• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So who was everybody's favorite character inclusion in Brawl?

I know mine were Pit, Pokemon Trainer and Sonic.
My favorite Brawl newcomers to play with are:

- Toon Link (and I won't lose sleep if he was cut in SSB4)
- R.O.B.
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede
- Olimar
- Pokemon Trainer (and I won't be upset if they were replaced with new starters in SSB4)
- Lucas

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
My favorite Brawl newcomers to play with are:

- Toon Link (and I won't lose sleep if he was cut in SSB4)
- R.O.B.
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede
- Olimar
- Pokemon Trainer (and I won't be upset if they were replaced with new starters in SSB4)
- Lucas
Pokemon Trainer being B/W trainer and have the final evolution of all the Starters.

They couldn't protray the 3 properties of SSB in Kanto starter because they all look heavy and big while the new starters have it obvious where Serperior is fast and Emboar is Strong and slow and Samurott in the middle.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pokemon Trainer being B/W trainer and have the final evolution of all the Starters.

They couldn't protray the 3 properties of SSB in Kanto starter because they all look heavy and big while the new starters have it obvious where Serperior is fast and Emboar is Strong and slow and Samurott in the middle.
Serperior doesn't even have any legs, which is why I never saw it being a possible candidate. Its pre-evolutions are another story though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Serperior doesn't even have any legs, which is why I never saw it being a possible candidate. Its pre-evolutions are another story though.
R.O.B. doesn't have legs, either. And Serperior could use vines to substitute for "arms". It worked for Ivysaur.

Let's see... Serperior is 10'10" and 138.9 lbs. Emboar is 5'03" and 330.7 lbs. Samurott is 4'11" and 208.6 lbs. Serperior isn't too big when you remember that 10'10" would apply to Serperior's length, not height.

I am thinking that Emboar would be about as big as Charizard, Samurott would be about as big as Ivysaur, and Serperior would be about as tall as Squirtle and approximately the length of Ridley's tail in Brawl.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I disagree. ROB has no legs, they made him work. There are literally no set requirements that can't be broken. Many people thought that being a Nintendo character was a requirement, but then Brawl came along. I don't like Serperior, but if Sakurai wanted him to work, he would make him work.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Aw shucks, I completly forgot about them.

I could see Slime and Ryu Haybusa, but why Travis Touchdown?
Why Travis Touchdown? Well, I think the only reason people think he has a good chance of getting in SSB4 is because Suda said he would like to see Travis in the next Smash Bros. game and Suda is apparently friends with Sakurai. Personally, I don't think Travis deserves to be in Smash yet... he hasn't earned that privilege like Sonic, Mega Man, Snake, Simon Belmont, Slime, Bomberman, Pac-Man, Ryu (Street Fighter, not Breath of Fire, unfortunately), Chocobo, possibly even Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) and the Prince of Persia.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I disagree. ROB has no legs, they made him work. There are literally no set requirements that can't be broken. Many people thought that being a Nintendo character was a requirement, but then Brawl came along. I don't like Serperior, but if Sakurai wanted him to work, he would make him work.
The Pokemon Trainer still shouldn't utilize three fully evolved starters. At least each starter stage should be represented. For an example...

Servine + Emboar + Oshawott = Doable

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Don't forget Ivysaur. If you had asked me pre-Brawl that Ivysaur would have been a playable fighter I would have laughed and said you were crazy. Fun fact, he never uses any of his limbs to attack.

D

Deleted member

Arcadenik said:
Why Travis Touchdown? Well, I think the only reason people think he has a good chance of getting in SSB4 is because Suda said he would like to see Travis in the next Smash Bros. game and Suda is apparently friends with Sakurai. Personally, I don't think Travis deserves to be in Smash yet... he hasn't earned that privilege like Sonic, Mega Man, Snake, Simon Belmont, Slime, Bomberman, Pac-Man, Ryu (Street Fighter, not Breath of Fire, unfortunately), Chocobo, possibly even Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) and the Prince of Persia.
Technically, no one that is third-party deserves to be in except Sonic, Snake, or Mega Man. Never really acknowledged that Travis had much of a chance, but he would still be a cool addition and I wouldn't mind seeing him in because if Suda 51 wants to try to get him in, he can.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Don't forget Ivysaur. If you had asked me pre-Brawl that Ivysaur would have been a playable fighter I would have laughed and said you were crazy. Fun fact, he never uses any of his limbs to attack.
So true... I even remember saying that Charizard should not get in SSB3 over the other starters. I mean, why should Charizard get in Smash over Squirtle, Blastoise, Bulbasaur, Venusaur, Blaziken, Meganium, etc., you know? But here comes the Pokemon Trainer in Brawl and what do we get? A playable Charizard BUT with a playable Squirtle and a playable Ivysaur as well. It was more appropriate that way. All the starters are equal in importance but not equal in popularity.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Heck when I noticed Greil with Hero, I just knew I had to play as him, and I ultimetly did.

Smash needs SSE to be less focused on and more on stages like hazards, hitboxes, characters etc..

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Technically, no one that is third-party deserves to be in except Sonic, Snake, or Mega Man. Never really acknowledged that Travis had much of a chance, but he would still be a cool addition and I wouldn't mind seeing him in because if Suda 51 wants to try to get him in, he can.
I'm still pretty much disturbed that Solid Snake was in Brawl. I can understand why he was in there, but it just doesn't look right to have someone from an M-rated series to be in Smash Bros..

At least Snake was limited to using only explosives. Ironically, the Star Fox characters utilize blasters which resemble firearms.

D

Deleted member

I'm still pretty much disturbed that Solid Snake was in Brawl. I can understand why he was in there, but it just doesn't look right to have someone from an M-rated series to be in Smash Bros..

At least Snake was limited to using only explosives. Ironically, the Star Fox characters utilize blasters which resemble firearms.
I think blasters were used because they are less realistic then firearms.

@OmegaXVII: That's what we have the 3DS version for and that's why I don't think we'll be seeing something on the scale of SSE on the Wii-U.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think blasters were used because they are less realistic then firearms.
Yeah at least the blasters fire lasers instead of actual bullets. Solid Snake has been known for using firearms in the Metal Gear titles, which would've been very bad for Smash Bros. if the developers didn't adjust his weapon usage.

Remember that Smash Bros. is NOT Mortal Kombat violent.

OmegaXXII

Tell that to Kojima, he knew Smash didn't have mature looking characters, much less M- Rated ones, I guess Kojima just wanted to see Snake alongside Mario for comical purposes, of course not to be taken seriously, but to distance himself from his rating, I guess he got the 'lighter' weapons as opposed to Fox who is already somewhat cartoonish.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
and if you get shot with a blaster it doesn't cause blood to spurt out haha.
In SSB64, if you got shot with a raygun, it shocked you and showed your skeleton, I think that'd be a cool animation to bring back :D
also that it was awesome Snake was in, favourite character, and it was a WTF moment.
Regardless of who it is, I still think FE should have a 3rd rep, with Ike still being in it. But again, disregarding remakes, PoR:RD is the newest FE. And I like the tag team Sothe/Micaiah we've thought of.

I'd love for Travis Touchdown to get in, but his game his legit hardcore violence. I guess he'd incorporate his laser sword and wrestling moves. Maybe his FS a slot winning attack?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Idk Where to go,but Im new here so...... Good Evening
Basically, you make conversations relating to Smash Bros. Wii U. The discussions can range from rosters, items, stages, and so forth.

This is the place to go to discuss Smash Bros. Wii U, as it's currently against the rules to create Smash Bros. Wii U threads.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Super Smash Bros. rocks in general so all characters in the new ssb are fine by me
Just be careful about what you discuss. And remember that not everyone is going to agree with your opinions.

Can someone tell me the basic rules of this site plz?i didnt mean to double post
The Smash Boards is basically the place to discuss Smash Bros. related topics. When making posts, try not to look like an idiot. Also, do not make senseless threads, and avoid using vulgar language; there are kids reading this stuff.

Lastly, restrain yourself from double posting. If no one has posted after you, edit your newest post if you have more things to mention.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
I think the new SSB wont bring back characters from old games(other than the ones already there),but they will probably put in Ridley. To be honest,i think he'll be a clone of meta-knight. His moveset will differ like Ganon's and Falcon's does

OmegaXXII

Ridley stands a much greater chance no doubt, I still would love to see Ridley withsome of the ideas I've seen so far, like Meta-Ridley for example.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Sothe and Micaiah tag team specials moveset.

Normal B : Rex Aura(fully charged) Valaura (not fully charged) Thani (not charged) Chargeable and it hit the target that Sothe throws the Knife at.

Down B : Fast counter.

Up B : same as Wave Dash.

Side B : Fox Side B but with different effect.

Final Smash : Micaiah heals Sothe and Sothe regain his health so fast.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think the new SSB wont bring back characters from old games(other than the ones already there),but they will probably put in Ridley. To be honest,i think he'll be a clone of meta-knight. His moveset will differ like Ganon's and Falcon's does
Clone of Meta Knight? Who, Ridley? The space dragon without a sword? That's a bit baffling.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ridley stands a much greater chance no doubt, I still would love to see Ridley withsome of the ideas I've seen so far, like Meta-Ridley for example.
Well I did mention Meta Ridley being Ridley's alternate outfit. Omega Ridley would probably be a Final Smash move.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Clone of Meta Knight? Who, Ridley? The space dragon without a sword? That's a bit baffling.
Um,iknow im not the only one seeing Ridley as Meta-knight's clone. I bet he'll use his claws like how Mk uses him sword,accept he'll be more heavyer like......well like Ganon is to Falcon

OmegaXXII

Ridley being a Meta-Knight clone?? It doesn't make sense.

Well I did mention Meta Ridley being Ridley's alternate outfit. Omega Ridley would probably be a Final Smash move.
Key word: Omega!! Yea!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom