• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pokemon Assistant Trophies? Yeah.. like I'll see Prof. Oak come out and lecture us on Pokemon.
(although that would be extremely bad@$$)
I wanna see Todd Snap come back... in Pokemon Snap 2 T_T

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pokeballs should be ATs
I wish they weren't.

ATTENTION SSB4 discussion group members! not backroomers.. Spydr is back, and would like to revive the thread. We would like your participation. Also, he asked about all the people who PMed him, and I told him to weed out the suckers before you add. The group works best when only the best of the best are in it. I did suggest a few of the Backroomers though.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I wish they weren't.

ATTENTION SSB4 discussion group members! not backroomers.. Spydr is back, and would like to revive the thread. We would like your participation. Also, he asked about all the people who PMed him, and I told him to weed out the suckers before you add. The group works best when only the best of the best are in it. I did suggest a few of the Backroomers though.
Which Backroomers?

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pokemon have a ton of Poke Balls.

Assist Trophies covers every other area. No reason to take away the only neat thing about the Assist Trophies, being summons from something NOT Pokemon.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I made a Poke Ball pokemon list. I have so far:
Jellicent (Male and Female do different things)
Terrakion, Verizion, and Cobalion (They do the same thing)
Emboar
Snivy
Dewott
Scrafty
Arceus
Lucario/Mewtwo/Pichu

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pokemon have a ton of Poke Balls.

Assist Trophies covers every other area. No reason to take away the only neat thing about the Assist Trophies, being summons from something NOT Pokemon.
Nothing is neat about a Pokeball knock off. I still say something like an Assist attack would be cool. Similar to MvC.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Pokémon: Audino
Ability: Heals whoever summons it for 25%.
Rarity: Common(in between Snorlax and Staryu)

Pokémon: Swoobat
Ability: Flies back and forth, throwing Air Cutters everywhere; occasionally drops explosive Shadow Ball
Rarity: Uncommon(rarer than Snorlax)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If we're talking Poke Ball ideas, a few more thoughts on this that I posted a while back would be nice.

Basically, you'd use Qwilfish as a club. You'd pick it up (like Bonsly), only by the tail. Basically, its move would be Toxic Spikes. You'd be able to hit the opponent similar to a Home Run Bat, only do less initial damage, but the opponent would then be clouded in a purple poisonous aura that would damage similar to the poison gas in the SSE. However, if the opponent attacks you while you're holding Qwilfish, he will drop off of you, and disappear by diving into the stage. The poison will keep damaging the foe until Qwilfish is removed.

But yeah, Oak or a Pokemon Ranger would be a nice Pokemon Assist Trophy.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Metal We know u do.

@PoppyBro Yeah, 25% would be good. But now, it's my turn to post MY pokeball ideas.

Pokemon: Jellicent
Rarity: Common
Effect (Males):
A blue Jellicent comes out, and will grab anyone who approachs him. He''ll wrap-hug them, so that they can't get away. Take that time to just pound on the opponent.
Effect (Females):
A pink Jellicent comes out, and spits Toxic thoughout the area around her. When an opponent gets caught in it, Jellicent uses Hex on them. They get dizzy, and you can then smash attack them, maybe finishing them.
Time:
Males (Before grab): 11 seconds. (After grab): 7 seconds.
Females (13 seconds)
~
Pokemon: Scrafty
Rarity: Uncommon
Effect: He fights, using headbutts, kicks, and Sludge Bombs. Fights like some assistant characters. His Sludge Bombs make opponents drop straight down from the sky.
Headbutts: DMG: 7%. Kicks: DMG: 8%. Sludge Bombs: DMG: 5% on ground, 8% in the air.
Time limit: He fights for about 10 seconds.
~
Pokemon: Arceus
Rarity: Almost never (The rarest Pkmn to get.)
Effect: When sent out, he'll straighten himself, then roar to they sky, sending beams above. Then like Lucas and Ness's FS, Judgement rains onto the opponent. Is as strong as an FS, to fit the rarity. They drop diagnoally, and they drop fast. Each strike from one does 9% DMG. And it's VERY hard to dodge.
Time: 8 seconds.
Special: Depending on the stage, Arceus will be holding a different plate, therefore, he'll be a different color, and his Judgement move will cause DMG according to the type. For example, the Flame Plate will show fire DMG, but it'll still be 9%.
~
Pokemon: Darmanitan
Rarity: Uncommon
Effect: He will come out, and he will then furiously punch in front, kick in back, and breath fire- He'll use Thrash. If caught in the line of fire, the opponent gets locked.
DMG per second: 3%
Time: 10 seconds

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For a Pokemon AT, I like to see Todd Snap.

My idea would be that he could take pictures of the matches at unique angles and you could get the option of keeping the pics he takes.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@--- I can see that being... bad. What if he takes a picture... and it's... yeah, you might know where I'm going with this.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No offense, but could you explain a bit more as I don't know who Spydr is or what this thread is you're talking about?

@--- I can see that being... bad. What if he takes a picture... and it's... yeah, you might know where I'm going with this.
I think I see what you mean, but I think it could be worked around.

Either way it'd just an idea, that I doubt will ever happen.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
No offense, but could you explain a bit more as I don't know who Spydr is or what this thread is you're talking about?

I think I see what you mean, but I think it could be worked around.

Either way it'd just an idea, that I doubt will ever happen.
Well, he could act like Nintendog. You release him, and he looks like he's taking pictures. Every picture he takes fills the screen with a blinding light, leaving the one who summoned him(or anyone shielding) alone, while everyone else becomes dizzy.

Something like that, maybe?

D

Deleted member

Day Fourteen of Create the SSB4 Roster is up.

@Shortiecanbrawl: Nice to see Spydr_enzo return. If he were to ever come to this thread, I would very well enjoy seeing him. For the small amount of posts he made on the original thread I thought he was great.

I for one endorse berserker01, Mario_and_Sonic_Guy, PsychoIncarnate, and Oasis_S.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, he could act like Nintendog. You release him, and he looks like he's taking pictures. Every picture he takes fills the screen with a blinding light, leaving the one who summoned him(or anyone shielding) alone, while everyone else becomes dizzy.

Something like that, maybe?

Another good idea. ;)

Although he'll never be as good as Frank West. He's covered wars you know. :p

yani_

Smash Ace
@Todd from pokemon snap

Maybe he can take continuous pictures and each time the camera snaps the screen freezes for that moment

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@yani: Wouldn't that heavily interrupt the flow of battle?(regardless of casual, competitive, single player, etc.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think it would too much, but I don't really know how to explain it in depth. Have you ever played the game Skate?
No, I haven't. But I know exactly what you mean.

The problem is, every time the game freezes, the flow of battle gets interrupted. That's... a pain in the butt many times.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I wish they weren't.

Good to hear. I'll check it out :)

It's was this social group made up of the old SSB4 thread people.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
He's covered wars you know. :p
I promise you, I'm the only one who caught that.

@Ridiculous 'SPYDER' Post

Nice place to mention that, you know since majority of this thread's frequent posters are all Back room members.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's was this social group made up of the old SSB4 thread people.
Oh o.k. well it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

I promise you, I'm the only one who caught that.
Only you? Oh well, I doubt people here would have caught that joke anyway. To the MvC3 thread!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I would like to make some comments based on some information regarding Super Mario 3D Land and Skyward Sword.

In regards to Super Mario 3D Land, this marks the first Mario platformer since his debut in Mario Sunshine in which Bowser Jr. did not appear. Will he be gone in future platformers too? Only time will tell. Toad seems to have had a major non-playable role in the game. However, it is curious he was not made into a playable character despite... spoilers ahead.
At the end of the game, the different color Toads grab a super leaf and become raccoon version of themselves and fly away with Mario during the credits. A Toad also uses a propeller block in one of the levels. I am curious as to why they did not go the extra mile and simply make him playable despite having him using in game power-ups.

Its also interesting in that Miyamoto personally sent an early copy of Super Mario 3D Land to Sakurai, and a letter along with it.

In regards to Skyward Sword, I think its now confirmed that Ghirahim.... (major Skyward Sword spoilers)
will not be the final boss. However, according to the text dump, he will be fought three times in the game. He seems to have a bigger presence in the story than Zant did, and he does not get cast aside like a loser like Zant did. I believe he dies after his final battle with Link but not before resurrecting his master, a demon king named Demise. Demise only comes at the end of the game, so I don't think he is someone who will be seriously considered for playable status due to how late he appears in the game, and how basically its Ghirahim doing all the dirty work throughout the game.

Despite this, I think Ghirahim has the possibility of becoming a popular character. I don't think a one-off character like Ghirahim should be playable, and that Zelda has all the characters it needs. However, I will wait to reserve my judgment on Ghirahim as a character until Skyward Sword is actually released. Midna was pretty popular too and was one of the two most requested Zelda newcomers for Brawl, yet she did not get in due to her one-shot status. I think Ghirahim's best hope is that he becomes very popular and well-received and/or Sakurai wants more characters that were made after Brawl's release.

On a side note, there seems to be a bit of a flamewar within the Mario Kart fanbase about whether Waluigi will be a playable character in Mario Kart 7. I personally think that Waluigi is simply going to be a hidden character.

Also, Super Mario 3D Land had the biggest opening week of any 3D Mario platformer in Japan, and this is a console with a much smaller install base. It will be interesting to see if Smash 4 has any notable content in regards to Mario 3D Land (a stage, plenty of trophies, an item, etc.).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
On a side note, I personally hope to like Ghirahim. I did not like Midna and Zant in Twilight Princess, and my preferred choice for a Zelda newcomer pre-Brawl was Toon Link. There are so few characters that I am personally interested seeing in being made playable in Smash 4. However, even if I end up liking Ghirahim and a fan of his character, I might still not be convinced he a character with a good shot of getting in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You read that wrong, Kantrip. He means since, Bowser Jr. appeared in Sunshine, this is the first platformer without Jr.

I hope Girahaim isn't Zant 2.0, personally.

When it comes to Zelda personality... Tetra, King of Red Lions, and Tingle have had the most throughout the years, and the one-off being Ralph.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
hmmm... okay... gonna go check out what's up with the discussion group.

demise... hmmm... are there any other DEMON characters in the zelda franchise?

D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: I think the fact that Toad manage to get a major non-playable role is very important to note whereas Bowser Jr. was dropped completely. Because of this recent development and Bowser Jr.'s decrease in role in the mainstream games (and possibly not appearing in Mario Kart 3D), I'm starting to feel as perhaps Toad is more likely then Bowser Jr., although I am definitely not writing him off. But I think that there's a good chance we'll get a stage based off that.

And like you said with Ghirahim, we'll see on how he fares. From Gameranking, out of four reviews, Skyward Swords holds a 97% on Game Ranking. Although these are just a few reviews, hopefully the game will score at least a 96 as an overall.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I enjoyed Midna, and Skull Kid. You're all crazy.

If either of them were playable, I would cry tears of joy.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
oh! i found artwork of Demise... has this been shown here yet? oh well, nevertheless... here it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom