• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just hope that Sakurai finally gets rid of his bias on shiny Pokemons and add them as color pallets.

Also, awesome to know that asage94 works in some form in the gaming industry (or at least is learning about it). Those are some great pictures.
Correct that I do. As a student, I also have oppotunities to meet Game Makers and designers and such. I heard my team met an art designer of Pokemon. BTW I made that Moveset, go check it.

Well how about Lucario??

:phone:
Neone else? I wanna do someone different and newcoming.
EDIT: It's around one here, so actually PM me the ideas.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Okay, so here we have my eleven color plan for each character. I used Mewtwo because he's an easy color swap character. From left to right here is how EVERYONE'S colors would work.

1. Original color
2. Red color
3. Blue color
4. Green color
5. Yellow color
6. "Femme" color
7. Light color
8. Dark color
9. Palette Swap/In-Game color variation (This one is a Deoxys Pallete swap)
10. Palette Swap/In-Gam color variation (This is Shiny Mewtwo In Game color variation)
11. Random coloring (This is Pokemon Red/Blue Mewtwo)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Okay, so here we have my eleven color plan for each character. I used Mewtwo because he's an easy color swap character. From left to right here is how EVERYONE'S colors would work.

1. Original color
2. Red color
3. Blue color
4. Green color
5. Yellow color
6. "Femme" color
7. Light color
8. Dark color
9. Palette Swap/In-Game color variation (This one is a Deoxys Pallete swap)
10. Palette Swap/In-Gam color variation (This is Shiny Mewtwo In Game color variation)
11. Random coloring (This is Pokemon Red/Blue Mewtwo)
I'll have this beat by tomarrow with 40 different ones. That's a promise ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'll have this beat by tomarrow with 40 different ones. That's a promise ;)
It's not a competition, I don't think you realize this about most things here. This is a legitimate idea for SSB4. Eleven character colorings, that follow these guidelines. Not a competition. So I don't care if you make eight thousand of them. That wasn't the point.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hey just outta curiosity is there any nintendo character that uses a scythe?

A scythe user would be freakin awesome. :D I figure the FE players might know some. =p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's not a competition, I don't think you realize this about most things here. This is a legitimate idea for SSB4. Eleven character colorings, that follow these guidelines. Not a competition. So I don't care if you make eight thousand of them. That wasn't the point.
Umm... Lol? It was a joke, calm urself, grumpers ^^
I sense a hissy-fit in the force. But neways, I'm going to bed. Night all.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey just outta curiosity is there any nintendo character that uses a scythe?

A scythe user would be freakin awesome. :D I figure the FE players might know some. =p
If I recall, a sythe isn't a type of weapon used in FE. They use Lances, Swords, and Axes I THINK. There is SYTHEr.... and.... ummm. I think that's about it.. I mean... maybe there is a FE boss, or TLS/Xeno character with a sythe. But no MAJOR names pop into my head. I can think of other characters from other franchises, but they're all non-Nintendo.

And Asage, I'm not grumpy, just bothered by your whole "I must one up you" thing you got going on.

D

Deleted member

This is basically the tournament bracket I'm talking about that I am currently making:
WARNING: VERY LARGE IMAGE

From Left to Right, the contestants:

Bowser Jr, Toad, Paper Mario, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ghirahim, Tingle, Ridley, Krystal, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Zoroark, Victini, Roy, Chrome, Palutena, Medusa, Little Mac, Isaac, Saki Amamiya, Ray 01, Starfy, Shulk, Takamaru, Lip, Mega Man, Geno, Slime, Professor Layton.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This is basically the tournament bracket I'm talking about that I am currently making:
WARNING: VERY LARGE IMAGEFrom Left to Right, the contestants:
Bowser Jr, Toad, Paper Mario, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ghirahim, Tingle, Ridley, Krystal, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Zoroark, Victini, Roy, Chrome, Palutena, Medusa, Little Mac, Isaac, Saki Amamiya, Ray 01, Starfy, Shulk, Takamaru, Lip, Mega Man, Geno, Slime, Professor Layton.
I suggest randomizing, not pre-decided brackets. Is this going to be an ACTUAL fight type of thing? Or a debate type of thing? If a debate type of thing, WHY would you pair Krystal up with Ridley? A better debate would be Goroh vs. Ridley. That one would be worlds more interesting.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hey asage dude, I know ya don't mean to come off that way, but the way ya word things just sounds passive aggressive sometimes man. Talking **** afterwards doesn't help either. '3'

Awww, no scythe users? D: Well thanks anyways man~ I just wanna see some weapon diversity other then swords n arrows. I think the only way a scythe user would get in is if he was made as an original character for SSB4. ._.

Ohhh speaking of which, do yall think that would happen? A playable character that only exist in the smash universe? I mean we have a tabuu and the hands but they're bosses. It would be cool to have some kinda character that only exist in smash to be played as. =p

Kantrip

Kantplay
@SSBF, I think the left side of the bracket is kind of stacked. You should space out the really big contenders so we don't end up with something like Ridley VS Takamaru or Toad VS Duck Hunt Dog near the end, with Bowser Junior and Krystal eliminated first round.

D

Deleted member

I suggest randomizing, not pre-decided brackets. Is this going to be an ACTUAL fight type of thing? Or a debate type of thing? If a debate type of thing, WHY would you pair Krystal up with Ridley? A better debate would be Goroh vs. Ridley. That one would be worlds more interesting.
Basically, it's a poll where people cast their votes on who is the better choice out of the two and they are allow to debate on why said choice is more worthy. Once that round ends, whoever has the most votes will proceed to the next round. The debate is used so that supporter of said characters can convince others into agreeing with them.

As for why I picked Ridley vs. Krystal, it's because they are two of the most controversial specific characters in Smash speculation today.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Team Ridley. Lets goooo~

(Althouuugh I think ridley should go up against another villian, and krystal against another female/love interest character...if there is any left of course '3')

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Basically, it's a poll where people cast their votes on who is the better choice out of the two and they are allow to debate on why said choice is more worthy. Once that round ends, whoever has the most votes will proceed to the next round. The debate is used so that supporter of said characters can convince others into agreeing with them.

As for why I picked Ridley vs. Krystal, it's because they are two of the most controversial specific characters in Smash speculation today.
Okay, the problem I have is this:

Debates won't change votes

The winner is going to be Ridley, Mewtwo, or Megaman.

I like the idea, but it needs to be tweaked. Plus.... Krystal is going to lose. I WILL vote for her, because I love her, but she DOES NOT deserve to get in over Ridley. DOES NOT.

I've been tossing around the idea of doing a "Nintendo Strong!" tournament, where Nintendo and 3rd party characters FACE OFF in battle, and we DEBATE who would win. No votes, yes debate. The side with the best argument earns the victory for their character.

WOULD ANYONE LIKE THAT?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hmm... Ridley vs. Krystal.
That's gonna be one heated debate.
Honestly, I'm going for Paper Mario, Ridley, and Starfy, but that's just me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hector was always one of my picks. New weapons are a great idea. Honestly, I have no problem with non-sword weapon users. Mind you, sword users are fine if their relevance is better.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I can't think of any outside of pokemon. ;~; Speaking of which, nintendo needs more scythe users!

Anywho yea, hector would be awesome! I only played one FE game and he was in it. If I remember correctly his fighting style was "Run in and swing blindly" hurrrr. I'd actually like an aggressive axe wielder like that. :D

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hector was always one of my picks. New weapons are a great idea. Honestly, I have no problem with non-sword weapon users. Mind you, sword users are fine if their relevance is better.
Caeda for the lance user. I would LOVE to play as a lance wielder. It's cooler than a staff wielder. I could see her being very keep away pokey.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Okay, the problem I have is this:

Debates won't change votes

The winner is going to be Ridley, Mewtwo, or Megaman.

I like the idea, but it needs to be tweaked. Plus.... Krystal is going to lose. I WILL vote for her, because I love her, but she DOES NOT deserve to get in over Ridley. DOES NOT.

I've been tossing around the idea of doing a "Nintendo Strong!" tournament, where Nintendo and 3rd party characters FACE OFF in battle, and we DEBATE who would win. No votes, yes debate. The side with the best argument earns the victory for their character.

WOULD ANYONE LIKE THAT?
Agreed. It's rather obvious that it's pretty onesided.

As for that debating tournament, it sounds interesting and the idea has come up in my head a few times, so I guess I would be for that. It just depends on how it is handled and who would be the judge (should be someone pretty neutral and openminded).

Although the ground rules should probably be the 4 rules of inclusion that Sakurai has stated.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Lance i'd be cool with too. I can see a lance user as a mid-ranged melee zoner. Hell if any of these cool new weapon wielder got in i'd play as em~

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, I've always wanted a diffrent type of characters that ACTUALLY uses some different weapon, like instead of Chrome or Ike, have Hector, instead of having both Samurai Giroh and Takamaru (katana users) just have one and replace either with someone who is more unique (weapon based) or just add someone who would merit the slot better.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's funny how many people are for a lance user. :laugh:

I still have some hope for Caeda.

Should I get my moveset again? :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
An axe user would be nice too bad we already have one (to some extent). :laugh:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Agreed. It's rather obvious that it's pretty onesided.

As for that debating tournament, it sounds interesting and the idea has come up in my head a few times, so I guess I would be for that. It just depends on how it is handled and who would be the judge (should be someone pretty neutral and openminded).

Although the ground rules should probably be the 4 rules of inclusion that Sakurai has stated.
Oh it is, I've actually done something similar to this over the summer. After that, I figured out what works and what doesn't. Basically, I'm going to hold a "vote for ten characters" thing and see who the tenty contestents end up being.

So, yeah. Anyone interested? If SO PM ME PLEASE WITH YOUR TEN CHARACTER VOTES SO I CAN GET A MOVE ON WITH THE MATCH UPS~

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Who might that be? I do t see anybody. :p

REALLY

Techically Ike (FE10) is an axe user. They just have to give him a move that uses one.

And if he does return, chances are it'll be in his FE10 form. So I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced Eruption (too Roy-ish) with an axe move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom