• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I still like Kantrip's description of Donkey Kong as the "Big Fourth". Its a shame we never got Diddy Kong in Melee, else we would have gotten K. Rool in Brawl, and surely had Dixie in Smash 4.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
This. All Starfox really needs is the hero, his partner, and their rival/enemy.

:phone:
If anything should happen with Krystal, it should be AT status, her chances aren't as good as they were during Brawl, and even then she still didn't get in despite how popular she was, although she does have a chance, i don't think its likely unless Krystal gains some relevance or Sakurai looks at her design due to a lack of franchise, either way i still don't see it happening.

I'd much rather give that 4th Star Fox slot to another franchise in need of it like say DK since Diddy Kong and K.Rool seem to be grasping at one another or...Bowser Jr. and Toad.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I still like Kantrip's description of Donkey Kong as the "Big Fourth". Its a shame we never got Diddy Kong in Melee, else we would have gotten K. Rool in Brawl, and surely had Dixie in Smash 4.
Yeah, that would have been the natural progression. As would getting Dedede in melee and meta knight in Brawl
and prince fluff in ssb4 :troll:

Hopefully Sakurai adds both K. Rool and Dixie at once.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You forgot to mention Sheik, Kantrip. :p

And I actually like Krystal. Definitely some nice variety. She's both notable AND female. Double win.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Question:

What can Dixie do exactly? I've never played DKC2 or 3, so I wouldn't know.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sheik is a transformation of Zelda. They fit into the same slot until they get their own Down B's.
Yes, but they both should be mentioned. Just like how you mentioned Toon Link/Young Link. They both count.

Also, am I the only one sad that they only new female in Brawl was Zero Suit Samus?(and she's not even a new PERSON, just a different character)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I slashed Toon/Young Link because they are basically the same archetype under a different name and model.

Showing the characters was not the point: More that I was showing the archetypes.

@---,

Dixie Kong's main "thing" is her ability to float slowly downwards by twirling her ponytail around in circles. A moveset could easily be derived through the use of Tiny Kong's equipment in DK64 (they are sisters after all), as well as a variety of things unique to the Donkey Kong Country series that are as yet unclaimed (an up-b where she's in a barrel would be cool, as there are so many different types of barrels in DKC).

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Speaking of furries, I am freaked out to what Nintendo did to Tiny. Still, I would like to have Diddy and Dixie as a team.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@---,

Dixie Kong's main "thing" is her ability to float slowly downwards by twirling her ponytail around in circles. A moveset could easily be derived through the use of Tiny Kong's equipment in DK64 (they are sisters after all), as well as a variety of things unique to the Donkey Kong Country series that are as yet unclaimed (an up-b where she's in a barrel would be cool, as there are so many different types of barrels in DKC).
Interesting. She sounds unique enough.

So I guess I'm neutral on her now. But I still want K. Rool to get in over her.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Interesting. She sounds unique enough.

So I guess I'm neutral on her now. But I still want K. Rool to get in over her.
I also want him in. Maybe no chance, specially since he may have ended up with Rare, but Wizpig looks like a great bad guy.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Naturally K. Rool should come before Dixie Kong. I believe they are both deserving, worthy, and capable of handling a slot.

This is the prophecy. It must be fulfilled.

Steam

Smash Hero
Hehe, furry talk :awesome:
And this is why I don't like furries being brought up. Shouldn't be that big of a deal. And it's something that actually boosts some characters chances. Just like Zamus appealed to straight guys

ssbf- there's nothing wrong with being furry or even being public about it. The problem is when people start talking about furry things on the boards >_>

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Young Link's appearence in OoT 3D is a boost in itself, but can also be flattened by it's release date... But Toon Link isn't looking good either, which is why both should get in. The release of Skyward Sword, however, could mean something...

I understand someone here was also speaking of Event Mode ideas? Because I have some, here they are:

1: Master of Illusion
Character: Zoroark
Enemies: Red Zoroark, Blue Zoroark
Goal: Take out the others in 2 minutes. No items, Stage: Lostlorn Forest

2: Boat Damage
Character: Young Link
Enemy: Toon Link
Goal: Survive until the boat crashes. Items on, Stage: Pirate Ship

3: Aura and Shadow
Character: Lucario
Enemies: Shadow Mewtwo, 25 of them, weak as multiman
Goal: Beat all the fakers. Items on, Stage: Battlefield Melee.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We don't care if you're furries. It's off-topic and too much information. Keep it to yourself, seriously.

Moving on, I'd prefer K. Rool first before Dixie.

I think we should get Villains as a third character, with extra heroes/villains/secondaries/etc. as fourth or beyond.

@Asage: Those sound great!

I'd like to see some events based around using Zelda and/or Peach for magic duels.

D

Deleted member

And this is why I don't like furries being brought up. Shouldn't be that big of a deal. And it's something that actually boosts some characters chances. Just like Zamus appealed to straight guys

ssbf- there's nothing wrong with being furry or even being public about it. The problem is when people start talking about furry things on the boards >_>

Omega, here's the stuff about my tournament I plan to hold:
I've been thinking about this for awhile, but I have been wanting to do a tournament-type in regards to who is the most wanted newcomer/returnee on GameFAQs (and to a lesser extend, here, but it'll be hosted on GameFAQs). It would contain 30 potential newcomers (and two vets) and let the voters decide on who they want more. Whoever wins gets to go to the next round and whoever wins will be crown the title of "Most Wanted Newcomer". These are some match-ups I can think of (and ones I plan to use if no changes are made):

Toad vs. Bower Jr.
Paper Mario vs. Waluigi
King K. Rool vs. Dixie Kong
Ghirahim vs. Tingle
Ridley vs. Krystal
Victini vs. Zoroark
Mewtwo vs. Deoxys
Samurai Goroh vs. Black Shadow
Roy vs. Krom
Palutena vs. Medusa
Little Mac vs. Isaac
Starfy vs. Shulk
Saki Amamiya vs. Ray (Custom Robo)
Takamaru vs. Lip
Mega Man vs. Geno
Slime vs. Professor Layton

Each match-up would take a day for voting. So the first round would take sixteen days as it is done throughout sixteen matches as a match-up takes a day. How it is done is simple, just vote for a character and (if you wish) explain why you want it. You are also free to debate with each other on who is more deserving and can change votes if you wish.

Here would be some rules:

1. You must respect others. No matter how much you hate a character, you cannot bash others for picking it. You may also not tell others to change their votes just because you want them to.

2. Stay on-topic. Don't go talking about how you did yesterday on your test or other stuffs. We don't want to hear it.

These are sixteen match-ups for the first round (32 characters), the second round has eight matches (16 characters), etc. Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Kantrip

Kantplay
We don't care if you're furries. It's off-topic and too much information. Keep it to yourself, seriously.

Moving on, I'd prefer K. Rool first before Dixie.

I think we should get Villains as a third character, with extra heroes/villains/secondaries/etc. as fourth or beyond.

@Asage: Those sound great!

I'd like to see some events based around using Zelda and/or Peach for magic duels.
That's what I believe as well. For the most part, that is what happens with franchises. Pokemon is an exception.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Of course as Wizpig is Diddy's rival (despite he invaded Tinber's island), Rool has more priority than 'Pig.

Similar to King Boo, but I like Wizpig better than Boo and seems more compentent and menacing than Rool.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No because Toon Link is a Brawl vet and Young Link is not highly requested at all.
Now, SSBF. Me and you both know that is illogical to have slip through any brawlers lips. Let me graph the wants of return characters for ya:
Mewtwo
Y.Link
Roy
Dr. Mario
Pichu
Directly from Serebii brawlers and facebook. Good thing I alrdy casted votes on this.

D

Deleted member

Now, SSBF. Me and you both know that is illogical to have slip through any brawlers lips. Let me graph the wants of return characters for ya:
Mewtwo
Y.Link
Roy
Dr. Mario
Pichu
Directly from Serebii brawlers and facebook. Good thing I alrdy casted votes on this.
From what I have observed, Roy and Mewtwo are the two most wanted returnee by a long shot. Pichu was hated in Melee, Dr. Mario was a full-blown clone, and Young Link was replacement material when Toon Link arrived on the scene.

Plus there are limited numbers for this game, so anymore then two would be overdoing it for returnees.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
SSBFan said:
I've been thinking about this for awhile, but I have been wanting to do a tournament-type in regards to who is the most wanted newcomer/returnee on GameFAQs (and to a lesser extend, here, but it'll be hosted on GameFAQs). It would contain 30 potential newcomers (and two vets) and let the voters decide on who they want more. Whoever wins gets to go to the next round and whoever wins will be crown the title of "Most Wanted Newcomer". These are some match-ups I can think of (and ones I plan to use if no changes are made):

Toad vs. Bower Jr.
Paper Mario vs. Waluigi
King K. Rool vs. Dixie Kong
Ghirahim vs. Tingle
Ridley vs. Krystal
Victini vs. Zoroark
Mewtwo vs. Deoxys
Samurai Goroh vs. Black Shadow
Roy vs. Krom
Palutena vs. Medusa
Little Mac vs. Isaac
Starfy vs. Shulk
Saki Amamiya vs. Ray (Custom Robo)
Takamaru vs. Lip
Mega Man vs. Geno
Slime vs. Professor Layton

Each match-up would take a day for voting. So the first round would take sixteen days as it is done throughout sixteen matches as a match-up takes a day. How it is done is simple, just vote for a character and (if you wish) explain why you want it. You are also free to debate with each other on who is more deserving and can change votes if you wish.

Here would be some rules:

1. You must respect others. No matter how much you hate a character, you cannot bash others for picking it. You may also not tell others to change their votes just because you want them to.

2. Stay on-topic. Don't go talking about how you did yesterday on your test or other stuffs. We don't want to hear it.

These are sixteen match-ups for the first round (32 characters), the second round has eight matches (16 characters), etc. Any suggestions on how to improve this?
Great, I have some ideas in mind, perhaps a bracket set up?

I shall PM you as soon as I can gather some thoughts and give you a solid approach on this, sound good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom