• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How about we don't talk about Impa vs. Sheik anymore?

It's the same **** over and over again, and no one's changed their sides about it.

I'd rather listen to 5th Gen. Pokemon arguments than listen to more of the same Impa vs. Sheik fights.

@Kuma: My point is you can't compare other situations and other games to counter arguments. Seeing as apparently, I'M not allowed to do that... :glare:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma: My point is you can't compare other situations and other games to counter arguments.
All I'm doing is showing that it has happened before. Just because it was Capcom that did it doesn't mean Nintendo won't do it or vice versa.

@Toise
I honestly think it's better than the other discussions as it's one we don't see very often.

@Everyone
Keep it light on the troll face smilies. They lose their effect when they're so damn obvious and overused.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
How about we don't talk about Impa vs. Sheik anymore?

It's the same **** over and over again, and no one's changed their sides about it.

I'd rather listen to 5th Gen. Pokemon arguments than listen to more of the same Impa vs. Sheik fights.

@Kuma: My point is you can't compare other situations and other games to counter arguments. Seeing as apparently, I'M not allowed to do that... :glare:
Agreed, the Impa vs Sheik arguments are starting to get annoying now the 5th gen Pokemon arguments are even worse though.

D

Deleted member

All I'm doing is showing that it has happened before. Just because it was Capcom that did it doesn't mean Nintendo won't do it or vice versa.
Again, Sakurai isn't Nintendo. I don't know why people always say "Nintendo" as if they were in charge of decisions. It's Sakurai himself. It's always BEEN Sakurai.

Sakurai hates to cut. Why would he cut a character he has worked with for two games now for another character just because of "relevance"?

Pichu was intended to be cut, because he supposedly regretting adding him in as a joke.
Young Link was intended to be replaced by a newer younger Link (Toon Link).
Mewtwo, Roy and Dr. Mario were victims of time issues and priority issues.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The planned characters? You fail to see how a character in unique because there are things that COULD have happened that could have been the same? That doesn't mean anything. They didn't get in. Zelda/Sheik is still unique in the game, and its possible that the hypothetical characters could have been unique too. You're just grasping at straws there.

And so what if Sheik wasn't from Melee? She's still very well known through Smash. Heck, I'd venture to say that all of Fire Emblem's fame, at least in the west, comes completely from Smash and that was Melee and beyond. Its the lesser known stuff that thrives in Smash, and its the lesser known characters that are big in it even if the major ones are the draws.

Also I don't care about your bets. The SS design of Impa's probably never going to show up again, so she's in the same boat too. Why even bother with something less popular that may not even be relevant given Zelda Wii U?

EDIT:
@Kuma: Megaman's a whole other boat. I'd say he's sort of closer to Fox or maybe even DK really.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
When Uprising is released we will probably have Kid Icarus arguments and bickering too. We will probably get back to Fire Emblem fighting when FE13 is releaed in April.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Let me ask you this, Pieman. What if Skyward Sword is the start of more recurring and more prominent roles for Impa. What then?

D

Deleted member

The planned characters? You fail to see how a character in unique because there are things that COULD have happened that could have been the same? That doesn't mean anything. They didn't get in. Zelda/Sheik is still unique in the game, and its possible that the hypothetical characters could have been unique too. You're just grasping at straws there?
This is true to a degree. Diddy and Dixie were planned as a tag-team, but we don't know how it would've worked. Presumably like in DKC2 where both are together, and Down-Special switches which Kong is in the lead.
Toon Zelda/Sheik was to be the same as regular Zelda/Sheik. Sakurai said that "as a rule" Toon Link shares Link's specials. It wouldn't have been different for Toon Zelda.

D

Deleted member

Let me ask you this, Pieman. What if Skyward Sword is the start of more recurring and more prominent roles for Impa. What then?
Let me ask you this, Kuma. What if after Skyward Sword, Impa DOES return, but is old or husky again? What then?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well, IF we somehow kept the
young
Impa, then I'd say it would be a distinct possibility. It'd probably be a Smash 5 thing though logistically speaking. Impa as of now though is about as consistent as....um...Cid from Final Fantasy I guess.

D

Deleted member

Just because you like something or want something doesn't mean you have to shove it down our throats. Especially since we don't agree with it.

I frigging want Shake King in Smash, but you don't see me trying to convince others here that he should be in or continously turning every unrelated topic into a "Shake King must be in Sm4sh" topic while repeating the same biased points, do you?

EDIT: Here's a better point; I want Waluigi. People here HATE Waluigi and the idea of him in Sm4sh. So instead of hopelessly trying to fight for why he's a good choice and why he should be in, I keep it to myself. Saves me about a million heated arguments.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, IF we somehow kept the young Impa, then I'd say it would be a distinct possibility. It'd probably be a Smash 5 thing though logistically speaking. Impa as of now though is about as consistent as....um...Cid from Final Fantasy I guess.
Impa is about as consistent in appearing as Tingle and the Running Man, though Tingle has not had a formal appearance in a Zelda game since Minish Cap. However, Impa has only showed up as a young woman twice in the series.

I think if there are future plans for Impa, Aonuma will likely tell Sakurai about them when he comes to him about designs for the Zelda characters for Smash 4 (and we do know for sure that Sakurai went to the Zelda team for Zelda character designs in Brawl). We actually inadvertently got Sheik and Ganondorf confirmed for Brawl by some comments from Aonuma about his team giving their designs to Sakurai.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Just because you like something or want something doesn't mean you have to shove it down our throats. Especially since we don't agree with it.

I frigging want Shake King in Smash, but you don't see me trying to convince others here that he should be in or continously turning every unrelated topic into a "Shake King must be in Sm4sh" topic while repeating the same biased points, do you?
QFT

:phone:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Impa is about as consistent in appearing as Tingle and the Running Man, though Tingle has not had a formal appearance in a Zelda game since Minish Cap. However, Impa has only showed up as a young woman twice in the series.
Tingle actually is somewhat consistent compared to Impa. We never had a giant fat Tingle or a shriveled old Tingle anyways.

I guess they are going to have to go back to the Zelda team at least for Ganondorf though. No real questioning that.

D

Deleted member

Or, Sakurai could just go back to the Melee/OoT designs for the characters, seeing as OoT3D is also recent.

EDIT: Or keep the Twilight Princess look like in the Wii U clip.
After all, Ganondorf in Melee was designed from the Space World tech demo, so why couldn't this new Wii U tech demo be used to keep the TP designs?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I guess they are going to have to go back to the Zelda team at least for Ganondorf though. No real questioning that.
Wasn't Zelda Wii U confirmed to be in development? If so then I wouldn't be surprised if some character designs came from that game.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wasn't Zelda Wii U confirmed to be in development? If so then I wouldn't be surprised if some character designs came from that game.
I am pretty sure Aonuma said the next Zelda game would be an original game for the 3DS. I am curious about what kind of Link will be used in it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Considering Link will almost certainly be in the debut trailer, we will have a much better handle on what designs will be used for Zelda once we see Link's design.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Or they could just come up with their own designs similar to the SF and KI series were handled in Brawl.

Either way, their designs shouldn't be a problem.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I am pretty sure Aonuma said the next Zelda game would be an original game for the 3DS. I am curious about what kind of Link will be used in it.
I think he just said that the next hanheld Zelda would be an original game rather than a renake. But I could be wrong

yani

Smash Lord
Mario Galaxy was in development. No content whatsoever aside from a mention in the Chronicles thing. :I
We're talking about character designs though. Mario got a Brawlified look, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Zelda has a few different designs, and the Wii-U tech demo was TP style. They have hinted that we won't see another SS graphic type game again, so we can assume we'll see TP style Wii-U because Ninty wants to show off their graphics to da max

Personally, I love the title Super Smash Brothers Universe.
Me too.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. We Ran Out of Synonyms for "Fight" That Didn't Sound Overdone or Lame.

Alternatively: Dairantou Smash Brothers XXX

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mario Galaxy was in development. No content whatsoever aside from a mention in the Chronicles thing. :I
Which is exactly why its not unlikely at all to have Skyward Sword content and characters in. Same thing happening now with Zelda Wii U.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Super Smash Bros.: Struggle of the 3 Dimensions - Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda Collide!

(3DS version name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom