love Theme
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Main Theme ~ Battle 2
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Heaven's Divide
Metal Gear Solid: Main Theme
Metal Gear Solid - Gray Fox
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - Psycho Mantis
Metal Gear Solid 2: Tanker Incident
Metal Gear - Return of Fox Hounder (Ending)
Metal Gear Solid: MGS4 ~Theme of Love~Smash Bros. Brawl Version (Brawl)

^^Credit also goes to Star for helping me out again with music

One of the most iconic locations in video game history, Dr. Wily's Castle makes yet another appearance.

Unlike most conventional stages, in order to keep with the spirit of the MM series, the starting portion of the stage takes place within the Castle's Teleport room. Here you are able to select, if you want, to go to another part of the stage at your choosing by jumping on one of the eight pads.

Once one has been stepped on it then teleports the arena to the predetermined Robot Master stage set to that particular teleporter. Once selected you will stay on the stage for around one minute before you head back to the main room to repeat the process.

The Teleport Room itself is more open than it appears and lacks a ceiling and side walls in order to make moving around and killing her easier.

Elec Man: Here the infamous Magnet Blocks make an appearance. Depending on the order they're in, at a particular moment, they can often make it harder or easier to kill an opponent or easier to recover. Elec Man, of course, appears in the Background as well, but does no harm.

Metal Man: Here most of the stage is a large convaver belt. Metal Man appears in the background as well and he controls the direction the belt goes.

Shadow Man: Here drop away platforms make an appearance. They're pass-through-able so they don't make it harder to kill, although if you stand on them after a short second they drop you back down on the floor. So mastering them is key to be effective here. In addition, Shadow Man will occationally leap across and summon the Hologran enemy, which turns the stage black for a few seconds, preventing you from knowing where the edge is.

Ring Man: A basic stage. Above the main platform a Rainbow looking platform sits. Standing on the rainbow causes it to move making it easier to kill. Think of it as a moveable ceiling. Ring Man also appears in the background but he also does nothing.

Crystal Man: An open stage, here the main gimake is that at the top of the stage there are 3 garbage shoots that rain crystal projectiles onto the stage. Resulting in harder to recover. Unlike the original stage though, they don't rain down as fast. Crystal Man, of course, makes an appearance in the background but does nothing.

Flame Man: Similar to Metal, here the fight takes place in a large pool of oil. When standing in it, similar to being Metal, it reduces your jumping power and speed. Flame Man appears in the background, here he'll occationally light the oil on fire, resulting in large knockback for those who touch it.

Concrete Man: Another simple stage. Covering some of the pits in the stage are up and down blocks that when standing on them the move in the corisponding direction. So they can either carry you off or knock you off the stage so don't stand on them for too long. Concrete Man appears in the background, where he can switch the blocks in the opposite direction by jumping up and down.

Nitro Man: The only walk off stage of the eight. Here you must dodge on coming traffic. And like his stage you can jump on the on-coming vehicles, so the knockback is only in the front of the vehicle. Nitro Man will occationally appear in bike mode, to also run opponents down, although unlike other vehicles he can't be jumped on.

Stage Examples:

Elec Man:
xxMxxxxxMxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxMxxxMxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx_____xxx
xxx|xxxxx|xx
xxx|xxxxx|xx
xM|xxxxx|Mx

Metal Man:

__xx<<<<>>>>>xx__

Shadow Man:

xxxxxx--xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx--xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx______xxx
xx|xxxxxx|xxx
x--|xxxxxx|--x
xx|xxxxxx|xxx

Ring Man:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
_rrrrrrrrrrrr_
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx________xx
x|xxxxxxxxx|x
x|xxxxxxxxx|x

Crystal Man:

xCxxxxxxxxxCx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx________xx
x|xxxxxxxxx|x

Flame Man:

__xxxxxxx__
x|oooooo|x
x|______|x

Concrete Man:

xdd____uu____ddx
xxx|xxx|xx|xxx|xxx

Nitro Man:

Stage Name: Wily Castle
Stage Icon: MM's Helmet

Mega Man 2 - Wily's Castle (Stage 1)
Mega Man - Cut Man
Mega Man 2 - Title Screen
Mega Man 3 - Title Screen
Mega Man 4 - Cossack Stage 2
Mega Man 5 - Dark Man
Mega Man 9 - We are the Robots (Wily Stage 2)
Mega Man X - Central Highway
Mega Man Zero - Zero's Theme (MMX)
Mega Man ZX - Green Grass Gradation
Mega Man Legends - The Flutter Vs. The Gesellschaft
Mega Man Battle Network - Main Theme

Based on the first world from the latest Wario Land game, Ratl Ruins makes an appearance.

It's overall a rather basic stage that is around the size of PS2, the main gimmick would be the stone pillars on both sides of the stage, as they move up and down as the stage shakes. But since you can't shake the stage literally, similar to GHZ, the stage itself will take damage over time. Once the stage has been hit enough, the stage will shake and the pillars will change.

The pillars themselves are only 1/3 the size of the towers on SMI, so they do not hinder gameplay too much, but you will take a good amount of damage if you are stuck under a pillar as it moves. Bandineros can also appear on the stage, and in Wario Land fashion, you can jump on them (or shake the stage) and use them as projectiles.

Stage Example:

P = Pillar
x = blank space

xxxxx--------xxxxx
xxxxPxxxxxxPxxxx
xx___________xx
xx|xxxxxxxxxxx|x

Stage Name: Ratl Ruins
Stage Icon: W

Wario Land: Shake It - Stonecarving City
Super Mario Land 2: 6 GC - Wario's Castle
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - Overworld
Virtual Boy Wario Land - The Misterious Caves
Wario Land 3 - Pure Rudy (Final Boss)
Wario Land 4 - Toy Block Tower
Wario Land 4 - Toxic Landfill
Wario World - Greenhorn Ruins
Wario: Master of Disguise - Cannoli
Wario Land Shake It - Mt. Lava Lava
Fossil Fighters Champions - BB Brigade Battle
Super Mario Land - Easton Kingdom (Brawl)

Nothing on Mewtwo.

Watch out for Impa, you may see why soon...

I gotta run to dinner, I'll be back in 20.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Asage, how many characters are you actually going to play? It just seems like you want to have interchangeable rosters just for the sake of quelling the whiners and nothing else.
Yeah, I do that because whenever I post a roster that I like, I usually get chewed. I don't like being chewed ._.

Characters that I'll actually play:
Lucario, Victini, Young Link, Wolf, Typhlosion, Raichu, Meowth, or :troll:Master Chief:troll:

If they don't get in, I'm out. Picky? Come at me.
(Sorry for the late reply)

Madness? MADNESS?

THIS

IS

THE SURFACE (soon to be known as Hyrule)

*Impa Sparta kick here*

I want to hit you, now. Sparta Kick= Ganondorf, not Iimpa Limpa T_T

OmegaXXII

I'm cool with that, but what about Impa's reveal? What then? :awesome:

I'll get my facts together about Impa! brb

Well, that's cool then, I need to know because i'm done with a project I had underwraps but Impa was never mentioned before. D:

Well fine then, I don't miss you after you were gone for two months. :p

The mother ship of the PMC company, Outer Heaven, Liquid Ocelot's submersible battleship, Outer Haven appears!

Being such a huge local, one can expect for this stage to be rather large. Similar to Castle Siege, fighters shall move from one part of the ship to the next fighting each other and the stage's many safeguards against intruders.

Main Deck: The starting spot, it is walk-off-able and there are no hazards. Gekkos and Frogs that patrol the area can be seen in the background along with Rex's Rail Cannon. Screaming Mantis will eventually appear and will shift the stage to the next location.

Command Center: Yet another basic part of the stage, Screaming Mantis and Frogs can be seen in the background though. After a short amount of time Mantis will yet again shift the stage to another room.

Missle Hanger: A completely flat and walk-off-able part of the stage. Here you slowly move through the 1 room as the screen scrolls by. A horde of Dwarf Gekkos (Scarabs) appear in the background and will sometimes jump onto the stage. They're pretty slow and can be attacked, going down in 1 hit, but if you're not careful they can latch onto you and hold you in a throw animation, which is not good on a scrolling stage. The stage shifts again when you reach the microwave room, and you begin to see the GW server room.

Ship Exterior: The spot where Snake and Ocelot had their final battle. A basic square section of the stage, there are no hazards. The background is lit up with a sunset making this part of the stage very atmospheric.

Stage Example(s):

Main Deck:

_____xxxxxxx_____
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx_____xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Command Center:

\_____________/

Missle Hanger:

Ship Exterior:
_________
|xxxxxxxxx|
|xxxxxxxxx|

Stage Name: Outer Haven
Stage Icon: Foxhound Logo

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Old Snake
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Laughing Octopus
Metal Gear Solid 4: Rex Vs. Ray
Metal Gear Solid 4: Love Theme
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Main Theme ~ Battle 2
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Heaven's Divide
Metal Gear Solid: Main Theme
Metal Gear Solid - Gray Fox
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - Psycho Mantis
Metal Gear Solid 2: Tanker Incident
Metal Gear - Return of Fox Hounder (Ending)
Metal Gear Solid: MGS4 ~Theme of Love~Smash Bros. Brawl Version (Brawl)

^^Credit also goes to Star for helping me out again with music

One of the most iconic locations in video game history, Dr. Wily's Castle makes yet another appearance.

Unlike most conventional stages, in order to keep with the spirit of the MM series, the starting portion of the stage takes place within the Castle's Teleport room. Here you are able to select, if you want, to go to another part of the stage at your choosing by jumping on one of the eight pads.

Once one has been stepped on it then teleports the arena to the predetermined Robot Master stage set to that particular teleporter. Once selected you will stay on the stage for around one minute before you head back to the main room to repeat the process.

The Teleport Room itself is more open than it appears and lacks a ceiling and side walls in order to make moving around and killing her easier.

Elec Man: Here the infamous Magnet Blocks make an appearance. Depending on the order they're in, at a particular moment, they can often make it harder or easier to kill an opponent or easier to recover. Elec Man, of course, appears in the Background as well, but does no harm.

Metal Man: Here most of the stage is a large convaver belt. Metal Man appears in the background as well and he controls the direction the belt goes.

Shadow Man: Here drop away platforms make an appearance. They're pass-through-able so they don't make it harder to kill, although if you stand on them after a short second they drop you back down on the floor. So mastering them is key to be effective here. In addition, Shadow Man will occationally leap across and summon the Hologran enemy, which turns the stage black for a few seconds, preventing you from knowing where the edge is.

Ring Man: A basic stage. Above the main platform a Rainbow looking platform sits. Standing on the rainbow causes it to move making it easier to kill. Think of it as a moveable ceiling. Ring Man also appears in the background but he also does nothing.

Crystal Man: An open stage, here the main gimake is that at the top of the stage there are 3 garbage shoots that rain crystal projectiles onto the stage. Resulting in harder to recover. Unlike the original stage though, they don't rain down as fast. Crystal Man, of course, makes an appearance in the background but does nothing.

Flame Man: Similar to Metal, here the fight takes place in a large pool of oil. When standing in it, similar to being Metal, it reduces your jumping power and speed. Flame Man appears in the background, here he'll occationally light the oil on fire, resulting in large knockback for those who touch it.

Concrete Man: Another simple stage. Covering some of the pits in the stage are up and down blocks that when standing on them the move in the corisponding direction. So they can either carry you off or knock you off the stage so don't stand on them for too long. Concrete Man appears in the background, where he can switch the blocks in the opposite direction by jumping up and down.

Nitro Man: The only walk off stage of the eight. Here you must dodge on coming traffic. And like his stage you can jump on the on-coming vehicles, so the knockback is only in the front of the vehicle. Nitro Man will occationally appear in bike mode, to also run opponents down, although unlike other vehicles he can't be jumped on.

Stage Examples:

Elec Man:
xxMxxxxxMxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxMxxxMxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx_____xxx
xxx|xxxxx|xx
xxx|xxxxx|xx
xM|xxxxx|Mx

Metal Man:

__xx<<<<>>>>>xx__

Shadow Man:

xxxxxx--xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx--xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx______xxx
xx|xxxxxx|xxx
x--|xxxxxx|--x
xx|xxxxxx|xxx

Ring Man:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
_rrrrrrrrrrrr_
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx________xx
x|xxxxxxxxx|x
x|xxxxxxxxx|x

Crystal Man:

xCxxxxxxxxxCx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx________xx
x|xxxxxxxxx|x

Flame Man:

__xxxxxxx__
x|oooooo|x
x|______|x

Concrete Man:

xdd____uu____ddx
xxx|xxx|xx|xxx|xxx

Nitro Man:

Stage Name: Wily Castle
Stage Icon: MM's Helmet

Mega Man 2 - Wily's Castle (Stage 1)
Mega Man - Cut Man
Mega Man 2 - Title Screen
Mega Man 3 - Title Screen
Mega Man 4 - Cossack Stage 2
Mega Man 5 - Dark Man
Mega Man 9 - We are the Robots (Wily Stage 2)
Mega Man X - Central Highway
Mega Man Zero - Zero's Theme (MMX)
Mega Man ZX - Green Grass Gradation
Mega Man Legends - The Flutter Vs. The Gesellschaft
Mega Man Battle Network - Main Theme

Based on the first world from the latest Wario Land game, Ratl Ruins makes an appearance.

It's overall a rather basic stage that is around the size of PS2, the main gimmick would be the stone pillars on both sides of the stage, as they move up and down as the stage shakes. But since you can't shake the stage literally, similar to GHZ, the stage itself will take damage over time. Once the stage has been hit enough, the stage will shake and the pillars will change.

The pillars themselves are only 1/3 the size of the towers on SMI, so they do not hinder gameplay too much, but you will take a good amount of damage if you are stuck under a pillar as it moves. Bandineros can also appear on the stage, and in Wario Land fashion, you can jump on them (or shake the stage) and use them as projectiles.

Stage Example:

P = Pillar
x = blank space

xxxxx--------xxxxx
xxxxPxxxxxxPxxxx
xx___________xx
xx|xxxxxxxxxxx|x

Stage Name: Ratl Ruins
Stage Icon: W

Wario Land: Shake It - Stonecarving City
Super Mario Land 2: 6 GC - Wario's Castle
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - Overworld
Virtual Boy Wario Land - The Misterious Caves
Wario Land 3 - Pure Rudy (Final Boss)
Wario Land 4 - Toy Block Tower
Wario Land 4 - Toxic Landfill
Wario World - Greenhorn Ruins
Wario: Master of Disguise - Cannoli
Wario Land Shake It - Mt. Lava Lava
Fossil Fighters Champions - BB Brigade Battle
Super Mario Land - Easton Kingdom (Brawl)

Nothing on Mewtwo.

Watch out for Impa, you may see why soon...

I gotta run to dinner, I'll be back in 20.
Oh gosh! o_O

Outer Heaven? in HD?? Wow, I love the way you incorporated all the element from the ship that made it such a sight to behold, excellent, esecially the missle hanger part, those songs are great as well, especially the love theme. :p

Hm...those Megaman elements seems to boost that particular stage in interest AND EVEN included cameos, nice, also, Super Wario Land looks like something i wound enjoy, even though it's simplistic it still has something of interest due to the shake effect.

Well, I think i will get my hands dirty and show you guys something soon as well, how does that sound?

Also, it's nice to see pieman around here.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So basically, Impa plays a pretty big role in Skyward Sword, but she has been around for much longer. Actually, according to the official manual, since the first two Zelda games, but she made quite some appearances ever since. Most noticable as Zelda's teacher and body guard in OOT (also responsible for actually teaching Zelda how to ninja to become Sheik) and be one of the 6 Sages. Am not familiar with "Fat Impa" from the Oracle games, but she's there nonetheless.

In Skyward Sword (the first game in the infamous timeline) she returns, in a rather more mysterious role. So mysterious in fact, most who even played it still don't seem to understand it..

Long story short: she is Zelda's bodyguard again, but actually travels with her through her own quest AND:
she appears as an old woman, THOUSANDS of years old besides being the Goddess (who ends up being Zelda, in mortal form) her personal chosen warrior for this mission (she's very likely therefore the Goddess's own, finest warrior, and the world was at war before in SS). So she has a double role, revealed at the very end. She's also responsible for sealing and protecting the Triforce in her own age.

So overall, she has a pretty important role in SS, and has lots of potential to fight. She also has multiple roles throughout the history of Zelda. Whereas Sheik only appears in one game, doesn't fight in it, and in fact... Doesn't do much at all. And that's her ONLY role.

It's to be noted however that each Zelda game with exceptions of some take place in whole different eras of time. So logically, Sheik can only appear if Zelda from Ocarina of Time does.

So yeah, better moveset potential, Sheik's waning relevance and popularity (peaked in Melee, hardly even used in Brawl), as well as Impa's new appearance, in a new game, with a bigger role than ever makes me seriously want her in, and Sheik out.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, I do that because whenever I post a roster that I like, I usually get chewed. I don't like being chewed ._.
You're gonna have to toughen up. That comes with the territory. As long as there is diversity, there will be supporters and opponents for anything.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You're gonna have to toughen up. That comes with the territory. As long as there is diversity, there will be supporters and opponents for anything.
I only argue on behalf of my favorite characters. Meet Victini T_T

Fine, maybe I'll post my roster later. Not now because I'm making A Banner sig that involves the Angry German Kid :cool::awesome::bee:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I've been skimming through carelessly and I've noticed someone wants a Shadow Mario transformation for Jr. I want to say that Shadow Mario isn't associated with the Bowser's kid anymore, so it would be kinda pointless. Plus we have similarities between the Mario Bros. already, so a third Mario is a bit redundant. Luckily, the paintbrush is still associated with Jr., so its harder to rule that out.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've been skimming through carelessly and I've noticed someone wants a Shadow Mario transformation for Jr. I want to say that Shadow Mario isn't associated with the Bowser's kid anymore, so it would be kinda pointless. Plus we have similarities between the Mario Bros. already, so a third Mario is a bit redundant. Luckily, the paintbrush is still associated with Jr., so its harder to rule that out.
Shadow Mario made an appearence in Super Mario Galaxy, if that matters >_>

@Metal:

Let's talk about Meowth, then!

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Shadow Mario made an appearence in Super Mario Galaxy, if that matters >_>

@Metal:
*image*
Let's talk about Meowth, then!
Uh, that wasn't Shadow Mario. That was Cosmic Mario.

But Meowth is definitely a character I'd love to see. He was the only character planned for SSB64 than didn't end up making it in later, so I feel he deserves it, but with the Pokemon series slots outprioritized by other mons, I can't see him making it in unless SSB4's roster is HUGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom