• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
OK THEN!Just forget I said anything about Ridley
Oh dear. A new guy. This won't end well. Anyways Mr. V Avatar Person. If Ryu makes it into SSB4 I will burn my Iron Maiden album collection. I don't know what kind of psycho would WANT Ryu to be in Smash much less think he is MOST LIKELY. Aside from Capcom fanboys of course. I think anyone who prefers Capcom or any other company to Nintendo already has a warped view of character inclusion, just like the IGN reporter.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hey guys, guess what's here again? That's right, stage number 5! I'm going with an idea that has more of a unique factor to it.

Coming straight from Donkey Kong Country Returns is the monochrome Sunset Shore! What is it about this stage that will be so unique? Here is the secret, just as Donkey Kong becomes a silhouette who's only source of color is the clothing on him. The same effect will be applied to every character within the stage! Examples; only Mario's overalls and hat will have color, Link's tunic, Pit's gold bracers, Samus' visor, Sonic's shoes, etc... Unfortunately Mr. Game and Watch won't see much change...

The stage itself will take place on a boardwalk with platforms on stilts that you hit to pop up. The stage itself will be a little bare basic, but the charm is in the design effects.

Stage example [the periods are only for spacing out how the platforms would be arranged]:
_.............._
....-...-...-...
--------------

Stage Name: Sunset Shore
Icon: Dk Symbol

Donkey Kong Country Returns - Sunset Shore
Donkey Kong Country Returns - King of Cling
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Forest Frenzy
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Rickety Rails
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Factory Friction
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Aquatic Ambience
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Life in the Mines
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Golden Temple
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Stickerbrush Symphony
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Forest Interlude
Donkey Kong Country 2 - Disco Train
Donkey Kong Country 3 - Rockface Rumble

So hopefully this stage concept jig I have going is catching on. More importantly hopefully everyone enjoys the latest idea!

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Im just going to ignore what that guy said.....Anyway,some ppl over the internet are posting pics that the new ssb instalment will be called Super Smash Bros. Strife.To be honest,I think its true.I really think Nintendo is trying to grow up. But I could have sworn this title would have been Ssb Rumble. Mabey it was to cheezy,......like Chester

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Sothe and Micaiah tag team specials moveset.

Normal B : Rex Aura(fully charged) Valaura (not fully charged) Thani (not charged) Chargeable and it hit the target that Sothe throws the Knife at.

Down B : Fast counter.

Up B : same as Wave Dash.

Side B : Fox Side B but with different effect.

Final Smash : Micaiah heals Sothe and Sothe regain his health so fast.
Hey I didn't forget!

This is a nice Sothe and Macaiah moveset, definetly better than anything that's Ice Climbers.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Oh dear. A new guy. This won't end well. Anyways Mr. V Avatar Person. If Ryu makes it into SSB4 I will burn my Iron Maiden album collection. I don't know what kind of psycho would WANT Ryu to be in Smash much less think he is MOST LIKELY. Aside from Capcom fanboys of course. I think anyone who prefers Capcom or any other company to Nintendo already has a warped view of character inclusion, just like the IGN reporter.
Do you really think Ryu is that bad of a character? I always thought of him as the runner up for a Capcom rep if Megaman didn't make it or next in line if Capcom somehow got two slots.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

reserk

Smash Cadet
Im just going to ignore what that guy said.....Anyway,some ppl over the internet are posting pics that the new ssb instalment will be called Super Smash Bros. Strife.To be honest,I think its true.I really think Nintendo is trying to grow up. But I could have sworn this title would have been Ssb Rumble. Mabey it was to cheezy,......like Chester
but the word "strife" is what got people thinking that cloud was going to be in it, which sounds stupid if you ask me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
For Ridley's Final Smash, I still like my Space Pirate ..Raid? idea. :p
Summoning a space pirate ship full of (obviously) space pirates and commanding them to attack is SO RIDLEY.

Also I love that stage idea~ Thought that was such a cool clip in the first trailer we saw.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmmm!!! I like that idea, Starphoenix. I think what won me over is how characters would become silhouettes with their clothes being visible.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Grow up ? Do you think Nintendo is a small company ? Nintendo is always steps ahead.

OmegaXXII

Heh, your rage towards Ryu makes me giggle inside.

But seriously, the guy is a bit overused which in a way makes him seem a bit overrated which IMO clearly ain't.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Starphoenix, I like your stage concepts! Keep it up, they are something interesting to read in this thread when I want to take a break from the character flame wars.

D

Deleted member

Hoots said:
Come on, give the new guy a chance.

Anyway, what about Ryu is so bad? Sure he's appeared in a fighting game, but it's obvious he has a ton of move set potentials.
Chris the Ripper said:
That rumor has already been confirmed false. As for names, I prefer Clash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
but the word "strife" is what got people thinking that cloud was going to be in it, which sounds stupid if you ask me.
Kinda like how some people thought Sora from Kingdom Hearts was gonna be in Brawl because Sora Ltd. was making Brawl, right? :awesome:

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Do you really think Ryu is that bad of a character? I always thought of him as the runner up for a Capcom rep if Megaman didn't make it or next in line if Capcom somehow got two slots.
Yes. I can't be the only one who thinks that Ryu is one of the most uninteresting video game characters ever. I don't care that he's the mascot of Street Fighter. Average dude in martial arts outfit. Is there anything REMOTELY close to that basic in Smash? The closest thing we have to that is Mario and he is an Italian Plumber with that shoots fireballs, has a water shooting backpack, and a stylish cape. ESPECIALLY compared to the rest of the possibilities that could be in Smash, Ryu would look so ridiculously plain. Even Little Mac would be more interesting than Ryu because he has his boxing/small size thing going for him. Blue Goku blasts and spinny kicks really don't cut it as far as I'm concerned.

To phoenix, awesome stage idea. As much as I would prefer my DK stages to be based on DKC2, that will never happen and the DKCR theme is LEAGUES better than Jungle Beat/DK Arcade. Plus the whole silhouette thing is really cool and your music sampling is nice, although I would dump in a lot more DKC2 songs, but im horribly biased. So there's that.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Expected, but it would be nice to see more evening stages in the game. The evening sky is always nice to see go down on a good day.
Arcadenik said:
Kinda like how some people thought Sora from Kingdom Hearts was gonna be in Brawl because Sora Ltd. was making Brawl, right?
If this is indication of anything, we're going to see a similar case a la Geno. It'll be either him, Cloud, or Phoenix Wright that gets all these requests, but simply won't make it. I guarantee it.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Yes. I can't be the only one who thinks that Ryu is one of the most uninteresting video game characters ever. I don't care that he's the mascot of Street Fighter. Average dude in martial arts outfit. Is there anything REMOTELY close to that basic in Smash? The closest thing we have to that is Mario and he is an Italian Plumber with that shoots fireballs, has a water shooting backpack, and a stylish cape. ESPECIALLY compared to the rest of the possibilities that could be in Smash, Ryu would look so ridiculously plain. Even Little Mac would be more interesting than Ryu because he has his boxing/small size thing going for him. Blue Goku blasts and spinny kicks really don't cut it as far as I'm concerned.

To phoenix, awesome stage idea. As much as I would prefer my DK stages to be based on DKC2, that will never happen and the DKCR theme is LEAGUES better than Jungle Beat/DK Arcade. Plus the whole silhouette thing is really cool and your music sampling is nice, although I would dump in a lot more DKC2 songs, but im horribly biased. So there's that.
Keep the hate for your self Ryu is one of the best characters out there.....

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Starphoenix, I notice that your Donkey Kong stage idea is your fifth stage idea... what are your other four stage ideas? I must have missed them or something...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Starphoenix, I notice that your Donkey Kong stage idea is your fifth stage idea... what are your other four stage ideas? I must have missed them or something...
Check out the link in my signature, I have profiled them into my blog. So far I have a Custom Robo, Earthbound, Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy and now Donkey Kong Country Returns stage concept.

@Starphoenix: I know that you already mentioned one Mine Cart BGM, but here's another one that sounds more intense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k82oVHzRRFA

And here's another version, which can be utilized for volcano-related stages.

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/5661
Actually I was looking for that one. Thanks.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Keep the hate for your self Ryu is one of the best characters out there.....
Really? Can SOMEONE please inform me how that guy is one of the best characters out there? I must be on crazy pills. I played SFIV and MVC3 and Ryu was the lamest character of both games, at least in my opinion.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Intersting DK stage idea. Reminds me of Flat Zone where the characters go all 2D on us.
Well I did have one Event Match idea in which the opponents were in silhouette form. It will be interesting to utilize a stage that makes players appear in silhouette form, though Mr. G&W would be unaffected.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Really? Can SOMEONE please inform me how that guy is one of the best characters out there? I must be on crazy pills. I played SFIV and MVC3 and Ryu was the lamest character of both games, at least in my opinion.
Your opinion is inferior in other people's perspective you can't force your opinion you can only share it....I can understand the hate for Ryu I personally hate Cloud Strife and he is very much favored over my favorite characters...so if you hate a character just hate him from you heart....and remember having a character you hate and a character you like in one fighting game doesn't mean it's a bad thing, just think about kicking the *** of the character you hate with your favorite character. :)

OmegaXXII

I think all of us or at least most support the idea of Ryu, obviously you aren't the only one against him, it's just that you're the only here is all.

Even if you think he's "lame", that won't stop Capcom if they decide whether to include Megaman or Ryu if such terms would come between Sora Ltd. and Capcom.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Your opinion is inferior in other people's perspective you can't force your opinion you can only share it....I can understand the hate for Ryu I personally hate Cloud Strife and he is very much favored over my favorite characters...so if you hate a character just hate him from you heart....and remember having a character you hate and a character you like in one fighting game doesn't mean it's a bad thing, just think about kicking the *** of the character you hate with your favorite character. :)
Personally, I don't really care about the Capcom 3rd parties. It's mostly the Sega and Square Enix 3rd parties that I have my eyes on, especially when you take into account that those companies have been involved with at least one Mario crossover.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Starphoenix, what about the naked characters? How would we see them in that Donkey Kong stage with the sunset? Yoshi, Kirby, and especially the Pokemon.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally, I don't really care about the Capcom 3rd parties. It's mostly the Sega and Square Enix 3rd parties that I have my eyes on, especially when you take into account that those companies have been involved with at least one Mario crossover.
What about Pac-Man? He, Ms. Pac-Man, and the ghosts was in Mario Kart arcade games. I think Pac-Man would be pretty fun to play with... he got limbs, too! He has them since the 1980's.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
An idea: All 5 gens can be represented by PT.

Gen V: The trainer himself, having the appearance of Black/Hilbert
Gen IV: Monferno
Gen III: Sceptile
Gen II: Totodile
Gen I: A new Final Smash, Mewtwo

Yes, instead of being a separate playable character, Mewtwo returns as a FS, allowing him to be as overpowered as he is in the original games.

Another idea: Female trainer from FR/LG should be in the background when playing as Jigglypuff (manga reference)

OmegaXXII

He's Namco material, while that idea is nice, I just think he isn't what he used to be, so many ****** up games.

Nonetheless you have to give the guy some credit, he is retro iconic character with a humorous look, but his chances IMO aren't all that great next to Megaman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom