• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
WHOOPS, SORRY THEN. YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND MY CONFUSION THEN WHEN YOU SAY KNIFE-FIGHTER, AND I SEE A SWORD.

caps.
No biggie. It's just a sword! Besides, I just saw an image of it ten seconds ago. Smash needs some variety. Some "Token" or OBVIOUSLY built around a playstyle character.

Like, I want to see some terrain changer characters.

Gravity, or Ice, or sticky goop. Something. I think they should make a "Trap setter" as well.

Ashley of WarioWare could be a "Hex setter". Or even better, she could do things that change stats of characters. Like, "Slow Spell", or "Pain split spell", or "Gravity spell".

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No biggie. It's just a sword! Besides, I just saw an image of it ten seconds ago. Smash needs some variety. Some "Token" or OBVIOUSLY built around a playstyle character.

Like, I want to see some terrain changer characters.

Gravity, or Ice, or sticky goop. Something. I think they should make a "Trap setter" as well.

Ashley of WarioWare could be a "Hex setter". Or even better, she could do things that change stats of characters. Like, "Slow Spell", or "Pain split spell", or "Gravity spell".
nngghhh Junior please. I think he's the only one who could get on based pretty much only on the moveset he could bring, lol.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is there a reason FE11 took 6 months to localize, yet FE12 is still Japan-only? It's been over a year since its release. Does anyone know of any plans for that game? FE13 being a Japan-only game sounds rather plausible now.

If that is the case, then keeping Ike for the sake of international appeal would be best, right? Then pleasing... pretty much everyone by bringing back Roy?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hehe, but that would mean he would be broken once again correct?

Well, how about banning anybody who's likely at the top as well? Diddy?

Hehe......

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright, guys. I think I might have Wi-Fi tomarrow! But listen to this:
I have a Zoom(Company name), 56k Dial-Up USB Modem. I know it's not the place to ask, but it's always so busy in here, and I believe this Wi-Fi is at the tip of my fingers. Anyone know? Cause my Wii has USB connections, and connections means online brawls.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I have finally done an essay on why I think Mewtwo, my most wanted character for Smash 4, has one of the strongest chances ever to make his triumphant return for Smash 4. Trunks/Omega you might remember when I said I would do this...

But without further ado... my essay! :cool:

[COLLAPSE="My Mewtwo Essay"]Mewtwo

Ah, here we go, the one and only Mewtwo. He was playable in Melee, before. As we all know, data on Brawl's disc proves that he was seriously planned for Brawl, as he made it the furthest out of anyone out of the "Forbidden Seven". He had his own voice files, Classic ending file, and even his own scrapped Wiimote file, victory theme and Final Smash. Mewtwo is also an iconic Pokemon, right up there with the likes of Pikachu, Jiggs, Mew and the Kanto starters, since he was the first and arguably considered the best and strongest of all the legendary Pokemon. With that said, relevancy or lack thereof doesn't really apply to him because, well, he's ****ing Mewtwo. Mewtwo is widely recognized and well-liked, because he not only had 2 movies, as of opposed to one, his first movie was one of the most successful VG films of all-time, grossing over $160 million at the box office worldwide. Also, until Arceus arrived, he was the strongest Pokemon in existence, gameplay-wise. His playable appearance in Melee also helped with his overall popularity. So, like I said not being the current marketing ***** of the Pokemon company doesn't really affect his chances, in my opinion.

Adding on that, Mewtwo was planned to be in 64 (along with Bowser and Dedede, but all were cut due to time constraints except for Dedede, whom particularly in his case, Sakurai didn't want to overrepresent his own Kirby series at the time, but anyway) as well as Brawl. So what does that tell you, being planned to be in all three installments? That tells you that Sakurai intends for Mewtwo to be staple of the Pokemon series in Smash, alongside Pikachu and Jigglypuff, a vet if you will.

Adding on that, he is currently the only character with a completely unique moveset to ever be cut from a Smash game. So there was a large amount of backlash not only because Mewtwo got the axe, but a unique character got the axe. There was no real reason to cut him at all, because he brought something unseen before to the table in a Smash game, let alone other stuff like popularity. So of all the characters cut from Melee, I feel that Mewtwo by far is the most "deserving" to come back.

Pokemon Trainer Red in a way, strengthens Mewtwo's chances. Why you ask? Because for one, I feel that the main reason to me, he felt that Pokemon would represent Pokemon in Smash more accurately with him. We already had the mascot in Pikachu, the regular Pokemon/another popular 1st gen rep in Jigglypuff (also Smash's most prominent joke character), the newest gen rep in Lucario, and the baby/unevolved rep in Pichu. Adding PT the way he did was his way of representing starter Pokemon in Smash. And at that, he added the 1st gen starters over the 4th or even 3rd and 2nd gen starter Pokemon. This is huge to me because it tells me a few things...

One, this confirms to me that being newer or more recent doesn't exactly mean more likely (which does not only apply to Mewtwo, BTW). Two, he recognizes that the 1st gen starters are the most iconic of all the starters, and he knew that choosing them over the others would be the best way to represent the starters. Lastly, this also implies that he might favor the 1st generation over the others, something that also helps Mewtwo's chances.

Adding Mewtwo would represent Pokemon in general more accurately, as well. So far, he is the only legendary Pokemon to ever be playable in a Smash game. So adding him back would represent legendary Pokemon again, and at that, it would be the best way to represent legendary Pokemon in Smash, as like with the 1st gen starters, he is the most widely recognized legendary of them all.

Mewtwo of course is well known as an antagonist/villain, so adding him would mean that we would have a Pokemon villain rep. Now, I'm not one to stoop down to the "We needz moar villinz." level, but the fact remains that he is antagonistic, and that it should be considered when thinking about adding Mewtwo.

Lastly, with all this said, it is also important to consider that there is a large amount of requests for him to return, as ChronoBound and others, IIRC, proved in Japan's case. He is requested here in the U.S., as well. The backlash for him not returning is greater than even Roy's. All of this I theorize is because what I said earlier, he's iconic and also he was a character with an original moveset that deserved to return in Brawl. So the fact that there still seems to be demand for him, even after all these years, speaks volumes in my opinion, and one of the many important factors for Sora to consider when thinking about bringing back Mewtwo. [/COLLAPSE]

So... with all that said, what does everyone think about my first character essay? I want constructive criticism on this essay, but if all you have is praise, then that's fine. :)

D

Deleted member

@Metal Overlord: I'll give you some suggestions on your essay and I'll post it on GameFAQs, Nsider2, and AllisBrawl.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I kinda like the Chaotix, before they started just being there for the sake of being there (minus the Bee thing, which was semi-annoying).

Silver is the worst though. He's like a Jet clone, who is a Shadow clone (he was only good in SA2, and maybe Heroes), who is a Metal Sonic clone (Metal Sonic rules!), who is a clone of Sonic and Knuckles and Dr. Eggman breeded together (willingly or unwillingly).
Jet honestly seemed like a straight-out Sonic clone, with a more dark personality. I don't see the similarities to Shadow.

As for Silver, how is he similar to Jet? That, and I found Silver more interesting than Jet overall. He had a pretty neat personality, and more interesting powers. He wasn't yet another speedy hedgehog, which severely helps. He was actually unique.

And yeah, I feel bad for the Chaotix. I mean, why was Vector in the Mario & Sonic games? Big would've filled that role quicker and better. Having one member of Team Chaotix without the others is silly.(yes, I think it was too in Sonic The Fighters before you point that out)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Is there a reason FE11 took 6 months to localize, yet FE12 is still Japan-only? It's been over a year since its release. Does anyone know of any plans for that game? FE13 being a Japan-only game sounds rather plausible now.

If that is the case, then keeping Ike for the sake of international appeal would be best, right? Then pleasing... pretty much everyone by bringing back Roy?
I know, it's pretty annoying, right=??? I wanna play the remake of Fire Emblem 3. I love Fire Emblem 3.

And I think they'll keep Ike. Marth starts two games and two remakes, Ike starts in one game and the better half of another (so pretty much two as well). I think we'll see the Radiant Dawn Ike, because he is newer, cooler, and shows that Ike has truly matured. The Brawl Path of Radiance Ike will serve as an alternate outfit like Wario Land Wario did in Brawl.

If a future Fire Emblem game comes out here, it definitely helps the chances of any new main character/Fire Lord of making it in smash (assuming they don't suck, which none of them have... yet).

@ Metal Overlord
More spacing plox! Too much text... >.< :awesome:

Jet honestly seemed like a straight-out Sonic clone, with a more dark personality. I don't see the similarities to Shadow.

As for Silver, how is he similar to Jet? That, and I found Silver more interesting than Jet overall. He had a pretty neat personality, and more interesting powers. He wasn't yet another speedy hedgehog, which severely helps. He was actually unique.

And yeah, I feel bad for the Chaotix. I mean, why was Vector in the Mario & Sonic games? Big would've filled that role quicker and better. Having one member of Team Chaotix without the others is silly.(yes, I think it was too in Sonic The Fighters before you point that out)
Jet has some characteristics of Shadow, but is definitely a Sonic/Knuckles clone.

Silver should get axed because he was in that abomination of a Sonic the Hedgehog game. His personality was okay, but he was forgettable. I already forgot what he was like.

Yeah, the Chaotix need their own gig. After that, the other minor characters like Big, Cream, and anybody that isn't Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal Sonic, or Dr. Eggman need to die. The Sonic Team should invent a new enemy character who kills all of them. That would rock!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Speed and Weight Chart of Victini:

Weight Class: Heavier than ZSamus, but Lighter than Olimar:

Bowser
Snake
King Dedede
Charizard
Ganondorf
Samus
Yoshi
Wario
R.O.B.
Ike
Captain Falcon
Link
Wolf
Lucario
Ivysaur
Mario
Luigi
Sonic
Ness
Lucas
Pit
Ice Climbers
Toon Link
Diddy Kong
Peach
Marth
Sheik
Zelda
Falco
Olimar
Victini***
Zero Suit Samus
Fox
Meta Knight
Pikachu
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
Squirtle
Jigglypuff
~
Speed: Faster then Pikachu, but slower than Meta Knight

From Slowest to Fastest:
Jigglypuff: 5.50
Ganondorf: 5.20
King DeDeDe: 4.93
Zelda: 4.93
Wario: 4.50
Peach: 4.50
Snake: 4.50
Luigi: 4.50
Link: 4.50
Ike: 4.43
Squirtle: 4:43
Kirby: 4.43
Olimin & Pikmin: 4.33
Ness: 4.33
Wolf: 4.33
Ice Climbers: 4.33
Lucario: 4.23
Falco: 4.23
Samus: 4.16
Lucas: 4.00
R.O.B: 4.00
Bowser: 4.00
Mario: 4.00
Ivysaur: 4.00
Mr. G&W: 3.93
Pit: 3.84
Toon Link: 3.73
Donkey Kong: 3.73
Yoshi: 3.63
Diddy Kong: 3.56
Marth: 3.56
Charizard: 3.43
Pikachu:3.43
Victini: 3.39***
Meta-Knight: 3.30
ZSS: 3.17
Shiek: 3.17
Fox: 2.90
C. Falcon: 2.77
Sonic: 1.90

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Johnknight, I made some edits to my essay. Hopefully you can read it better now?

Chaotix is the ****. Rouge and Shadow in SA2 and Heroes were cool and so were Chaos and Tikal in SA1. Now as for the rest...

"Charmy needs to die"? WTF? Chaotix wouldn't nearly be as cool without him...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Jet has some characteristics of Shadow, but is definitely a Sonic/Knuckles clone.

Silver should get axed because he was in that abomination of a Sonic the Hedgehog game. His personality was okay, but he was forgettable. I already forgot what he was like.

Yeah, the Chaotix need their own gig. After that, the other minor characters like Big, Cream, and anybody that isn't Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Metal Sonic, or Dr. Eggman need to die. The Sonic Team should invent a new enemy character who kills all of them. That would rock!
The only similar I see to Shadow with Jet is using tech to try and be faster than Sonic. I'd like to know what characteristics you mean.

Sonic 2006 wasn't an "abomination". It was just below average. That speaks nothing about Silver himself other than "I came from a bad game". I tend to avoid those reasons, and it's purely subjective. Your other reason makes sense, though. He's pretty naive, but is a hero through and through.

I hate killing off characters overall. Nobody in the Sonic franchise deserves death. Not even Charmy. They just need less appearances, OR they should be the ones getting more games in general, not a new character per game. Chip was pretty annoying. We need character development for something other than the main characters. Also, Rouge needs to leave? She's the least annoying female in the games overall.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I hate killing off characters overall. Nobody in the Sonic franchise deserves death. Not even Charmy. They just need less appearances, OR they should be the ones getting more games in general, not a new character per game. Chip was pretty annoying. We need character development for something other than the main characters. Also, Rouge needs to leave? She's the least annoying female in the games overall.
This.

Killing characters off in general is not the answer to Sonic's problem story-wise, contrary to what many people believe.

Colors I think gets it right, though, at least the best by far out of any Modern Sonic game.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'd expect Victini to be around Squirtle's size and weight... I don't think he'll end up weighing more than ZSS.

D

Deleted member

@asage94: Victini is too heavy. Make it among the lightest characters in the game since it weighs about eight pounds.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'd expect Victini to be around Squirtle's size and weight... I don't think he'll end up weighing more than ZSS.
I might lower it, but Weight is also a ratio of how much it takes to launch a person. Victini needs stance weight for this. Example is ZSamus and Olimar.

Towards weight stature, I think I'll have him below Pikachu by 1 click. He'll fit that measure.

@SSBF Maybe a click lower than Pikachu. Take a look:
1’04” 8.8lbs ~ Victini
1’04” 13.2lbs ~ Pikachu

If Victini was light weight, his usefulness with the moveset we agreed on would be very low. Give Victini proper fight material.
As for speed, anyone?

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Re-tweaked one minor thing, but this is it:

[COLLAPSE="My final roster wishlist"]Mario series:
- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Dr. Mario

DK series:
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong tag team
- King K. Rool

LoZ series:
- Link
- Zelda/Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Midna
- Young Link
- Toon Link
- Toon Zelda/Tetra

Metroid series:
- Samus/Zero Suit Samus
- Adam Malkovich
- Dark Samus

Kirby series:
- Kirby
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede

Star Fox series:
- Fox
- Falco
- Wolf
- Krystal

Pokemon series:
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Mewtwo
- Pichu
- Pokemon Trainer
- Lucario
- Meowth
- Plusle & Minun

F-Zero series:
- Captain Falcon
- Black Shadow

WarioWare series:
- Wario
- Ashley

Fire Emblem series:
- Marth
- Roy
- Ike

Earthbound series:
- Ness
- Lucas

Others:
- Yoshi
- R.O.B.
- Ice Climbers
- Pit
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Olimar
- Snake
- Sonic
- Cloud Strife
- Sephiroth
- Megaman
- KOS-MOS
- Shantae[/COLLAPSE]

It is open to discussion. I could care less what you guys think anymore. This is what I want to have. I'm standing by it.

And if anyone wants to, they can make an image of it.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'll post my opinions on that roster in a second... I know Its open opinion but its going to he pretty harsh.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hey, it's cool bro. Ignore what they're smacking. But if you don't like talking about it, remember in the future not to bring it up. Cool?

I found this awesome Comic. Mewtwo is ashamed:
Mewtwo should have nothing to fear though, since it gets Flamethrower. Flamethrower equals one dead Genesect.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Trunks, get your *** on page 3327 and read my Mewtwo essay son. That goes for everyone else, too. :oneeye:
Essay?

Well I'll take a look, although you can probably expect what I'm going to say about it. ;)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Re-tweaked one minor thing, but this is it:

[COLLAPSE="My final roster wishlist"]Mario series:
- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Dr. Mario - Unless he gets completely revamped he shouldn't come back... the 5th slot should go to Bowser Jr., Toad or even Paper Mario.

DK series:
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong tag team - I like the idea but Diddy is fine by himself if Dixxie gets in I'm sure that she'd be fine on her own.
- King K. Rool

LoZ series:
- Link
- Zelda/Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Midna - Didn't get in Brawl so why should she get in Smash4?
- Young Link- It's a possibility if we get a Majora's Mask remake for the 3DS then sure he can come back./B]
- Toon Link
- Toon Zelda/Tetra - No thanks... I think Tingle would be better even though he'd represent his own series heck even if Ghirahim turns out to be popular he'd be better.

Metroid series:
- Samus/Zero Suit Samus
- Adam Malkovich - No, if we get another Metroid rep it should be Ridley he should have been in Melee.
- Dark Samus - Fine by me as long as they're not a clone... I'd prefer Anthony Higgs though to be honest.

Kirby series:
- Kirby
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede

Star Fox series:
- Fox
- Falco
- Wolf
- Krystal

Pokemon series:
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Mewtwo
- Pichu- Absolutely NOT
- Pokemon Trainer
- Lucario - I wouldn't mind him staying I think he'll end up getting replaced by Victini or Zoroark though.
- Meowth - Sure why not.. I doubt it's going to happen though.
- Plusle & Minun - Fine by me... if we get R/S 3DS then I could see them getting in.

F-Zero series:
- Captain Falcon
- Black Shadow - Maybe he's pretty cool if he gets Ganondorfs old moveset it would be perfect.

WarioWare series:
- Wario
- Ashley she seems really overrated to me.. I think Orbulon would be better or Jimmy T.

Fire Emblem series:
- Marth
- Roy
- Ike

Earthbound series:
- Ness
- Lucas

Others:
- Yoshi
- R.O.B.
- Ice Climbers
- Pit
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Olimar
- Snake
- Sonic
- Cloud Strife - See Sephiroth
- Sephiroth - I shouldn't have to explain this one :/
- Megaman
- KOS-MOS - Who?
- Shantae - I don't know who she is... nor do I know what she does so I don't know[/COLLAPSE]

It is open to discussion. I could care less what you guys think anymore. This is what I want to have. I'm standing by it.

And if anyone wants to, they can make an image of it.

Alright here we go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom