• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, for the love of God, can we stop discussing Krystal and her fans????

Most furries aren't sexualized even. They just like the characters for who they are. Fans are fans, no less.

Let's use a Shortie solution to this argument:

Krystal is an unlikely but possible candidate for SSB4.

EVERYONE BE HAPPY NOW.
Furry implies the sexualized fetish that was around long before anthropomorphic cartoon animals as we know them today

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Are we going to start saying entitled instead of deserving now.

Ridley - the most entitled character for Sm4sh... Yeah, it's good.

Also Krystal has more to worry about with Marth. They're both feminine, blue-haired weapon-users.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And for the record:

Everyone is furry for Simba, Kovu, Krystal, and Cheetara. There's no shame in being furry for Krystal.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Luco and Java, your reviews are coming, but Asage got me in the mood to show off my ten recolors idea.
Would you mind reviewing my roster as well?

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Waluigi: He'd rep the many Mario spinoff games and It seems logical to add him at this point. His moveset could be based on all the spinoff games. He could have a Mario Kart attack, similar to Wario's motorcycle. He could also have a baseball bat, tennis racket similar to peach's, and a move that somehow referenced Mario Party. Maybe his up B?
Rosalina: Rosalina is a very important character in Galaxy. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are two of the best games on the Wii, and are very important games in Mario's history. Rosalina is a logical add, SSB4 needs a Galaxy rep.

Paper Mario:
Paper Mario: Another original moveset, and a completley new playstyle is possible here. He'd be able to use his hammer and the Final Smash could be extremely creative.

WarioWare:
Wario

Yoshi:
Yoshi

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool: he's one of the few long time Nintendo villains who has never made a Smash appearance. The Donkey Kong series is huge and needs more reps. Chance for an original moveset as well.
Dixie Kong: I nearly left her off, and I put her on cautiously. If only one new DK rep, i'd say K. Rool, but if she gets an original moveset, she certainly has enough support.

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Metroid:
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley: does this really need to be explained?

Kid Icarus:
Pit
Medusa: Honestly, i'd almost say even with the new game coming out, keep it as just Pit. But with Sakurai making the new Kid Icarus game, and knowing how much Kirby he put into Brawl, I'm assuming they'll be a new KI rep and Medusa seems to be a strong choice.

Ice Climbers:
Ice Climbers

ROB:
ROB

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Yarn Kirby OR Prince Fluff: There is potential for a completley original and fun moveset here. Epic Yarn was completely different and should be represented.

Pikmin:
Olimar

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal: Along with Ridley, Brawl's biggest snub. Time to bring her in.

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Red (Pokemon Trainer)
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo: Can't deny his popularity. He's on track to being to SSB4 what Ridley was to SSBB. Everybody wants him in.
Black/White Trainer: Another trainer that would play like Red. Gives the opportunity for three current gen Pokemon reps.

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
3DS Fire Emblem rep: Ike and Marth are different enough to keep both. But with the new game coming out, and since Nintendo seems to use the Smash games to promote this series, it's likely that a character from the new game will be included. I'm leaving this open because I don't know enough about the series to narrow down one specific character, but I do recognize that another FE rep is likely.

Mother:
Ness
Lucas

Game and Watch:
Mr. Game and Watch

Golden Sun:
Isaac: Honestly, I don't know much about him. But he's too requested to be left off the roster. And he was an assist trophy.

Fling Smash:
Zip: Zip would be one of the most unique characters in the game. As a brand new Nintendo franchise, Fling Smash could use the exposure. Zip could be unique in that he is slow on land, but the fastest aerial character in the game. He could have very powerful aerial smash attacks as well. A lot of potential here.

Chibi-Robo:
Chibi-Robo: It's time this franchise got some love. Chibi-Robo has three games already made (4 including new play control) with another rumored, yet it's still almost unheard of. Nintendo would do well to promote this character. Chibi-robo is an endearing character that is easy to like. He'd be very original with a creative moveset.

Captain Rainbow:
Captain Rainbow: It seems he'd be perfect for a Smash game. He is a superhero in his own game, so he'd already have a decent moveset. Besides, Rainbow vs Falcon would be really funny. In addition to being a natural fit, this could have a Stafy/Fire Emblem effect. Nintendo seems to like using Smash to introduce Japan-only characters and then bringing them over here. I could see it happening again with Captain Rainbow.

Doki Doki Panic:
Imajin: This would just be epic. Doki Doki Panic is the game that became Super Mario Bros 2 here in the States, and Imajin is the character that became Mario. The game (and character as well, iirc) was created by Miyamoto. Without Doki Doki Panic, the Mario series would never have had shy guys, birdo, or anything else introduced in that game. Peach wouldn't be pulling turnips in Smash and the SSE may have a different name (the world you entered when you walked through all those doors in Mario 2 is called the Subspace). Imajin's game is a huge part of Nintendo history. I know the chances aren't great, but he is probably in my top 5 of most wanted and I couldn't bare to leave him off.

Wii Etc
Mii: I'm actually thinking of a pre-designed, generic Mii rather than one of your own Mii's on the console. It would have moves based on wii sports, wii fit, wii sports resort, wii play, etc.

3rd Party:
Sonic
Snake
Megaman: Most requested 3rd party character not included in Brawl. The safe choice.
Viewtiful Joe: no third party character would fit better. His moveset in Viewtiful Joe would fit seamlessly into Smash. His game won several GOTY awards as a GameCube exclusive and every single game he has been featured in, with the exception of Marvel vs Capcom 2, has been on a Nintendo platform (sometimes exclusively). I admit he has very slim chances. But he is BY FAR my most wanted 3rd party and I had to make my case.

Perhaps I went overboard with 55 total characters (20 newcomers and bringing back Brawl's full roster), but seeing as how Brawl has 35 characters and this game is on Wii U, as well as the fact that this is almost the norm (if not on the small end) when it comes to roster sizes for current gen fighting games, I don't think it's too bad. In fact, i'd even say it's might be what we can expect.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Have you ever played any fighting games other than Smash Bros.? Characters with similar movesets are pretty common. Now, I'm not saying that they wouldn't further "Luigify" or "Falcoize" Ganon but I think a 100% new moveset with a sword is fairly unlikely.

Also, I don't hate Krystal, I'd have no real problem with her being in, it just strikes me as an odd choice when Star Fox already has more representation than Metroid, especially since the games she's in aren't exactly remembered fondly by most.
Well, I'm not completly saying Ganon should get a 100% complete revamp of his moveset, just further "luigification" would suffice, like say he gains a new move for his special but the rest could stay possibly the same it similar to how they were in past Smash games, like Mario's Tornado got replaced by FLUDD, that's how I look at the situation, I'm not expecting a complete revamp, but yes it could be a possibility if Sakurai is creative, even if a said character has an established moveset.

As for Krystal, I don't hate her as well, more like I feel other candidates merit a slot rather than her, give smaller franchises a slot, a chance before moving on to a 4th Fox rep which is really uneeded IMO unless Wolf or Falco got cut, which I find unlikely.

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Not really, just like any fan of a character/show/etc. you shouldn't have your mind swayed by one group's opinion. Unless your opinion on your fandom wasn't solid in the first place.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Bringing up a point in an earlier post. The Fire Emblem war for a newcomer spot during the pre-Brawl era was very chaotic. You had five characters with a very large amount of support. They were Ike, Hector, Lyn, Sigurd, and Micaiah. The Lyn fanbase eventually demoralized and crushed the Hector fanbase in order to consolidate all of the FE7 fanbase's support. The Lyn fanbase also worked to keep the Micaiah fanbase from growing by giving support to Ike (their arrangement was that FE's representation would be Ike and Lyn, with both Marth and Roy being gone).

Lyn's fanbase collapsed upon the Assist Trophy revelation. They all then migrated to the Micaiah fanbase and beated the drum myth that it was only going to be Tellius Fire Emblem characters that were going to be playable.

Sigurd fans believed that Sigurd was likely under the assumption that FE4 was the most popular Fire Emblem in Japan, and that Sigurd was Sakurai's favorite lord and that he was originally intended for Fire Emblem's second playable character spot over Roy, but was forced by Intelligent Systems to place Roy over him. Heck, some Sigurd fans pushed the "rumor" that he was planned for Smash 64. The Sigurd fanbase collapsed when someone translated Sakurai's journal and found out that Sakurai's favorite Fire Emblem character was Nabarl (a character from FE3). The repetition of the results to the pre-Melee poll (of which Sigurd got only two votes), also proved to demoralize the Sigurd fanbase.

The Black Knight also had a lot of support for a non-lord character, however, anyone with common sense knew non-lords had no shot.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I think it's possible for Mario's Down + B to be changed again, but to something more Galaxy-oriented.

I'd bet the main reason it was changed to the FLUDD in Brawl was because Sunshine was the newest Mario platformer during Brawl's time.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Problem is most of Krystal fanbase thinks she is likely and is entitled to a newcomer spot.
Well, I haven't been seeing anyone here thinking she's likely and "entitled" to a newcomer spot. Shortie likes her, but admits she's not likely and that Star Fox has all the characters it needs.

I think a sour taste just developed in the mouths of many Smash Bros. fans due to the loudness of Krystal fans during Brawl's development. I don't expect a complete revival of her support for SSB4.

Furry implies the sexualized fetish that was around long before anthropomorphic cartoon animals as we know them today
And is being used too vaguely these days to describe a type of fanbase that doesn't necessarily follow that fetish.

Also Krystal has more to worry about with Marth. They're both feminine, blue-haired weapon-users.
Gotta like Oasis humor in such a ridiculously touchy subject. ;)

Bringing up a point in an earlier post. The Fire Emblem war for a newcomer spot during the pre-Brawl era was very chaotic. You had five characters with a very large amount of support. They were Ike, Hector, Lyn, Sigurd, and Micaiah. The Lyn fanbase eventually demoralized and crushed the Hector fanbase in order to consolidate all of the FE7 fanbase's support. The Lyn fanbase also worked to keep the Micaiah fanbase from growing by giving support to Ike (their arrangement was that FE's representation would be Ike and Lyn, with both Marth and Roy being gone).

Lyn's fanbase collapsed upon the Assist Trophy revelation. They all then migrated to the Micaiah fanbase and beated the drum myth that it was only going to be Tellius Fire Emblem characters that were going to be playable.

Sigurd fans believed that Sigurd was likely under the assumption that FE4 was the most popular Fire Emblem in Japan, and that Sigurd was Sakurai's favorite lord and that he was originally intended for Fire Emblem's second playable character spot over Roy, but was forced by Intelligent Systems to place Roy over him. Heck, some Sigurd fans pushed the "rumor" that he was planned for Smash 64. The Sigurd fanbase collapsed when someone translated Sakurai's journal and found out that Sakurai's favorite Fire Emblem character was Nabarl (a character from FE3). The repetition of the results to the pre-Melee poll (of which Sigurd got only two votes), also proved to demoralize the Sigurd fanbase.

The Black Knight also had a lot of support for a non-lord character, however, anyone with common sense knew non-lords had no shot.
Why did so many people think both Marth and Roy could be excluded? I could see why people would fear for Roy, but Marth was the first Fire Emblem lord and the "popular new franchise" character chosen for Melee. To scrap him for Ike or Lyn just sounds ridiculous.

OmegaXXII

Haha, "entitled", sounds about right, right? :awesome:

And yes, Marth is a shoe-in, he's feminine, and blue as well so....that means Krystal is out. :3

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HURM, I like ChronoBound's Smash speculation history lessons.

D'you think Black Knight could land himself a spot as a boss, perhaps? I'd actually be happy to see that. Though, there are probably better potential FE bosses out there.

Poor Black Knight.

OmegaXXII

I think it's possible for Mario's Down + B to be changed again, but to something more Galaxy-oriented.

I'd bet the main reason it was changed to the FLUDD in Brawl was because Sunshine was the newest Mario platformer during Brawl's time.

Yes, that's precisely what I've been thinking, maybe if a certain special move is used in the Galaxy games maybe Sakurai could replace FLUDD with that new move, I however wouldn't mind if Mario didn't get a new move, I just want it replaced by tornado again as his special, FLUDD was lame and useless IMO.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My god, lots of hate on GameFaqs...especially towards Muddy...oh well, haters gonna hate...

Anyway, which characters would you guys most want to see as bosses?

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the related characters goes up and down. But in Super Smash Bros. Melee, the related characters goes left and right. The character roster which makes it easier is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. For me, I think the Brawl roster is kinda easy to recognize. What do you guys think?

@King Omasassekke XXVIII
The tornado move for Mario is already added since Super Smash Bros. for N64.

OmegaXXII

D'you think Black Knight could land himself a spot as a boss, perhaps? I'd actually be happy to see that. Though, there are probably better potential FE bosses out there.

Poor Black Knight.
I've suggested this several times, he could possibly land a role as an Adventure Mode Boss, instead of having all these generic ones, Sakurai should include a bunch of actual and recognizable bosses from a franchises respected game, it would make it much more appealing as well if actual Nintendo environment were put in to explore as well, like how Melee did there setup for example.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
HURM, I like ChronoBound's Smash speculation history lessons.

Poor Black Knight.
I think Medeus would be a much better choice for a Fire Emblem boss considering that he has been the final boss in FOUR games to the Fire Emblem series. He would also be a very worthy replacement to Ridley for the dragon boss of Adventure Mode. Black Knight though would be a reasonable second choice for a Fire Emblem boss, though I think Medeus should have priority over him.

Also, for those wondering, Ephraim and Eirika never really built up much support compared to the other characters that was mentioned. Eirika's support was basically beaten down by the Lyn fanbase which was determined to make her the only viable choice for a female Fire Emblem character. Ephraim had far more support than her sister, and their main point to him getting him was him using a lance. However, they soon collapsed at a time similar what a saw for the Hector fanbase.

Sothe also enjoyed quite a bit support initially when it was thought that he was one of the lords of FE10. However, that bandwagon got derailed once it was known he was not a lord of FE10.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
There definitely should never be another Subspace Adventure mode, that was... just awful

Also, we need Eggman and his big machines for a boss for the Sonic series

OmegaXXII

There definitely should never be another Subspace Adventure mode, that was... just awful

Also, we need Eggman and his big machines for a boss for the Sonic series
Yup, I for one concur with this, it definetly needs some overall improving, the plot wasn't all that great, the environments were awful since they were generic and enemies should have been actual ones that exist, more Goombas, redeads, wild pokemon, FE soldiers wouldn't hurt instead.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Yup, I for one concur with this, it definetly needs some overall improving, the plot wasn't all that great, the environments were awful since they were generic and enemies should have been actual ones that exist, more Goombas, redeads, wild pokemon, FE soldiers wouldn't hurt instead.

Fo shizzle, if they want a big adventure mode, they should make you progress through each video game universe, fighting the main bosses of each one at the end

Start off with Mario and Luigi going through an old style mario world fighting Bowser who found a way to rip open dimensions and they chase him into the scene of the final battle of Twilight Princess, team up with Link and so on

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Mario series: Bowser Jr.
DK series: King K. Rool
Yoshi series: Shy Guy(could have a unique moveset based around the different forms of Shy Guy)
Wario series: N/A
LoZ series: N/A
Metroid series: Ridley(durr)
Kid Icarus: Palutena/Medusa(don't know much about Kid Icarus)
Kirby series: N/A
Pikmin series: N/A
Starfox series: N/A
F-Zero series: Samurai Goroh
Pokemon series: Mewtwo/Victini(or both)
Fire Emblem series: Roy
Mother series: N/A
Third Party: Megaman and Bomberman
Also, I count Paper Mario as his own series.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Why did so many people think both Marth and Roy could be excluded? I could see why people would fear for Roy, but Marth was the first Fire Emblem lord and the "popular new franchise" character chosen for Melee. To scrap him for Ike or Lyn just sounds ridiculous.
Because of PROFOUND idiocy that was prevalent in the Smash fanbase. There were many things that were "rumors" and "hear-say" that was passed as a point toward a character or against a character.

Heck, there were idiots running around saying that Gardevoir was going to replace Mewtwo since it was the most recent popular psychic Pokemon.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
uhh for the Zelda series it's obviously Ganondorf

Also instead of all the characters having physics from the regular SSB gameplay in a sidescroller

They should try to implement each game universe's style into a portion of the adventure, it could promote the games in a way to maybe get people interested in trying them out if they haven't

For example, super mario world styled gameplay for the first part, then Donkey Kong Country gameplay for another, maybe we'd finally get a better sequel to the DKC trilogy even if it's only a level or 2 >_>

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Visually, here are my Adventure Mode Sonic boss choices (at least ones that I would love to see):

King Boom Boo

But, yeah, I do agree, Robotnik is probably universally the best choice...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ugh, if there has to be a Sonic boss in Smash 4's Adventure Mode, the only acceptable choice is Dr. Eggman.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Bosses and no one has thought of this?

Chaos 0 (or whatever form you want to use) breaks loose in Delfino Plaza, controlling all the water that Mario would usually use to battle his enemies.

Shadow (still needs to be playable) vs. Sonic

Metal Sonic (CD Version)

Don't hate on our Sonic Swag Chrono.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Ugh, if there has to be a Sonic boss in Smash 4's Adventure Mode, the only acceptable choice is Dr. Eggman.
There definitely should be one for every universe, it's fair, and Eggman is the best choice

Shadow would be very good too, but I think he's more suited as a playable character and ally to Sonic, or he could be on the dark side bosses too along with Bowser and Ganondorf, either could work and he could even switch sides at one point, but Eggman should definitely be there

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The Sonic fanbase has to be the worst fandom of all video game franchises. I actually think it would be a good thing if Sonic does not return in Smash 4 because it would at least deject the insane Sonic fanbase from the Smash fanbase. This comes from someone who was a big supporter of Sonic for Brawl. I also think the idea of having permanent guest characters in Smash Bros. is foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom