• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
took this from zeldapedia... spoiler alert.
During the final battle, of which Demise is the boss, Link manages to defeat the malevolent being. In his final breaths, Demise curses Link, informing him that an incarnation of his hatred will be born in new cycles with no end and that Link and Zelda will be a part of these cycles. This incarnation of hatred will always be drawn to Link and the Master Sword, forcing the hero to live lives of darkness and sorrow. Once Demise finishes speaking, he is absorbed into the Master Sword where he is sealed away for eternity. This prophecy of Demise's incarnation of hatred seems to signify the reasons for Ganon's existence and Link and Zelda's perpetual reincarnations.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well it'll be interesting to see what will happen when these games are finally released.

But I will admit that Toad getting a bigger role in recent Mario games certainly makes him stand out a bit more than his competitors.

I'm still not interested in another Zelda rep though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
oh! i found artwork of Demise... has this been shown here yet? oh well, nevertheless... here it is.

Reminds me greatly of this.
[COLLAPSE="Oni"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Mostly in how they're both very meaty in build.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I love the Ginger joke. There is one hidden in there.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My Super Duper Super Awesome Long Response!

Fortunately? I get they were a bit flat, but they were a pretty cool cast, IMO.

@Kantrip: Totally. Speaking of revivals, I'm glad they went for a new Donkey Kong Country, but I don't think Mario needed a revival. It was a completely great series as is. The 3D games were still freakin' awesome.(even Sunshine)
Yeah, the characters were flat and two-dimensional, but they didn't need to be deep. They are great for who they are. I also love how Chunky was made into a hipster (he went from the 70's Disco fashion to late 90's backwards hat and Letterman-style shirt). :laugh:

Mario doesn't need a revival in anything, except maybe Super Mario RPG, although you could argue that it's still around through Paper Mario series and the Mario and Luigi series.

I would love to see more Donkey Kong Country games, maybe some more Jungle Beat-esk games (that game was pretty fun, albeit simple), and maybe even another "experiment" at a 3D Donkey Kong game (with less focus on a kagillion collectables).

@John: I like how your posts are too long to read :awesome: but it's a fun read
I try to milk as many words out of a response as I can. I am currently doing a pretty good job at doing just that to this post! :cool:

Some stages I hated on Melee and Brawl:

~Melee~
Battlefield (Gravity Changes? Bleh...)

~Brawl~
Electroplankton (What... the.. D***?)
Spear Pillar (Palkia hates me)
DK Falls (I don't like scrolling stages.)
Mushroomy Kingdom (Not a bad scroller, but there's many glitches in it, like the Forever Float Peach and Forever Drop Bowser.)

I Don't see why ^This would be a problem.
Battlefield's gravity changes only happens in the single-player modes. The thin edges however, are totally glitched out.

I agree entirely on the Brawl stages you hate. Rumble Falls had so much potential... On Balanced Brawl it moves about a third as fast, never has the "speed up" part, and actually isn't all that bad (the same goes with Mushroomy Kingdom, which has a lowered roof, and is like the "Rainbow Cruise for ground characters").

Spear Pillar and Electroplankton are just fundamentally flawed stages.

You know what would be cool? If we got TWO third party stages. One from the game the character is from, and one from a different game.

SEGA: Sonic gets picked, second level is from NiGHTS
Konami: Snake gets picked, second level is Castlevania
Capcom: Megaman gets picked, second level is Resident Evil (Would make a much better smash stage than a SF stage)
SE: Final Fantasy is picked, DQ for the second level.
Holy crap, that is an epic idea! I would be 100% for this!!!

This is easily your best idea yet. I would crap my pants with excitement if this happened. :awesome: :cool: :embarrass:

Nook is popular, and I think Resetti is in a position like Waluigi: hate (correct me if I'm wrong). Either way, an AC character would be fun to see.
People hate Mr. Resetti=??? He's friggen awesome! "HEY! LISTEENNN!!" (no, it's not Navi!) :chuckle:

Skyward Sword spoiler
Demise's appearance and final speech seems to explain why Ganondorf isn't in the game, and explains the entire Zelda story, lulz. I hope Nintendo doesn't try to end the series storyline, lol!
:chuckle:

D

Deleted member

As I'm taking inspiration from McSnappleton's poll back in December, 2008-January, 2009, these are the list of characters I'm planning on using (Newcomers and returnees):
Super Mario Bros.
Bowser Jr.
Toad
Paper Mario
Waluigi
Rosalina
Daisy
Dr. Mario
Fawful
Birdo

Donkey Kong:
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong

Yoshi:
Kamek
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi

Wario:
Captain Syrup
Ashley
Mona
Jimmy T
9-Volt
Kat & Ana

The Legend of Zelda:
Young Link
Majora's Mask Young Link
Ghirahim
Tingle
Toon Zelda & Toon Sheik/Tetra
Vaati
Midna
Zant
Skull Kid
Wolf Link & Midna

Metroid:
Ridley
Dark Samus
Anthony Higgs

Kirby:
Bandanna Dee
Knuckle Joe
Dark Matter
Rick

Star Fox:
Krystal
Leon
Slippy

Pokemon:
Zoroark
Victini
Genesect
Meloetta
Keldeo
Mewtwo
Meowth
Pichu
Heracross
Deoxys
Plusle & Minun
Gardevior
Darkrai
Pokemon Ranger
2nd gen Pokemon Trainer
3rd gen Pokemon Trainer
4th gen Pokemon Trainer
5th gen Pokemon Trainer

F-zero:
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Mother:
Masked Man/Claus
Poo
Paula
Jeff
Ninten

Fire Emblem:
Roy
Krom
Lyn
Hector
Elliwood
Ephiram
Michaiah
Soren
Black Knight
Sigurd
Caeda
Leaf
Liz
My Unit

Kid Icarus:
Palutena
Medusa
Magnus

Pikmin:
Louie

New Series:
Little Mac
Isaac
Matthew
Saki Amamiya
Isa Jo
Starfy
Ray
Shulk
Kanan
Elza
Captain Rainbow
Tom Nook
Animal Crosser
K. K. Slider
Mii
Kalas
Alexandria Rovias
Chibi-Robo
Andy
Jiro
Jill Dozer

Retro:
Lip
Takamaru
Mach Rider
Duck Hunt Dog
Sheriff
Diskun
Balloon Fighter
Alice
Sukapon

Third-Party:
Mega Man
Proto Man
Bass
Zero
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Zack & Wiki
Phoenix Wright
Leon Kennedy
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Viewtiful Joe
Geno
Mallow
Neku Sakuraba
Lloyd Irving
Cless Alvien
Marina Liteyears
Crono
Magus
Duke Nukem
Slime
Sora
Cloud
Chocobo
Moogle
Professor Layton
Ryu Haybausa
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
Dr. Eggman
Grey Fox
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Goemon
Rayman
Travis Touchdown
Pac-Man
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Earthworm Jim
Voting will last one month. The next month, I will take the twenty most highly voted characters and have them face off to see which ones are the five most highly voted characters. With such a huge list, I may allow for up to ten votes (thought they have to spread out between ten different characters, although you're not required to use them all) and you can vote every day.

Any suggestions on who to add?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, the characters were flat and two-dimensional, but they didn't need to be deep. They are great for who they are. I also love how Chunky was made into a hipster (he went from the 70's Disco fashion to late 90's backwards hat and Letterman-style shirt). :laugh:
I never said they had to. I like them. That's what I meant.

Mario doesn't need a revival in anything, except maybe Super Mario RPG, although you could argue that it's still around through Paper Mario series and the Mario and Luigi series.
They play rather differently from Mario RPG. No lie. The similarities is the timing system, flower points, and that's about it. I think the games are great without trying to revive what ain't a problem.

I would love to see more Donkey Kong Country games, maybe some more Jungle Beat-esk games (that game was pretty fun, albeit simple), and maybe even another "experiment" at a 3D Donkey Kong game (with less focus on a kagillion collectables).
Same. I want a full Wario Land revival myself. Make Captain Syrup MORE important. She deserves it. Also, Waluigi canon appearance is needed. Make us happy, Nintendo.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I never said they had to. I like them. That's what I meant.
I'm agreeing with you bro. :laugh: I'm saying I like them for two-dimensional extra/joke characters they are. I have zero problem with said characters' current roles. Except Cranky. He needs to totally be playable, and he needs to be a more important main character! :laugh:

They play rather differently from Mario RPG. No lie. The similarities is the timing system, flower points, and that's about it. I think the games are great without trying to revive what ain't a problem.
Yeah I've played all the Paper Mario games (beat all three), and I played the first Mario and Luigi about halfway through. They do play differently, but a lot of things carry over. The timing system, loads of easter eggs, the flower power, the weapon/equipment upgrades, the (crazy) special attacks, and the star power moves.

Still, a new sequel to Super Mario RPG would be epic, especially if Square and Nintendo both worked on it to make it an epic mix of both companies. Also, Geno, Mallow, Croco, and Boshi need to return! :awesome:

Same. I want a full Wario Land revival myself. Make Captain Syrup MORE important. She deserves it. Also, Waluigi canon appearance is needed. Make us happy, Nintendo.
I thought Wario Land: Shake it was a Wario Land revival...???...

I haven't played any Wario Land game since Wario Land 4, though, so I don't know anything from that for sure.

I would love to see a solid 2D/2D 1/2 Wario Land game on the DS though.

Waluigi already got a cameo appearance as a alternate color for Mario in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. :troll: :awesome: :cool:

If he appears in one of those games, he better have a personality and be unique, and not just a weird mix of Wario and Luigi.... :glare:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm agreeing with you bro. :laugh: I'm saying I like them for two-dimensional extra/joke characters they are. I have zero problem with said characters' current roles. Except Cranky. He needs to totally be playable, and he needs to be a more important main character! :laugh:
Agreed.

Yeah I've played all the Paper Mario games (beat all three), and I played the first Mario and Luigi about halfway through. They do play differently, but a lot of things carry over. The timing system, loads of easter eggs, the flower power, the weapon/equipment upgrades, the (crazy) special attacks, and the star power moves.
I've only beaten the regular Paper Marios, but that's it. Others were a bit more difficult. All great games. The star power system wasn't in RPG, just the idea of the 7 stars.

Still, a new sequel to Super Mario RPG would be epic, especially if Square and Nintendo both worked on it to make it an epic mix of both companies. Also, Geno, Mallow, Croco, and Boshi need to return! :awesome:
Lordy yes!

I thought Wario Land: Shake it was a Wario Land revival...???...

I haven't played any Wario Land game since Wario Land 4, though, so I don't know anything from that for sure.

I would love to see a solid 2D/2D 1/2 Wario Land game on the DS though.
I mean more than one game, of course!

Waluigi already got a cameo appearance as a alternate color for Mario in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. :troll: :awesome: :cool:

If he appears in one of those games, he better have a personality and be unique, and not just a weird mix of Wario and Luigi.... :glare:
I loved the reference too. Damnit, references and cameos, but no playable appearance in a canon or main series game YET. Also, he's a mischivious man, so he should keep his personality he has.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I've only beaten the regular Paper Marios, but that's it. Others were a bit more difficult. All great games. The star power system wasn't in RPG, just the idea of the 7 stars.
Geno was the star power... :troll: :awesome: :cool: :reverse:

Too bad Bowser blew in that game. He could have been so ridiculously awesome, lol! Super Mario RPG was actually the first game Bowser was playable.

I loved the reference too. Damnit, references and cameos, but no playable appearance in a canon or main series game YET. Also, he's a mischivious man, so he should keep his personality he has.
I thought that reference was funny (when you combined the Luigi and Wario emblems), because he is merely a combination of their personalities.... :troll:

But yeah, he is mischievous. Big deal. Build on it. Make him brave, make him timid, make him a prankster, make him funny, make him easily angered, make him obsessed with chocolate. Just make him feel like he is worth remembering. Currently there is nothing memorable about him in my eyes other than he looks like Wario and Luigi, and acts like a poor fusion of them. :glare: :embarrass: :urg: :bee:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Geno was the star power... :troll: :awesome: :cool: :reverse:
Touche. Good one, though.

Too bad Bowser blew in that game. He could have been so ridiculously awesome, lol! Super Mario RPG was actually the first game Bowser was playable.
Kart Fighter :troll: But yeah, true. I love the guy.

I thought that reference was funny (when you combined the Luigi and Wario emblems), because he is merely a combination of their personalities.... :troll:
Luigi's and Wario's? Hmm, perhaps.

But yeah, he is mischievous. Big deal. Build on it. Make him brave, make him timid, make him a prankster, make him funny, make him easily angered, make him obsessed with chocolate. Just make him feel like he is worth remembering. Currently there is nothing memorable about him in my eyes other than he looks like Wario and Luigi, and acts like a poor fusion of them. :glare: :embarrass: :urg: :bee:
He has about as much personality as most Mario characters do, to be fair. Wario, Bowser, even Waluigi have some REAL pesonality. Mario and Luigi? None, really. Daisy and Peach, none either. Yoshi is questionable at best beyond being a Big Eater.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Touche. Good one, though.
Any reference to Geno is a good reference. :awesome: :troll: :cool:

He has about as much personality as most Mario characters do, to be fair. Wario, Bowser, even Waluigi have some REAL pesonality. Mario and Luigi? None, really. Daisy and Peach, none either. Yoshi is questionable at best beyond being a Big Eater.
The difference is that Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, and Wario were original characters. Well, maybe not Luigi initially, but after Super Mario Bros. 2 he's always been the taller, skinnier, more timid younger brother who likes to hang out in his brother's shadow (but isn't a crybaby about it).

Plus on top of that, each one of them started in a canon Mario game. There personalities to us are what we've played mostly, and a few cut scenes (Luigi being funny because he's so scared, Peach being all princess-y and pretty much perfect, Mario always being heroic, Bowser wanting Peach to like him, Wario being selfish, Yoshi being hungry and cute, etc). I don't imagine characters who are in party games as having much personality. That's why I view the bulk of the Diddy Kong Racing roster as kind of bland. The only reason I remember TT, the chicken, the genie, and Wizpig are because they were unlockable characters (and/or bosses or supporting characters), while Conker and Banjo were also more memorable because they later had their own great series.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Any reference to Geno is a good reference. :awesome: :troll: :cool:
Heh. Agreed.

The difference is that Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, and Wario were original characters. Well, maybe not Luigi initially, but after Super Mario Bros. 2 he's always been the taller, skinnier, more timid younger brother who likes to hang out in his brother's shadow (but isn't a crybaby about it).
So was Waluigi and Daisy. They weren't clones or anything either. Not to say they're awesome or anything, of course.

Plus on top of that, each one of them started in a canon Mario game. There personalities to us are what we've played mostly, and a few cut scenes (Luigi being funny because he's so scared, Peach being all princess-y and pretty much perfect, Mario always being heroic, Bowser wanting Peach to like him, Wario being selfish, Yoshi being hungry and cute, etc). I don't imagine characters who are in party games as having much personality. That's why I view the bulk of the Diddy Kong Racing roster as kind of bland. The only reason I remember TT, the chicken, the genie, and Wizpig are because they were unlockable characters (and/or bosses or supporting characters), while Conker and Banjo were also more memorable because they later had their own great series.
You forgot Daisy amongst your list. Regardless, it doesn't make less interesting because of their canonicity. They're... just characters. It makes them last viable in certain situations, agreed.

And the thing is, you can't say they have less personality related to where they exist. It's the personality and how much of it is given. The quality of character growth is not dependent on canon in the first place. It's the writer, not the specific game. Okay, admittably, Luigi has more than I gave him credit for. Mario... is pretty flat.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So was Waluigi and Daisy. They weren't clones or anything either. Not to say they're awesome or anything, of course.
Daisy was in Super Mario Land as the princess Mario had to save. Since then, she has disappeared from canon Mario, and has never appeared in a console canon Mario games. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, and Yoshi appear in most canon Mario games. All of them but Bowser have their own games that they star in, while Wario has two series all to his own.

Waluigi was introduced solely to be Luigi's doubles partner in Mario Tennis on the Nintendo 64.

You forgot Daisy amongst your list. Regardless, it doesn't make less interesting because of their canonicity. They're... just characters. It makes them last viable in certain situations, agreed.

And the thing is, you can't say they have less personality related to where they exist. It's the personality and how much of it is given. The quality of character growth is not dependent on canon in the first place. It's the writer, not the specific game. Okay, admittably, Luigi has more than I gave him credit for. Mario... is pretty flat.
To me it does. I remember a character's personality based on how I interact with them in a game, whether through having them help you reach a goal in a game, playing as them, or trying to save or defeat them. I don't get that kind of "interaction" feel from (Mario) party or sports games. That's how we remember characters. Simply from what they do.

Mario saves Peach from Bowser, because he is a good guy.
Peach is a perfect classic princess, and she is often captured by Bowser, or on occasion by something or someone else.
Bowser is the evil demon-looking turtle that wants to kidnap Peach.
Wario is a selfish, lazy, and funny prick who wants money.
Yoshi is a cute little dinosaur/dragon (?) creature that is like Mario's best friend dog/horse equivalent.

Waluigi is Luigi's doubles partner in Mario Tennis that has funny sounding laughs.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Daisy was in Super Mario Land as the princess Mario had to save. Since then, she has disappeared from canon Mario, and has never appeared in a console canon Mario games. Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, and Yoshi appear in most canon Mario games. All of them but Bowser have their own games that they star in, while Wario has two series all to his own.

Waluigi was introduced solely to be Wario's doubles partner in Mario Tennis on the Nintendo 64.
He was meant to be Wario's doubles partner. I fixed the quote to reflect that. The whole point is that she still is a canon character. If she's not canon, Wario isn't either.

To me it does. I remember a character's personality based on how I interact with them in a game, whether through having them help you reach a goal in a game, playing as them, or trying to save or defeat them. I don't get that kind of "interaction" feel from (Mario) party or sports games. That's how we remember characters. Simply from what they do.
It doesn't make them less interesting, though. They still have the same personality. The problem is the storyline difference, not the character.

Mario saves Peach from Bowser, because he is a good guy.
Peach is a perfect classic princess, and she is often captured by Bowser, or on occasion by something or someone else.
Bowser is the evil demon-looking turtle that wants to kidnap Peach.
Wario is a selfish, lazy, and funny prick who wants money.
Yoshi is a cute little dinosaur/dragon (?) creature that is like Mario's best friend dog/horse equivalent.
Mario... does nothing notable personality-wise. He's a generic hero with cool stuff. You're giving his personality too much credit.

Peach is pretty generic too.

Bowser has an actual personality beyond "evil" like Ganondorf(outside of WW).

Wario is the only one with any real personality besides Bowser.

Yoshi is a pretty generic horse that thinks for himself. That's about it.

Waluigi is Luigi's doubles partner in Mario Tennis that has funny sounding laughs.
You mean Wario's. Waluigi was the dark version of Luigi, but was made for Wario specifically. He's only related to him.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
He was meant to be Wario's doubles partner. I fixed the quote to reflect that. The whole point is that she still is a canon character. If she's not canon, Wario isn't either.
Daisy does appear in Super Mario Land. However, she hasn't appeared in a canon Mario game since. Until she appeared in Mario Tennis and Mario Party 3 people had forgotten all about her.

It doesn't make them less interesting, though. They still have the same personality. The problem is the storyline difference, not the character.
It makes me care about them less. I don't care a heck of a lot of the spin-offs as much as I do the canon Mario games (especially the console canon games). Not many people really cares too much about the party/sports games as anything other than a fun game that they don't really play as much into as the platformer canon games and the RPGs.

Mario... does nothing notable personality-wise. He's a generic hero with cool stuff. You're giving his personality too much credit.

Peach is pretty generic too.

Bowser has an actual personality beyond "evil" like Ganondorf(outside of WW).

Wario is the only one with any real personality besides Bowser.

Yoshi is a pretty generic horse that thinks for himself. That's about it.
Exactly! They are simple, yet they are unique because of their games. They don't have much personality, but the games they have huge roles in or star in are great! If someone told you people care about personalities of a character first they are lying! It's all about the plot, and in video games, the game play. The plot in Mario is simple, and the game play is amazing, and nearly always revolutionary.

What does Waluigi star in or have a major role in=??? Nothing!

Thus, the characters are seen as part of the game play. On top of that, how they play (as in their attacks, movement, where they dwell, what type of weapons they use) is primarily what effects me in my view of said character. I'm sure other people view them the same way as I do.

You mean Wario's. Waluigi was the dark version of Luigi, but was made for Wario specifically. He's only related to him.
Waluigi was originally made to be Luigi's partner, but oddly enough he has become Wario's partner moreso (I do agree with you there).

Waluigi I think is related to Tingle. Actually, I think he is a son. Think about it. They both think they are something they are not.

Tingle thinks he is fairy, but is just a middle-aged slave owning loser.

Waluigi thinks he is one of the Mario/Wario brothers, when he is merely a malnourished who was abandoned by his parents, had to steal just to get by (and got addicted to stealing and shrooms!), and has struggled his whole life to find an identity. :laugh:

It adds up, eh=??? Plus both are two of the few nearly universally hated Nintendo characters.

Anyways, I'm out.

~His Knightliness Himself,~
-Johnknight1 Watson

PS: Waluigi is still filler like a stealer who thinks he's Mike Miller. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Daisy does appear in Super Mario Land. However, she hasn't appeared in a canon Mario game since. Until she appeared in Mario Tennis and Mario Party 3 people had forgotten all about her.
What does this have to do with her still being a canon character? She still is regardless.

It makes me care about them less. I don't care a heck of a lot of the spin-offs as much as I do the canon Mario games (especially the console canon games). Not many people really cares too much about the party/sports games as anything other than a fun game that they don't really play as much into as the platformer canon games and the RPGs.
You're missing my point. Many characters have more personality regardless of Canon. It's fine if you don't find them interesting due to not liking those particular games. Also, there's already been arguments over which ones are definitely canon. Just saying.

Exactly! They are simple, yet they are unique because of their games. They don't have much personality, but the games they have huge roles in or star in are great! If someone told you people care about personalities of a character first they are lying! It's all about the plot, and in video games, the game play. The plot in Mario is simple, and the game play is amazing, and nearly always revolutionary.
Plot has nothing to do with the character in this case. Their personality is not usually plot-related. In this case, we're talking about how they think and act(in general, not becaseu of plot). And honestly, character development is second on my list, gameplay being first.

What does Waluigi star in or have a major role in=??? Nothing!
Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix. It may not be canon, but it's there. Role in Mario Canon game =/= Role in Game.

Thus, the characters are seen as part of the game play. On top of that, how they play (as in their attacks, movement, where they dwell, what type of weapons they use) is primarily what effects me in my view of said character. I'm sure other people view them the same way as I do.
That's powers, not personality. You're mixing the two up here.

Waluigi was originally made to be Luigi's partner, but oddly enough he has become Wario's partner moreso (I do agree with you there).
Then why did Mario mainly team up with him?

Waluigi I think is related to Tingle. Actually, I think he is a son. Think about it. They both think they are something they are not.
Tingle's better. Likewise, no, they're not related, and they're both interesting characters. Also, Tingle was in Canon, so I don't see what the analogy is here.

Tingle thinks he is fairy, but is just a middle-aged slave owning loser.
Play his game. He works hard for his money. A morally dubious person, but it's not like he didn't do his job.

Waluigi thinks he is one of the Mario/Wario brothers, when he is merely a malnourished who was abandoned by his parents, had to steal just to get by (and got addicted to stealing and shrooms!), and has struggled his whole life to find an identity. :laugh:
He's not official related to Wario in any way. And that was obviously a joke response right there.

It adds up, eh=??? Plus both are two of the few nearly universally hated Nintendo characters.

Anyways, I'm out.

~His Knightliness Himself,~
-Johnknight1 Watson

PS: Waluigi is still filler like a stealer who thinks he's Mike Miller. :p
Not universally, just usually. Many people like both. Invalid point.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Waluigi is dumb. Moving on...

I wonder if Shorts thinks he too would be a Mario clone.
He would. Probably Samurai Goroh as well.

No, he would just be a stupid add. Probably unique/Wario feeling. Unlike Paper Mario :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Whaaat. Goroh? But I thought you were a big fan of his/thought he was even more deserving than Ridley
*shakefist*

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was being Sarcastic. SLOWasis.

I only think that because We already have two characters for Metroid. If we got RIDEly, and Goroh, I would be a happy fellow.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well this is embarrassing.

I was even about to compare you to ChronoBound saying he would be a clone of Takamaru. For shame. u3u

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I want you in the SSB4 discussion group. I will make it happen. You can be my Julia Roberts in pretty woman. I'll be the guy with the cash.

I'll get you, Java, and Psycho in. WELL, I'm vouching for you three. Others are being discussed as well, but you three are my cats.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
After a quick google search, I must say that is a ridiculous outfit.

Oh well, I guess it has to be an alt costume for Ridley now.

Awh yeah @ being a cat. BD

Spyder's back?

I'm probably one of the people who PM'ed him. I asked him a question about a character.

@SSBF: I'm not interested in joining this secret group

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
After a quick google search, I must say that is a ridiculous outfit.

Oh well, I guess it has to be an alt costume for Ridley now.
Yes. You need a prostitute costume who is rescued by the guy with oodles of cash. My second costume is a Deoxys hoodie. You picked a lame costume.

Pretty woman? For shame. :<

I want the next clone to be a half breed or something. Like, if for some cray reason WALUIGI WAS a clone, he could have a few Luigi rip-off moves, a few Wario rip offs, and his own unique moves. BABIES. 8D

Berserker. You wanna be a cat? I forgot I like you :3

Who else got invited to the secret group!? OASIS? Don't make me go Xtina on that group.

Nah it's alright.If you want to then just send me the invite. I might not be in the thread as much as before........ Since I have troubles with schoooooooooooool D:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No silly. I'm not making a secret group. I was going to suggest you to Sydr. I think yous iz a good poster. You'sa a good room decoration. Usually made of paper, sometimes a tarp of sorts.

I tried that umm.... 2 or 3 months ago.

But I've changed :|
Well I don't get what you're saying, but if you don't want me to suggest you in the group newcomer discussion, I won't P:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Its also interesting in that Miyamoto personally sent an early copy of Super Mario 3D Land to Sakurai, and a letter along with it.
Miyamoto is trying to butter Sakurai up so he can put in a Super Mario 3D Land level into the next game. Although I see it more likely that we will have a blend between the aforementioned game and the two New Super Mario Bros titles. lol

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

~HyperSword~
I haven't said a word of this, but I am now. I'm annoucing a new chat room, of course! It's known as "HyperSword".

HyperSword talks about 3rd Party characters, stages, and musics. These 3rd parties can be from anything except the Nintendo series. The only exception is Snake and Sonic, who already made it to the SSB series. This group isn't made yet, but will be VERY soon. You could say that the BRoom is close enough to this. Well, not exactly. Only here, will you be able to communicate about ANY 3rd party character. Not JUST Capcom, not JUST Marvel. Everyone will be included. I'm making this group in favor of my friend, who was just hit by a bus yesterday. He wanted to make it on here, so this entire group is dedicated to my best friend, Aaron. RIP bro.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ ChronoBound's post about Super Mario 3D Land and Skyward Sword

I agree it is interesting that Toad got in this game whereas Bowser Jr. didn't, especially when you brought up the
ending with the Tanooki Toads
. It is also odd that Toad does not seem to be playable in this game when we have
Tanooki Toads and Propeller Toads
. But either way, what matters is that this is probably the first time we have a main Mario game without Bowser Jr. since his Sunshine debut. This may well hurt Bowser Jr.'s chances and boost Toad's chances (and anything that helps Toad's chances is good news to me. ;))

My desired Mario roster for SSB4
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Toad

The final boss in Skyward Sword is
Demise and he looks a lot like Ganondorf
. I am kinda expecting to see said final boss playable in SSB4
as the decloned Ganondorf with a sword we have all been asking for
. As for Sheik, I think she might get a makeover where she resembles Impa... unless they decide to remove Sheik and give Zelda her a new Down B move (maybe something to do with the harp) and make Impa a newcomer where she plays like Sheik (so Sheik's moveset/playstyle lives on).

I really want the Zelda roster to feel revitalized instead of keeping the same old Zelda characters, especially when two of them are clones and one of them is an one-time character who can easily be replaced with a similar but recurring character like Impa.

My desired Zelda roster for SSB4
1. Link
2. Zelda (gets a new Down B move)
3. Impa (replaces Sheik but still plays like Sheik)
4. Demise (replaces Ganondorf but is basically the decloned Ganondorf we have been asking for)

5. Toon Link (I can see him coming back as a late addition clone but PLEASE I want a new Final Smash based on the four Links in Four Swords at the very least) OR
5. Tingle (reps his own series and is the Balloon Fighter of Smash) OR
5. Ghirahim (I don't want him but I can see him happening) OR
5. Young Link (same reason as Toon Link but I would rather have Deku/Goron/Zora Links playable while Young Link is not playable at all)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Okay, seriously people, Ganondorf is not going anywhere just because he is not in one game. The same with Bowser Jr., though I am no fan of his by any stretch of the word, as his absence from one game does not take away from the roles he has held. The opposite is true with Toad, whom I do favor, as his recent appearances do not assure him anymore of a consideration than he may or may not have had before from Sakurai and his team. Sakurai looks at characters, not recent appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom