• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Listen to this for added effect when reading my post

So I know that most of you know me as the hardcore debater. Not really making my position on something know unless I'm attacking someone because I felt that post or opinion (or the person stating their opinion as fact) was stupid. Well I thought it was time for me to switch it up, finally putting one of my opinions out there for controversy, for criticism, for hatred. But knowing me, I could really care less if you hate it or not, and most of you probably already know.

I feel it is time for me, to make a roster.
I'll whip you up a quick review (Since yours is already formatted and everything) As soon as I finish this Manga.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'll be working on a real(or realistic, because my only one was kinda crap in that department) roster soon enough. It'll take a while, though. I gotta figure out who best fits. You can atleast guess one of my obvious characters. :p

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Goku- Oh, trust me, dude, I understand.

I'm really only here because of the community and their ideas, and because some scraps of info might hopefully come our way lol.

I've only recently started posting as much as I do now.

As for Genesect... I really, really think he has a better chance than what most people think.

I might be repping a losing team but I'd rather stand for what I believe in and support than go with the "safe choice" or the "expected choice", you know?

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@xIblisx: Exactly, which is why he needs to revamp if you score higher, he can't lag you lol...

I wonder who will be s-tier? I have a feeling who it might be....

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'll whip you up a quick review (Since yours is already formatted and everything) As soon as I finish this Manga.
Word, and I'll occupy myself by calling mi nena. Haven't talked to her since we went to our competition yesterday.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, DRUMLINE GOT FIRST PLACE! :awesome: I love my drumline family and our hard work is paying off!

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
@xIblisx: Exactly, which is why he needs to revamp if you score higher, he can't lag you lol...

I think S-tier will be either Ray MK, Starfy, Victini. or slime since so far all of the SS tier characters have been light weight so it makes sense if the trend continues.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

LOL true, and I tbh I want S-tier but I understand if my bias doesn't get me there.

EDIT: If you are referring to in-game, I think someone like Megaman would be there. OR IF THE GAME IS ACTUALLY BALANCED IT WOULDN'T MATTER FOR A S-TIER.

@Goku- Oh, trust me, dude, I understand.

I'm really only here because of the community and their ideas, and because some scraps of info might hopefully come our way lol.

I've only recently started posting as much as I do now.

As for Genesect... I really, really think he has a better chance than what most people think.

I might be repping a losing team but I'd rather stand for what I believe in and support than go with the "safe choice" or the "expected choice", you know?

Funny you mentioned the bolded, I wholeheartedly agree with it! I just find it funny that most of opinions (at least in the video gaming area of life) are the general consensus. When it comes to music or clothing though, I'm the one usually by myself on the defensive. Haha but that's what separates me from (well at least my generation) people.

OmegaXXII

Which is why I support DHD since I have faith in him, even if the majority is against him like I've seen I'm this thread.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hey guys! I think I'm missing something for my Victini moveset. Can some of you see what I'm missing? I swear I'm missing something... It's in the BRoom

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since when did speculation become a competition?

Oh well, I guess it's all human nature, that and our pretty conservative character pool.

Like everyone else I do have some hope for some characters, but until the day comes that we can stop flamming about odd choices, then I'll share them. This is also why you'll never see me do a dream roster.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Which is why I support DHD since I have faith in him, even if the majority is against him like I've seen I'm this thread.
I agree with both of you guys. I used to agree with the general consensus more, but now I support characters if I feel they really do merit the spot or if I personally like them, not because others think they're deserving or liked.

Also, you can count me in as a Duck Hunt Dog supporter now. Forget if he's unlikely. I want him now.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Funny you mentioned the bolded, I wholeheartedly agree with it! I just find it funny that most of opinions (at least in the video gaming area of life) are the general consensus. When it comes to music or clothing though, I'm the one usually by myself on the defensive. Haha but that's what separates me from (well at least my generation) people.
Exactly lol you have no idea how much flack I get for liking "kids stuff" like Sonic and DBZ (which I really don't understand), especially since I'm black and 16 years old lol.

That's why I'm hoping Sakurai really pulls some great, unexpected stuff with the roster. Don't just go with the most relevant or whatever. This could potentially be the last Smash game we ever get, and even if it isn't, it's best to treat it like it will be, if you get what I mean...

OmegaXXII

I agree with both of you guys. I used to agree with the general consensus more, but now I support characters if I feel they really do merit the spot or if I personally like them, not because others think they're deserving or liked.

Also, you can count me in as a Duck Hunt Dog supporter now. Forget if he's unlikely. I want him now.
Wow, you just won some mad respect from me and yes, I have that same mindset now, no matter how much people try to bring a certain character down, as long as he's a realistic choice I'll support them through thick and thin.

This means I won't be changing anybody's opinion towards Krystal then. ;)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I thought DHD didn't have a following Chrono....why you lie to me.

@METAL: MY MANZ, Me and you are the exact age and race! Funny that we both like Sonic and DBZ too!
Inb4youlikeHispanicgirls

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Glad to help, man. Don't feel bad about forgetting one thing. It happens. :)
Alright go ahead and check it, if you wish.
Also, for anyone to know, I wanted to say something about Victini. Did you know he could turn invisable? I have known, but it doesn't seem anyone else has.

OmegaXXII

@Fox: yeah, I already knew you guys were alike, you both like sonic and dbz alot.

Shadow and Team Chaotix
Vegeta and Yamcha/Launch :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Also, for anyone to know, I wanted to say something about Victini. Did you know he could turn invisable? I have known, but it doesn't seem anyone else has.
Already checked. And no, no I didn't.

Also, DHD for the win!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I did not know that.
That makes me want Victini in Sm4sh about 30% more than I already did.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Aww hell yeah I like me some Hispanic women.

Especially if they got dat *** :cool:

Tan-skinned black women and some Armenian women also take the cake for me.

But, yeah son, you got any characters in particular you'd want for Smash?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Kind of tempted to get a DBZ avatar... anyway what do you guys think of R.O.B will he stay or leave?

OmegaXXII

I think I might have to drop Beserker and have Metal as my new partner in crime yo.
Yeah man, you guys are meant to be a tag team partners in crime, he's casual while you are all competative and yet like a bunch of similar stuff.

It makes sense since overlord is berserker alter ego. :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kind of tempted to get a DBZ avatar... anyway what do you guys think of R.O.B will he stay or leave?

I see no reason for his removal, he's unique and historic, and Sakurai seems fond of him considering the SSE. Plus, he's got a great moveset.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Roster Designer: Ibilis
Let’s do this.

Mario Franchise: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Toad, Yoshi

- Okay, Toad. This addition is a 100% no complaints. I don’t think Mario is in dire needs of a newcomer, however it is big enough to hold another. I also believe Toad, along with Bowser Jr. are the final pieces to the core Mario title puzzle in Smash. I also think Paper Mario or Geno are along with Doc are the absolute final pieces for both the puzzle and rpg Genre. ANYWAYS, no Wario/Yoshi? Fine. 5/5

Donkey Kong Franchise: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool

- You added the right characters. You completed a franchise, which is something we should all aim for when making rosters. Trying to at least complete one or two franchises so that next installement can focus more on the Smaller franchises. So yeah, 5/5

LoZ Franchise: Link, Zelda (Now with a Down B that doesn't change her into Sheik), Ganondorf, Toon Link, Sheik (now with a Down B)

- I actually think this an interesting choice, that honestly… I don’t mind. I don’t think you’re going to lose any points for this decision either. You made the series feel fresh in some ways, without going overboard on an already completed series. 5/5

Kirby Franchise: Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight

- Damn Right. 5/5

Fire Emblem Franchise: Marth, Ike, Roy (with updated moveset)

- Perfect. No Chrome to be found….yet. 5/5

Pokemon Franchise: Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Mewtwo, Victini

- Here is where I’m going to have to disagree. While I understand your reasoning behind keeping Lucario, if it means losing Jugglypuff, he simply isn’t worth it. Jiggs is a staple, and no matter how hard anyone tries to fight that, it’s just how it is. Choosing Mewtwo and Victini was perfectly fine though. 3/5

Mother & Metroid: Samus, ZSS, Ridley, Ness, Lucas

- Perfect. I never know what to do with Mother. So 10/10

F-Zero & Starfox: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Krystal

- Goroh is a yes yes. Krystal is….a good choice. You’ve completed the StarFox series, and adding her didn’t take away from any other franchises. Adding her didn’t take away Ridley/Goroh or something like that, so it was a safe move in your roster. 10/10

Smaller Franchises:
IC’s, ROB, Game&Watch, Olimar, Pit, Magnus, Lip, Little Mac, Isaac, Stary, Saki, Ray, Kanan, Shulk

- I’m taking it Lip is your retro right? Well, you have two of the three “International” stereotypical characters. (Takamaru is a JP character, Little Mac is a US, and Isaac is international) Basically, you did well, expect for Magnus… he’s just…not the best choice. 9/10

Third Party Characters: Sonic, Snake, Megaman X

- I got nothing against X, so 5/5.

OVERALL APPEARENCE: I sense that this may have been made just to top my tier list, which is fine I suppose. I just prefer looking at genuine rosters. Anyways, good roster all around. I didn't have many complaints outside of Jiggs and Magnus. Other than them, you did well.

Top Tier Roster Makers
1. Iblis 95%
2. SuperSmashBrosFan 92%
3. JavaCroc 91%

Upper Tier Roster Makers
3. Oasis 83%
4. Kantrip 82.5%

Lower Tier Roster Makers
5. Berserker 77%
6. Steam 76%

Ganon Tier Roster Makers
7. Swayne 62%

Also, Asage and Luco, your roster will be judged later tonight, so no worries.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Aww hell yeah I like me some Hispanic women.

Especially if they got dat *** :cool:

Tan-skinned black women and some Armenian women also take the cake for me.

But, yeah son, you got any characters in particular you'd want for Smash?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORDDD, You know already know dog! My girl is Colombian!

Honestly for Smash most of characters are already in! It'd just be icing on the cake to see Shadow or Magnus in there.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Partner in crime? Oooh yeah what should our motto be?

"B*tches ain't ****in' with our dougie"?

Or you got somethin' else in mind son?

@Ope- I think he should stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom