• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Shadow Mario made an appearence in Super Mario Galaxy, if that matters >_>

@Metal:

Let's talk about Meowth, then!
Meowth! Now that's the #1 Pokemon I want to be playable in Smash... I'm sorry that Mewtwo isn't the #1 most wanted Pokemon in my book because at least I've played as Mewtwo in the past 10 years and Mewtwo's cutting didn't emotionally affect me in a negative way because I still could play as Mewtwo anytime I want whenever I insert Melee in my Wii. Mewtwo is my #2 most wanted Pokemon and I wouldn't mind seeing Mewtwo returning along with Meowth.

Meowth... I really want to play as this cat. Ever since I saw Meowth in the anime way back in 1998 or 1999, I've been his fan all the way... this was years before I played a Pokemon game, mind you... and I bought Gold, thinking Meowth was in it... and I was disappointed that I got the wrong version (he was in Silver)... but I still played and beaten Gold... and finally caught my first Meowth in LeafGreen... and I wouldn't let it evolve into Persian... and I kept it in my team all the time because of Pay Day and because it is Meowth.

The anime gave me some ideas how Meowth might be like if it ever is playable in Smash... constantly getting blasted off would be the way Meowth gets Star KO'd in Smash.

Meowth always scratching Team Rocket and especially Brock's Onix in that one memorable episode after Meowth threw water on it... and that other awesome episode where Meowth beat a bunch of Ash's and Dawn's Pokemon to defend Glameow... basis for Meowth's standard scratches, the Fury Swipes special move (side B), and throwing items.

The other Meowth in later episodes... that Meowth with the cowboy hat and boots... now that cat could use Iron Tail... basis for Meowth doing Meteor Smash with Iron Tail... maybe like the animation of Lucas' aerial back move.

Meowth using Pay Day in three different ways... as a projectile like the Pokemon games (B), the way Meowth used it in Smash 64 (down B), and the way Meowth used it in Brawl (Final Smash)... good way to pay homage to Meowth's past role as a Pokemon summon throughout Smash history... and it puts an emphasis on Pay Day being Meowth's signature move.

I'm really hoping that Meowth is the new 1st gen newcomer for Smash 4... we had Mewtwo in Melee and Pokemon Trainer in Brawl... it's Meowth's turn to shine. Meowth needs to be supported more actively... I'm always seeing rosters keeping all the Pokemon from Brawl, re-adding Mewtwo, and adding only one brand-new Pokemon (either Zoroark or Victini). Smash always adds two Poke-newcomers in each game... one of them from 1st gen and the other from the latest generation at the time. Meowth has to be that 1st gen newcomer along with whoever is the 5th gen newcomer.

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
About the Toad thing, I'd say it's very possible that he could have or might be changing his mind. Remember, people base their opinions on what they know beforehand and what they've witnessed in the past. Sakurai didn't see much in the past that warranted a playable appearance by Toad, and TBH, I don't recall anything all that noteworthy back then from Toad that warranted him a slot on the roster, either. But things have changed since then, since Toad has more playable roles and whatnot in his own series now. So I'm sure now that Sakurai may be a little more open to Toad being playable since there's more to go off this time around. But all that still may not be enough if Toad doesn't continue to be the highly-requested character he is (which I'm fairly certain will still come out to be true). With all that around him, knowing that Toad's actually a wanted character could be an even further incentive to figure out a moveset for him and make him a playable character in addition to already having more to go off from his newer appearances in Mario games

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I still honestly fail to see how Victini continually gets brought up as a rep. It just makes zero sense to me as to why people think Nintendo would choose him over Zoroark.
:glare: I accept this challenge.

Victini has more opportunity than Zoroark because he has more of what's required than Zoroark. Look here:
Mewtwo: Popular, Movie, Relevancy
Lucario: Popular, Movie, Relevancy
Zoroark: Popular, Movie, Favored by Japan
Victini: Popular (Less than Zoroark, but is steadly growing), 2 movies in a special, never before done ying-yang combo pack, favored by the chairman of Pokemon

Movies were the big deal. They were the uprising of how Pokemon characters come to play. Deoxys and Blaziken were no match for Lucario because of Relevancy and, come at me, popularity. At present time, it's even spoken that people want Lucario to return. Does this mean he will? Maybe, but when I hear that Mewtwo was planned for Brawl, and with all the favoring for Lucario to be in Sm4sh, it's very possible.

Now, back on Victini (As the above was a quick explaination of how pkmn characters get in), Victini clearly has more of the requirements than Zoroark. SSBF and I are trying to get more and more people to comprehend this, and it's working (Actually, idk if SSBF's doing that anymore...). The only competition Victini has against Zoroark is Popularity and Japan favoring her. Speaking of which, I need to make an up-to-date Poll on Victini VS Zoroark...

Also, I'm going for Facebook again. I'll be making a group dedicated to Victini. I did before, but it failed.

In my opinion, I think it is because some people feel threatened by the possibility of Zoroark replacing Lucario because they are both bipedal Poke-furries... so they would rather have Victini instead because it's different. Kinda like with Mewtwo and Lucario in Brawl... probably why Sakurai ultimately cut Mewtwo and re-added Jigglypuff in the last minute. :awesome:

Err.... almost. Mewtwo was planned for brawl, yes? If so, there was no cuts. It was only time limit issues.

Meowth! Now that's the #1 Pokemon I want to be playable in Smash... I'm sorry that Mewtwo isn't the #1 most wanted Pokemon in my book because at least I've played as Mewtwo in the past 10 years and Mewtwo's cutting didn't emotionally affect me in a negative way because I still could play as Mewtwo anytime I want whenever I insert Melee in my Wii. Mewtwo is my #2 most wanted Pokemon and I wouldn't mind seeing Mewtwo returning along with Meowth.

Meowth... I really want to play as this cat. Ever since I saw Meowth in the anime way back in 1998 or 1999, I've been his fan all the way... this was years before I played a Pokemon game, mind you... and I bought Gold, thinking Meowth was in it... and I was disappointed that I got the wrong version (he was in Silver)... but I still played and beaten Gold... and finally caught my first Meowth in LeafGreen... and I wouldn't let it evolve into Persian... and I kept it in my team all the time because of Pay Day and because it is Meowth.

The anime gave me some ideas how Meowth might be like if it ever is playable in Smash... constantly getting blasted off would be the way Meowth gets Star KO'd in Smash.

Meowth always scratching Team Rocket and especially Brock's Onix in that one memorable episode after Meowth threw water on it... and that other awesome episode where Meowth beat a bunch of Ash's and Dawn's Pokemon to defend Glameow... basis for Meowth's standard scratches, the Fury Swipes special move (side B), and throwing items.

The other Meowth in later episodes... that Meowth with the cowboy hat and boots... now that cat could use Iron Tail... basis for Meowth doing Meteor Smash with Iron Tail... maybe like the animation of Lucas' aerial back move.

Meowth using Pay Day in three different ways... as a projectile like the Pokemon games (B), the way Meowth used it in Smash 64 (down B), and the way Meowth used it in Brawl (Final Smash)... good way to pay homage to Meowth's past role as a Pokemon summon throughout Smash history... and it puts an emphasis on Pay Day being Meowth's signature move.

I'm really hoping that Meowth is the new 1st gen newcomer for Smash 4... we had Mewtwo in Melee and Pokemon Trainer in Brawl... it's Meowth's turn to shine. Meowth needs to be supported more actively... I'm always seeing rosters keeping all the Pokemon from Brawl, re-adding Mewtwo, and adding only one brand-new Pokemon (either Zoroark or Victini). Smash always adds two Poke-newcomers in each game... one of them from 1st gen and the other from the latest generation at the time. Meowth has to be that 1st gen newcomer along with whoever is the 5th gen newcomer.

DId you see my moveset? I think it works well with Meowth.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo was planned yes, but got out prioritized. If Sakurai really wanted him to happen he'd push the release date back even further.

Meowth is cool, but Mewtwo first

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mewtwo was planned yes, but got out prioritized. If Sakurai really wanted him to happen he'd push the release date back even further.

Ah ok, thanks.

I agree, Mewtwo over Meowth, but I might change my mind :smirk:

I made the Victini for Sm4sh Facebook. Go join it if you want Victini in. I won't let this group fail again.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
To be honest, I personally prefer Zoroark over Victini. Now I cannot say I know both characters well, neither have I played the latest Pokemon games, but Zoroark looks more interesting to me. Just slightly, but enough to make me choose him over Victini. A Dark type would be cool to have, and I kinda have a feeling it'll be a feral fighter, much like Wolf is, but maybe even faster? A punisher type of fighter he seems to me, and not another light weight as Pikachu and Jigglypuff.

If I had to make a top 5 of what I wanted most with Pokemon in Smash 4 it'd probably be:

1. Mewtwo
2. Zoroark
3. Snorlax (Luigified Jigglypuff)
4. Meowth
5. Pokemon Trainer (Blue, with Blastoise!)

Note that there actually is a real thin line between 2 and 5, as I want Mewtwo almost just as badly as King K.Rool, the rest would just be kinda cool.

Also, did y'all know that RHYDON is the very first Pokemon ever created? I recently read that somewhere, and thought it was awesome, as I always loved Rhydon as a child. Also kinda explains all the Rhydon statues all over in Pokemon Red / Blue / Yellow. It'd be awesome if we could have a Pokemon Trainer with one of the Pokemon being Rhydon as the heavy weight. I'd personally love that.

But let's say that I'm very flexible with Pokemon, as long as Mewtwo makes it in.

D

Deleted member

Random gameplay tidbits is not character plot and story development.
A lot of his appearances are filler...just filler. 0 depth added with him in the game and a lot of his mechanics could either be replaced or removed altogether.
Try again.
You know what? You're being a *******. I refuse to counter you because all you're going to say "DURR YUR WRONG! I IZ RIGHT!" Especially ironic that Impa is the same way as you said. Take her out, replace her with an Old Man, you got the same thing. Or in the case of SS, the Old Man is just a Man.

Come back when you can actually argue rather than make foolish biased points.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've seen the same sort of hack before, but played by someone else. It's still... weird to say the least, but it's done well enough I suppose. They did good with the voice and sound effects, but not exactly with translating over the moves. Aerials, and especially U Air looks good, but the Smashes look weird.

What's this about Old Man and Impa now?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
To be honest, I personally prefer Zoroark over Victini. Now I cannot say I know both characters well, neither have I played the latest Pokemon games, but Zoroark looks more interesting to me. Just slightly, but enough to make me choose him over Victini. A Dark type would be cool to have, and I kinda have a feeling it'll be a feral fighter, much like Wolf is, but maybe even faster? A punisher type of fighter he seems to me, and not another light weight as Pikachu and Jigglypuff.

If I had to make a top 5 of what I wanted most with Pokemon in Smash 4 it'd probably be:

1. Mewtwo
2. Zoroark
3. Snorlax (Luigified Jigglypuff)
4. Meowth
5. Pokemon Trainer (Blue, with Blastoise!)

Note that there actually is a real thin line between 2 and 5, as I want Mewtwo almost just as badly as King K.Rool, the rest would just be kinda cool.

Also, did y'all know that RHYDON is the very first Pokemon ever created? I recently read that somewhere, and thought it was awesome, as I always loved Rhydon as a child. Also kinda explains all the Rhydon statues all over in Pokemon Red / Blue / Yellow. It'd be awesome if we could have a Pokemon Trainer with one of the Pokemon being Rhydon as the heavy weight. I'd personally love that.

But let's say that I'm very flexible with Pokemon, as long as Mewtwo makes it in.
SNORLAX? What the ****... Ok, obviously, over the last month has been troll time. I'm done here.

Why do you want Snorlax???

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's not trolling actually, I really like Snorlax. Don't think he has a chance mind you, but I think he would be really awesome. A real heavy weight, who could heal up damage with Rest... A slow, heavy hitting tank. Cannot picture him using items, but I think he'd be cool nonetheless.

Also, I think I might want Rhydon even more. Pichu would also be cool, and actually, so would Raichu, as a way to bring back the way Pikachu played as in Smash 64.

Totally forgot about Deoxys though. I'd also really want him in.

But let's just say, I have different wants for Pokemon. I don't expect these to happen, but yeah...

Mewtwo is still my biggest want. I couldn't care less what happens to Pokemon after. The rest of my wants are just... weird, I guess.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
While I want both Meowth and Mewtwo, I am not actively supporting Mewtwo because I know he already have hundreds, if not thousands, of supporters on the Internet... so I compensate by actively supporting Meowth because I feel he's being neglected because people are flocking to Mewtwo and the 5th gen Pokemon in general.

All I want is an opportunity to play as Meowth in at least one Smash game. They can cut Meowth from Smash 5, 6, even 10 for all I care... because at least I still would come back to Smash 4 to play as Meowth... just one game is all I am asking.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hmm, talking of Mewtwo, here's actually even a video which shows him very well hacked in Brawl, though I don't get the fact that he's purple:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKE9SILpPm4&list=FLcgBRZ4vO8rDtRfi6L7Tc3Q&index=41&feature=plpp_video

The reason why Mewtwo looks like that is the person gave Mewtwo the art style of Shadow Lugia (codenamed XD001) from Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Also, just in case Nintendo makes a Smash character poll that's Japanese only, I've collected the Japanese names of all 34 characters that are in my wishlist (plus the 64/Melee/Brawl cast). I'm extremely positive I got all of their Japanese names right but one character: Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western. Is this the correct Japanese name for Dillon?:

主人公がアルマジロ

I know his name is Hiro in Japan but, with my lack of Japanese knowledge, I had a hard time finding that translation above. Did I get it correct?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, but you have to realize that Sakurai said that ages ago, I understand that you are going by what he last said about a said character, in this case Toad, but you never know what Sakurai might surprise us with, to be frank, I never thought Charizard would ever be playable, especially during Brawl's hype, at least not after seeing him as part of an item, and I betcha Sakurai didn't plan on Charizard being playable since fhe Melee days, and then he got a wacky idea with Pokemon Trainer and now he's playable.
It doesn't matter if he said it ages ago, since that's still his concrete word to our knowledge. We do not know if he'll change his mind. He could never change his mind for all we know. If I'm going to talk about possibilities, I'd go with his concrete word before a theory, to be honest. I do not expect to see him currently, but it would be neat if we did.

And honestly, with how popular Charizard is in the Anime/Games/Card game, I always thought he was a major possibility. Only Squirtle and Ivysaur surprised me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And honestly, with how popular Charizard is in the Anime/Games/Card game, I always thought he was a major possibility. Only Squirtle and Ivysaur surprised me.
Notice how Ivysaur was usually overlooked in favor of Bulbasaur and Venusaur... but since appearing in Brawl, Ivysaur seems like it became more popular than the other two.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Squirtle and Charizard where definitely the more popular though. Ivysaur just seemed to be tossed in between them. Though, I did personally liked Ivysaur more than Bulbasaur and Venusaur.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Notice how Ivysaur was usually overlooked in favor of Bulbasaur and Venusaur... but since appearing in Brawl, Ivysaur seems like it became more popular than the other two.
That's what happens when you get the spotlight. In other words, you should've marked that Captain Obvious. :grin:

Anyway, yeah, Jigglypuff became even more popular once put into Smash, same with Sheik.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik rarely did anything in Zelda, so that was inevitable. Retros and Captain Falcon had most profit from Smash I think.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth was hugely popular though in Japan, but yes, Smash did that to.

But apparently Sheik's "popularity" never gave her another role in Zelda for almost 15 years, and I expect another 10 years at least to follow.

Sorry, you can talk about different stuff now.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, Sheik was simply a disguise for Zelda to hide from Ganondorf and since there are multiple Zeldas in the Zelda universe, I don't see much hope for Sheik in the future (though she was planned in Twilight Princess)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wow, Captain Falcon has come a long way. They couldn't even get his name right back then.
Now everybody Falcon punches smash hoes in smash bros... :awesome:
Well, no matter how small the preview for Smash Wii-U may be, at least we'll get to see any new possible stages via the trailer scenery, besides if any newcomers are shown at least we can consider them as CONFIRMED! which should ease us a bit, anyway, I'm actually looking forward to any Smash news since we have yet to get anything out from Sakurai other than sone delayed Kid Icarus Uprising which is sad since it should have been out by now, but then again, it's Sakurai we are talking about, I'm guessing he has a habit of NOW delaying every game, possibly Smash Wii-U as well.

I hope it will get released before Winter 2014, summer would be better though, but then again; he shouldn't rush it so I guess the more time the development team takes, the better, more more stabalized the game might turn out to be.
Still, even if we get stages, more than likely (I think) we'll get just pictures, probably of just concept art (like Skyward Sword, but more pictures).

Regardless, any news is good... especially if it deconfirms a particular purple guy! :awesome:

As for a release, as long as the game is great, I'm fine with that. If that's 2014, cool. If that's 2016, cool.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So, we're talking about how great Old Man would be as a playable character in smash=???

About how Old Man could give people weapons (wooden sword, regular sword, Magical Sword, sword thrust, sword plant, how to use all kinds of magic spells, sell people crap, etc).
Come back when you can actually argue rather than make foolish biased points.
This is why I am slow to respond to people with low post counts I don't know... :mad: :glare: :cool: :bee: :reverse: :smirk:

Also, TOON LINK RULES FOOLS!!! :cool:

that is all...
...talk tah y'all later! :)

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Squirtle and Charizard where definitely the more popular though. Ivysaur just seemed to be tossed in between them. Though, I did personally liked Ivysaur more than Bulbasaur and Venusaur.

Indeed the former two were more popular. Charizard easily had the advantage from being so popular already (it wasn't just the anime but also all the other spin-offs and games). Squirtle was also well known (especially since the anime). Ivysaur looked rather similar to Bulbasaur who I'd say was the most familiar to most in comparison to the rest of the Bulbasaur family. I'm certain that most people would have seen the Bulbasaur similarity in Ivysaur in order to recognize it (it's just minor features like the bud and teeth that made it look different). Hm, I wonder if there are Bulbasaur textures due to this...

Regardless, it was a treat to have the original three starters as playable characters in Brawl; however, I worry for their futures in Smash and if they would actually return (the PT concept would likely remain, but the Pokemon themselves could be considered replaceable). Mewtwo (though struggling) and Pichu were thrown away pretty easily during the transition from Melee to Brawl. Pikachu is truly the only safe Pokemon rep (with the possibility of the PT concept). Jigglypuff has a very strong chance of returning by being a veteran; however, I wouldn't say that it's a definite character just yet.

Speaking of Meowth, I personally would like to see him as well. He deserves it in my opinion...if only it wasn't the competition. :( Sakurai is even aware of its importance.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Metal: And now that we're at that:

GIVE US THE ****ING BONUS POINTS BACK!

/Remember the bonuses you got when you defeated your enemies this way or that way, First Hit, Triple KO, Star KO, PKMN KO, Switzerland, etc/

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
metal: And now that we're at that:

Give us the ****ing bonus points back!

/remember the bonuses you got when you defeated your enemies this way or that way, first hit, triple ko, star ko, pkmn ko, switzerland, etc/

Yes. Cement shoes, Eagle, Magnified Finish, Tiny KO, Ambler... All of them. And then some.
@Metal: For when you KO Luigi in Adventure Mode. Same with Giga Bowser and Giant Kirby KO.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Metal: If you pay attention to the Smash series, they have always, in a highly exaggerated way, made countless jokes/insults on Luigi and making him act like/be a total wuss and odd ball mainly because he has been Mario's shadow in the past (but Nintendo has recently put him in much more games but he still has a scared/shy attitude)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone one seen Eggplant Wizard's updated uprising artwork?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Sheik was simply a disguise for Zelda to hide from Ganondorf and since there are multiple Zeldas in the Zelda universe, I do see much hope for Sheik in the future (though she was planned in Twilight Princess)
Her only chance is with Zelda Wii U, which so far seems to look like Twilight Princess and Sheik was cut from there (keep in mind, there was a LOT of cut content for TP). Lots of early content was released for SS, so I think that IF Sheik is in, she'll be revealed sooner than later.

But I doubt she's in, cause it would spoil the plot immediately.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Whoops, I meant DON'T see much hope for her, not DO so I'm not crossing my fingers on any more Zelda games with her in them.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Sheik doesn't appear in Smash 4.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Agreed with this, Meowth would be an interesting and would possibly provide a different style of play, but I believe it's safe to say that most people wnat Mewtwo instead, not just here, but elsewhere as well.

I for one want Mewtwo more than anybody, Victini is a second choice as far as Pokemon goes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just wants two new Pokemon first before any returners(beyond Pikachu and Jigglypuff) If there's enough space, yes, I'd love to play as Mewtwo again. But two new Pokemon first. Happened in both Brawl and Melee, and let's be honest, anybody from Brawl could be permacut anyway. I doubt it, but could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom