• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Please...please don't bring this up. Keep it off the boards, if you really need me to tell you how I feel about what you just said I'll gladly do so via pm. But it's way off topic.

/restraint

:phone:
Hey, it's cool bro. Ignore what they're smacking. But if you don't like talking about it, remember in the future not to bring it up. Cool?

I found this awesome Comic. Mewtwo is ashamed:

Steam

Smash Hero
I didn't even really bring it up. I asked why the he'll they were being discussed in the first place. Then flaming occurred. I'm used to this sort of thing anyway.

I have no idea what can be input in this thread

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I didn't even really bring it up. I asked why the he'll they were being discussed in the first place. Then flaming occurred. I'm used to this sort of thing anyway.

I have no idea what can be input in this thread

I hear ya bro.

GET OFF STEAM'S BACK, PEOPLE!

@King Genesect will kill ALL of them ^^

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
A variation of Scratch appears in Sonic The Hedgehog 2. Both would be great.

And Shadow is pretty arguable on where he falls in hero/villain/antagonist/protagonist route.
Yeah, I wish Shadow had a bigger role as well, like as an assist trophy who actually helps you out during Adventure Mode, of course he would be non-playable, just an assist is all, The Black Knight as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ahh, I guess the truth hurts.

That comic makes me want Genesect more than Mewtwo, Darkrai, and Deoxys.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Haha, Mewtwo should kill Deoxys once and for all!!!

Should I get the pic? ;)

Also Scratch and Grounder? Awesome, I loved the original Sonic cartoon despite all those youtube poops. Sonic reminded me way to much of a Looney Toon character and I loved it. :laugh:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Omega, asage posted that comic, not me :laugh:

And Shadow is at foremost an anti-hero; he has a neutral alignment.

They also had a pink variation of Grounder in Sonic 2 in Aquatic Ruin Zone :laugh:

We can't have Scratch and Grounder though without PINGAS Robotnik though lol.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't see how farfetched is giving Duck Hunt Dog a moveset. It's not forced at all. Here's mine, effortlessly (mostly special attacks which might be the main concern).

B: Toss Duck (He can release up to Two ducks, which attack opponents)
B>: Pounce (The little jump he does at the intro. Uses this to grab opponents, similar to Bowser's B> from Melee except with a jumping animation)
BV: Clay Shooter (Charges clay disc and tosses it depending on how much he charged it. Can shoot two per screen)
B^: Fly Away (grabs a hold of two ducks to reach back to the stage. If he gets hit once, he loses a duck, if he gets hit again he loses the other one and falls helplessly)

Final Smash: Duck Season. (A flock of ducks appear from every side of the screen. You point the wii remote to shoot them or your opponents in the meantime) ((<<< remember there's no Gamecube compatibility yet))

I have a couple of other moves in mind, related to the Zapper, dog moves including a FETCH recovery, or a tether recovery using his dog leash, etc.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't see how farfetched is giving Duck Hunt Dog a moveset. It's not forced at all. Here's mine, effortlessly (mostly special attacks which might be the main concern).

B: Toss Duck (He can release up to Two ducks, which attack opponents)
B>: Pounce (The little jump he does at the intro. Uses this to grab opponents, similar to Bowser's B> from Melee except with a jumping animation)
BV: Clay Shooter (Charges clay disc and tosses it depending on how much he charged it. Can shoot two per screen)
B^: Fly Away (grabs a hold of two ducks to reach back to the stage. If he gets hit once, he loses a duck, if he gets hit again he loses the other one and falls helplessly)

Final Smash: Duck Season. (A flock of ducks appear from every side of the screen. You point the wii remote to shoot them or your opponents in the meantime) ((<<< remember there's no Gamecube compatibility yet))

I have a couple of other moves in mind, related to the Zapper, dog moves including a FETCH recovery, etc.
...No. Don't start this again.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hey, it's cool bro. Ignore what they're smacking. But if you don't like talking about it, remember in the future not to bring it up. Cool?

I found this awesome Comic. Mewtwo is ashamed:
Amen to that bro!
I gotta admit… That comic made me chuckle a bit.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Chaos 0 fer Sm4sh.

That Generations trailer made me want him so badly now.

@asage- Dark-types beat Psychic-types, though (and you know who that is...). :urg:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Asage: ...Many WANT to forget about Big the Cat.

@King: Well, I can forgive having less Sonic stuff in Brawl due to the late inclusion. But not for the lack of Black Knight. It's not like they didn't have TIME to do it. It'd beat a generic boss who wasn't needed.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Mewtwo will always be my favorite Pokemon, no doubt.
Of course, but don't forget Charizard and Blastoise (the latter of which I still want in Smash)...

But seriously though, I can't believe they put the Final Rush Sonic vs Shadow SA2 boss race in Sonic Generations, I hope at least the music gets in this time around (along with the Metal Harbor, City Escape, Crazy Gadget and Pyramid Cave tracks).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm going to say, Raiden should replace Gray Fox as the Assist Trophy for the Metal Gear series if it returns in Super Smash Bros. Why? Because after watching countless videos for Metal Gear Solid 2's story I feel freaking bad for the guy. Then I fast forward to MGS4 and the guy is being impaled left and right. Give him something!

D

Deleted member

@asage94 (#49763): Roy and Mewtwo are some of the most wanted characters for SSB4 in Japan. Roy is at least mildly wanted here and Mewtwo is highly requested to return woldwide. Shortiecanbrawl's poll also have them up pretty high.

@Omega (#49771): You're thinking of Medusa, not Palutena.

@Shortiecanbrawl (#49796): Love the concept. Looking forward to it.

@Arcadenik (#49828): Keldeo should never be in. But I'll give extra points for preferring Genesect over Zoroark.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Steam’s turn to get a the Shorts breakdown.

Mario Franchise: Mario, Luigi, Peach Bowser, Toad, Yoshi, Wario
- Okay, you added a single character. This is fine with me. You picked the best choice, in terms of recognize ability, and popularity. Personally, I think Sakurai is going to keep this slate clean, but adding Toad isn’t a bad idea by any means. He’s a decent choice. 5/5 on the choices made.
- You kept Wario and Yoshi the same, that’s a decent choice as well. Even though I think adding a Wario girl is a good idea, Toad instead is fine.

Donkey Kong Franchise: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool
- Dixie is nowhere to be found. But just like Mona and Syrup, only adding one DK character is a good choice, although I think you could have been risky and added two. The choice to keep it K. Rool strictly is a good one. I can’t fault you for a thing…. Yet 5/5

LoZ Franchise: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Toon Link, Ganondorf
- You kept the series pretty minimal, and decided to keep Toon Link. It’s a solid choice. Tingle, Ghirahim and Tetra are pretty hit and miss in terms of additions. Essentially, you’ve already added more than enough for what LoZ needs. You have the triforce three, and that’s all they NEED. Could you have given them a bit more lovin’ yes. Did you need to? No. Where you faultered for ME though, is the lack of specifics. I’m assuming Ganon/TLink are playing the same as usual, which leaves the series COMPLETELY unchanged, they’re stale. Not only that, but they’re two characters that get a lot of “clone complaints”. 4/5 for not being detailed.

Kirby Series: Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight
- I I like it like it. 5/5

Fire Emblem Franchise: Marth, Ike Chrome
- This is where we see a slip up. How many people like Chrome? How many people are Chrome fans? Do we know how he plays? These questions all have unsatisfactory answers, something Roy wouldn’t. While yes, Roy may be similar to Marth, at least we know he has a strong fanbase. You also picked the Blue boys, which…. May not seem like a big deal, but they ll look pretty similar. Chrome is a bad choice AS OF RIGHT NOW. This could change, WHEN we know about how he is received. 3/5

Pokemon Franchise: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Mewtwo, Lucario, Zoroark
- None of your choices are bad. None. They’re all very good picks. NOW, all of them together.. all NINE of them… maybe not the best decision. I’m all for six slots for Pokemon, I really am. It’s when we get Pokemon Trainers involved where I decide to pull away from six slots, and move to five. The number of Pokemon is a turn off for me. I CAN be done, honestly. It can be done, and still have the general public not bat an eyelash…but should it be done? No. Not In my opinion anyways. You get a 3/5 for doing something that CAN be done, but shouldn’t be.

Mother & Metroid: Samus, ZSS, Ridley, Ness, Lucas
- You picked well. Nothing to complain about. 10/10

F-Zero & Starfox: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Fox, Falco, Wolf
- You did the right thing. As much as I WANT Krystal, you did the right thing. 10/10

Smaller Franchises: IC’s, Game & Watch, R.O.B, Olimar, Pit, Palutena, Blank retro, Little Mac, Issac, Ray MK
- Generally speaking, you picked well. No overlapping of character types, or anything like that. The one thing I will nick you for is the lack of specifics on the 4th retro, I wanna hear your pick, not just that you have picked. Ray and Palutena are decent choices, and of course Mac and Isaac are good ideas. No problems otherwise. 9/10 for the minor mistake.

Third Party characters: Sonic, Snake, Tails
- OKAY SIR, I honestly think Tails is a legitimate concern, but for you to outwardly put him on the roster…it doesn’t fly with me. BUT, I know where you are coming from. It would be much easier to add Tails, then Megaman, and we would still have fanboys jazzing their pants. So, for that I will leave you with a 3.5/5

OVERALL APPEAL: Good roster. No serious mistakes, outside of Chrome’s unknown fanbase, the lack of detail with TLink/Ganondorf, and Tails. I understand where you came from on all your choices, and I can only say, the one that really snags me up is the Chrome thing. But other then that and the eight Pokemon you kept the roster pretty well balanced. Pokemon needed to lose a character, but besides that you did good.

Steam is a good furry. Add up all the scores and divide to get your Shorts percentage ;D

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm going to say, Raiden should replace Gray Fox as the Assist Trophy for the Metal Gear series if it returns in Super Smash Bros. Why? Because after watching countless videos for Metal Gear Solid 2's story I feel freaking bad for the guy. Then I fast forward to MGS4 and the guy is being impaled left and right. Give him something!
Why not have both=???

Also, did somebody really mention Big the Cat=???

I'm all for free speech, but if you mention Big the Cat here you ougtha be banned. That and Cream. I hate Cream! Heck, I hate all those filler one-dimensional Sonic background characters. I wish they would remain in the background, shut up, and get killed off so Knuckles could be awesome more often. :awesome: :cool: :laugh: :grin:

Edit: That Genesect comic made me want him more. Seriously, any of the current 3 5th Generation of Pokémon frontrunners (Victini, Zoroark, and Genesect) would be solid choices, and could really add a lot to smash bros.

Mewtwo still needs to return! Mewtwo's REVENGE shall be Smash Bros. 4!!!! *enter evil laugh here*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom