• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo along with ridley, mega man, king k rool and little Mac are THE most wanted characters. Mewtwo has probably the best chance, as he was previously playable, has big fan demand for him to return, and is overall 2nd most popular pokemon ever. (first is charizard who is already in) I say it's pretty safe to bet for mewtwos return.( also he's having an event soon and will have a big roll in the pokemon/nubugma ambition cross over)

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whoops, I meant DON'T see much hope for her, not DO so I'm not crossing my fingers on any more Zelda games with her in them.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Sheik doesn't appear in Smash 4.
What do you think about the prospect of Skyward Sword's Impa replacing her?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm actually more cool with Pichu for some reason than Dr.Mario, but Mewtwo first

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pichu? I think having Plusle & Minun would've been a neat spiritual successor. Much like in the games themselves. Plus, thanks to a team mechanic, even if they were slight clones of Pikachu, their metagame would be very different.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm gonna be completely honest: I would squeal with joy if ANY of the Melee clones came back

If I saw my dream vets back (Young Link and Lucario), I would die, than have a friend use a Max Revive on me so I can play as them.

However, if Victini gets in along with them, I have my perfect dream 3.

*sigh* Dreams... Grant them, Sakurai, please! Though some may be hard... Listen to mine. *greed face*

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
These are the characters I'd like to see in Smash 4... regardless of whether Sakurai cuts characters or not... and regardless of whether Sakurai brings cut characters back or not.

Mario gets 1 newcomer: Toad
Donkey Kong gets 2 newcomers: Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong (team like Ice Climbers but with switching characters like Zelda / Sheik), King K. Rool
Zelda gets 2 newcomers: Impa :awesome:, Tingle
Metroid gets 1 newcomer: Ridley
Pokemon gets 2 newcomers: Meowth, 5th gen rep (Zoroark, Victini, or Pokemon Trainer, don't care which)
Fire Emblem gets 1 newcomer: Chrome
Kid Icarus gets 2 newcomers: Palutena, Medusa
Punch-Out gets 2 newcomers: Little Mac, King Hippo
Smash gets 2 retro newcomers: Takamaru, Hunting Dog
Smash gets 2 modern newcomers: Starfy, Mii
Smash gets 2 third party newcomers: Chocobo & Slime (team but without switching characters as it is just Slime riding on Chocobo), Mega MAN :troll:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What do you think about the prospect of Skyward Sword's Impa replacing her?

I can see that actually since of the similarities.

I have nothing against Sheik, I'm not saying she will be replaced, I'd still like her to stay, and I know she has a big fan popularity (I really like her too), but I've noticed that Smash series Zelda has heavily relied on her Ocarina of Time incarnation for so long now (aka, it felt a little odd seeing Twilight Princess Zelda in Brawl using OoT exclusive spells). And the reason why I'm not saying this for Link or Ganondorf is because those two haven't changed as much as Zelda.

But if Sheik appeared more in the Zelda games, I really wouldn't be saying this. But by all means Sakurai, I'd love it if Sheik stayed

EDIT: forget what I said, no game can be irrelevant no matter how old it is or how much has changed in later installments when it come to Smash Bros.

I'm gonna be completely honest: I would squeal with joy if ANY of the Melee clones came back

Same here. I really would like as much veteran fighters as possible, even the clones.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
OH LOOK, an IMPA discussion. Again.
I'm leaving for a while. Done.

PS: Giga Bowser+Mewtwo+Ganondorf=Event 51 is ANNOYING AS F***!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Atleast the new Event 51 in Brawl wasn't nearly as bad. I beat Melee's with all 26 characters. It was very difficult. :/
Stupid thing is, I beat it my first try with KIRBY and now I can't beat with anyone. I've gotten closest with Mewtwo.
I can beat Giga Bowser easily, and Mewtwo, once he's alone, isn't terrible. GANONDORF gives me the most trouble because of his DAMN AIR SUPPORT.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Stupid thing is, I beat it my first try with KIRBY and now I can't beat with anyone. I've gotten closest with Mewtwo.
Practice and tons of tries is all you need.

Honestly, Snake is the only difficult one in Brawl's. Sonic is annoying, but nothing special. Mario is... bad. Only thing I would actually say could be realistically worried about in his FLUDD due to it pushing you off with how much range it has.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Practice and tons of tries is all you need.

Honestly, Snake is the only difficult one in Brawl's. Sonic is annoying, but nothing special. Mario is... bad. Only thing I would actually say could be realistically worried about in his FLUDD due to it pushing you off with how much range it has.
Just tried some more. Beat it with Mewtwo my second try.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I can beat Giga Bowser easily, and Mewtwo, once he's alone, isn't terrible. GANONDORF gives me the most trouble because of his DAMN AIR SUPPORT.
I beat it with every character at some point. Except Zelda. Yes, with Pichu I beat it to, just not with Zelda. First character I did it with was Mewtwo, and with DK I found it was too easy.

Brawls version was a huge disappointment.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I beat it with every character at some point. Except Zelda. Yes, with Pichu I beat it to, just not with Zelda. First character I did it with was Mewtwo, and with DK I found it was too easy.

Brawls version was a huge disappointment.

The only character I'm able to do it with is Falco, and yes Brawl's was a massive letdown. In fact the Events in Brawl are piss easy compared to Melee.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Master Hand and Crazy Hand is really easy in Melee, just spam Up Smash, preferably charged with Ganondorf. You'll be done in a minute.

D

Deleted member

It helps he's a skill character that's very defensive. I'm not surprised. Now try, with codes, beating with Master Hand/Crazy Hand. You'll probably die quick and easily.
Codes to play with Master Hand/Crazy Hand don't change their meter to stamina. He'd always win (unless freezes happen, which they tend to do with Crazy...)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I was listening to Pokemon Songs on SSBB, and I forgot this completly.

All the Pokemon music on Melee and Brawl were remixed. So, if we added original pieces of music from Pokemon unto SSB4, untouched, what Song from Pokemon would you choose?

Mine still stands: Pokemon Legendary B&W

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pokemon Gym Theme from the games. Not combined with anything else.

If we extend it to songs in general, Metal Mario theme from SSB64. I can't believe they didn't remix/remake/add it to Brawl. -_-

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of SSB64 Music, what about VS Master Hand? Wasn't it different from FD?
Yep. Remember, FD is the updated version of Final Stage from SSB64. They are not actually the same course. Battlefield is the same for Polygon Cave.

A lot of people actually say they're the same course and crap. People clearly don't know what a spiritual successor is. :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yep. Remember, FD is the updated version of Final Stage from SSB64. They are not actually the same course. Battlefield is the same for Polygon Cave.

A lot of people actually say they're the same course and crap. People clearly don't know what a spiritual successor is. :p
Mentionin' the Polygon Cave... That reminded me of a stage idea I had a few weeks ago. I'll pull it up later.

But anyways, yeah. Like how Jump- Oh, excuse me, MARIO, stole Donkey Kong's crown. Yes, I still believe DK should be the mascot of Nintendo :smirk:

@Metal I, personally, found it more fighty. But it was remixed with the Theme song of SSBB... like all the other songs :laugh:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So, I was listening to Pokemon Songs on SSBB, and I forgot this completly.

All the Pokemon music on Melee and Brawl were remixed. So, if we added original pieces of music from Pokemon unto SSB4, untouched, what Song from Pokemon would you choose?

Mine still stands: Pokemon Legendary B&W
Red/Blue Route 1
XD Miror B. Battle
RS Victory Road
FR/LG Pokemon Tower
RB Nugget Bridge

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Red/Blue Route 1
XD Miror B. Battle
RS Victory Road
FR/LG Pokemon Tower
RB Nugget Bridge
I love that song Lol! That reminded me... XD and Colloseum were awesome games. Why didn't they add one of the songs from those games..? I mean, they added Route D/P on there (Can't remember the #), but no XD Shadow Lugia??? Or Miror B. Battle??? Makes no sense to me.

@Metal I agree with you agreeing with me Lol

Mario even changed his name! Three times! :urg: DK never changed his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom