• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
So because I'm not a TEASE like Omega, I made an image of SwayneGang's roster, and so I figured I should post it here as an example of how to NOT make a roster.

Thanks, Oasis. But (even though I've never played Other M) did you have to call him a "douchebag?"

That's the roster SwayneGang asked you to make for him, you tremendous jerk, lol.
I second that.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, this was more or less just going by the order of the series (from which game they were introduced in). I will do a remodel to make it more "fair" for the newcomers.

I am considering switch Dixie Kong's and Ridley's spot. The problem being is that it would pits two of some of the most wanted characters at Round 1 and I really don't want that to happen (I prefer that the one most wanted gets the most opportunity to advance)

For Mega Man vs. Geno, this match-up was done because Mega Man is by far the most wanted newcomer for SSB4 in terms of third-party and Geno back in the Brawl day was among the most requested newcomers and easily beat out Mega Man, so I'm curious to see how both match up to each other. But I'm as perfectly willing to swap Geno and Layton.

I'm also considering swapping out Roy and Krom and Starfy and Shulk's spot because Roy is the only character I could see beating out Mega Man in Round 3 under this situation The current line-up would have Mega Man defeat Starfy, Shulk, Takamaru, and Lip with one hand and Roy would actually provide a challenge.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If their sprite sheet states you can use, but put who made it's name on it, then your fine. If they don't ask for permission, that's their fault. But for respect, the borrower SHOULD label who made it, which I will.
In my case, The Shyguy Kingdom doesn't even list who made it. They don't even care if you use a sprite to work on your own. Odd, but eh. Whatcha gonna do, right?

But anyway, I can't wait to see the coloring.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Thanks, Oasis. But (even though I've never played Other M) did you have to call him a "douchebag?"

I second that.
Yes, it was a necessity to call him a douchebag. Because he is, and to a lesser extent it's mindboggling that you'd prefer him over Ridley. I QUESTION YOUR PRIORITIES.

Also you could call Omega a tremendous ******* and I doubt he'd skim enough of your post to notice.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was earlier thinking about trophy cameos, and for some reason, Aran Ryan came into my mind. Apart from a trophy appearance, not much else for him though.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
So because I'm not a TEASE like Omega, I made an image of SwayneGang's roster, and so I figured I should post it here as an example of how to NOT make a roster.

Did anyone else notice Oasis's tag for Adam Malcovich in the roster? :laugh:

I actually like the first row of the roster and the third row's not bad. I'm not sure I could ever swallow that last row for a Smash Bros. game, though.

That is a horrible roster, cool wishlist I guess.
You do realize Oasis made in probably an hour's time what you haven't made in a couple weeks? :p

Java, how would you feel if either Jimmy T/P or Syrup were the choice for a second Wario rep?
Wario Land was, along with Pokemon, the game series of my childhood. So I naturally love any Wario Land representation for Smash.

Most people turn down Syrup because she's a "twofer" - a female and a villain. But she also is the most recurring character in the Wario Land series outside of Wario. She is also the most popular choice for a second Wario rep since popularity for a WarioWare character is split between choices like Mona or Ashley and more.

Plus, she has the potential for a unique moveset. I've personally suggested a couple of times that she fights inside a giant, robotic version of a Spearman, the main henchmen in the Brown Syrup gang. An example of how this could work would be Tron Bonne's gameplay in the upcoming MvC3, as KumaOso suggested. At the 1:53 mark is the Wario Land Spearman to which I refer to.

So I do support Syrup for a new Wario character.

As for Jimmy T., I find him uninteresting for a playable character. The WarioWare characters I do support are Ashley and Orbulon. Ashley has all the potential with magic spells and witch abilities, and Orbulon as StarPhoenix showed would make a great, overlooked character who could play on the stereotypical "alien" feel humorously and for a moveset.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Got it. When I'm done with HyperFalcon's Brian Color Swap, I'll do this one. BTW I think the Brian one is gunna suck.
:( I don't think it would... I just wish there was a sprite that looked closer to the character themself, and not just a reimagining.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v301/SonixChao/Brian.bmp There's this actual image that might make it easier to make a new good sprite.(the thing about the Quest RPG sprites is that they still fit the original proportions)

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it was a necessity to call him a douchebag. Because he is, and to a lesser extent it's mindboggling that you'd prefer him over Ridley. I QUESTION YOUR PRIORITIES.

Also you could call Omega a tremendous ******* and I doubt he'd skim enough of your post to notice.
If you want, you can swap Adam out for Ridley. I won't mind.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
I agree with the Krystal part.

As for Ganon, really?, you honestly support clones then? I don't think they should stay clones since Ganon and Falco didn't exactly stay as clones since Melee, if anything; they got luigified to some extent, so tell me, why wouldn't Sakurai "declone" them even more if he deemed they should have a more unique moveset if Sakurai felt like it? If anything; people should be appraising it, not hating it because that means there would be one less ******* clone to deal with and not have, I honestly don't see your point why people would get so upset over it, they could realign, it's not like Brawl's and Melee mechanics were EXACTLY the same because they clearly weren't, if you say they are them you are clearly wrong and mistaking.

:phone:
Have you ever played any fighting games other than Smash Bros.? Characters with similar movesets are pretty common. Now, I'm not saying that they wouldn't further "Luigify" or "Falcoize" Ganon but I think a 100% new moveset with a sword is fairly unlikely.

Also, I don't hate Krystal, I'd have no real problem with her being in, it just strikes me as an odd choice when Star Fox already has more representation than Metroid, especially since the games she's in aren't exactly remembered fondly by most.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, here we go...:

Ignore what the txt says in the pic. It says Sprites made by Antifarea.
Yellow and Brown are difficult to pull off. Blue is alrdy made for normal

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Captain Syrup is my most wanted Wario rep, too, Java. :)

Speaking of which, what character from each already represented franchise in Smash do you want/support the most? If you don't have one for a particular franchise, just leave it blank or whatever.

[COLLAPSE="My preferences"]

Mario: Tie between Toad and Waluigi

LoZ: Skull Kid

Pokemon: Mewtwo

Donkey Kong: King K. Rool

Metroid: Ridley

Star Fox: Krystal

Kirby: N/A

Earthbound: N/A

Wario: Captain Syrup

Yoshi: N/A

Kid Icarus: Medusa

Fire Emblem: Roy

F-Zero: Samurai Goroh

Any Retro/Classic Franchise: Tie Between Duck Hunt Dog and Mach Rider

Sonic: Knuckles

Third-Party in General: Tie Between Pac-Man, Cassandra and Viewtiful Joe [/COLLAPSE]

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I had the oddest dream last night, about SSB4 no less, which I never do...

It was in Mother3-esque 2D, but a few newcomers were confirmed unlockable. They were Toad, Little Mac, Starfy, (here's where it gets really weird...) Disco Kid from Punch-Out Wii, and another Punch Out rep that was completely new. He looked like a mix between Super Macho Man and Rawk Hawk from PM:TTYD. Maybe he was an Egyptian stereotype...

Also, it was in trailer format showing a new way to unlock characters. The person was playing as Mario. After completing Classic Mode on Hard or higher, you get a bonus mode, where it is only five seconds in length, but if you run up to a patterned block with Mario and smash it Super Mario Bros. style, you get to fight an unlockable character. Little Mac was in an orangey-brown box, Starfy in a Seafoam Green box, Toad in a regular Mario box, but with a Propeller. Disco Kid was blue, and the nonexistent Punch Out guy was golden.

Overall, it was an odd dream, but the character fight mode seemed pretty interesting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, here we go...:

Ignore what the txt says in the pic. It says Sprites made by Antifarea.
Yellow and Brown are difficult to pull off. Blue is alrdy made for normal
Needs more than four. Otherwise, awesome job, Asage! (and now it's time to leave)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mario: Toad

LoZ: Young Link

Pokemon: Tie between Victini and Lucario

Donkey Kong: No one.

Star Fox: Peppy :awesome:

Kirby: Bio Spark

Earthbound: No one.

Wario: Kat and Ana

Yoshi: Baby Mario and Luigi

Any Retro/Classic Franchise: No one.

Sonic: Tie between Knuckles and Tails

Third-Party in General: Tie between Bomberman, Ameterasu, and Zero

JavaCroc

Smash Ace

Speaking of which, what character from each already represented franchise in Smash do you want/support the most? If you don't have one for a particular franchise, just leave it blank or whatever.

Third-Party in General: Tie Between Pac-Man, Cassandra and Viewtiful Joe [/COLLAPSE]
Copying your list and replacing the choices with mine:

Mario: Bowser Jr. if anyone, I guess

LoZ: Midna & Wolf Link

Pokemon: Suicine

Star Fox: N/A

F-Zero: Pico

Any Retro/Classic Franchise: Tie Between Duck Hunt Dog and Sukapon

Sonic: N/A

Third-Party in General: N/A[/COLLAPSE]

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team

This is completely hypothetical, not who I would actually put on a roster

Mario series: Fawful
Zelda series: Skull Kid
Pokemon series: Mewtwo
Donkey King series: K. Rool
Star Fox: Peppy
Kirby: None
Earthbound: Jeff
Wario: 9 Volt
Yoshi: None
Fire Emblem: Lyndis
Retro: Little Mac
Third Party: Travis Touchdown

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Oh wow, whoever made that roster should feel bad.

Well Damn.

That guy must not have good tastes if he added a good number of redundant picks.
Well Damn.

Hey. I can dream, can't I?
Dreams only come to sleeping men.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mario series: Bowser Jr.
Zelda series: Toon Zelda/Tetra
Pokemon series: Victini
Donkey King series: K. Rool
Star Fox: Krystal/NA
Earthbound: Masked Man
Wario: N/A
Fire Emblem: Undecided
Retro: Muddy Mole
Third Party: Mega Man

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why is it that so many people want Krystal in? She's only in the bad Star Fox games, it'd be like adding another Sonic character and putting in Silver. I personally don't think Star Fox needs any more representation,
The two primary reasons why Krystal had so much support during the pre-Brawl days were:
1. There are a TON of furries within the Smash fanbase.
2. She was the most likely female newcomer next to Dixie Kong and Midna, and unlike those two, she was clearly sexualized, which boosted the rabidness of her supporters. Lyn and Micaiah's support was greatly compromised from there being a lot of different characters being supported from the Fire Emblem newcomer slot (Ike, Sigurd, and Hector).

She only has point one working in her favor now.

When Kid Icarus Uprising is released, we will have TWO attractive female characters whom are very likely to be added in.

Also to Smash Fan, if Palutena or Medusa is among the first newcomers unveiled for Smash 4, I can easily see the latter one of the two having a massive following for being placed in Smash Bros.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Overlord:

Mario: Bowser Jr.

LoZ: Tingle

Pokemon: Deoxys

Earthbound: Porky

Fire Emblem: Black Knight

F-Zero: Pico

Any Retro/Classic Franchise: Mach Rider

Third-Party: ...Firebrand :awesome:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Here's what I think...

Mario: Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong, King K. Rool

Star Fox: Leon

Pokemon: Zoroark

F-Zero: Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow

Fire Emblem: Chrome (possibly)

Kid Icarus: Palutena (possibly)

Other Franchises: Starfy, Isaac, Saki, Takamaru

Third Party (Sonic): Tails

Third Party (Final Fantasy): White Mage (possibly), Black Mage (possibly)

Third Party (Dragon Quest): Slime (possibly, if only one Final Fantasy rep)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
The two primary reasons why Krystal had so much support during the pre-Brawl days were:
1. There are a TON of furries within the Smash fanbase.
2. She was the most likely female newcomer next to Dixie Kong and Midna, and unlike those two, she was clearly sexualized, which boosted the rabidness of her supporters. Lyn and Micaiah's support was greatly compromised from there being a lot of different characters being supported from the Fire Emblem newcomer slot (Ike, Sigurd, and Hector).

She only has point one working in her favor now.

When Kid Icarus Uprising is released, we will have TWO attractive female characters whom are very likely to be added in.

Also to Smash Fan, if Palutena or Medusa is among the first newcomers unveiled for Smash 4, I can easily see the latter one of the two having a massive following for being placed in Smash Bros.
Oh, for the love of God, can we stop discussing Krystal and her fans????

Most furries aren't sexualized even. They just like the characters for who they are. Fans are fans, no less.

Let's use a Shortie solution to this argument:

Krystal is an unlikely but possible candidate for SSB4.

EVERYONE BE HAPPY NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom