• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Morning, everyone! Got a new adventure quest coming up, and for now, a new color pallette:
Ameterasu:

Just to point out. The fire on her back is different because it gives her that god feel.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
[COLLAPSE="JavaCroc's Long List of Quotes and Responses Vol. 2"]
I hope this is who Slime is:
I'm liking the palette swaps, asage94. How about a Lucario palette swap for Zoroark?

Also, awesome to know that asage94 works in some form in the gaming industry (or at least is learning about it). Those are some great pictures.
He is? I didn't know that. What is he working on?

This is basically the tournament bracket I'm talking about that I am currently making:
WARNING: VERY LARGE IMAGE

From Left to Right, the contestants:

Bowser Jr, Toad, Paper Mario, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ghirahim, Tingle, Ridley, Krystal, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Zoroark, Victini, Roy, Chrome, Palutena, Medusa, Little Mac, Isaac, Saki Amamiya, Ray 01, Starfy, Shulk, Takamaru, Lip, Mega Man, Geno, Slime, Professor Layton.
Some of these match-ups are incredibly unfair. Ridley vs. Krystal? Krystal would be crushed. Mega Man Vs. Geno? How about Black Mage Vs. Geno, and then make a Mega Man vs.

PEOPLE LIKE KRYSTAL. Reguarless of who you give me, I'm still going to like her. Stop speaking in generalities.
Agreed.

On the topic of Fire Emblem characters that would have unique movesets. Once again I am going to bring up Leaf. Leaf was a playable character in FE4 and FE5 (he is the lord of FE5). In FE4, Leaf can promote into a class called Master Knight. Master Knights can use swords, lances, axes, bows, staffs, and magic. Leaf can use almost every weapon type in the Fire Emblem series, just think of the moveset possibilities.
Huh, sounds interesting. He'd definitely bring something new to the table for Fire Emblem. I'd prefer he take a fourth slot, though, so we get Marth, Ike, and a returning Roy first.

So, is anyone going to play along with me or what? P:
I would. Sadly, you can't start it when people continue b***ing over Krystal. :ohwell:

So many? Are you kidding me? It's ME. I'm one of the ONLY serious NON-FURRY supporters. Regaurdless of what anyone says or what new female characters come out, I'll still like her. She's officially the next StarFox character in line. SHE IS THE CHOICE. It's her, or no one, thankfully. That's the sole reason I have hope to see her playable. I can sit here and tell you how she does Falco's job 10x's better in the new games, I can sit here and tell you how she's been in more games than andross. I can make her case, but no one is willing to listen. Seriously. No one wants to see her go anywhere.

I can show you she would have been a better choice than Falco, if time permitted it. BUT, at the end of the day, she's too late. Falco got in over Wolf in Melee, and she never stood a chance in Brawl because Sakurai only played SF64 and the original. She herself is a good character, Adventures was a bad game. Not her fault. Basically any complaints people have with her involve a fanbase I do not, and will never recognize myself with. BUT IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER because a fanbase is a fanbase, and she's already been in Brawl. That's proof alone that Sakurai is okay with her in that respect. Not to mentin she basically confirms herself as the only fourth SF choice by saying "I'm the only one left who can fight!" in Brawl. (She was referring to a comment Slippy made)

It's worst when no one even bothers to listen. Basically, you just decide to ignorantly hate, and not listen to any reason. If anyone here can't let go of something, it the StarFox purists who blindly hate and place blame on Krystal for Adventure being a POS.

SFPurists make Lucario, Sonic, and Megaman fanboys look tame.

**** you, **** you, **** you, you're cool *looks at Oasis*, I'm out.
While I don't agree with every point on why Krystal should make it in, I do agree with the general idea and context of the quote.

Fans are fans. There aren't "worse" or "better" fans of a subject or character.

This is subjective; the term "deserving" is within the eyes of the beholder, it doesn't means she actually merits a slot just because you want her in, in reality it's Sakurai who should really decide whether she is "deserving" like you say she is, tell me, what is going to help out this time that didn't help her out during Brawl's hype's? If you ask me she had a HUGE fanbase and she was highly demanded at the time, I believe she even got into Sakurai's poll along with Geno, despite all of that, Sakurai still overlooked all of the support she had behind her and added Wolf instead, but just like Geno, she too has not much going for her now, you have to actually tell me why she merits a spot and why you think her chances are better now than they were in Brawl?
So instead of arguing on the merit of the character as y.toonlink did, you're arguing off-tangent on what "deserving" means? Everyone uses the word: it's understood that there is no definitive definition to "deserving". He provided some argument points, but you either overlooked them or brushed them away.

Besides, Sakurai had probably decided the characters for Brawl (except for Sonic, of course) already when the poll came out. So Krystal wasn't added because Sakurai hadn't originally intended her to be in Brawl - a critical point. The early development stages of the game are by far the stages that determine the final character roster.[/COLLAPSE]

BTW, Shortie, I made some changes to my roster between then and now, so if you already have partially finished your review, you'll have to change some choices again. Sorry. :p

Character Name
- Indicates unlockable character

[COLLAPSE="JavaCroc's Super Liberal Roster - Updated"]Super Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Wario
Wario
Captain Syrup

Yoshi
Yoshi

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Midna & Wolf Link

Metroid
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Pico

Mother
Ness
Lucas

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa

Puzzle League
Lip
Dr. Mario

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Lucario
Victini

Misc. Modern Franchises
Olimar & Pikmin
Little Mac
Isaac
Starfy
Saki
Ray MK III
Kanan
Jiro

Misc. Retro Franchises
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Sukapon
[/COLLAPSE]

EDIT: Dangit, Sorry for the double post. :(

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hello asage, nice work.

@ croc: While I was arguing the general context of definition of "deserving" I was also pointing out what actually is going to merit Krystal a spot, please explain why you think she could be planned for SSB4, you have yet to answer this, nor anyone has.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

On non-sword Fire Emblem users, I can only really think of Caeda and Micaich.
ChronoBound said:
If a scantily clad animal from subpar games was able to get a cult-following, can you imagine what attactive HUMANS who have a major role in a major game will have?
Hate to say it, but I don't think they'll get major support like Krystal did back in the Brawl day. There will be major competition for the second spot between Palutena and Medusa, so support will be split between the two unless we get a situation where the fans join together for both and create a Kirby situation like in Brawl.
ChronoBound said:
Currently the only two Fire Emblem characters that have a plausible chance are Chrome and Roy.

I don't why people keep thinking non-lords have a plausible shot, especially characters from the FE9/FE10 (the poorest selling arc in the entire series).
I really do think Roy's chances hinges on how well Chrome's game does. If it is received well, then I fear that the only option is Chrome.

As for why people keep thinking non-lords have a plausible shot, probably because of move set potentials. Not that I think they do, especially after FE13.
ChronoBound said:
Skyward Sword is going to be released in about a month, so hopefully we will finally know how important Ghirahim actually is in Skyward Sword. Currently, I think he is the Zelda series's best hope at getting a fifth slot. However, it really hinges upon:
1. How well Skyward Sword is received (and how popular it becomes/sales).
2. What Ghirahim's importance in the game is.
3. How Ghirahim is received as a character.
I have no doubt that Skyward Swords will be universally acclaimed (scoring in the mid-late 90s overall) and that sales will be awesome (especially after the horrible drought that was this year). It's the other two we should be concern about, especially #2 since there is a good chance of us having Ghirahim as another "Zant".
Kantrip said:
I forget - was there a reason I was removed from your guys' social group?
I'll add you back. Sorry that it happened.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@ croc: While I was arguing the general context of definition of "deserving" I was also pointing out what actually is going to merit Krystal a spot, please explain why you think she could be planned for SSB4, you have yet to answer this, nor anyone has.
I didn't say she was planned for SSB4. I said she wouldn't have made it into SSB4 even if she did well in the poll because she was probably not considered during the game's early development stages.

But seriously, to all users on this thread, can we stop with the Krystal talk? I'm getting nauseous from it. :sick:

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: I think the reason why the hate fan base for Krystal is so obvious has to do with her failure to get into Brawl and her continued irrelevancy, both of which dropped her supports a lot. With the Star Fox series likely going into a halt, we both know her chances are bad.
Opelucid said:
I'm curious about Zelda's design in this game will she get her Skyword Sword look or what? Because she isn't a princess in Skyward Sword I think.
Probably so.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Luigi's Quest

-It shows a peaceful librarry,with a flag of the SSB symbol whipping from the wind.
-It then shows the insde, where Luigi is reading a book with the title, "Brave Facts".
-He puts the book down, and leaves the library, with a determined look.
-After leaving the library, he goes to the Sap Sap Forest, which he has to cross. But it seems different to him.
-As he walks through, vines cover the entrance.
-Luigi turns quickly to it, and then slowly, with a scardy-cat look, sees a bunch of Ghosts everywhere!
-Play as Luigi and get through Haunted Sap Sap, facing the ghosts from Luigi's Mansion. Can only be taken out by his (B)v move (I made up) called Vaccuum, which just sucks them up. The bigger they are, the longer it takes to suck'em up.
-Luigi makes it to the center of the forest, and sees Lucas, with his hands on his head, and crouched, with Ghosts tormenting him.
-Luigi's expression turns angry, and he sucks'em up.
-Lucas, slowly but surely, looks up, to see them gone.
-He runs over to Luigi, and thanks him by bowing.
-Luigi scratches his head in flatterment, but then sees more ghosts are coming. And that's not all.
-Luigi musters his courage, along with Lucas, to face off the fiends.
-Play as Luigi (1st) and Lucas (2nd) and go through Paranormal Sap Sap Central, facing Ghosts and spiders that fly, called Spidaerials.
-After getting through the woods, Luigi sees that the exit is straight ahead, then sigh with relief.
-Lucas turns to his right, then straightens quickly, and taps Luigi's side.
-Luigi turns, and sees the problem. He yelps in fear.
-A Dusknoir, juggling Olimar's trophy, watches them with his one eye.
-He drops the trophy, and then a bunch of Sableye come forward, looking mighty fighty.
-Lucas shivers, hands near his mouth, but Luigi pats him on the back.
-Lucas looks, but sees no assurance, as Luigi is shivering too.
-BOSS BATTLE! VS DUSKNIOR AND HIS SABLEYE (Each Sableye, which are 5, have 70 Stanima each. Dusknoir will only fight when they are down.)!
-Dusknoir staggers while his Sableye are down.
-Luigi puts up his fists, ready to fight again, along with Lucas.
-Dusknior looks around them, and points..
-The two straighten, and then look behind them... and then scream!
-Credits..?

Normal or Harder...

-Behind them is King Boo! Ready for an ambush!
-Dusknoir, knowing what to do, uses Disable on the foe, and waves Luigi and Lucas to go.
-Luigi follows suit and runs, but Lucas wonders about Olimar.
-Luigi grabs him, and then toonishly darts away.
-Play as Luigi (1st) and Lucas (2nd) and get out of woods as fast as you can. Time limit: 1 minute, 30 seconds.
-They get near the exit, but King Boo appears in front of them, scaring Lucas to fainting. Luigi shivers, but then that mean green machine we all know shows his courage.
-He points at King Boo, and says "Let's a-go!"
-King Boo laughs, then strikes.
-BOSS BATTLE ULTRA! VS KING BOO (Play only as Luigi)!
-After beating him, Luigi does a super jump, saying, "Yahoo!" and then turns to Lucas's rising body.
-Luigi pulls his hand out, smiling.
-Lucas takes it, and the twosome leave the trecherous forest.
-Credits!

(Quest Adventure Mode Idea)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is basically the tournament bracket I'm talking about that I am currently making:
WARNING: VERY LARGE IMAGE

From Left to Right, the contestants:

Bowser Jr, Toad, Paper Mario, Waluigi, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ghirahim, Tingle, Ridley, Krystal, Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Zoroark, Victini, Roy, Chrome, Palutena, Medusa, Little Mac, Isaac, Saki Amamiya, Ray 01, Starfy, Shulk, Takamaru, Lip, Mega Man, Geno, Slime, Professor Layton.
Okay, I predict the following winners (the winners in red):

[COLLAPSE="Tournament"]Round 1

Bowser Jr. vs. Toad
Paper Mario vs. Waluigi
King K. Rool vs. Dixie Kong
Ghirahim vs. Tingle
Ridley vs. Krystal
Samurai Goroh vs. Black Shadow
Mewtwo vs. Deoxys
Zoroark vs. Victini
Roy vs. Chrome
Palutena vs. Medusa
Little Mac vs. Isaac
Saki Amamiya vs. Ray 01
Starfy vs. Shulk
Takamaru vs. Lip
Mega Man vs. Geno
Slime vs. Professor Layton

Round 2

Bowser Jr. vs. Paper Mario
King K. Rool vs. Ghirahim
Ridley vs. Samurai Goroh
Mewtwo vs. Zoroark
Roy vs. Medusa
Isaac vs. Saki Amamiya
Shulk vs. Lip
Mega Man vs. Slime

Round 3

Bowser Jr. vs. King K. Rool
Ridley vs. Mewtwo
Roy vs. Isaac
Shulk vs. Mega Man

Round 4

King K. Rool vs. Mewtwo
Roy vs. Mega Man

Final Round

Mewtwo vs. Mega Man[/COLLAPSE]

OmegaXXII

@Shortiecanbrawl: I think the reason why the hate fan base for Krystal is so obvious has to do with her failure to get into Brawl and her continued irrelevancy, both of which dropped her supports a lot. With the Star Fox series likely going into a halt, we both know
Agreed with this, I don't actually hate her, it's just difficult to see it happening due to her failure in Brawl and reps that Star Fox has already, nothing personal.

OmegaXXII

I didn't say she was planned for SSB4. I said she wouldn't have made it into SSB4 even if she did well in the poll because she was probably not considered during the game's early development stages.

But seriously, to all users on this thread, can we stop with the Krystal talk? I'm getting nauseous from it. :sick:
Early development planning towards a character isn't always necessarly true, Sonic for example wasn't planned at all, yet he still got in, catch my drift?

I will drop the Krystal discussion just for ya. ;)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Okay, I predict the following winners (the winners in red):

[COLLAPSE="Tournament"]Round 1

Bowser Jr. vs. Toad
Paper Mario vs. Waluigi
King K. Rool vs. Dixie Kong
Ghirahim vs. Tingle
Ridley vs. Krystal
Samurai Goroh vs. Black Shadow
Mewtwo vs. Deoxys
Zoroark vs. Victini
Roy vs. Chrome
Palutena vs. Medusa
Little Mac vs. Isaac
Saki Amamiya vs. Ray 01
Starfy vs. Shulk
Takamaru vs. Lip
Mega Man vs. Geno
Slime vs. Professor Layton

Round 2

Bowser Jr. vs. Paper Mario
King K. Rool vs. Ghirahim
Ridley vs. Samurai Goroh
Mewtwo vs. Zoroark
Roy vs. Medusa
Isaac vs. Saki Amamiya
Shulk vs. Lip
Mega Man vs. Slime

Round 3

Bowser Jr. vs. King K. Rool
Ridley vs. Mewtwo
Roy vs. Isaac
Shulk vs. Mega Man

Round 4

King K. Rool vs. Mewtwo
Roy vs. Mega Man

Final Round

Mewtwo vs. Mega Man[/COLLAPSE]
Personally, there are some match-ups in the mix that I feel are completely unfair. Would Geno ever stand a chance to Mega Man? How about Black Mage vs. Geno?

Here's some of my personally chosen matches:

Waluigi vs. Rosalina
Paper Mario vs. Young Link
Black Mage vs. Geno
Ryu Hayabusa vs. Professor Layton
Slime vs. Mega Man

BTW, in case you don't know, Arcadenik, you've won my support for Duck Hunt Dog by comparing him to the old classic cartoon dogs of the 30's - 60's. ;)

Early development planning towards a character isn't always necessarly true, Sonic for example wasn't planned at all, yet he still got in, catch my drift?

I will drop the Krystal discussion just for ya. ;)
I would respond with a counterpoint, but I'm just happy to drop Krystal discussion. Thank you. :)

@Asage's Roster: Kamek, IMO, is a more interesting and less annoying choice than the Baby Mario Bros. (I can't stand them) and I'd prefer Ashley or Orbulon for a WarioWare rep over Kat & Ana. Plus, you didn't add any new franchises.

However, you made probably the most satisfactory selection for Pokemon one could possibly make and you added Amaterasu, who's a very cool character in my book. So nice roster. :)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I decided to make a roster list of my own. (I dunno how to how to make it a hidden message. Also note that
Name
means it must be unlocked):

Super Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
~
Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Wario:
Wario
Kat and Ana

Yoshi:
Yoshi
Baby Mario and Luigi

Legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Young Link

Metroid:
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede
Prince Fluff

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth
Roy

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Mother:
Lucas
Ness

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Victini
Lucario
Mewtwo

Classic Returns:
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch

Third Party (All must be unlocked):
Snake
Sonic
Bomberman
Ameterasu
Mega Man Volnutt

Now listen. I'm not looking for a reward for this, so don't jump down my throat. This is more like a dream roster.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So because I'm not a TEASE like Omega, I made an image of SwayneGang's roster, and so I figured I should post it here as an example of how to NOT make a roster.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I SO want these two as Wario Reps:

Kat and Ana
@HyperFalcon :facepalm: Really, man? These sprites are the 8-bit versions. Nice colors, but it's hard to figure out.
That's because they're the only official sprites available. Quest 64 used pure polygons, but the game boy versions are naturally 8-bit. If you want easier to work with one, there's always Deviantart.

Also, Kat and Ana OR Captain Syrup are my choices. I'd prefer more Wario Land rep, myself.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@HyperFalcon I like the colors, but this sprite would make more sense to see the color's traits:

Don't worry about Official sprites. If you want, I''ll remake ur colors into this one.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@HyperFalcon I like the colors, but this sprite would make more sense to see the color's traits:
As I said before, I was going with official art and not fanart. But I wrote my colors in the Broom. Color as you wish, though.(also, I would have to spend time getting permission to recolor someone's sprite.)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
As I said before, I was going with official art and not fanart. But I wrote my colors in the Broom. Color as you wish, though.(also, I would have to spend time getting permission to recolor someone's sprite.)
If their sprite sheet states you can use, but put who made it's name on it, then your fine. If they don't ask for permission, that's their fault. But for respect, the borrower SHOULD label who made it, which I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom