• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Amen!

Now then, let's get back on track, what would you guys want to discuss?

:phone:
Let's discuss how Chrono is still sidestepping this. I'll highlight the points.

Nah dog, I'm pretty chill. You're the one throwing Ad homs out.

I didn't say the fanbase isn't bad but it's not bad in this thread, so fall back with that.

Also, that 3 man group (I'm sure there's more) is louder than the fanbase you're trying call out.

3rd Party shouldn't get in over a 1st Party. If that 1st party you are supporting didn't get in and a third party did that means your game wasn't important enough. Simple as that.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Y'know... an actual Pikmin-based level for the story mode would be so perfect. A lot of the enemies would translate well into side-scrolling enemies. These exploration aspect would work out quite well as you play as Olimar searching the world for seedling Pikmin in the ground. Some obstacles could only be overcome if you have enough of the right Pikmin with you. Of course, you'd also have to keep them alive. :awesome:

That last part would probably make it one of the most frustrating worlds, lol.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Interesting, I'm sure he would make a fine boss representation, what would he do, slimy gooey attack? :awesome:

If you're referring to his back, that's not slime. It's like a mossy rock, so the only way to hurt him in the Pikmin games is to attack his face, which also happens to be his main method of attack.
He can crush Pikmin or eat them.
If you're referring to his tongue though, then yeah probably. :awesome:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Some people just can't tolerate bitter truth.

Put up a poll on a game forum about the worst fanbases in gaming, and the leaders in the poll will almost assuredly be Sonic, Final Fantasy, and whatever the current popular FPS franchise is at the time.
Swalala, my friend. Fans count for Sonic is getting low, but just w8 for November. There will be a (no pun included) a sonicboom over the game. Sorry, but apparently you can't handle the truth.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Some people just can't tolerate bitter truth.

Put up a poll on a game forum about the worst fanbases in gaming, and the leaders in the poll will almost assuredly be Sonic, Final Fantasy, and whatever the current popular FPS franchise is at the time.
I Might actually do a blog of this since I have the ability to make polls anyway, hmm, would like to see how people respond to Sonic's fanbase option.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, I agree Iblis bro.

But, anyways, let's just drop it, ****'s gettin' annoying.

So, anyone got any Event Mode ideas?

I got one:

Event: Speed Run!
Player: Sonic
Enemy: Black Sonic
Stage: F-Zero Raceway (From Adventure mode Melee, F-Zero stage)
Description: Race to the finish. No one attacks each other. If you attack black Sonic, u lose. If you lose the race, then u lose. Depending on difficulty, Black Sonic will make it to the finish line at a certain time.
Easy: 1 minute, 50 seconds
Normal: 1 Minute
Hard: 48 seconds

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Swalala, .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvaDUKjw6D8
Yeah, I agree Iblis bro.

But, anyways, let's just drop it, ****'s gettin' annoying.

So, anyone got any Event Mode ideas?

Bring back Trophy Event Matches and while their at it, make the trophy playable stages in VS. Mode.

I Might actually do a blog of this since I have the ability to make polls anyway, hmm, would like to see how people respond to Sonic's fanbase option.

Sounds interesting, you know?
I think the choices should be
Sonic
Final F
Street Fighter
Smash
Crossover Fighters
ehh that's all I can think of

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
That's not what I use Swalala as. This is my Swalala.
(:facepalm:)
Sadface.

Oh well, I'm about to hit the gym.

Time for me to start working out again, plus I'm pretty sure a certain someone will be pretty happy with it in the next three weeks.

Be back in about a hour?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Sadface.

Oh well, I'm about to hit the gym.

Time for me to start working out again, plus I'm pretty sure a certain someone will be pretty happy with it in the next three weeks.

Be back in about a hour?
Alright then son, you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

Add Battlefield (PC and PS3)/Call of Duty (360) to that list.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
One last thing, I think I'm going to putting a video link to a song that you guys should listen to when reading a post of mine. Most likely will see it when I'm hype about something.

PEACE NUKKAS

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Bring back Trophy Event Matches and while their at it, make the trophy playable stages in VS. Mode.
I got one:

Event: Speed Run!
Player: Sonic
Enemy: Black Sonic
Stage: F-Zero Raceway (From Adventure mode Melee, F-Zero stage)
Description: Race to the finish. No one attacks each other. If you attack black Sonic, u lose. If you lose the race, then u lose. Depending on difficulty, Black Sonic will make it to the finish line at a certain time.
Easy: 1 minute, 50 seconds
Normal: 1 Minute
Hard: 48 seconds
Nice ideas. :)

You know, Ganondorf should technically be a Trouble King like Bowser and Dedede but obviously he isn't because he's unlockable and Trouble King is always the first mission...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Overlooking an old Pokemon show, I saw this little guy. Chances= None, but I find that it would be an interesting playable character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Bringing up a point in an earlier post. The Fire Emblem war for a newcomer spot during the pre-Brawl era was very chaotic. You had five characters with a very large amount of support. They were Ike, Hector, Lyn, Sigurd, and Micaiah. The Lyn fanbase eventually demoralized and crushed the Hector fanbase in order to consolidate all of the FE7 fanbase's support. The Lyn fanbase also worked to keep the Micaiah fanbase from growing by giving support to Ike (their arrangement was that FE's representation would be Ike and Lyn, with both Marth and Roy being gone).

Lyn's fanbase collapsed upon the Assist Trophy revelation. They all then migrated to the Micaiah fanbase and beated the drum myth that it was only going to be Tellius Fire Emblem characters that were going to be playable.

Sigurd fans believed that Sigurd was likely under the assumption that FE4 was the most popular Fire Emblem in Japan, and that Sigurd was Sakurai's favorite lord and that he was originally intended for Fire Emblem's second playable character spot over Roy, but was forced by Intelligent Systems to place Roy over him. Heck, some Sigurd fans pushed the "rumor" that he was planned for Smash 64. The Sigurd fanbase collapsed when someone translated Sakurai's journal and found out that Sakurai's favorite Fire Emblem character was Nabarl (a character from FE3). The repetition of the results to the pre-Melee poll (of which Sigurd got only two votes), also proved to demoralize the Sigurd fanbase.

The Black Knight also had a lot of support for a non-lord character, however, anyone with common sense knew non-lords had no shot.
I remember this one girl from Nsider... she was a huge Lyn fangirl and she threatened to be an hero after Lyn was confirmed to be an Assist Trophy. It was really stupid and I think she was just seeking attention. The lulzy thing is that it happened on 9/11.

I also remember this one guy who was obsessed with Ayra (a female character from Fire Emblem 4) and hated Lip. He wanted Brawl to have four Fire Emblem characters (Marth, Roy, Lyn, and Ayra). He said he won't buy Brawl if it didn't have four Fire Emblem characters or if Lip was playable but Ayra wasn't. All he ended up doing was getting other Nsider members to support Lip to spite him.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Hey Shortie, since I see you're here; before you post a review of my roster, I did make some changes to it due to re-thinking some parts of it. Here they are. Thanks. :)

Character Name
- Indicates unlockable character

[COLLAPSE="JavaCroc's Super Liberal Roster - Updated"]Super Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Wario
Wario
Captain Syrup

Yoshi
Yoshi

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Midna & Wolf Link

Metroid
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Mother
Ness
Lucas

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa

Puzzle League
Lip
Dr. Mario

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Lucario
Victini

Misc. Modern Franchises
Olimar & Pikmin
Little Mac
Isaac
Starfy
Saki
Ray MK III
Kanan
Jiro

Misc. Retro Franchises
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Duck Hunt Dog
Sukapon
[/COLLAPSE]

I had no idea Lyn had such a crazy fanbase, lol. Should there be FEAR of its RESURGENCE after a trailer?

"She was an Assist Trophy!"

...I like these pre-trailer times. I think it's a better time to see true support and popularity before all the HYPE causes everything to get ...bloated. I'm betting Geno and Krystal will gain support after the first trailer.
Their fanbases probably won't be as exaggerated and bloated as last time since niether character made the cut for Brawl, but they will probably remain big. Krystal's will obviously remain since she's really the only good choice left for Star Fox - I'd mostly expect her fans to focus on fighting against the "Star Fox shouldn't get four reps" argument as their logic behind her inclusion.

Plus, I'm pretty sure any fans of her who return to debate SSB4 will have wised up since then, so I'd expect less unconvincing "CUZ SHE HAD A STAF!!" or "CUZ SHE BE WOMAN!!!" arguments.

Geno's fanbase will probably make notice of the Virtual Console re-release as part of their reasoning.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I had no idea Lyn had such a crazy fanbase, lol. Should there be FEAR of its RESURGENCE after a trailer?

"She was an Assist Trophy!"

...I like these pre-trailer times. I think it's a better time to see true support and popularity before all the HYPE causes everything to get ...bloated. I'm betting Geno and Krystal will gain support after the first trailer.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
In math.
Geno + Krystal + Entrance= :facepalm:
In words.
If they both get in Sm4sh, I will be disappointed. Starfox is good as is (Peppy, where r u, bro?). But Geno... Ah, Geno. Wanted for SSB for years now. I will professionally DIE if he gets in.

On another subject, I'm making an SSB style sprite set for Victini with my moveset. SSBF, u wanna help me with this?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Plus, I'm pretty sure any fans of her who return to debate SSB4 will have wised up since then, so I'd expect less unconvincing "CUZ SHE HAD A STAF!!" or "CUZ SHE BE WOMAN!!!" arguments.
That's unconvincing? In my opinion, that's the ONLY thing she has going for her.

D

Deleted member

Have a lot to respond to after I get home.

Hey ChronoBound, I made a reaction roster with 54 slots. You can find it on here and GameFAQs. What would be your reaction to it?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Anyone else pissed at how SLOW this site is?

The Krystal argument ultimately ONLY comes down to this: Will StarFox get another slot? If so, it's her. That's what I comes down to. Slippy and Peppy will never be playable. She's the last choice.

This isn't up for debate, it's pretty much what it is. Honestly, I find it kind of hilarious that people will defend Toad to the death, but if you look at the two in how important they are to their series storyline, Krystal wins out.

Furries mean nothing, hate means nothing. Poor choices to argue with. Tingle, Waluigi, and Krystal have already appeared in Smash. If Sakurai saw the hatebase and thought it something to worry about, they wouldn't be in it already.

So basically, it comes down to whether or not....she gets in. :troll: not much left to debate. She's a the frontrunner for her series, which always seems to get a character added to their roster. You can debate subjectives all you want, this is what it is. YO~

@Javajavajavajava I got your new roster, and I'll review it RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW~

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

The Krystal argument ultimately ONLY comes down to this: Will StarFox get another slot? If so, it's her. That's what I comes down to. Slippy and Peppy will never be playable. She's the last choice.

This isn't up for debate, it's pretty much what it is. Honestly, I find it kind of hilarious that people will defend Toad to the death, but if you look at the two in how important they are to their series storyline, Krystal wins out.

Furries mean nothing, hate means nothing. Poor choices to argue with. Tingle, Waluigi, and Krystal have already appeared in Smash. If Sakurai saw the hatebase and thought it something to worry about, they wouldn't be in it already.

So basically, it comes down to whether or not....she gets in. :troll: not much left to debate. She's a the frontrunner for her series, which always seems to get a character added to their roster. You can debate subjectives all you want, this is what it is. YO~

@Javajavajavajava I got your new roster, and I'll review it RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW~
I agree with you on this 100%.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
That's unconvincing? In my opinion, that's the ONLY thing she has going for her.
Well, I guess it is. I just am not convinced by it personally.

[Oasisall-capstalk]

GUESS IT'S A MATTER OF MY OPINION.

[/Oasisall-capstalk] :p

Yah, this site is ridiculously slow and I've been having some damn Bad Gateways on it.

And I completely agree. The furries literally change nothing in the argument. Fans are fans - Krystal has fans. Thus Krystal maintains popularity. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

And I'm looking forward to my rainbow-colored roster review. ;)

Off-Topic: One post away from 500 posts. :bee:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
In Sm4sh's Adventure mode, there need to be underwater levels for those that can perform them.
(aka Samus, Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, Squirtle, Olimar(and blue Pikmin), etc.)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Roster Designer: Javacroc

Meowww~ Time to cat this up.

Mario Franchise: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Captain Syrup, Yoshi

- Well, Mario and Yoshi wise. You did good. You picked no newcomers, which is very much fine by me. Now, Captain Syrup is where I get excited. Very excited. Wario is basically where I want to see the “Mario Newcomer” tokens be spent. Buy me a Syrup, or an Ashley mister Sakurai. The choice you made was a smart one. You get a 5/5 from me.

Donkey Kong Franchise: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool

- You sir, have just completed the Donkey Kong series. Something Sakurai has only managed to do with LoZ and Kirby so far. King K. Rool and Dixie are wonderful choices, and adding them both is just what the doctor ordered. I love it when I see a series completed. 5/5

LoZ Franchise: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Midna & Wolf Link

- Although I like the idea of Midna and Wolf Link, adding them at this point is 100% going to get you a docking in points. Why you may ask? Because if you KEEP YTLink, you have three Links, and if you CUT YTLink, you just cut a perfectly good character for an outdated one. I like this character, and it’s not a HORRID addition, so you get a 3.5/5

Kirby Franchise: Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight

- Good job. Adding anyone else would look a tad silly. I mean, Prince Fluff is the best choice right now, and…. He’s still a poor choice. 5/5

Fire Emblem Franchise: Marth, Ike, Roy- Almost the best case scenario. Just add a little “Luigified” sticker next to Roy, and BAM. You would have gotten a perfect score 4.5/5 I won’t dock you much for that though.

Pokemon Franchise: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucario, Mewtwo, Victini

- See, I’m sort of a weird guy. I believe that a series shouldn’t have to stop growing until its been properly represented, but there comes a point where too much is too much. This is that point. They’re all good choices, but I would say you should either pick Lucario, or Mewtwo. Or simply make Pokemon Trainer Meowth/Chrizard/Deoxys and keep it at six Pokemon, not eight. 3/5

Mother & Metroid: Samus, ZSS, Ridley, Ness, Lucas

- Looks like you finished the Metroid series, and kept the Mother series at two characters, which isn’t a bad idea. 10/10

F-Zero & Starfox: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Fox, Falco, Wolf

- You did dandy. Samurai is IMO as worthy as Ridley. While Krystal is NOT, I think you made a safe decision in leaving her out. 10/10

Smaller Franchises: IC’s, ROB, Game&Watch, Olimar, Pit, Medusa, Lip, Doctor Mario, Little Mac, Isaac, Stary, Saki, Ray, Kanan, Jiro, Duck Hunt, Sukapon

- I can see where you spent all your slot tokens! I like it. I like it a LOT. My iffy additions lay in Doc, Kanan, and Jiro. Personally, I think you could lose Doc and Jiro for Shulk and Andy of Advanced wars. I mean the Any thing is just preference, but Shulk should really be there. Duck Hunt sucks, but whatevs. 9/10 because I loved the choices.

Third Party Characters: None.

- Good cat. 5/5

OVERALL APPERENCE: I have pretty much no complaints. I COULD complain about having Midna over Tingle, or Black Shadow, or heck even Krystal. But, she’s cool, and I don’t honestly mind her that much. Other than that, I think you had a majorly awesome roster.

Javajavajavajavajavajava

Top Tier Roster Makers
1. SuperSmashBrosFan 92%
2. JavaCroc 91%

Upper Tier Roster Makers
3. Oasis 83%
4. Kantrip 82.5%

Lower Tier Roster Makers
5. Berserker 77%
6. Steam 76%

Ganon Tier Roster Makers
7. Swayne 62%

Also, I'm always game to take another look at a roster or whatever, if you feel I scored you wrong. I also will look at brand new rosters you make~

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Roster Designer: Javacroc

Meowww~ Time to cat this up.

Mario Franchise: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Captain Syrup, Yoshi

- Well, Mario and Yoshi wise. You did good. You picked no newcomers, which is very much fine by me. Now, Captain Syrup is where I get excited. Very excited. Wario is basically where I want to see the “Mario Newcomer” tokens be spent. Buy me a Syrup, or an Ashley mister Sakurai. The choice you made was a smart one. You get a 5/5 from me.

Donkey Kong Franchise: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool

- You sir, have just completed the Donkey Kong series. Something Sakurai has only managed to do with LoZ and Kirby so far. King K. Rool and Dixie are wonderful choices, and adding them both is just what the doctor ordered. I love it when I see a series completed. 5/5

LoZ Franchise: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Midna & Wolf Link

- Although I like the idea of Midna and Wolf Link, adding them at this point is 100% going to get you a docking in points. Why you may ask? Because if you KEEP YTLink, you have three Links, and if you CUT YTLink, you just cut a perfectly good character for an outdated one. I like this character, and it’s not a HORRID addition, so you get a 3.5/5

Kirby Franchise: Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight

- Good job. Adding anyone else would look a tad silly. I mean, Prince Fluff is the best choice right now, and…. He’s still a poor choice. 5/5Fire

Emblem Franchise: Marth, Ike, Roy- Almost the best case scenario. Just add a little “Luigified” sticker next to Roy, and BAM. You would have gotten a perfect score 4.5/5 I won’t dock you much for that though.

Pokemon Franchise: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Lucario, Mewtwo, Victini

- See, I’m sort of a weird guy. I believe that a series shouldn’t have to stop growing until its been properly represented, but there comes a point where too much is too much. This is that point. They’re all good choices, but I would say you should either pick Lucario, or Mewtwo. Or simply make Pokemon Trainer Meowth/Chrizard/Deoxys and keep it at six Pokemon, not eight. 3/5

Mother & Metroid: Samus, ZSS, Ridley, Ness, Lucas

- Looks like you finished the Metroid series, and kept the Mother series at two characters, which isn’t a bad idea. 10/10

F-Zero & Starfox: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Fox, Falco, Wolf

- You did dandy. Samurai is IMO as worthy as Ridley. While Krystal is NOT, I think you made a safe decision in leaving her out. 10/10

Smaller Franchises: IC’s, ROB, Game&Watch, Olimar, Pit, Medusa, Lip, Doctor Mario, Little Mac, Isaac, Stary, Saki, Ray, Kanan, Jiro, Duck Hunt, Sukapon

- I can see where you spent all your slot tokens! I like it. I like it a LOT. My iffy additions lay in Doc, Kanan, and Jiro. Personally, I think you could lose Doc and Jiro for Shulk and Andy of Advanced wars. I mean the Any thing is just preference, but Shulk should really be there. Duck Hunt sucks, but whatevs. 9/10 because I loved the choices.

Third Party Characters: None.

- Good cat. 5/5

OVERALL APPERENCE: I have pretty much no complaints. I COULD complain about having Midna over Tingle, or Black Shadow, or heck even Krystal. But, she’s cool, and I don’t honestly mind her that much. Other than that, I think you had a majorly awesome roster.

Javajavajavajavajavajava

Top Tier Roster Makers
1. SuperSmashBrosFan 92%
2. JavaCroc 91%

Upper Tier Roster Makers
3. Oasis 83%
4. Kantrip 82.5%

Lower Tier Roster Makers
5. Berserker 77%
6. Steam 76%

Ganon Tier Roster Makers
7. Swayne 62%

Also, I'm always game to take another look at a roster or whatever, if you feel I scored you wrong. I also will look at brand new rosters you make~
I made a roster, u wanna rate it?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Yo asage, are all the pics you posted here before done by you?

OT: I edited my blog showing a roster, and I'll update it from time to time (when I don't feel lazy) with movesets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom