• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Black Knight is a wet dream but I'd rather have Lyn over Micaiah or Caeda. The next Fire Emblem game is going to be either original , Sequel or Prequel to Radiant Dawn ( I hope it's a Prequel that Stars Zelgius and Greil) or a Remake....
You meant prequel to PoR righ?t, Greil died before Dawn >_<

Anyway Lyn is good, but would feel a bit like Marth, I'd rather see a different class character like Hector or Caeda, but Lyn would work.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
You meant prequel to PoR righ?t, Greil died before Dawn >_<

Anyway Lyn is good, but would feel a bit like Marth, I'd rather see a different class character like Hector or Caeda, but Lyn would work.
yea that what I meant xD.

About Lyn she is going to be Like a Sword Master so fast and going to use bows. what we really need is a fast paced character and make Marth a character with medium strenght and speed and make Ike the slow and strong guy which will fit him better if he was a in the RD form.

•Col•

Smash Champion
What I'm saying basing a tage team of Micaiah and sothe from this CG .
This is what I've been saying for the past 2 years.... D:

They could be really interesting... And instead of making them work individually like the Ice Climbers do, just have them stand next to eachother and have a single giant hitbox...

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
So would it temporarly show Micaiah as she does the B moveset, and instantly changes back to Sothe? Or would you like a Samus/ZSS or Shiek/Zelda more?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Alright now I'm really curious.

How many people here has ACTUALLY played Joy Mech Fight?
Me. I love it. :3

EVEN THOUGH I CAN'T BEAT IT. U3U

By the way, it had the most playable characters in a fighting game (36) for about five years. This was an NES game, lol.

Also, because it was limited by the NES's controls, many of the special moves had variations to them. I think this would be a nice spin (LOLOLOL) on Sukapon. To set himself apart from the rest of the cast, his moves could have lots of variations to them. Such a moveset could really psyche out your opponent, as they may know what move you're going to use, but not how you'll use it.

•Col•

Smash Champion
So would it temporarly show Micaiah as she does the B moveset, and instantly changes back to Sothe? Or would you like a Samus/ZSS or Shiek/Zelda more?
Ew no... Have them on the field at the same time... Just make them one big thing like I already said so that they cant be desynced and can have different animations...

So just as an example, for down smash, they would attack at the same time. Michaiah would use a magical *****-slap on one side(think Zelda ftilt), and Sothe would do an upward slash with his dagger on the other side(think 1st hit of Pit's dsmash).

•Col•

Smash Champion
I liked what Colaya was saying. Based off of what you're saying, have her in the background like PT, and summon her power during B attacks. Where as only Sothe can be attacked.
Oh. I wasn't saying that... But that actually sounds really interesting...

I could picture Micaiah standing in the backround using Light spells to attack enemies... Would be cool.

EDIT: Thought you said the background thing was my idea. Misunderstood.

OmegaXXII

Macaiah & Sothe looks like an interesting suggestion, I may add to my roster, does anybody have any movesets for them?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
It's in consideration but not confirmed as of yet, take a look at this:

http://m.ign.com/articles/1174797

I really hope to see either Ryu or Megaman, it will be awesome!
Please disregard that ign article. That is called begging the question. The hack reported isn't a Nintendo fan. He is a Capcom fanboy who has no right to interview Sakurai. Telling people 2 characters from Capcom should be in the game???? Of course Sakurai said it isn't out of the realm of possibility. Hardly anything is at this point. I wish a legitimate news source interviewed Sakurai instead.

Edit: Also... Ryu????? Really? Out of all of the third party options, people want Ryu? Hell, he's uninteresting compared to the MVC3 roster which was pretty damn boring. He has seen enough fighting games. Let's make room for fitting characters that aren't lame as hell, please.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Oh haha sorry Colaya. Either way, I like both of our suggestions :D
It'd be cool if went to the game's roots and did a cutscene like CF's and did the Rex Aura idea like Ike suggested. Maybe even sothe slashing rapidly at the same time? or overkill? maybe limit it to one person

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Oh haha sorry Colaya. Either way, I like both of our suggestions :D
It'd be cool if went to the game's roots and did a cutscene like CF's and did the Rex Aura idea like Ike suggested. Maybe even sothe slashing rapidly at the same time? or overkill? maybe limit it to one person
or do something Original like Ike casting Bolganone through Ragnell make Sothe cast Rex Aura :D.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
A while back, I was trying to think of characters who'd work in a Dr. Mario style clone way for Zelda/Sheik, and the only thing I could think of was Micaiah and Sothe. :V

Of course Sothe doesn't really fit Sheik all that well.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Something to keep in mind about Radiant Dawn. It was one of the two worst-selling Fire Emblem games in Japan (the other being Path of Radiance). I highly doubt that Intelligent Systems is going to want to place in a second character to the worst-selling Fire Emblem arc in the entire series.

OmegaXXII

Edit: Also... Ryu????? Really? Out of all of the third party options, people want Ryu? Hell, he's uninteresting compared to the MVC3 roster which was pretty damn boring. He has seen enough fighting games. Let's make room for fitting characters that aren't lame as hell, please.
Because if you think about it, aside from Megaman, Ryu is probably the only other 3rd party to have a chance, even if he's been overused a bit, but I do agree that a lesser character should be given some light instead.

Well I definitely want Roy back, clone or not. I want that Roy vs Ike fight (I used to semi-main Roy).
What's the deal between Roy and Ike anyway? Is it because Roy is just as 'powerful' as Ike?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Because if you think about it, aside from Megaman, Ryu is probably the only other 3rd party to have a chance, even if he's been overused a bit, but I do agree that a lesser character should be given some light instead.
His whole "seek stronger opponents" motif is his ticket to go anywhere.

I much rather have Megaman. Nothing against Ryu, but he's becoming tad shallow. :p

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well I definitely want Roy back, clone or not. I want that Roy vs Ike fight (I used to semi-main Roy).
Roy was among the last of the Forbidden 7 to be cut (the other being Mewtwo).

If Roy was in Brawl he would have probably been Luigi-fied, with his specials operatiing differently from Marths and having several unique A-moves (like how Ganondorf and Falco were Luigi-fied). Also, Martth's neutral-B changing to a forward stab is curious.

D

Deleted member

ChronoBound said:
I rather have the guy in my signature back....

Roy's Our Boy!
If we were discussing this in 2008 where I had a hard time getting over character removals, I would agree. Nowadays, I'm not sure why you would want Roy back, even thought he was clearly an inferior clone of Marth in Melee and was marketed purely for advertisement purposes.

For Fire Emblem rep, although I'm not sure on us getting one, my choices are one of {Lyn, Micaich, Caeda}.
OmegaXVII said:
I wouldn't say the only third-party character to have a chance, just the only ones I can easily see getting in. Other possible (But somewhat unlikely) candidates are Ryu Haybusa, Slime, and Travis Touchdown.

I would much prefer Mega Man over Ryu.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
His whole "seek stronger opponents" motif is his ticket to go anywhere.

I much rather have Megaman. Nothing against Ryu, but he's becoming tad shallow. :p
Protoman would be cooooler. Or Bass... Or Zero... Felicia... Lillith... There are other Capcom games besides Megaman and Street fighter.

@Above, you have said "thought" instead of "though" like, 40 times.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If we were discussing this in 2008 where I had a hard time getting over character removals, I would agree. Nowadays, I'm not sure why you would want Roy back, even thought he was clearly an inferior clone of Marth in Melee and was marketed purely for advertisement purposes.
I like Roy primarily because he was one of my mains in Melee (the other being Samus). Roy was also the character that got me into Fire Emblem, and FE6 (the one with Roy) is among my favorite games in the Fire Emblem series (with the only one I like more being Thracia 776/FE5).

OmegaXXII

For Fire Emblem rep, although I'm not sure on us getting one, my choices are one of {Lyn, Micaich, Caeda}.I wouldn't say the only third-party character to have a chance, just the only ones I can easily see getting in. Other possible (But somewhat unlikely) candidates are Ryu Haybusa, Slime, and Travis Touchdown.
Aw shucks, I completly forgot about them.

I could see Slime and Ryu Haybusa, but why Travis Touchdown?

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I like Roy primarily because he was one of my mains in Melee (the other being Samus). Roy was also the character that got me into Fire Emblem, and FE6 (the one with Roy) is among my favorite games in the Fire Emblem series (with the only one I like more being Thracia 776/FE5).
My favorite Fire Emblem games are the Tellius arc > FE6/7=FE4/5=FE11(1)/12 (3)

D

Deleted member

Aw shucks, I completly forgot about them.

I could see Slime and Ryu Haybusa, but why Travis Touchdown?
Remember that I said that they were unlikely, so I'm implying they're more likely then other candidates, but their chances still aren't good. Now for why I picked Travis Touchdown as one of the least unlikely after Mega Man and Ryu from Street Fighter is because all of his games have appeared on Nintendo platforms and that Suda 51 wants to see him in SSB4. While I don't think Travis Touchdown is going to be green lighted, it doesn't mean he won't try to get him in as a playable character.

OmegaXXII

Well looking at it that way Travis would 'at least' be a lesser 3rd party to get some much needed light, but I guess since Ryu from SF has a bigger chance I guess it's inconclusive.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Agreed I want someone Like this (the blue guy Samurott) xD

Image displaying Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott.

Blue = Link

Red = Ganon

Green= Zelda
I did hear about those references myself.

Anyway, I did state having Emboar in the fray. It would be a super heavyweight, rivaling Donkey Kong's weight, and feature powerful offensive moves. However, it would also be slow, which balances it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom