• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
All I want in music is Magma Flows on a kick-*** stage.
That's all I want.

:phone:

yani_

Smash Ace
Wasn't that turned into Super Mario Galaxy, and also referenced in Brawl? And true.

I never played Country 3, so I only know about Jr, but he technically became the full Donkey Kong, so eh. Doesn't matter to me. Reference is there in other games.
Actually , Mario 128 is now known as Pikmin :awesome:. There was an event in Melee called Super Mario 128,if that's what you're thinking of.

I wanna see DK Jr in the new Mario Tennis 3DS.

Donkey Kong Racing would have been such a cool game. Racing on the Animal Buddies looked amazing.
Amen, such a disappointment it got canceled. I remember even seeing it on the Gamecube box :urg:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Something interesting, someone brought up the subject of Demise being a new form for Ganondorf with a completely new moveset. I'm not due how that would work but it seems interesting

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Demise is not Ganondorf... I doubt Ganondork was born yet. that is... unless it is another Gerudo... Ganondorf's predecessor... it was said that men come every 100 years...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Yani: I think I prefer Pikmin over a ton of Marios, personally.

@August: They said he MIGHT be referenced. But yeah, Ganondorf isn't supposed to be fightable or even talkable to in SS. Atleast, according to the interviews. It could change last minute(which I hope it doesn't).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Gyro the Drobred Moveset: Custom Character Creation

I got bored with my Essay, so I'm taking a break from it, and made this:

Weight Class: Lighter then Gannondorf
Height: A tiny bit shorter then Gannondorf
Speed: A click slower then Sonic (Come at me)
~
Dodges (Eyesight is >) :
Ground:
(LR)>: He triangle jumsp from the background to the otherside of the opponent.
(LR)<: He quicksteps backwards.
(LR)v: He sidesteps, with closed eyes, and a smirk.
(LR)Sky: He dissappears, then reappears. Not teleporting, but actually moving too fast to see.
~
Grabs:
Grab: Normal
Pummel: He sends electrical pulses throughout the opponent's body. As fast and as powerful as Lucario's Pummel.

(Z)^: Holding the enemy, while in lightning fast speed, he jumps into the sky, then a lighning bolt strikes the ground, having Gyro landing on his feet, while the opponent is Sesmic Dropped, going straight up. Countering sparks effect both sides. DMG: Throw: 12%. Countering Sparks: 2%

(Z)>: He one hand-chokes them, then drops them straight down, and kicks them. DMG: Drop: 9%. Kick: 7%.

(Z)<: He slams them behind him, then they go straight up after a lightning bolt comes from Gyro's throwing hand. DMG: Slam: 12%. Bolt: 6%.

(Z)v: He slams the opponent down, then ground-punches them, going left or right in 50/50 probability. DMG: Slam: 6%. Ground-Punch:13%.
~
(A) Combo:
He punches, then kicks with opposite leg to his punching hand, then with his punching hand, sends a lighting jolt out, like Pikachu's (A)> smash, but not as strong. DMG: 5%, then 4%, then 7%.
-
(A) Normal:

(A)^: He horsekicks both feet upwards. DMG: 8%.
(A)>: He spartan kicks, like Gannondorf. DMG: 8%
(A)v: He low sweeps the opponent. DMG: 4%, then 4% for Double Hit.
-
(A) Smash:

(A)>: He force palms forward, sending a huge shock wave shield forward. The shield can be a counterer. DMG: Force Palm Click: 5%. Full: 14%. Electric Shield: 2% three times.
(A)^: A lightning shield covers the top of him. This is more of a defense then an attack. It lasts 1.5 seconds. DMG: 4% three times Click. 6% three times Full.
(A)v: He sends a Lightning ball to strike the front of him, like Mewtwo. DMG: 6% Click, Full: 15%.
-
(A) Aerial:

(A): He coils his entire body, then unleases his body from the coil, sending a shock wave around his entire body. It takes 1 second for the unleash to happen. DMG: 10%.
(A)^: He puts both hands up, and then thrusts them downwards, doing a meteor attack on the opponent. DMG: 9%.
(A)>: Another shield. He puts both hands out, and sends a Shock Shield in front of him. Lasts 2 Seconds. Cannot grab edges in this phase. DMG: 3% three times.
(A)v: He thrusts his hands upwards, sending them straight upwards. DMG: 9%
~
(B) Moveset:

(B): Blitz Fist
He darts 2 character spaces foward, then backs off one if he doesn't get in contact with an opponent. If he does, he pummels them in quick succession, then kicks them foward. DMG: Pummel with Furious Fists: 10% all together. Kick: 9%.

(B)^: Drobred Flight
He gains his "True Forme" wings, and has a controlled flight. It's like gliding, but you can control it. This move is fast, but does no dmg.

(B)v: Gray Down
He cast a gray electrical bolt in front of him upwards from the ground. Anyone hit will be dizzy, and it does 4% DMG.

(B)>: Roar of Gyro
He yells in front of himself, sending a sonic wave in front of him. Once you let go of it. you'll let go the wave, then the wave, as fast as Pit's arrows, darts foward. Anyone on the ground will go straight upwards. Anyone aerial will go straight down. Those effects will only happen if the move is charged. DMG: 12%.
~
Final Smash: The Lord of Speed
He transforms into his true forme, and darts upwards (I'll be making the sprite sooner or later). He then darts the screen left, then right, which is as fast as Ridley can on Brawl. Anyone hit will auto dizzy, and take 40%. Anyone in the sky, however, will go straight down, then get dizzy, taking 35%.
~
Taunts:
(^): He crosses his arms, and says, "This is a joke, isn't it?"
(>): He cracks his neck, then pounds his fists together, then roars, like he does in his (B)> move, but it's more aggressive.
(v): He laughs, with both hands in his pockets. Then he says, "Clever me..."
~
Winners Circle:

Win:
1: He walks in from the right, then points behind him and says, "The crowd will always favor the lord of speed!"
2: His body turns electrical, then he releases a bunch of sparks, and then opens his eyes and smirks.
3: It shows him standing, then he smiles, and says, "I got better things to do.". Then darts off screen, leaving an electrical lining of his body, which then blows after 2 seconds.
4 (Special): He Laughs and says, "Sonic was no match for a GOD!" And then he pounds his fist into his hand, and an electrical ring goes around his body.

Lose: His back to his opponent, he looks behind him, with one eye closed, and claps, obviously irritated.
~
Snake's Codac:
Snake: Colonel! Is this guy sick or something? He's gray!
Colonel: Be careful, Snake! That's the Lord of Speed, Gyro!
Snake: Gyro..?
Colonel: He rules an army that is ten times bigger then Foxhound, and worser yet, he's proven to have god abilities, along with electrical powers.
Colonel: He also is in his Human forme. Be happy that he hasn't recieved a Smash ball.
Snake: Will he send me a storm? Or maybe send two giant thunder balls swirling around each other at me? It can't get worse.
Colonel: No, Snake. He transforms into his "True Forme", Gyro the Drobred. A creature that could rip right through a Metal gear by flying through it. He is very fast.
Snake: So, does that mean Sonic is slower?
Colonel: Intel hasn't been recieved yet on this. But it looks like they're pretty equal.
Snake: ...Interesting...
~

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I woke up mad at Starphoenix today. All I remember saying was "Well let's make Krystal's final Smash BIG THE CAT THEN!"

I'm full of good ideas.

You know what would be cool? If we got TWO third party stages. One from the game the character is from, and one from a different game.

SEGA: Sonic gets picked, second level is from NiGHTS
Konami: Snake gets picked, second level is Castlevania
Capcom: Megaman gets picked, second level is Resident Evil (Would make a much better smash stage than a SF stage)
SE: Final Fantasy is picked, DQ for the second level.

yani_

Smash Ace
What do you guys think about having an AC rep? Nook seems to be the popular choice, but if they ended up getting one, I think Resetti would be better. The main antagonist of SSB4 could be doing something on an electronic and ends up resting it. NEWCOMER RESETTI. I'm sure he could put that pick-axe to use

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
An AC rep? I severely doubt it, especially looking at what happend to the planned AC rep in Brawl. By the way is there a link for that? It'd be something really good to put in the backroom.

Throw in Sakurai's statements about Toad and Mii's I don't think he'll be changing his mind about that any time soon.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Shorts: Please no Resident Evil stage. *shivers*

@Tryphen: I've come to realize I'm betting on Miis against all odds it seems.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Shorts: Please no Resident Evil stage. *shivers*

@Tryphen: I've come to realize I'm betting on Miis against all odds it seems.
I'm actually fine with an RE stage. lol

Maybe, I'll have to fine that Sakurai quote again. I believe it was about that he did consider them for Brawl but didn't want them seeing as it would make Brawl seem too casual and it would look just like another Wii launch title that uses Mii's extensively.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Was that it? I thought it was just because, as a customizable avatar, they didn't really seem like an actual character.

I also wish I knew the sort of TECH involved with bringing Miis into other games. As they are, they do not fit with the style of Smash. To make them work would take a lot of effort I think.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hey, Sakurai. Got a tip for ya.

NO MORE ELECTROPLANKTON STAGES!

That is all.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Kiddy Kong was playable in DKC3 (he's Dixie cousin with super strength). Aside from appearing in the cancelled Donkey Kong Racing trailer, he has not made an appearance since then.
Thank God.

Hey, if every series got atleast 2 assist trophies, who would you want to take those roles?

Mario: Boomerang Bro, Boo (he'll attack if you're not facing him; this provides the summoner the oppurtunity to attack when the victim is facing the ghost. Best to use 360 degree attacks and back aerials to deal with the summoner. Boo's invincible, btw.)
Yoshi: Kamek, Chainchomp
Donkey Kong: Lanky Kong, Rambi
Legend of Zelda: Darknut, Tingle
Metroid: Metroid, Space Pirate
Starfox: Andross (old school), Peppy (in an arwing, using an airstrike)
Kirby: Bandanna Dee, Prince Fluff

I would say more, but this is off the top of my head, and I'm not too familiar with the other series.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It does seem that Sakurai knows best lol:
Of course, I think there was a possibility of taking Smash Bros. in a more casual-gaming direction. For example, we could make the art style simpler or make it possible to use Miis. However, with the various titles that the Wii was to offer, I felt that people were looking for something different. That’s the reason I decided in very early stages of development that the Wii pointer and motion movements would not be a primary feature of the game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't want Brawl to be TOO casual, just plain casual. Hmm, right then. No Miis.

Oasis, it's a much better idea than anything SF could give us. For smash at least.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Nook is popular, and I think Resetti is in a position like Waluigi: hate (correct me if I'm wrong). Either way, an AC character would be fun to see.

@Shortie
Sounds like the AT idea you had before, and I like both. I know you love RE, but I really doubt it would make any appearance. It most likely would be a SF stage. The village from RE4 would be cool tho. btw wouldn't it be reversed for Square Enix? Whatever, I'd still want Slime & Chocobo. Then maybe a Mario RPG stage, or KH.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bah. Well, I guess this means we can cross Miis off of the potential newcomer list? Anyway, I really hope that if we get an Animal Crossing rep, it isn't Resetti. Nothing against him, but him being in would greatly reduce the chances of Muddy Mole ever getting in. He's a rather humorous Assist Trophy, and I'd like him to stay that way. If I had to choose an Animal Crossing rep, Tom Nook or K.K. Slider would be interesting.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mii's are fine with me, but based on Sakurai's feelings about them and that I personally don't know how customization may work, especially with balance, I doubt they'll get in.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
[collapse=The only plausible choice for an Animal Crossing character:]
[/collapse]
It's true.

Also I highly doubt Miis would be customizable in any way other than their head.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Opossum: To be fair, you actually do customize Mii's to an extent on the Wii. They were practically made for it. Also, I feel as though making a moveset for them is unneeded. I'd rather most of those sports moves went to a fully-defined character(Daisy, Waluigi, for example).

As for a rep? Resetti. He'd talk in all of his moves, could use everything from AC, AND has a pickaxe.

yani_

Smash Ace
Thank God.

Hey, if every series got atleast 2 assist trophies, who would you want to take those roles?

Mario: Boomerang Bro, Boo (he'll attack if you're not facing him; this provides the summoner the oppurtunity to attack when the victim is facing the ghost. Best to use 360 degree attacks and back aerials to deal with the summoner. Boo's invincible, btw.)
Yoshi: Kamek, Chainchomp
Donkey Kong: Lanky Kong, Rambi
Legend of Zelda: Darknut, Tingle
Metroid: Metroid, Space Pirate
Starfox: Andross (old school), Peppy (in an arwing, using an airstrike)
Kirby: Bandanna Dee, Prince Fluff

I would say more, but this is off the top of my head, and I'm not too familiar with the other series.
Mario: Boom Boom , Wiggler
Yoshi: Kamek, baby bros w / chain chomp
DK: Lankey Kong, Animal hoard , Cranky
LoZ: Skull Kid, Goron

edit: also for Yoshi: Toadies

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
SF level is more likely, but it would be absolute balls in a smash game. That's why I choose Resident Evil over it. Much more to choose from.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Assist Trophies?

Mario: Hammer Bros, Lakitu.
Yoshi: None really.
Wario: Kat and Ana, any Wario Land enemy.
Zelda: Redead and Like Like
Kid Icarus: Eggplant Wizard and I don't know what else.
F-Zero: Samurai Goroh, Pico
Metroid: Metroid, Kraid
Kirby: Knuckle Joe, not sure what else
StarFox: Pigma, Andross
Sonic: Knuckles, Rouge(if Shadow's playable, otherwise, Rouge and Shadow)
Metal Gear Solid: Raiden, not sure who else, maybe a Metal Gear?
Donkey Kong: Funky Kong(surfing), Cranky Kong(similar to Resetti in annoyance)
Mother: Really not sure at all. Maybe the exploding Tree and the Puke guy?
R.O.B.: No clue
Game & Watch: None
Fire Emblem: Black Knight(if not a boss or playable), Lyn, Hector(all possible choices)
Pikmin: What Opossum said.
Ice Climbers: Seal, Polar Bear

Did I miss any series?

v Thanks. I'll edit it in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You only missed Pikmin, Fire Emblem, and Ice Climbers I think.

For Pikmin, the Burrowing Snagret and Louie on the Titan Dweevil would be nice.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just to add on a few:

Mother: Masked Man, New Age Retro Hippie :cool:
R.O.B.: Professor Hector
FE: Lyn, Sothe, Triangle Attack (if Caeda's not in :p)
KI: Grim Reaper and Reapettes
Wario: Captain Syrup (she can steal items)
Metal Gear: Gekkos

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Of course there are, but if it was any Capcom stage other than Megaman, it'd be SF. UNLESS, Sakurai/SORA wants to actually add things within the rating instead of staying borderline rated T from E, but I guess that wouldn't be Smash.
The only customization Mii's would have is probably visual. Anything else would leave it at casual play, but that's not so bad. Custom costumes should happen tho, along with alt models.

Every franchise should have an AT :D Who should Pokemon get :troll:
I'd like to see another Fire Emblem character. Lyn will probably stay one, although I do wish she could be a Marth alt. If he ends up NPC, then Chrome could be one.

@HyperFalcon
Gray Fox is an AT, he could still show up with cool Raiden (or p*ssy Raiden if Konami decides to troll us)
I'm pretty Knuckles sure would have more priority over Rouge, and if Shadow stays I guess Tails could have a better role in a stage than just a cameo. Maybe show up with Knux as an AT or shoot missiles from the Tornado.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Yani: Nah, have them seperate. Rouge and Shadow both show up in Generations after all. As does Knuckles. I don't think even Omega shows up in that game.(but then again, why would he be at a party with food? He's a killing machine, and I don't think he was ever really friends with Sonic like the rest of them were)

Agreed with y.toonlink on the Capcom reps. RE has little chance, really.

Oh, crap, I forgot Pokemon. Oh, wait, they don't count as they have Poke Balls, which does the same job anyway. I mean, it's not like Assist Trophies weren't different versions of the Poke Balls or anything. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom