• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Wario Bros.: It was the first thing I thought of. In fact, that's the first suggestion I often see.

Not how I prefer to do it, as I don't want the ability to get supremely good stats. I want a balanced list of points that you can change around. Not too strong, not too weak.

Like you have 100 Points and 5 categories, or something like that.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If Impa is confirmed, but Sheik stays, I will do nothing.

If Impa is confirmed, but Sheik goes, I will track everyone down and murder them with a rusty spoon.
Not if i DODGE! *dodges*

:-P

Umm, i'm not sure, I only played the GB version of tennis, and mario was the referee (or was he? I can't remember), not a player.

Also I'm not sure how i feel about the whole customisation Idea. At first glance, it seems great and all, but then it'd be worthless if everyone just ended up fighting with lvl 100 characters or whatever the cap would be. It wouldn't allow for proper tournaments because of overpowered people who play 24/7 and could ruin smash's competitive scene. I dunno, it just seems like fighting games do better without the levelling system. They are, indeed, games based on skill, which is good for newer players who don't want the tedious hours of levelling or upgrading or whatever just so they can go to regionals.

Unless they have something to make it work, perhaps? If they do that kind of thing, I sincerely hope they can balance it out..... That goes for anything like this, btw.

also asage, thats ok. This guy intended for it to be funny, and my brother and I both laughed at it too. It's not like he's actually going to do it, it's just a hypothetical situation. ^^

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Luco Instead of leveling, just take my idea that I posted awhile back. One body forme, and collection of clothing, eye color, and the such. After making your character, you can teach him moves that other characters know, and change them up a little bit. It's a mixture of Miis and Kirby 64's copy system.

Ok, I'm off. See ya'll later.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@Luco Instead of leveling, just take my idea that I posted awhile back. One body forme, and collection of clothing, eye color, and the such. After making your character, you can teach him moves that other characters know, and change them up a little bit. It's a mixture of Miis and Kirby 64's copy system.
Yeah, kind of, still, it's be a *really* hard balancing act, especially since it's a completely new Idea and he's not very likely to get it right the first time. What if you decide on Meta knight's specials and Snake's Smashes? *scary*

yani

Smash Lord
@Luco I'm a proud Geno supporter, but there isn't much to discuss anymore :(. I'm aware he has slim chances and a lot of people here prefer Jr/Toad..or at least expecting them, so I don't feel the need to discuss him. He's my most wanted though

:phone:

yani

Smash Lord
:laugh:. Well Shortie posted his drawing of a Geno Kirby hat a few pages back which was great. There's also some sweet hacks on Youtube :awesome:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Out of the selection of "surprise" series below select one you would enjoy the most.

Chibi-Robo
For the Frogs The Bells Toll
Muddy Mole
Magical Starsign
Tomato Adventure
Startropics

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Chibi Robo. But I'd like Sakurai to look at series that weren't heavily popular. Those obscure ones as is. That could make it much more interesting than obvious stuff. Let's be honest, how many expected R.O.B. of all people? I want more stuff like him.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I don't know some of them but probably....

I dunno. :-P

Yeah, I'm still waiting for shortie to review my ros- I didn't say anything. :glare::glare::glare::glare:

Also, I don't mind that Oasis. :-P

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't want to talk to you anymore.

What is something Lucas would say in an over-the-top Australian accent.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Speaking of For the Frog the Bells Toll. With the 3DS having its Gameboy VC I wonder if the Western libraries will get a chance to have this game translated? Probably not as Nintendo would probably not want to translate too much text, but you never know.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Metal: And now that we're at that:

GIVE US THE ****ING BONUS POINTS BACK!

/Remember the bonuses you got when you defeated your enemies this way or that way, First Hit, Triple KO, Star KO, PKMN KO, Switzerland, etc/
Technically bonus points are still in Brawl like in Melee. However, this isn't bonus mode in Brawl. I would like to see Bonus Mode return, but made less random (speaking of which, coin mode is EXTREMELY RANDOM!!!).

@ Psyhco
The Eggplant Wizard still looks the same.... which is fine. :awesome: He would make a fun boss, regardless. :cool:
I'm gonna be completely honest: I would squeal with joy if ANY of the Melee clones came back
I would love to play as a de-cloned Pichu if it was the ultimate gamble character. I think a Pichu that could get killed easily and kill easily would be one of the most "fun" characters ever, and would add a sense of pure gambling back into smash. Sure, you could argue Lucario is a gamble character, but his sense of gambling comes at the end of a stock. Jigglypuff has a "gamble" move in her Rest, sure. And the Ice Climbers can be a "gamble" if you put Nana (or the computer Ice Climber) at risk. But a character that is purely a gamble would be brand new to the franchise.

On the flip side, I think Roy could definitely be original with a slice and dice/stab-based swordplay moveset. I think Roy could be a very interesting, flashy, and strong, quick, and deceptive character. Roy, if based off Fire Emblem 6, could really be a unique sword-wielding character, and wouldn't have to be a clone of Ike or Marth at all.
Atleast the new Event 51 in Brawl wasn't nearly as bad. I beat Melee's with all 26 characters. It was very difficult. :/
I once beat it with Link without losing a stock in under 100 seconds. I dodged several bomb-ombs thrown by Mewtwo and Ganondorf, 3 of which killed Giga Bowser! :laugh:
I agree with asage

That swagger-jackin' fat *** doesn't deserve to be at the top
Hey, don't talk about Impa that way, you might offend Diddy Kong... :awesome:
I liked DK64, but could never 100% it due to it having terrible mini games. Beaver Brother... My Lord.
Those mini-games were pretty easy. You just had to map out a strategy. Although they were pretty much just filler in a game with a lot of content.
Gosh, how did this whole Impa business and Sheik "not returning" came about? Man, who brought it up? :/
Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong, Diddy Kong, DIDDY KONG!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::awesome:

I'm beginning to agree with Golden, who suggested we ban Impa discussion. I vote we change it to something sillier and a less serious fanbase. Like Mike Tyson's carrier pigeon!

MIKE TYSON'S CARRIER PIGEON FOR SM4SH!!!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt is where it's at! It's the most famous and popular out of the whole Light Gun series. The Light Gun series was one of the major franchises for the NES... that series utilized the Zapper Light Gun... and which game is synonymous with the peripheral? Duck Hunt... and who is synonymous with Duck Hunt? The Hunting Dog! He would be a great addition to the roster... I can just see the dog fighting alongside the Ice Climbers and R.O.B. (Team Famicom!) :awesome:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well at least the Duck Hunt Dog is a humorous idea... although I would rather play as the Duck Hunt DUCKS!!! That or the Duck Hunt Hunter, especially if the Duck Hunt Hunter could shoot various members of PETA... :cool:

For realz, I still think whoever brought up Muddy Mole brought up a potential "genius" character. Seriously, think about that character for a second. That could be amazing. However, I still think Takamaru would be the best "pure retro" character choice at this point (since Little Mac is now both retro and modern).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
**** the pidgeon, I want Mike himself. INPREGNABLE DEFENCE!

Roy actually should use his sword like a broad sword, a lighter, two handed blade. A sort of watered down Ike. I wanted to say 'but with fire' but that's kinda ruined with Brawl.

I would like Roy, but don't see it happening.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Reason I don't suggest the ducks from Duck Hunt is because they don't have the right body type to function properly in a fighting game... so but the dog at least is capable of standing on two legs like a human and he is able to grab stuff with his front legs (he somehow have opposable thumbs).

My idea was that the dog would use the Duck Hunter for smash attacks and for special moves. How? Since he is a hunting dog and his job is to point at the ducks.... so, why not have the dog point fingers around... and the Duck Hunter shoots at the spot where the dog was pointing at.... the dog is breaking the fourth wall to fight! The Final Smash would have you play as the Duck Hunter... you have three shots (just like in the NES game)... while you don't see the Duck Hunter (because that's you), you get to see the NES Zapper appear from the front of the screen and it's pointing at the stage with the crosshairs... you aim the crosshairs around and shoot.

EDIT: The Miis can be the PETA members. :awesome: Mike Tyson won't be in Smash... but you can make a Mike Tyson Mii instead.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wasn't the Super Scope already a throw back to Duck Hunt?

No, I don't wanna make no Miis at all. What's the point in having Mike Tyson if he's gonna throw bowling balls as a form of attacking??

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, I didn't had one, but got Yoshi's Safari for SNES so... :( I did got Duck Hunt when I borrowed my older cousins NES back in the days, but the gun was busted...

I kinda have a thing against anything like those games now... :/ can't help it, T'WAS MY UNFINISHED YOUTH! :cry:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't believe what I just read. Super Scope should stay an item.

The NES Zapper has rarely showed up in actual media outside of advertisements. It did show up in Captain N: The Game Master.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I never said it shouldn't be an item no more, in fact, I think its one of the better items of Smash.

Even though items themselves suck...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Right... the NES Zapper needs love in Smash. We already have Ray Gun and Super Scope... so how can the Zapper be any different from them? Especially the Ray Gun? So why not get a character to represent the Light Gun series? Hunting Dog is ideal... he's a NES icon... infamous for his trolling laugh... synonymous with the NES Zapper... got more interesting moveset potential compared to the Wild Gunman, Mr. Stevenson (Gumshoe, US only, doesn't count), and Hogan's Alley got no characters.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Sorry to interrupt, i posted this on the ness thread, and thought I'd share it with you guys as well:

Man, this made me nostalgia. Back home, we used to have a butterfly garden near our house. I'd go there all the time, and butterflies would sit on you if you were still enough.
Why u no tell me this? *sad*

But in all seriousness that is beautiful. My old home was truly amazing. It was close to the city, but not too close. It borders a natural park and there are only 2 ways to get there: Boat, or climbing/walking down the escarpment. Our house is next to an old bridge that stretches over the lake, while the many trees that surround that house drape over it.(and our house too. You'd expect it to be damp and dark because of all the trees, but in truth it's extremely light and airy upstairs, even if the house is old and crazy in it's design. No 2 walls were the same length, you see. It was built a long time ago by a man that was related to the mafia, so it's said. The downstairs was originally a place where he kept stolen cars, apparently, before he tiled it and adapted it to a downstairs and lived in it. Nowadays the house is called the ghost house, mainly because of all the ghost stories associated with it, and indeed, i used to see some strange stuff. Everyone in my family has a ghost story to tell from that amazing home.)

The creek itself i'll get to in a moment, but it ran down to the 'north end', where the beach curves inward to the valley and back a bit. As you walk around the bend, there's a spot where the sand runs off through the undergrowth. If you follow it, you come to part of the forest, the sand carpeted by red and brown leaves. Here you can climb up the frail-looking, but strong trees and vines, and there's an old tree who's roots grow around the giant rock it is situated on and in to the soil beneath. Here the birds chirp occassionally, and it is a sleeping place for tawny frogmouths at the crux of the lazy summer afternoon, where it is so self contained, even with the carvings on more than a few rocks and trees that some have made during the annual new year's talent quest. It is so calm, so tranquil, and one of the highlights of my childhood.

And then there's the creek. Near the beach, it gets contaminated with sewerage, but further up, past the rocks, it gets much cleaner. You see, once you get past the gateway,- that is, the two cabbage trees who's leafy carriage blocks it from sight - you'll find the fire trail. This path extends before you in to the wild forest beyond, and is virtually unknown to outsiders, and even many residents (so of the 200 or so people that live there, only a fraction properly remember this place, and indeed, even I only found it by pure accident when I said (ironically, for I was young and had an eye for adventure) "I bet there's a secret path past these trees!" I looked, and indeed I did find the adventure I was looking for.

First this path takes you through knee high ferns that brush alongside you as you walk past and jump over the decaying log. Then you meet back up with the river, as the trees stretch up high, oh so high, and over you. You then see the smooth rocks, that are covered in moss, that rise gently out of the running, clean, pure water that washes around you and down to the deep blue (which is even better when it has just rains and there is no sewerage in the water). You walk further up, to the four mini beaches. Although getting to the 4th is an achievement, I consider the first the most beautiful and breathtaking. After going around rocks either on or to the side of the river, and climbing up and up, sand lies before you, perhaps the size of a small playground. The rocks protrude from this sand mostly to the side, where you can perch on them and eat lunch, and some from the middle or in various places around this little spectacular spot. A single, thick vine hangs down from the trees above, and can be sat on or swung on. Then you continue on, through various challenges and passing several caves, as you go up and up, past the beaches and on to the hillside, where the final spring rests. I cannot remember if the last place I had gotten up to before the hillside was it, or whether it was further, but this tranquil pool lies above the rest, where the water is sourced from deep, in an underwater spring. Then you realise the sun will be setting soon, and so head back the way you came in an effort to get back before dark.

So breathtaking, so amazing, one of the best experiences of my life, one I will never forget. Going there really is an adventure, exploring a new world, where, like this garden you speak of, the creatures will come to you, wild as they are, be it butterflies or wallabies. The flora grows free and untouched, and the water is cleaner, fresher and tastier than any i've drunk in a bottle.

In that place, I've left things, i've dreamed things, it's been wonsderful. That place, I will dearly miss, but never forget, and will always keep close to my heart (not least because I left a box there for a dragon once, and when I came back to it the gifts inside the box were taken, and the box itself scorched, I still believe in dragons to this day), and hope to visit whenever I can.

Haha, i'm rambling. Sorry for that, guys, just had to share that.
Anyway guys, I HAVE to go, library time has run out. I'll talk to y'all later. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Hunting Dog still has to compete with Mach Rider and Takamaru I think for the new retro spot. I think we might be getting two, but surely not all three.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mach Rider can be Captain Falcon's alternate costume. Boom! We got Takamaru and Hunting Dog left. Problem solved. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, am not opposed to the Dog actually, so I personally would be cool with that.

Though, wasn't it said that Sakurai would revive the next retro character to get in Smash? Like he did with Pit?

You think he'll make Duck Hunt then..?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai specified none. Although I'd say Takamaru is probably one of his first picks. But that depends if he changes his mind on the criteria or not.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well... look at how Kid Icarus Uprising plays... shooting moving targets with the stylus... that could work on a new Duck Hunt game. ;)

ZDEG

Smash Cadet
honestly....

i have a feeling this new smash bros game will go wayyyy to off base than its predecessors with this leveling system? I mean cmon now... is this super smash bros or is this freaking pokemon for crying out loud?! the only great advancement was from 64 to melee. Other than that... brawl is slow, looks great, but took out every perk the game before it had, not to mention terrible online play with random people.

the point i'm trying to make here is that, this guy has a high chance of turning this game into something that some would consider blasphemy...

if so, well I can honestly say i'll be looking into sticking to melee tournaments for however long those will last for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom