• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
On the topic of Fire Emblem characters that would have unique movesets. Once again I am going to bring up Leaf. Leaf was a playable character in FE4 and FE5 (he is the lord of FE5). In FE4, Leaf can promote into a class called Master Knight. Master Knights can use swords, lances, axes, bows, staffs, and magic. Leaf can use almost every weapon type in the Fire Emblem series, just think of the moveset possibilities.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Is it me, or does sakurai think all big bad guys should be slow big brutes?

Can you imagine how much better bowser would be with fireballs?!

Or if ganon busted out his magick and dual wielder his swords?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The problem there is that Ganon is no longer a pigman.... soooooo.... I don't understand the argument...

:phone:
I think what he meant was that he used a different weapon other than a sword during some point in time, seeing as he used it; maybe Ganon should use it as well? I don't see it happening, probably either his sword, dark magic or ultimetly both.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

So, is anyone going to play along with me or what? P:

Again, are you guys not getting the fact that some people like Krystal...for her? Not because she's a sexualized character or a female? That doesn't seem to even click in your heads, it's weird.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Technically, Ganondorf has never used a weapon besides a type of sword. Broadsword, Twin Kitana.

Only Ganon has used a Trident. So it makes little sense to give Ganondorf a weapon he never used.

Kantrip

Kantplay
If you're talking about the backroom I don't think you were there to begin with. But I'm pretty sure if you asked SSBF he would let you join.
Yeah I'm talking about the backroom. I was in it before, and then I got removed from it for some reason.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Why is it that so many people want Krystal in? She's only in the bad Star Fox games, it'd be like adding another Sonic character and putting in Silver. I personally don't think Star Fox needs any more representation, but if it had to get another character I'd put in Peppy, he'd barrel roll all over the competition :awesome:

Also, why do people expect Ganondorf to get decloned when he's had a similar moveset for two games now. Honestly there's a Ganon fanbase within the smash community that'd get pretty pissed if they turned him into a completely different character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's like skipping over tails for silver when only Sonic and knuckles (And shadow) are in.

OmegaXXII

Why is it that so many people want Krystal in? She's only in the bad Star Fox games, it'd be like adding another Sonic character and putting in Silver. I personally don't think Star Fox needs any more representation, but if it had to get another character I'd put in Peppy, he'd barrel roll all over the competition :awesome:

Also, why do people expect Ganondorf to get decloned when he's had a similar moveset for two games now. Honestly there's a Ganon fanbase within the smash community that'd get pretty pissed if they turned him into a completely different character.
I agree with the Krystal part.

As for Ganon, really?, you honestly support clones then? I don't think they should stay clones since Ganon and Falco didn't exactly stay as clones since Melee, if anything; they got luigified to some extent, so tell me, why wouldn't Sakurai "declone" them even more if he deemed they should have a more unique moveset if Sakurai felt like it? If anything; people should be appraising it, not hating it because that means there would be one less ******* clone to deal with and not have, I honestly don't see your point why people would get so upset over it, they could realign, it's not like Brawl's and Melee mechanics were EXACTLY the same because they clearly weren't, if you say they are them you are clearly wrong and mistaking.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So many? Are you kidding me? It's ME. I'm one of the ONLY serious NON-FURRY supporters. Regaurdless of what anyone says or what new female characters come out, I'll still like her. She's officially the next StarFox character in line. SHE IS THE CHOICE. It's her, or no one, thankfully. That's the sole reason I have hope to see her playable. I can sit here and tell you how she does Falco's job 10x's better in the new games, I can sit here and tell you how she's been in more games than andross. I can make her case, but no one is willing to listen. Seriously. No one wants to see her go anywhere.

I can show you she would have been a better choice than Falco, if time permitted it. BUT, at the end of the day, she's too late. Falco got in over Wolf in Melee, and she never stood a chance in Brawl because Sakurai only played SF64 and the original. She herself is a good character, Adventures was a bad game. Not her fault. Basically any complaints people have with her involve a fanbase I do not, and will never recognize myself with. BUT IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER because a fanbase is a fanbase, and she's already been in Brawl. That's proof alone that Sakurai is okay with her in that respect. Not to mentin she basically confirms herself as the only fourth SF choice by saying "I'm the only one left who can fight!" in Brawl. (She was referring to a comment Slippy made)

It's worst when no one even bothers to listen. Basically, you just decide to ignorantly hate, and not listen to any reason. If anyone here can't let go of something, it the StarFox purists who blindly hate and place blame on Krystal for Adventure being a POS.

SFPurists make Lucario, Sonic, and Megaman fanboys look tame.

**** you, **** you, **** you, you're cool *looks at Oasis*, I'm out.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Krystal haters think movesets are just an added bonus and think Mario Kart is an important determining factor. /generalization

:troll:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
I actually had fun playing Adventures, but am I right in saying that it was a "bad" game because it was very different from the actual Star Fox games?

Also, I still don't see why Krystal is a bad character other than the furry fanbase or that Adventures is more like a Zelda game than Star Fox...

OmegaXXII

Because she doesn't merit a spot, her best chances were in Brawl and sadly she lucked out, what's the difference now? Falco and Wolf are suffient, Krystal doesn't have have the relevance, isn't as popular or demanded as say K. Rool is, the game she came from wasn't necessarly a "big seller",just give another franchise who actually needs a slot instead, like Metroid or DK Franchise for example.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Come to think of it, shouldn't Wolf's inclusion be more upsetting? I mean, your typical furry is a young homosexual white male after all.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
lol I think furries just care about anthropo, unless they're into pure bestiality or some sh**

Anyway Omega
If anything, Krystal is part of the latest Star Fox games and I don't consider a remake so much as relevance. I also don't think sales are really that big of a factor, especially Adventures since she was in 2 other Star Fox games. Krystal, I believe, is popular within the Star Fox series and while Metroid and DK have more deserving spots, I think Krystal has a deserving spot in her own series.

OmegaXXII

lol I think furries just care about anthropo, unless they're into pure bestiality or some sh**

Anyway Omega
If anything, Krystal is part of the latest Star Fox games and I don't consider a remake so much as relevance. I also don't think sales are really that big of a factor, especially Adventures since she was in 2 other Star Fox games. Krystal, I believe, is popular within the Star Fox series and while Metroid and DK have more deserving spots, I think Krystal has a deserving spot in her own series.
This is subjective; the term "deserving" is within the eyes of the beholder, it doesn't means she actually merits a slot just because you want her in, in reality it's Sakurai who should really decide whether she is "deserving" like you say she is, tell me, what is going to help out this time that didn't help her out during Brawl's hype's? If you ask me she had a HUGE fanbase and she was highly demanded at the time, I believe she even got into Sakurai's poll along with Geno, despite all of that, Sakurai still overlooked all of the support she had behind her and added Wolf instead, but just like Geno, she too has not much going for her now, you have to actually tell me why she merits a spot and why you think her chances are better now than they were in Brawl?

OmegaXXII

Where were you last night! D:

Chaos? Meh...Silver Son, y'know why?cuz he actually looks like Trunks. :awesome:

Man did you see the color swaps asage did on Mewtwo and Genesect? They looked awesome!

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'm curious about Zelda's design in this game will she get her Skyword Sword look or what? Because she isn't a princess in Skyward Sword I think.

OmegaXXII

Zelda will most likely retain her Skyward Sword look regardless whether she's a princess or not, it's the latest installment that will probably be represented in Smash just like OOT and Twilight Princess were represented before it.

OmegaXXII

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
More of a reason hehe, Krystal vs. Medusa/Palutena in a beauty contest?who would win?? It's obvious!

Medusa. Durr.

Why is it that so many people want Krystal in? She's only been in the bad games
Adventures wasn't good? lulz

PEOPLE LIKE KRYSTAL. Reguarless of who you give me, I'm still going to like her. Stop speaking in generalities.
Agreed. As a "non-furry" Krystal fan myself, I gotta say that no one wants to see things our way apparently...

Not every Krystal fan is a furry. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom