• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Same. I want a full Wario Land revival myself. Make Captain Syrup MORE important. She deserves it. Also, Waluigi canon appearance is needed. Make us happy, Nintendo.
Agreed. I personally wouldn't mind Waluigi being given a major role in a non-party-or-sports games for the first time. And Captain Syrup deserves to return, IMO.

A new Wario Land would best work on the 3DS. There they could return VB Wario Land's unique "jump to background and back" gameplay to make it feel fresh, as wel as adding whatever new features they also want.

Personally I'd like to see a Wario Land with Shake It's hand-drawn animations (not just cinematics), Wario Land 3's "perfection" of the WL formula IMO, and VB Wario Land's 3D effect.

I want you in the SSB4 discussion group. I will make it happen. You can be my Julia Roberts in pretty woman. I'll be the guy with the cash.

I'll get you, Java, and Psycho in. WELL, I'm vouching for you three. Others are being discussed as well, but you three are my cats.
Quoting from Oasis: "Awh yeah @ being a cat. BD"

And yet again I feel pointless in this thread when I don't have ideas. :p Off again.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
SHORTIE! DID YOU RATE MY ROSTER DURING THAT MONTH I WAS GONE IN LATE SEPTEMBER/EARLY OCTOBER?!

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Miyamoto is trying to butter Sakurai up so he can put in a Super Mario 3D Land level into the next game. Although I see it more likely that we will have a blend between the aforementioned game and the two New Super Mario Bros titles. lol
That sounds about right, I'll have to look back at your stage concept though to see some more of the similarities of the games though. As from what I remember there was a similar atmospheres and backgrounds between those games.

Interesting, my vote goes for Grabber.
Toad just loves to give out hugs. :3

As for the Spyder thing, am I the only one who finds it weird that he's looking for more people to contribute, but isn't posting here for himself to figure out who he wants to join?

Still looking at some of the old thread posts and the fact he was able to get Toise, of all people, to join a social group at all says a lot. So I do hope he joins discussion again at some point.

Okay, seriously people, Ganondorf is not going anywhere just because he is not in one game.
This
The same with Bowser Jr., though I am no fan of his by any stretch of the word, as his absence from one game does not take away from the roles he has held.
And this but you're kinda forgetting that he didn't appear in MK 7 and Fortune Street (Not that it really affects chances).
The opposite is true with Toad, whom I do favor, as his recent appearances do not assure him anymore of a consideration than he may or may not have had before from Sakurai and his team. Sakurai looks at characters, not recent appearances.
This. I'm being honest. I forgot that roles do not shape the character's importance (I still think that being important plays its role in inclusions). Sakurai is looking for characters that interest him. Unfortunately though, we do not know who he is interested with. We only know that he likes Punch Out Wii and well... Other things.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Okay, seriously people, Ganondorf is not going anywhere just because he is not in one game. The same with Bowser Jr., though I am no fan of his by any stretch of the word, as his absence from one game does not take away from the roles he has held. The opposite is true with Toad, whom I do favor, as his recent appearances do not assure him anymore of a consideration than he may or may not have had before from Sakurai and his team. Sakurai looks at characters, not recent appearances.
Wait. Who said Ganondorf won't get in because he wasn't in one game?

Bowser Jr. is iffy IMO. But K. Rool definitly applies to what you're saying.

As for Toad, all we have to go on him is what Sakurai said back on the Melee dojo. But you're right about how Sakurai looks at characters.

I'm starting to think I should repost (for the 10th time) what Sakurai looks for in a character when deciding them again. :rolleyes:

EDIT:
1. The character's inclusion must make people want to play the game.

2. The character must be unique.

3. The character must fit into the style of Super Smash Bros.

4. They must contribute to the game balance.
Hopefully this will sink in for once.
Oh who am I kidding? No it won't.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
^^^^^^
Everyone look at the post above me and REALLY comprehend what is being said.

\And this but you're kinda forgetting that he didn't appear in MK 7 and Fortune Street (Not that it really affects chances).

This. I'm being honest. I forgot that roles do not shape the character's importance (I still think that being important plays its role in inclusions). Sakurai is looking for characters that interest him. Unfortunately though, we do not know who he is interested with. We only know that he likes Punch Out Wii and well... Other things.
Actually Bowser Jr. is in Fortune Street. Not that it really matters since it is more Square's game than anything. As for Mario Kart 7 there is rumor that Wiggler and Queen Bee are actually not the last newcomers to be revealed. Nintendo Power, after reading the article, left the possibility there may be more racers yet to be unveiled. We will not truly know until the game is released.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
^^^^^^
Everyone look at the post above me and REALLY comprehend what is being said.

Actually Bowser Jr. is in Fortune Street. Not that it really matters since it is more Square's game than anything. As for Mario Kart 7 there is rumor that Wiggler and Queen Bee are actually not the last newcomers to be revealed. Nintendo Power, after reading the article, left the possibility there may be more racers yet to be unveiled. We will not truly know until the game is released.
How is Queen Bee gonna work in Mario Kart 7? She's like 40 times Mario's size.
Wiggler I can understand, considering King Boo and Petey in Double Dash(and King Boo in Mario Kart Wii)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How is Queen Bee gonna work in Mario Kart 7? She's like 40 times Mario's size.
Wiggler I can understand, considering King Boo and Petey in Double Dash(and King Boo in Mario Kart Wii)

Guess size is not an issue for Nintendo? Ridley confirmed for Super Smash Bros 4.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Queen Bee's been confirmed? I gotta say, she's the last thing I'd think would make a Mario Kart racer. As for the issue of size, Nintendo has been known to rescale character sizes for the sake of the game. Smash 64 Pikachu says "hi".

This is it. Skyrim is comning out tonight. I WILL be getting it. To all who won't, for any reason: Destroy the reason!
I'm so there! For the next weekend... maybe the next week, I will have no social life and disappear off the radar of existence. XD

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Guess size is not an issue for Nintendo? Ridley confirmed for Super Smash Bros 4.
Still, King Boo isn't much bigger than Luigi in Luigi's Mansion.

I agree with Petey, but he was only about twice Mario's size. Mario couldn't climb around Petey. Queen Bee is just...HUGE. Wiggler makes sense, as does Shy Guy, but Queen Bee? She's a one timer who honestly didn't matter much.

Ignorance Is Bliss

Smash Rookie
Hello guys, this is my first post so don't hate ok?

My SSB4 Roster

Mario Reps:
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Toad
-Bowser Jr./Waluigi/Paper Mario

Yoshi Reps:
-Yoshi

Wario Reps:
-Wario
-Ashley/Cpt. Syrup

Donkey Kong Reps:
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-King K.Rool/Dixie Kong

The Legend of Zelda Reps:
-Link
-Zelda\Sheik
-Ganondorf (Discloned)
-Toon Link (Depends on another zelda for 3ds)
-Ghirahim/Demise/Tingle (Depends on Skyward Sword)

Metroid Reps:
-Samus\ZSS
-Ridley

Pokemon Reps:
-Pikachu
-Meowth
-Mewtwo
-PKMN Trainer Red
-Zoroark/Genesect/Meloetta (Depends on movies)

Kid Icarus Reps:
-Pit
-Palutena
-Medusa

Kirby Reps:
-Kirby
-King Dedede
-Meta Knight
-Bandana Waddle Dee

Pikmin Reps:
-Olimar

Earthbound/Mother Reps:
-Ness
-Lucas
-Ninten/Porky/Masked Man

Star Fox Reps:
-Fox
-Falco
-Wolf
-Krystal

F-Zero Reps:
-Cpt. Falcon
-Samurai Goroh

Fire Emblem Reps (Honestly i havent played any FE game yet):
-Marth
-Chrome
-Ceada/Micaiah

Retro/WTF? Characters:
-Ice Climbers
-Mr. Game and Watch
-Takamaru
-Duck Hunt Dog :troll:
-Lip

Other Franchises:
-Saki
-Isaac
-Little Mac

3rd Party Reps:
-Sonic
-Snake
-Prof. Layton
-Megaman
-Ryu/Geno

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hello guys, this is my first post so don't hate ok?

My SSB4 Roster

Mario Reps:
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
-Toad
-Bowser Jr./Waluigi/Paper Mario(should be Bowser Jr. combined with Shadow Mario)

Yoshi Reps:
-Yoshi

Wario Reps:
-Wario
-Ashley/Cpt. Syrup(Captain Syrup)

Donkey Kong Reps:
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-King K.Rool/Dixie Kong(Both)

The Legend of Zelda Reps:
-Link
-Zelda\Sheik
-Ganondorf (Discloned)
-Toon Link (Depends on another zelda for 3ds)
-Ghirahim/Demise/Tingle (Depends on Skyward Sword) [Tingle is the only mainstay throughout the series, and deserves credit first. He also has his own game and icon)

Metroid Reps:
-Samus\ZSS
-Ridley

Pokemon Reps:
-Pikachu
-Meowth(Unneeded. 3rd Gen Rep)
-Mewtwo
-PKMN Trainer Red
-Zoroark/Genesect/Meloetta (Depends on movies) [Genesect first.]

Kid Icarus Reps:
-Pit
-Palutena
-Medusa

Kirby Reps:
-Kirby
-King Dedede
-Meta Knight
-Bandana Waddle Dee

Pikmin Reps:
-Olimar

Earthbound/Mother Reps:
-Ness
-Lucas
-Ninten/Porky/Masked Man [Porky preferrably]

Star Fox Reps:
-Fox
-Falco
-Wolf
-Krystal

F-Zero Reps:
-Cpt. Falcon
-Samurai Goroh

Fire Emblem Reps (Honestly i havent played any FE game yet):
-Marth
-Chrome
-Ceada/Micaiah [Not sure. But should be Roy, Ike, Lyn, or Hector. We don't need two all new reps]

Retro/WTF? Characters:
-Ice Climbers
-Mr. Game and Watch
-Takamaru
-Duck Hunt Dog :troll: [You're not trolling with this one. Good choice.]
-Lip

Other Franchises:
-Saki
-Isaac
-Little Mac

3rd Party Reps:
-Sonic
-Snake
-Prof. Layton
-Megaman
-Ryu/Geno [Geno. You have too many Capcom reps. Also, Layton should be replaced with someone not Capcom.]
Replies in Brackets or Quotes where applicable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We totally needed a Halo DS, no lie. Then I honestly think he would've been great to put in the game. Also, tons of various weapons. Needler would've been great.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Master Cheif moveset is in action with HyperBlade (Thank you to all who joined it). Also stage/music is being comfirmed for the most popular.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I overheard a couple of u talking about the new villian looking like Ganondorf?
BULLCRAP HE DOES!
V Might spoil something about the game. LOOK OF U DARE!
He looks like a funkifed Erazor Djinn (Sonic and the Secret Rings) with THAT haircut. Never will I look at something else and say, "He looks like Ganondorf!".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, I'm saying he kind of looks like GANON. No dorf. Two completely different characters bound by arguably the same soul.

Character =/= Person. I've done this rant before.

Young Link, Goron Link, they're the same person, but are different characters. A different character has different powers, abilities, sometimes a different personality. But they can still be the same person if transformed into another one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's fine. Ganondorf and Ganon are not alike outside of personality at most. And even then, Ganondorf's a much smarter wizard. While Ganon is a huge pig/boar/puppet that's pretty much "Destroy Destroy Destroy".

Except perhaps in A Link to the Past and Wind Waker, maybe. Otherwise, pretty generic super boss and all. Ganondorf was more interesting in general, but Ganon was always the true muscle.

Also, does this mean Demise is Ganon(but not Ganondorf's) true father?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I want to know what's up with GameFAQs and their hate of Roy. Its not like any other lord besides Chrome (another blue-haired lord with a similar build as Ike) has any chance of getting in. They also all seem to think Ike is not vulnerable at all to being cut.

yani_

Smash Ace
@HF Okay for the Todd from pokemon snap AT

What do you think of this idea ( Not sure if someone suggested) but he'll just patrol the stage and take a picture of your enemies and they get stunned by the flash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@HF Okay for the Todd from pokemon snap AT

What do you think of this idea ( Not sure if someone suggested) but he'll just patrol the stage and take a picture of your enemies and they get stunned by the flash.
Acceptable. But as a realist, I don't think there's even a chance for a Pokemon AT.

Unless we get another summoning Tool, like Crystals for Final Fantasy Monsters.

D

Deleted member

I want to know what's up with GameFAQs and their hate of Roy. Its not like any other lord besides Chrome (another blue-haired lord with a similar build as Ike) has any chance of getting in. They also all seem to think Ike is not vulnerable at all to being cut.
Good question. When Create the SSB4 Roster on Roy, I was hoping for at least around 50%. Unfortunately, it seems as FE13's reveal has started to get the Krom fan base to grow and Roy got below a 40%.

This has me worried about how well Krom could potentially do even with so little information on him.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Good question. When Create the SSB4 Roster on Roy, I was hoping for at least around 50%. Unfortunately, it seems as FE13's reveal has started to get the Krom fan base to grow and Roy got below a 40%.
Chrome should not even have a fanbase. He is practically a leaner Ike that ran out of hair gel.

Its hilarious how people think lords other than Roy have a practical chance. Heck, if you even bring up Roy's Japanese popularity they go "la la la can't hear you, he's the worst lord, la la la."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
GameFAQ's is ********.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A new Lord being repped as a new character in Smash is kind of a trend that Sakurai likes. He often chooses new over old in any franchise that's got new characters coming in.

Lucario over a 3rd Gen rep? Ike over Hector, who'd be more unique?

Sorry to say, but NEW does sell and it does gather attention faster than old. This is basically life. Roy honestly has less chance then a newer character, since he still didn't have a game in America(besides Smash), last I checked. Many of the other Lords have been in America, so they're more well known.

Roy and Marth only got known because of Smash. Ike got known because of two Fire Emblem games. Is Chrome's game going to go worldwide? Yeah, that means he'll get more attention due to being new, unique or not.

D

Deleted member

Chrome should not even have a fanbase. He is practically a leaner Ike that ran out of hair gel.

Its hilarious how people think lords other than Roy have a practical chance. Heck, if you even bring up Roy's Japanese popularity they go "la la la can't hear you, he's the worst lord, la la la."
I'm surprised the Roy detractors/haters (not you HyperFalcon) haven't started to crack this thread to demoralize the fan base when this thread clearly has a somewhat stable fan base willing to defend Roy's chances.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
GameFAQ's is ********.
Tell me about it. Unfortunately, this is the largest community of Smash 4.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Roy and Marth only got known because of Smash. Ike got known because of two Fire Emblem games.
Marth got in because of how popular he was in Japan. Roy got in because Sakurai wanted another character to promote Fire Emblem. Ike got in because Intelligent Systems suggested him to Sakurai when he asked them which character should be Fire Emblem's newcomer for Brawl.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Marth got in because of how popular he was in Japan. Roy got in because Sakurai wanted another character to promote Fire Emblem. Ike got in because Intelligent Systems suggested him to Sakurai when he asked them which character should be Fire Emblem's newcomer for Brawl.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about how the American fans learned of these characters, not why they were added.

A new Lord being repped as a new character in Smash is kind of a trend that Sakurai likes. He often chooses new over old in any franchise that's got new characters coming in.
Well we know Roy and Mewtwo both aren't forgotten about, because they were almost added in Brawl. Plus we have Young Link showing up everywhere again, with Toon Link going under. And lastlt, they all already have SSB fans, so it's not like adding them is a risk. Although I don't think adding a single character that we usually discuss is a risk at all. Victini, Junior, Krystal, Goroh, Takamaru ect would all generall be recieved well, unless they had some Pichu problem.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How much of this applies to America? None. They weren't known in America, and this game helped it overall.

I'm an American, and without this game, nobody would've known about it. I'd like to note that Sakurai wants characters that are known both to all audiences, not just Japan. Characters like Roy stand less of a chance than characters who are seen overseas. If Chrome's game gets translated, he has a better chance than anyone from a Japan-Only game.

I ask again, what American game besides Smash has Roy appeared in? And Nintendo is making sure to translated all the new Fire Emblem games. New has a better chance than old in this case, due to new characters being known everywhere.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
GameFAQ's is ********.
I agree. I've never been on GameFAQs(THANK JEEZUM), but after hearing some of the things you guys have posted about them, I'm starting to wonder about their thought processes. Roy is obviously the best choice, and if Chrome DOES get in, he'll probably replace Ike. Marth's not going anywhere. So in short, I have decided I hate GameFaqs.

:glare: Stupid GameFaqers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom