• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That being said, the rewards system implemented has me somewhat concerned in the fact that Sakurai has made it clear from the little that he's said about Smash 4 that he wants to focus more on customization. To that end, I feel that may tie hand in hand with this Intensity thing. If he does bring it to Smash 4, and does have customizable aspects, the "capture" rate o the customizable aspects and their quality may be dependent on what difficulty you have to go through to earn them.
So like the higher the intensity you play the game, the better/rarer the trophies and/or stickers you get? (I know, stickers and trophies haven't been confirmed but play along)

And I think now video games these day are in the era of user customizations so I wouldn't be surprised Sm4sh has this. Not only a more advanced stage builder (something I want), but the upgradable, customizable 3DS character Sakurai has planned. I also bet we'll see even more customizable battle rules, even more than Melee/Brawl ever had (like the ability to turn off stage gimmicks)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So like the higher the intensity you play the game, the better/rarer the trophies and/or stickers you get? (I know, stickers and trophies haven't been confirmed but play along)

And I think now video games these day are in the era of user customizations so I wouldn't be surprised Sm4sh has this. Not only a more advanced stage builder (something I want), but the upgradable, customizable 3DS character Sakurai has planned. I also bet we'll see even more customizable battle rules, even more than Melee/Brawl ever had (like the ability to turn off stage gimmicks)
Well, I don't see why not; Mario Power Tennis did it, and that was a GAMECUBE game. Does that mean Hanenbow would've been unchooseable? :awesome:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
CharacterS* As in, the whole roster.

It'd be pretty silly to make this big feature relegated to only one character.
He means a completely customizable character. Not one of the already existing fighters.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
YANI YOU BLASTED CHEATER YOU!

You know where I'm talking about. :O

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That only works if you're not denied them regardless. At best, it should make it EASIER to get new ones, nothing more.

Depends what you mean by customization. All three games have had this. Characters directly, not yet. I'd like for the ability to turn off stage hazards myself(without codes).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How so, exactly? If you could make more than one(like I think it'll run), what's the reason?
"What Sakurai hopes to do is have the 3DS version of Smash Bros. allow players to build up their character through battle and rewards, then take their custom character to the Wii U version to face off against everyone."

You're thinking of that right? There's not going to be a "custom character." What makes a character, any character, CUSTOM is that you've somehow CUSTOMIZED/UPGRADED/BUILT UP them "THROUGH BATTLE AND REWARDS."

It's all been a terrible misunderstanding. It would be really stupid to have it all focused on a single character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, its very reminisnt of Brawl (and Air Ride) but it seems to have a bit more flare to it, instead of being sort of the sterile white look that Brawl sort of had, though that look is sort of still there. If you look at Melee -> Air Ride - > Brawl though, and assume Brawl -> Kid Icarus -> Smash 4 is going to follow a similar pattern though, then I think it would be a lot more stylized. An interesting thing to note though is that the menus in Kid Icarus seem to get darker/edgier to a small degree depending on what difficulty level you're going at. The results screen for the level 9 intensity has a lot more things going on in it than the intensity 2 screen.

That being said, the rewards system implemented has me somewhat concerned in the fact that Sakurai has made it clear from the little that he's said about Smash 4 that he wants to focus more on customization. To that end, I feel that may tie hand in hand with this Intensity thing. If he does bring it to Smash 4, and does have customizable aspects, the "capture" rate o the customizable aspects and their quality may be dependent on what difficulty you have to go through to earn them.
I think the "competitiveness" of the game is going to be based off of the intensities. I don't think the intensity thing implies any real customization, and that one thing is primarily for the 3DS version, not the WiiU version.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
"What Sakurai hopes to do is have the 3DS version of Smash Bros. allow players to build up their character through battle and rewards, then take their custom character to the Wii U version to face off against everyone."

You're thinking of that right? There's not going to be a "custom character." What makes a character, any character, CUSTOM is that you've somehow CUSTOMIZED/UPGRADED/BUILT UP them "THROUGH BATTLE AND REWARDS."

It's all been a terrible misunderstanding. It would be really stupid to have it all focused on a single character.
Actually, no, that's NOT what I had in mind. I posted the idea a LONG time ago. Pick a body type, extra body parts(only from existing fighters), pick accesories(which can be unlocked), choose Specials from existing movepool(Physical attacks will be based on body type). Name them, finish, fight with them.

yani

Smash Lord
Actually, no, that's NOT what I had in mind. I posted the idea a LONG time ago. Pick a body type, extra body parts(only from existing fighters), pick accesories(which can be unlocked), choose Specials from existing movepool(Physical attacks will be based on body type). Name them, finish, fight with them.
So I guess we won't be seeing a paper body type? :troll:

yani

Smash Lord
For anyone who cares,the Pokemon X Nobunaga game is region locked, still no word of localization.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Yani: *headdesks* That stuff has to stop. There's no excuse for this any longer. You have a buttload of technology. Translation are freakin' easy these days. All the more reason why voice acting is annoying sometimes. If you remove that, translations are SUPER easy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I want to see the Tingle games too. Atleast legally release them online to play as on your website, Nintendo. If people really want it, they know they'll make money.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Yani: *headdesks* That stuff has to stop. There's no excuse for this any longer. You have a buttload of technology. Translation are freakin' easy these days. All the more reason why voice acting is annoying sometimes. If you remove that, translations are SUPER easy.
Weren't you one of the ones asking for voice acting in the SSE? :troll:

yani

Smash Lord
I want to see the Tingle games too. Atleast legally release them online to play as on your website, Nintendo. If people really want it, they know they'll make money.
Oh yeah those too! Maybe we'll see them as a downloadable Club Nintendo reward* :awesome:

edit - Reward :laugh:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey there peeps!!!

Wow, I must say, you guys have really managed to produce a good amount of pages while I was gone, well....that's all about to change now.

So....what's new? Any new Starphoenix stages I've missed? Anything worth mentioning about possible Mario Kart 7 inclusion for Smash Wii-U?

Wow, I can't believe it's already 2012, e3 is almost right around the corner, that will be the time to REALLY be active since there is bound to be some good information revealed towards Smash-U and the Wii-U itself, I'm pretty sure we'll also see some spectacular new stuff as well.

So yeah, what's going on yo!!
Omega!!!!! :D

You haven't missed much, the thread is pretty much turning in to Impa debates.... All the time, no breaks. -_-

In any case I think Star might have put one or two new stages but i'm unsure. I've also taken a slight hiatus from posting music, but i'm thinking now that after playing platinum i'm going to put up some more tracks... But not now, i'm on the library computer.

School has started again, back to wednesdays, weekends and the occasional weekday most likely guys. :(

But i'll try to drop in as often as possible. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Current subject is Yani's cheating *** though...

WHY YOU HAD TO DECEIVE ME!?!? :cry:

Impa debates are fun and interesting, at least, for the Impa supporters :awesome:

Y'all still need to tell me what you'll do when Impa gets confirmed. I'll be perma banned if Sheik comes back, but what YOU gonna do?

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh yeah those too! Maybe we'll see them as a downloadable Club Nintendo reward* :awesome:

edit - Reward :laugh:
Either way works. I want to play as them. Badly. Only Nintendo ones I'm missing. Besides the Four Swords Downloadable only game, and the CD-i games.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Current subject is Yani's cheating *** though...

WHY YOU HAD TO DECEIVE ME!?!? :cry:

Impa debates are fun and interesting, at least, for the Impa supporters :awesome:

Y'all still need to tell me what you'll do when Impa gets confirmed. I'll be perma banned if Sheik comes back, but what YOU gonna do?

:phone:
Yeah but most people, even those who support Impa, are plain tired of it.

And if Impa gets confirmed I ain't doing nothing, you'll notice I try not to actually get involved in the argument itself, all I do is try and change the subject. Bystanders don't have to do anything :awesome:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If Impa is confirmed then I will punch Luco in the face. YOU JUST GOT INVOLVED.
Not if i DODGE! *dodges*

:laugh:

Anyway, asage, it was actually about tingle from the 1 or so page/s I saw.

And... what are you getting so upset about? *is confused*

Also, I may be wrong here, but aren't you first and foremost a geno supporter Yani? I never hear you talk about that anymore, what happened?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If Impa's comfirmed, I will probably *insert explaination of how I will kill Diddy Kong here*.

I just want Vets to return, man... Young Link's got a kick-*** swaggar going on in OoT 3DS. I want more people to vote for him, so I'm really hoping for a Majora's Mask remake.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Impa is confirmed then I'm going to shoot the Vice President. (no one actually cares if you say Vice President. It's when you say President [sans Vice] is when you get in trouble. It like, slips through their word filters or something.)

D

Deleted member

If Impa is confirmed, but Sheik stays, I will do nothing.

If Impa is confirmed, but Sheik goes, I will track everyone down and murder them with a rusty spoon.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If Impa's comfirmed, I will probably *insert explaination of how I will kill Diddy Kong here*.
That actually reminded me of how this guy once suggested that if he ever did commit suicide, he'd do it a certain way:

Basically, he hates his boss. What he'd do, is stand on the edge of the top of the building, just above where his boss would have his conference meetings. He'd tie a short bungee rope to his legs, and from some anchor point or another, cheese rope going around his neck. He'd then glue his hands to his head, and fall forward.

Basically what is meant to happen is this:

As he falls off, the cheese rope severs his head from his body. He falls, and the bungee rope gets him to the point where he's just outside his boss' conference room window. Then, he hopes, the boss will get the BIGGEST fright when he sees this upside down, decapitated man whith his head held in his hands. :laugh:

Although it is a tad creepy. ;-P

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While it is on my mind, am I the only one who thinks this thing where you level up and upgrade your 3DS custom character and take it to battle on the Wii U sounds awfully similar to what they did on the GBC/N64 versions of Mario Tennis? Just like Sm4sh is promising, GBC Mario Tennis has it where you train/level up your character RPG style and transfer them to the N64 version to play them on it.

Does anyone think so too?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That actually reminded me of how this guy once suggested that if he ever did commit suicide, he'd do it a certain way:

Basically, he hates his boss. What he'd do, is stand on the edge of the top of the building, just above where his boss would have his conference meetings. He'd tie a short bungee rope to his legs, and from some anchor point or another, cheese rope going around his neck. He'd then glue his hands to his head, and fall forward.

Basically what is meant to happen is this:

As he falls off, the cheese rope severs his head from his body. He falls, and the bungee rope gets him to the point where he's just outside his boss' conference room window. Then, he hopes, the boss will get the BIGGEST fright when he sees this upside down, decapitated man whith his head held in his hands. :laugh:

Although it is a tad creepy. ;-P
I'm going to be fully honest. This is how evil I am: I can't stop laughing at this :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom