• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
HyperFalcon, if you are playing CBFD on a
Wut
, then you have to make sure you don't have any cheats on when you do the beehive mission. It is impossible if you have cheats on due to a glitch in the
Wut

Disregard this if that's not the issue.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also, I swear Ghirahim's battle theme reminds me of a crazy mix between Kefka's Theme, Star Fox and Kingdom Hearts.
I like it. I can hear the Star Fox in it. lol

I hope you add it to one of your stage concepts. ;)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I like it. I can hear the Star Fox in it. lol

I hope you add it to one of your stage concepts. ;)
The reason it has the Star Fox vibe is the strong blast from the blast section that appears in the intro. It is strikingly similar to the above mentioned Space Battleground, in particular the Armada arrangement. The song personifies Ghirahim quite well. It carries a whimsical yet sinister upper class arrogance air, which is Ghirahim in a nut shell. The brass rises and falls in a way that is similar to Star Fox, but the style of the melody is in line of a Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts hybrid. It is very well done, but still in ways underwhelming to me. If Skyward Sword wants to musically equal Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 I am going to need to hear stronger melodies from the new arrangements. Nintendo has set the bar and I want to see them rival or surpass Super Mario Galaxy in the area of music, which is my big thing.

Trust me, it shall be. ;)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Kantrip: Oh, seriously? I think I had one on. Thanks, mang.

@Johnknight1: Nope. They decided to not stick to one system. Killer Instinct deserves more love anyway. They defined combos before Street Fighter II did as is.(seriously, in order, Combos were a glitch in Street Fighter, then Killer Instinct defined them, then Street Fighter II made them better) Plus, it's goddamn Fulgore! He's the Series Mascot.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here are a couple of more Skyward Sword tracks. These all have been heard through demoes so it does not truly constitute as being too spoilerish.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ghirahim's Theme (DEFINITELY reminiscent of Kefka's Theme)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Main Menu (I know this is a common theme, but this arrangement is too beautiful to pass)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The reason it has the Star Fox vibe is the strong blast from the blast section that appears in the intro. It is strikingly similar to the above mentioned Space Battleground, in particular the Armada arrangement. The song personifies Ghirahim quite well. It carries a whimsical yet sinister upper class arrogance air, which is Ghirahim in a nut shell. The brass rises and falls in a way that is similar to Star Fox, but the style of the melody is in line of a Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts hybrid. It is very well done, but still in ways underwhelming to me. If Skyward Sword wants to musically equal Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 I am going to need to hear stronger melodies from the new arrangements. Nintendo has set the bar and I want to see them rival or surpass Super Mario Galaxy in the area of music, which is my big thing.

Trust me, it shall be. ;)
I think it might use some of the same musicians or composers of the Star Fox Assault Sector Z and Space Battleground compositions.

Really, it's suppose to be a goofy song, much like Kefka's. The other more... serious or atmospheric songs sound much, much better!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Wow, it looks like Nintendo finally went all the way for Zelda, and it's AWESOME!/Po.

Let me know when we start having orchestrated soundtracks in Metroid. The arrangements from the early 90's were spectacular, and I would like to see them give that treatment for original material.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@Johnknight1: Nope. They decided to not stick to one system. Killer Instinct deserves more love anyway. They defined combos before Street Fighter II did as is.(seriously, in order, Combos were a glitch in Street Fighter, then Killer Instinct defined them, then Street Fighter II made them better) Plus, it's goddamn Fulgore! He's the Series Mascot.
I've played only one Killer Instinct game ever. But yeah, the first Street Fighter sucked, lol! It was good for its' time, but now in hindsight it just looks meah.

Wow, it looks like Nintendo finally went all the way for Zelda, and it's AWESOME!/Po.

Let me know when we start having orchestrated soundtracks in Metroid. The arrangements from the early 90's were spectacular, and I would like to see them give that treatment for original material.
I agreed, although I must admit I love the atmospheric almost techno-ish feel for the game. Some were calm, others violent, others scary, others brought more adrenaline to the battle, and then the Meta Ridley theme did all of that in one song. I think the orchestrated/choir songs such as that one lava area in the first Prime was a great arrangement.

Still, new Metroid music and old retro Metroid music fully orchestrated in a Metroid (and Smash Bros) game would be epic!!! Seriously-aside from the one Metroid Fusion song, the Meta Ridley theme, and the Ridley theme remix, the new Metroid music in Brawl was terribly forgettable, and easily the worst of any franchise.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's only because a lot of really good tracks were skipped out on for some reason. I mean, the fan favorite Phendera Drifts was not included. I really hope that the next game will allow for mixing of tracks, like hearing a Mario Galaxy song on a Starfox stage or something. If Brawl did that, I'm certain Snowman would've been on the Ice Climbers stage along with Phendera Drifts.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You don't know how happy i would be if you thought of kefka's theme because i post it so much. :p

Uhh... Yeah i'll wait till i get the game, methinks. Oh, as for controller discussion a while ago, i use wii-chuk, and i don't need batteries 'cause i have one of those new charger thingies.

I don't want to start another clone argument, so i think i'll leave my thoughts on that in my head.

And i have a tournament not this weekend, but next weekend, so i'm getting super hyped. ^^

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Agreed. Some songs in Brawl just didn't belong on certain stages.

At least, if I remember correctly, that on the Sakurai poll you were also allowed to suggest stages and music in addtion to characters.

EDIT: Don't ask me for a source, it was brought up on this thread before by someone else besides me, so I may be wrong.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, i think that snowman did kind of capture the isolation of NPC in a way it wouldn't have on the summit, but there were some tracks that would've been pretty epic in other areas. But thats what happens when series music is applied to series stages. It becomes slightly limited. Ahh well. ^^

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Snowman was never an isolating track in the Mother games. It was a track that was played in the cold areas. Also, the soundtrack version of Snowman would've fit on the Ice Climbers stage. Not only that, but it makes me think of Christmas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkI26OHT6XI

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's only because a lot of really good tracks were skipped out on for some reason. I mean, the fan favorite Phendera Drifts was not included. I really hope that the next game will allow for mixing of tracks, like hearing a Mario Galaxy song on a Starfox stage or something. If Brawl did that, I'm certain Snowman would've been on the Ice Climbers stage along with Phendera Drifts.
Phendera Drifts is a perfect atmospheric song for smash. (what was the lava area in Metroid Prime? OH yeah! Magmoor Caverns! That place's song was excellent!) I was lobbying for both those songs in the pre-Brawl days. I thought the Metroid songs could be lackluster, but I didn't think they would be this bad. There were so many Metroid songs not included, and nearly half of the games in the series didn't get a song. All the Metroid games but Super Metroid had one or zero songs!

The over world theme from Metroid II, the Super Metroid final boss theme, the final boss theme from Metroid Fusion, the ending theme from Metroid Fusion, the Prime Omega Pirate boss battle theme (that was an epic boss fight!), the Prime final boss theme, the Prime Magmoor Caverns, the Prime 2 final boss theme, the Sanctuary Prime 2 theme, the Temple Grounds Prime 2 theme, The Metroid Prime: Hunters opening cutscene music, the Prime 3 title screen song, the Prime 3 Meta Ridley boss theme, the Prime 3 Omega Ridley boss theme,, the after crash area music from Metroid: Zero Mission, and the Metroid: Zero Mission final boss theme would all be epic!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Johnknight1: I've played and own all 3 Killer Instinct games. They're actually pretty good, and none of them play a lot like eachother. Different characters, different combos. Albeit, the core gameplay is the same, but they kept adding without any repeated games. So it was a pretty cool and good series.(albeit, not the top tier fighter, but definitely worth of mentions)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yes, on the MOTHER games. On Brawl, it was changed to a much more lonely tune. I just can't see the brawl version fitting in with a bear standing on a mountain-top floating on water with sunglasses and shorts.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@Johnknight1: I've played and own all 3 Killer Instinct games. They're actually pretty good, and none of them play a lot like eachother. Different characters, different combos. Albeit, the core gameplay is the same, but they kept adding without any repeated games. So it was a pretty cool and good series.(albeit, not the type fighter, but definitely worth of mentions)
It was pretty fun (the one I played on the N64), and it "felt" like a Rare game. I think the series would definitely be worthy of revival.

Snowman was never an isolating track in the Mother games. It was a track that was played in the cold areas. Also, the soundtrack version of Snowman would've fit on the Ice Climbers stage. Not only that, but it makes me think of Christmas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkI26OHT6XI
I think it would fit on a Mother stage. The problem is that New Pork City is just a bad stage. There's nothing memorable about it other than how huge and boring it is.

Yes, on the MOTHER games. On Brawl, it was changed to a much more lonely tune. I just can't see the brawl version fitting in with a bear standing on a mountain-top floating on water with sunglasses and shorts.
I agree. It's a Mother stage through thick and thin. Honestly, I think Snowman would have been better fit for Onett (or Fourside) than it would on New Pork City. New Pork City was just a bad MOTHER (3) stage...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well, i agree with you pretty much, although NPC is one of the best places to practice magnet pull and reverse magnet pull with Lucas.

I dunno, it's possible, but Onett just isn't as isolated as NPC. Again, i'm not sure it would fit such a bright happy place where cars happily go on the street beside you. it's almost too happy an atmosphere. That is, speaking atmospheric terms. While NPC is a bad stage, the atmosphere is still pretty much the same.

But for the main part yes i agree.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It was pretty fun (the one I played on the N64), and it "felt" like a Rare game. I think the series would definitely be worthy of revival.
Rare's making games on the 3DS. Banjo-Kazooie has enough love. Killer Instinct needs it MUCH more.

There was a Clayfighter Revival as well, a remake of The Sculptor's Cut with complete characters.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yes everyone says how amazing banjo and kazooie is. I think i've played it a few times but never for long, when i really want to. Golden age of gaming #2, the start of N64/Playstation.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, i agree with you pretty much, although NPC is one of the best places to practice magnet pull and reverse magnet pull with Lucas.

I dunno, it's possible, but Onett just isn't as isolated as NPC. Again, i'm not sure it would fit such a bright happy place where cars happily go on the street beside you. it's almost too happy an atmosphere. That is, speaking atmospheric terms. While NPC is a bad stage, the atmosphere is still pretty much the same.

But for the main part yes i agree.
I think that Fourside would have been preferable to Onett. In Earth Bound, Onett isn't a totally friendly place. Quite frankly, I think the song Snowman would sound great on Onett. At least it wouldn't feel as awkward as the weird transitions of the Evolution/Gym/Poké Center theme. :troll: :awesome: :reverse: :cool: :bee:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
True, but then again, Onett is happy even with it's troubles in earth bound. The music is light to reflect that. I still don't know really how well the Brawl version would fit on it. Perhaps fourside, but i haven't played fourside on melee yet, so i don't know, but it seems to me that Snowman would just be out of place in Onett where the lonely-ness (and if you take Kuma's translation, cold, winter) would be wasted in a mainly bright and happy place. And even when it does have troubles, it's as if no-one takles them seriously anyway. Anyone remember threed and it's zombie problem? I don't think anyone in the circus tent was scared at all, they were pretty much just annoyed. the only thing you could tell that was wrong with the place was the fact there were actually zombies there, the shops were deserted and the music was kind of tense (for earthbound.)

I mean... You know what i mean, right?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes everyone says how amazing banjo and kazooie is. I think i've played it a few times but never for long, when i really want to. Golden age of gaming #2, the start of N64/Playstation.
Play through it and beat it. Trust me, it's worth it. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are both excellent and exceptional games.

Rare's making games on the 3DS. Banjo-Kazooie has enough love. Killer Instinct needs it MUCH more.

There was a Clayfighter Revival as well, a remake of The Sculptor's Cut with complete characters.
Yeah I agree Banjo gets a ton of love. Yet, Conker has been forgotten about for about half a decade, and definitely deserves to be revived.

New Killer Instinct, Clay Fighter, and Jet Force Gemini games would be awesome, though.

On a side note, Nintendo seriously needs to revive Donkey Kong Racing. That game looked awesome, and it would be a pretty unique game.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
When i think about it, i guess Snowman wouldn't be too out of place in Onett. It could work, but i dunno, i still think it captures NPC better. If NPC were taken out, then i guess i wouldn't mind it going to onett.

I don't know quite why but my favourite game may actually be Yoshi's Island, probably because i used to love it as a child. it's also one of the very few games whose final boss still scares me (literally) to this day.

But then of course there's Chrono trigger and terranigma, and then theres the very first Spyro and Crash bandicoot, and then there's Worms and SSB, and there's also LoZ:LttP and of course there's also Sonic the hedgehog 1, 2 and 3, and then i get so confused my brain muddles up.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
When i think about it, i guess Snowman wouldn't be too out of place in Onett. It could work, but i dunno, i still think it captures NPC better. If NPC were taken out, then i guess i wouldn't mind it going to onett.

I don't know quite why but my favourite game may actually be Yoshi's Island, probably because i used to love it as a child. it's also one of the very few games whose final boss still scares me (literally) to this day.
It isn't what emotion the song emits but how it sounds and fit on a stage. I think Snowman fits on Onett. I also think the Onett them seriously should have played on Onett. Although I love the Mother 1 theme and Mother 1/Mother 2 home theme, the Onett theme (and the nighttime Onett theme) would just be absolutely perfect on Onett in Melee and Brawl.

Really the Mother franchise is a lot darker than those who haven't played it think it is. [Mother series spoilers ahead!]
Heck, the final boss in Mother 1 and 2 is suppose to be the equivalent evil of ****, there's all kinds of zombies, in Mother 2 the future is destroyed, in Mother 3 your mother dies, and you see two twins take two completely separate paths, one of which possibly dies at the end, and the world supposedly ends... but then doesn't.

I still need to beat Mother 1. I got a third through it, but dagnabit that game is hard to extremes. It is impossible not to die multiple times. And the world map is ridiculously huge. It is impossible not to get lost every 5 minutes in that game! Earth Bound/Mother 2 is just an incredible and funny game. Mother 3 is just... so perfect. If you haven't beaten or even played those games (specifically Mother 2/Earth Bound and Mother 3), you are missing out on one of the best video game series of all-time! Like Mario, Dragon Quest, Metal Gear GREAT!!!... but in its' own, unique, original way. :grin:

Super Mario World 2 is also a pretty ridiculously amazing game.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Uhhuh. And i have played earthbound.

Look i understand what you're saying but part of how a song sounds on a stage IS it's emotion. Spear pilaar wouldn't be so cool if it didn't have epic tunes to go with it, like victory road, and Flat Zone wouldn't be so nostalgic if it had the newest mario theme on it. Part of what a stage is is it's music and often the music helps define the soul of the stage.

All that being said the sound itself of a song can add a lot to the stage and i agree that when you think about it it actually could work. I just think it represents the NPC better.

uhh, look, i have to go, the time on this library computer is about to go out. I'm happy to discuss it later John. :)

For now, i have to go, so i'll see you later. Byyyyeeeessss! *waves*

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah I agree Banjo gets a ton of love. Yet, Conker has been forgotten about for about half a decade, and definitely deserves to be revived.

New Killer Instinct, Clay Fighter, and Jet Force Gemini games would be awesome, though.

On a side note, Nintendo seriously needs to revive Donkey Kong Racing. That game looked awesome, and it would be a pretty unique game.
A Conker game would be fine too. Yeah, finishing up Donkey Kong Racing would be sweet. They have a ton of unfinished games that should come first before a lot of these revivals. They're nice and all, but new sells a lot easier than old.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Uhhuh. And i have played earthbound.

Look i understand what you're saying but part of how a song sounds on a stage IS it's emotion. Spear pilaar wouldn't be so cool if it didn't have epic tunes to go with it, like victory road, and Flat Zone wouldn't be so nostalgic if it had the newest mario theme on it. Part of what a stage is is it's music and often the music helps define the soul of the stage.

All that being said the sound itself of a song can add a lot to the stage and i agree that when you think about it it actually could work. I just think it represents the NPC better.

uhh, look, i have to go, the time on this library computer is about to go out. I'm happy to discuss it later John. :)

For now, i have to go, so i'll see you later. Byyyyeeeessss! *waves*
Well I always thought of Snowman as kind of a nostalgic fun song where you feel kind of isolated, and yet you feel compelled by nature, and you feel small compared to the vast amounts of snow around you. There's a certain element of fun and nostalgia in that song that suits Onett really well. I think the nostalgia feel fits better in a stage actually from Earth Bound or the original Mother, especially a classic Melee stage.

Anyways, later skater. You gotta be either in a library that closes at 11:00 on the West Coast or you live in Alaska or some island like the Hawaii islands. That or you're at a late New York library that closes for an hour to repair all the computers from the massive amounts of inappropriate content downloaded. I've been to libraries. I've seen what people look at/download. THE TERROR!!! :glare:

Anyways, peace out bro! :bee:

A Conker game would be fine too. Yeah, finishing up Donkey Kong Racing would be sweet. They have a ton of unfinished games that should come first before a lot of these revivals. They're nice and all, but new sells a lot easier than old.
Mario 128, lulz. But yeah, DK Racing could definitely be a great way to re-introducing the whole Kong gang and those Kremling foes to the public if the game is solid and gets good advertising. Obviously Donkey Kong is known by everyone, Diddy Kong is a icon, and K. Rool is pretty well known, and Dixie is a face that is hard to forget. But the other Kongs and Kremlings aren't as well known.

Kiddy Kong and DK Jr. have become less and less relevant, instead of being well-known. DK Jr. used to be in Mario Kart. Now he's just a mini-Donkey Kong that makes an occasional appearance. Kiddy Kong was playable in DKC3 (he's Dixie cousin with super strength). Aside from appearing in the cancelled Donkey Kong Racing trailer, he has not made an appearance since then.

Lanky Kong, Tiny Kong, Chunky Kong, Cranky Kong (of course), Funky Kong, Krusha, Candy Kong, Baby Donkey Kong, Swanky Kong (I better get that quiz right), Wrinkly Kong (alive or as a ghost, it doesn't matter), Klump, Klubba, Taj the Genie, Wizpig, TT, Krunch, Tiptup (who despite appearing in most Conker games remained in Diddy Kong Racing DS), Drumstick, etc could all make some sort of appearance.

Fortunately most of these characters have disappeared now that I think about it. I'm glad even though Donkey Kong (Country) got overwhelmed with characters the developers didn't decide to force them down our throats! :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mario 128, lulz. But yeah, DK Racing could definitely be a great way to re-introducing the whole Kong gang and those Kremling foes to the public if the game is solid and gets good advertising. Obviously Donkey Kong is known by everyone, Diddy Kong is a icon, and K. Rool is pretty well known, and Dixie is a face that is hard to forget. But the other Kongs and Kremlings aren't as well known.
Wasn't that turned into Super Mario Galaxy, and also referenced in Brawl? And true.

Kiddy Kong and DK Jr. have become less and less relevant, instead of being well-known. DK Jr. used to be in Mario Kart. Now he's just a mini-Donkey Kong that makes an occasional appearance. Kiddy Kong was playable in DKC3 (he's Dixie cousin with super strength). Aside from appearing in the cancelled Donkey Kong Racing trailer, he has not made an appearance since then.
I never played Country 3, so I only know about Jr, but he technically became the full Donkey Kong, so eh. Doesn't matter to me. Reference is there in other games.

Lanky Kong, Tiny Kong, Chunky Kong, Cranky Kong (of course), Funky Kong, Krusha, Candy Kong, Baby Donkey Kong, Swanky Kong (I better get that quiz right), Wrinkly Kong (alive or as a ghost, it doesn't matter), Klump, Klubba, Taj the Genie, Wizpig, TT, Krunch, Tiptup (who despite appearing in most Conker games remained in Diddy Kong Racing DS), Drumstick, etc could all make some sort of appearance.
Can I just say I love the n64 era and move on?

Fortunately most of these characters have disappeared now that I think about it. I'm glad even though Donkey Kong (Country) got overwhelmed with characters the developers didn't decide to force them down our throats! :laugh:
Fortunately? I get they were a bit flat, but they were a pretty cool cast, IMO.

@Kantrip: Totally. Speaking of revivals, I'm glad they went for a new Donkey Kong Country, but I don't think Mario needed a revival. It was a completely great series as is. The 3D games were still freakin' awesome.(even Sunshine)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
And people wonder why sometimes competitive players talk down on casuals...

Anyways, no. Do your homework before you even make posts like these again. There are plenty of successful non GCC players in the competitive community one of them happens to live in my area too.

Razer for example, a top 5 Snake, he uses Wiimote+Nunchuck.

I know others that use Classic.

I know others (these are the least successful) who use solo Wiimote.

Voicing our concerns is far from whining. If you define that as whining, this whole thread is full of whining because of people's speculations. An extreme example if I really have to drive this point home is. Your precious essay. It's not some informative reasons on why Victini should be in Smash, it's a wall of whining about getting your character you are most bias to about getting into Smash.

Furthermore, looking at the USB ports, there is a chance of there being a wired controller.

We just want a wired controller. Not a GCC, a wired controller. Wired Controller.

Change is not a problem. Wireless interferences are.

Feels like summertime again.
I like this post alot, it's full of logical points. :)

Anyways, Sonic Generations is tad awesome, it's good-- no it's EPIC, I really want City Escape now!!

Gotta go. :grin:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah, some music choices were just terrible.
I was expecting Magma Flows on the Halberd.
Guess what I got?
FOREST/NATURE AREA THEME!

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Custom Character Creation: Gyro the Drobred Art layout

I stated before I'd be making movesets again, and I'm starting to make Custom Characters again. I mentioned "Gyro" before. Well, here he is:

He's the villian of my comic series. He's actually a giant bird, but he's been humanified in one of my comics, so I added him as the normal player instead. The FS will be the Drobred, which is a Dragon/Eagle/Tiger mix, but here's the mix.

He's known as the Lord of Speed. Idk who it was, but they said, "Sonic. Needs. A challenge.". Over the last three years, I've wanted this guy to be his challenge (I got a comic shop coming. Surpirse!).

Anyways that's just the art forme. I'll have the moveset worked on after the "Victini: Burn the Hate, Mind the Facts" Essay.

@N and Iblis lulz: Lol

@SS Spoiler: Not reading it and not reading what SSBF just said

@John: I like how your posts are too long to read :awesome: but it's a fun read

@Disfunctional: Who's Tiny?

@Kuma: I will make one for Toad on Friday

@Luco: Kefka's theme >>> One Winged Angel

@Thelulz: Derp

Off for now

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Actually we already have, it was called Other M.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The music choices in Brawl don't exactly go well with certain stages. The Halberd has it real bad, where it had a good number of BGMs that don't even work well with its environment.

In a similar manner, Route 209 and Spear Pillar don't mix too well.

Smash 4's My Music option should be adjusted so that BGMs can be played on any stage that corresponds to their franchises. For one example, the Delfino Plaza BGM would be playable on any stage that's affiliated with the Super Mario franchise, but not for any other franchises.

An even better improvement would be if you could choose your BGM before a match starts.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The music choices in Brawl don't exactly go well with certain stages. The Halberd has it real bad, where it had a good number of BGMs that don't even work well with its environment.

In a similar manner, Route 209 and Spear Pillar don't mix too well.

Smash 4's My Music option should be adjusted so that BGMs can be played on any stage that corresponds to their franchises. For one example, the Delfino Plaza BGM would be playable on any stage that's affiliated with the Super Mario franchise, but not for any other franchises.

An even better improvement would be if you could choose your BGM before a match starts.
This is not exactly college quality essay material, and if I had more time I would likely revise it, but for now it will suffice.

Hey everyone, I want discuss My Music a bit and how it should be expanded upon in the next two titles. We know Sakurai is interested in fleshing out other features and modes beyond just the character roster and stage count. One of those features should be My Music.

My Music was, in my opinion, one of the better executed additions in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. There was not much drawback to it as it didn't fail to deliver in any way. Although that is not to say there are not area's that cannot be improved upon or included. Those are what I wish to discuss here, way's in which My Music should or could improve. Some of these suggestions are rather miniscule, but little changes such as these can make all the difference in the world. Here are my first three:

1: Stage Assignment - Allowing the ability to change tracks or move them would give players more customization and creativity in regard to the stages. An example of how this would help. A player feels that a particular track would be better suited for another stage, he want's to move "Nature Area" to "Green Greens". He loves the song, but wants too place it in Green Green's track listing. Having this ability would allow those decisions to be made by the player.

2: Stage Selection Music Command - In order to best explain this idea, let me pose an example. Say you want to have a little bit of fun, so you select Link and Ganondorf and decide to go to Bridge of Eldin for a themed match. On top of this you want "The Dark World" to be the music playing as you fight. Problem is you have no way of knowing which track will play. It isn't practical to contently retrace back to the My Music menu and turn on and off every song apart from the one you want. My idea to implementing the solution for this is, surprisingly, taken from Melee.

When a player has their cursor over the stage they desire, holding "L" and "R" simultaneously will allow them to bring up the My Music screen. From here a player can change the music options to their preference before heading into battle. They can select a particular song or simply change the frequency parameters, and once finished pressing "B" will return them too the stage select screen.

3: Individual Track Volume - Perhaps some of you observed this, maybe not? But as great as Brawl's soundtrack is there are equalization issues with a handful of songs. Many of these issues stem from the volume being lower than others, while others are too loud. Trying to fix this with the general BGM settings are difficult, as not every track has this problem. Simply turning up the BGM will not work as the other tracks can become painfully louder. If you want to see this for yourself go to Port Town: Aero Dive, I can point out 4-5 tracks alone that have this mastering issue.

So my solution to this is adding another option for each track apart from frequency, volume. It allows us to change the volume of individual tracks without affecting every other song.

Lastly, as I see, it there are two paths My Music will take from Brawl. Downloadable Tracks or Custom Music. Both options have their pro's and con's, but none the less I feel they are very real options.

1: Downloadable Music - Let me explain how this would work. Smash Bros 4 will have a system that allows the game to receive content such as in Brawl, extending further than custom stages and snapshots. When you go to "My Music", under each stage listing will be a 13th slot (because in Brawl the max amount of tracks associated with an individual stage is twelve) that is blank. Within it will be the words "Storage Memory". Once pressed a menu will pop up, allowing you to edit the tracks within that stage's listing. Nothing is ever deleted, only cycled. Within whatever form of storage Nintendo allows will be the music you download, they will be "free agents" of sorts that have no assigned stage. Though within the track description would be a suggested stage.

Stages with twelve tracks, such as third party stages or select Nintendo stages, will have only room to place one DLC track. In order to have more they'd have to cycle other songs out. Stages with lower music counts would be able to add up to 13 total tracks.

If the memory of the system is not enough it can stream off of the storage medium. Musical updates would not be every day, but once a week. Tracks would be "originals", not arrangements. The only time you could potentially receive an arrangement is if it were from an older Smash title (ie Melee and Brawl).

Musical DLC could be in the form of "Golden CD's".

2: Custom Music - The set up would be much the same as with DLC. You have a 13th track that allows for the storage menu. You cycle through songs, pick a stage, and are complete. Only difference is the user picks the songs they want to listen too. It would not be very complicated, just drag and drop from your computer. I don't really need to dive into this much more.

As far as track listing for non-Vide Game music goes. All I will say is if hackers can do it than developers who are paid a lot of money can too.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Some stages I hated on Melee and Brawl:

~Melee~
PokeFloats (Saffron City is better)
Green Greens (Copied of the original, which they added O_o)
Venom (Corneria is so much better, but Venom's music choice is better.)
Battlefield (Gravity Changes? Bleh...)
Ice Moutain (Ice Climbers' stage. Scroller. Hate BOTH of them)

~Brawl~
Electroplankton (What... the.. D***?)
Spear Pillar (Palkia hates me)
DK Falls (I don't like scrolling stages.)
Mushroomy Kingdom (Not a bad scroller, but there's many glitches in it, like the Forever Float Peach and Forever Drop Bowser.)
Ice Mt. 2 (The music beats to what happens... for the first round around the mt.)

As for my favorites:

~Melee~
Final Destination (Been my favorite for a LONG time. Perfect stage for fighting.)
Corneria (Been my #1 in Melee, and will stay as my #1 forever.)
Dreamland(Loved me that stage/song.)
Great Bay (You can kill Tingle! Yes! Oh, and it has an insta-kill spot too. I love it! Saria's Song plays in it. Awesome!)

~Brawl
Final Destination (Like I said, been my favorite.)
Metal Gear Stage (Been my favorite Lucario Wall hitting spot.)
Corneria (I almost died when I found out that this stage was on here.)
Custom Stages (Well... Yeah!)
Bridge of Eldin (Badass. Nuff said. Jiggles becomes a god in there.)
Mario Bros. (I loved the original Mario Bros, and it's still my favorite out of any Mario game made to now.)
Halbred (That backgroud is 100% Boss. I love the red clouds, too. Awesome! And the musics VS o2, Meta Knight's Revenge, and Checker Knights.)

As for downloadable music, I have a theory, coming straight from the XBox360...
What if you have a USB stick that has music on it, and you put it in the Wii U, then turn on your Wii U and play Sm4sh. Like the Xbox360 (If this carries to the Wii U), go to the menu, and go to the media player. Choose your USB storage, and play the music on there, like on the XBox360.

I Don't see why ^This would be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom