• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No need to be tight about it Chrono.

There is far more DHD, other crap than Sonic stuff in this thread, and you want to call us the worst. Smh son. SMH

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
The Sonic fanbase has to be the worst fandom of all video game franchises. I actually think it would be a good thing if Sonic does not return in Smash 4 because it would at least deject the insane Sonic fanbase from the Smash fanbase. This comes from someone who was a big supporter of Sonic for Brawl. I also think the idea of having permanent guest characters in Smash Bros. is foolish.
Your idea is the lamest I've ever heard, IIRC Sakurai said the number of characters playable is no problem for the WiiU

And I agree a good chunk of the Sonic fanbase is rather terrible, that shouldn't be a factor here though

Iblis shouldn't be anywhere in this though, the worst Sonic game ever made should have no representation, SA2 and the original Genesis trilogy are the best choices

Chaos shouldn't be in Delfino plaza, the hell, you should have to progress to the Sonic universe to fight him

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Your idea is the lamest I've ever heard, IIRC Sakurai said the number of characters playable is no problem for the WiiU

And I a good chunk of the Sonic fanbase is rather terrible, that shouldn't be a factor here though

Iblis shouldn't be anywhere in this though, the worst Sonic game ever made should have no representation, SA2 and SA and the original Genesis trilogy are the best choices

Chaos shouldn't be in Delfino plaza, the hell, you should have to progress to the Sonic universe to fight him
The underlined I agreed with (and I added a Sonic Game)

The Bolded I disagreed with. This is Smash, it's a crossover. Anything goes. Should I elaborate further?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Wow, where do I start...

You don't want a character back because of their fanbases (and we're not even like the rest of them but whatever)?

Trivial if you ask me. Fanboys will be fanboys. You should or should not want a character back because of well... the character itself. Not because of fanboys.

Don't hate the players, hate the game son.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
The Sonic fanbase has to be the worst fandom of all video game franchises. I actually think it would be a good thing if Sonic does not return in Smash 4 because it would at least deject the insane Sonic fanbase from the Smash fanbase. This comes from someone who was a big supporter of Sonic for Brawl. I also think the idea of having permanent guest characters in Smash Bros. is foolish.
I honestly wouldn't mind no third-party characters altogether. It would disappoint many, for sure, but it also rids us of the sometimes annoying discussions regarding them. And it opens the space for a couple more good Nintendo characters.

And no, I don't hate Sonic nor his fans. This is just a general opinion on my part.

What?

EDIT: Damn Bad Gateways have returned! :mad:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No need to be tight about it Chrono.

There is far more DHD, other crap than Sonic stuff in this thread, and you want to call us the worst. Smh son. SMH
You are the one that is being "tight".

If you do not believe the Sonic fanbase is at least one of the worst fanbases in gaming, I am simply going to "smh" at you.

Also, the only one that is pushing DHD is Arcadenik and maybe one or two other people. One person pushing an obscure character choice does not make a following.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
The underlined I agreed with (and I added a Sonic Game)

The Bolded I disagreed with. This is Smash, it's a crossover. Anything goes. Should I elaborate further?
No I get it, but then where's Sonic's universe going to get representation?

They shouldn't cram all the bosses of all the series into one universe, there'd be a total lack of variety

You should play through original levels of each universe and fight a boss

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

If you do not believe the Sonic fanbase is at least one of the worst fanbases in gaming, I am simply going to "smh" at you.

Also, the only one that is pushing DHD is Arcadenik and maybe one or two other people. One person pushing an obscure character choice does not make a following.
Nah dog, I'm pretty chill. You're the one throwing Ad homs out.

I didn't say the fanbase isn't bad but it's not bad in this thread, so fall back with that.

Also, that 3 man group (I'm sure there's more) is louder than the fanbase you're trying call out.

3rd Party shouldn't get in over a 1st Party. If that 1st party you are supporting didn't get in and a third party did that means your game wasn't important enough. Simple as that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Remember u said this when Generations comes out.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No I get it, but then where's Sonic's universe going to get representation?

They shouldn't cram all the bosses of all the series into one universe, there'd be a total lack of variety

You should play through original levels of each universe and fight a boss
Oh I agree there should be a sonic stage, but eventually in the story everyone is going to cross-over (assuming it's like Brawl's story). I thought a good Sonic and Mario meeting point would be a battle against Chaos.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Don't forget SmashKing. He even went so far as to create a facebook page for the duck hunting dog. The scoundrel!

They've even convinced poor impressionable SSBF. These crimes cannot be allowed to continue.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Oh I agree there should be a sonic stage, but eventually in the story everyone is going to cross-over (assuming it's like Brawl's story). I thought a good Sonic and Mario meeting point would be a battle against Chaos.
The problem with that though is that we got generic stages and backgrounds to accommodate for the massive crossover

If they just progress through each game's world it wouldn't be a problem

That meeting point seems good, but it would make more sense if Mario travels to Sonic's world during the time of the fight

Maybe before the final boss you face all the previous bosses in mixed into different game worlds, other than that though idk

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Glad I'm not the only one with loading issues...

Anyway, Emperor Bulblax from Pikmin and Pikmin 2 would make a great boss.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I never commented AT ALL on Sonic Generations.
I know you didn't, but fanbase will recover after Sonic Generations (maybe, but surely). You can't use fanbase as an arguement at this time for a game that won't be out for 3 to 4 years. Also, homie, nothing wrong with slang.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, Pikmin boss, I see, looks like the one from the Pikmin stage already, I want King Hippo more though.

:phone:
Emperor Bulblax is essentially the leading alpha male of all Bulblaxes, Bulbears, and Bulborbs, which were on Distant Planet in Brawl. Emperor Bulbax is to Bulborbs as Bowser is to a Koopa Troopa essentially.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I know you didn't, but fanbase will recover after Sonic Generations (maybe, but surely). You can't use fanbase as an arguement at this time for a game that won't be out for 3 to 4 years. Also, homie, nothing wrong with slang.
MY MAN

The problem with that though is that we got generic stages and backgrounds to accommodate for the massive crossover

If they just progress through each game's world it wouldn't be a problem

That meeting point seems good, but it would make more sense if Mario travels to Sonic's world during the time of the fight

Maybe before the final boss you face all the previous bosses in mixed into different game worlds, other than that though idk
Yeah I was kind of hoping Asage could link it together because he's been putting story stuff together. Didn't really think it through.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I think I stepped on something like that recently.

As long as the content itself is sound, does it really matter how it's delivered?
Or better yet, actually actually addressing my points instead of strawmanning my grammar which something that is an easy fix.

I don't feel the need to proper for someone on the internet, on a video gaming forum.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Emperor Bulblax is essentially the leading alpha male of all Bulblaxes, Bulbears, and Bulborbs, which were on Distant Planet in Brawl. Emperor Bulbax is to Bulborbs as Bowser is to a Koopa Troopa essentially.
Interesting, I'm sure he would make a fine boss representation, what would he do, slimy gooey attack? :awesome:

:phone:

Akuma2120

Smash Ace

Looks like the slug my friends poured beer on, lit on fire, salted and smushed that's been festering on my sidewalk for 2 months now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom