• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@asage94: Victini is too heavy. Make it among the lightest characters in the game since it weighs about eight pounds.

:phone:
The irony, however, is that Mewtwo weighs 269 lbs., and yet it is lighter than the princesses in Melee. In Brawl, none of the playable Pokemon weigh more than 200 lbs., and yet some of them are heavier than Mario (who is heavier than Mewtwo in Melee).

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this but... Mewtwo really seems kind of overatted here I like it don't get me wrong but it's really not all that godly :p

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this but... Mewtwo really seems kind of overatted here I like it don't get me wrong but it's really not all that godly :p
Well, he "deserves" to come back and is quite popular not just here but elsewhere as well, Japan having it's largest overall fanbase and oveall influental for Mewtwo.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well its status as the best Pokemon got nerfed down as the generations advanced. Tyranitar can easily beat Mewtwo now, thanks to Crunch and its Sand Stream ability (the SP DEF boost that Sandstorm gives to Rock-types makes Aura Sphere less devastating to Tyranitar).

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I agree that he's deserving and that he should come back I just think he's a bit overrated is all.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Omega, I really think you're Tien now.

I think you have a third eye because how in the flyin' **** else are you readin' through my **** and respondin' to other peep's posts at the same time? :awesome:

Tyranitar is a pseudo-legendary, BTW. Not that it would make any difference in him be able to beat Mewtwo easily but still...

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Metal

Alright my biggest concern is that you need to add a bit more on what could/should happen to Mewtwo if he comes back. This may sound obvious coming from me, but Mewtwo's moveset is a major counterpoint against him, seeing as most people hated it. Whether or not you bring up the spoon is up to you, it is your essay not mine, but you should try and defend this counterpoint.

You could also add on by bring it up that Mewtwo was available in HG/SS in order to help support his relevancy.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Metal

Alright my biggest concern is that you need to add a bit more on what could/should happen to Mewtwo if he comes back. This may sound obvious coming from me, but Mewtwo's moveset is a major counterpoint against him, seeing as most people hated it. Whether or not you bring up the spoon is up to you, it is your essay not mine, but you should try and defend this counterpoint.

You could also add on by bring it up that Mewtwo was available in HG/SS in order to help support his relevancy.
OK, will do.

I considered bringing up his Melee moveset but then I decided I would try and focus solely on supporting my stances on him returning before going into what I think should happen if he indeed returned this time around.

Also, I don't know much about competitive gameplay and whatnot, so it would be hard for me to elaborate on what I think should be improved if he comes back. All I really know is that I think he should be heavier.

But I will take that into consideration.

Forgot about his availabity in HG/SS, I'll try and get on that soon, too.

Anything else you or anyone else would like to address?

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
OK, will do.

I considered bringing up his Melee moveset but then I decided I would try and focus solely on supporting my stances on him returning before going into what would happen if he indeed returned this time around.

But I will take that into consideration.

Forgot about his availabity in HG/SS, I'll try and get on that soon, too.

Anything else you or anyone else would like to address?
It's your essay, so it's all up to you, but other then that I can't think of anything else other then mentioning his new Signature Move.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, I may not agree on some of the stuff posted here(Toad, Special Meters, etc.), but if there's one thing I DO agree on it's this.
BRING MEWTWO BACK!
That is all. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Re-tweaked one minor thing, but this is it:

[COLLAPSE="My final roster wishlist"]Mario series:
- Mario
- Luigi
- Peach
- Bowser
- Dr. Mario

DK series:
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong tag team
- King K. Rool

LoZ series:
- Link
- Zelda/Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Midna
- Young Link
- Toon Link
- Toon Zelda/Tetra

Metroid series:
- Samus/Zero Suit Samus
- Adam Malkovich
- Dark Samus

Kirby series:
- Kirby
- Meta Knight
- King Dedede

Star Fox series:
- Fox
- Falco
- Wolf
- Krystal

Pokemon series:
- Pikachu
- Jigglypuff
- Mewtwo
- Pichu
- Pokemon Trainer
- Lucario
- Meowth
- Plusle & Minun

F-Zero series:
- Captain Falcon
- Black Shadow

WarioWare series:
- Wario
- Ashley

Fire Emblem series:
- Marth
- Roy
- Ike

Earthbound series:
- Ness
- Lucas

Others:
- Yoshi
- R.O.B.
- Ice Climbers
- Pit
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Olimar
- Snake
- Sonic
- Cloud Strife
- Sephiroth
- Megaman
- KOS-MOS
- Shantae[/COLLAPSE]

It is open to discussion. I could care less what you guys think anymore. This is what I want to have. I'm standing by it.

And if anyone wants to, they can make an image of it.
Three problems with the Roster:

-Cloud/Sephiroth have no major Nintendo appearances. Cut 'em.
-You didn't add a 5th Generation Pokemon. Unless Pokemon Trainer is updated to use 5th Gen, then never mind.
-Dark Samus isn't needed. Ridley's more important. Switch those two.

Other than that, good roster.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Metal

Falling back on "His moveset could be changed!" isn't exactly the best thing to do. You could mention it, but in the end NO ONES moves have ever been drastically changed, and really it's just purely subjective.

Berserkerrrrrr, and anyone else I can critique your rosters if you like. I'll have Berserker's done by three, and I'll be free for someone else's.

D

Deleted member

Falling back on "His moveset could be changed!" isn't exactly the best thing to do. You could mention it, but in the end NO ONES moves have ever been drastically changed, and really it's just purely subjective.

Berserkerrrrrr, and anyone else I can critique your rosters if you like. I'll have Berserker's done by three, and I'll be free for someone else's.
You can check out my roster in the back room.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
"Why do they want that Marth clone back so badly? OH WELL, if the fans say so."

Which would be a huge shame since Roy could actually be much different. ChronoBound's moveset gave me the impression Roy's sword shoots fire lasers.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pit's Quest

-It shows a valley, with Lucario running through it.
-It then zooms into Lucario, with a small white orb (remember Ice Climbers story) in his hand.
-The Camera follows from behind Lucario, then turns sharply to show Fox in an arwing chasing after him.
-Pit, lying in the grass, notices the wind whipping up, and sits up to see this in motion.
-Lucario's eyes look to Pit, then he looks forward, then jumps off a large cliff.
-It shows the Arwing diving to him as well.
-The camera turns to Pit, seeing Lucario land on a cloud, then jumping off that same cloud to go downwards more, while the Arwing chases him down.
-Pit knew something was up, but he wasn't sure.
-He nods, and then leaps off the edge of the cliff, and chases after them.
-Play as Pit and go through Valley of Rain's Sky level, facing creatures from the Mario series, Paratroopas, the metriod things from Kid Icarus, and others.
-Pit lands on the Valley of Rain, seeing the Arwing has crashed.
-He then notices that something is shining inside the rubble.
-To his surprise, it wasn't Fox, but Brian (from Quest 64?).
-He releases him, and Brian stands up, and looks at him.
-A flashback from brian shows him being hit by the Arwing, while being footstooled by Lucario.
-He stomps his foot, and points foward, towards where the two left.
-Pit scratches his head in confusion, but is then grabbed by the shoulder, and dragged to chasing after them.
-Play as Pit (1st) and Brian (2nd) and go through the Valley of Rain, facing Minaos, which are creatures that are like Chaos from Sonic, but look like fish with four legs, and are a tiny bit smaller than Kirby. Along with those, face off Goombas and Troopas and more Goombas!
-Pit and Brian make it to a finished fight, with Fox down. Lucario, now hold two stones, both Black and White, notice Brian and Pit, and dart off.
-As soon as the two begin to attack, something roars from the distance.
-A giant Goomba that looks like it has jelly around him looks at the two and barks at them with gargling like roars.
-Pit and Brian prepare to face off the wierd goomba.
-BOSS BATTLE! VS CHAOS GOOMBA!
-The jelly from the Goomba melts off, and a Goomba lies there, tired.
-Pit kicks it over the edge of a cliff nearby, and goes back to Brian.
-The two know what they must do, and that is to chase Lucario down. And so they do, noticing thunder and lightning in the direction.
-Credits..?

-Normal or harder...

-It shows Pit and Brian running down the passageway, trying to find Lucario.
-Play as Pit (1st) and Brian (2nd) and go through the Valley of Rain's Passageway, with just Minaos and a new beast, Medaos, which are flying Miniture Chaos's.
-They get to the spot, seeing no one around. Not even Lucario.
-Pit turns to Brian, and he shrugs, with closed eyes.
-Then from the distance, something rips from the ground, and Lucario does a backflip to dodge it.
-Pit and Brian see him then pass both of them in a hurry, and then they see why!
-A giant, shark-like Chaos rips through the hillside, and catches the sight of Pit and Brian.
-The two look at each other.
-Player choice: You can run, or fight it.
~Fight it.
-BOSS BATTLE ULTRA! VS FINAL CHAOS!
-Then beast slowly melts away, and dies out.
-Pit and Brian clap, then rub their hands together, then shake hands.
-Fox comes to them, with Falco, and they then bring a photo of Lucario out.
-Pit and Brian nod, and point towards where Lucario fled.
-Fox and Falco look at each other, then Fox waves to go that way, and runs off, Falco chasing with him.
~
OR
~Run from it.
-It shows both of them go in the direction to where Lucario fled, and flee.
-Play as Pit (1st) and Brian (2nd) and run from the beast in a run away fight. Have Final Chaos run into the hanging rocks above and the obstacles ahead as you avoide them.
-The beast wears down, and Brian and Pit shoot strong arrows at the beast, knocking it down a cliff.
-Pit and Brian then shake hands.
-Fox comes to them, with Falco, and they then bring a photo of Lucario out.
-Pit and Brian nod, and point towards where Lucario fled.
-Fox and Falco look at each other, then Fox waves to go that way, and runs off, Falco chasing with him.
-Credits!

HyperFalcon Suggested Brian.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Which would be a huge shame since Roy could actually be much different. ChronoBound's moveset gave me the impression Roy's sword shoots fire lasers.
I'm not his biggest fan right now. Well Roy and Mewtwo (Especially Mewtwo) have a lot more going for them then "UUUH THEY CULD HAVE NEW MOVES!!!?", so I think exploring popularity, the sheer entitiy in gaming that Mewtwo was, and still is, and whatnot is a much better route to take.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mewtwo really doesn't NEED a new moveset, it would just be neat if it was actually... Mewtwoish. Roy really does need one, though. If he comes back as a clone I'm going to hate him so much.

ALTHOUGH~ I do wonder, we know Sakurai doesn't like to alienate players, but since Mewtwo and Roy sat the last game out, perhaps he'd feel it would be okay to change them up much more drastically? Maybe? I dunno, SPECULATION~

ALSO SHORTIE. Are you still working on that storyline? :3

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't have any, really. What characters have you done already?
Along with partners, here is the list of who I've done.

Young Link and Toon Link
Mario and Link
Mewtwo with Samus, then Snake
Victini
Lucas and Zoroark
Sonic and Lucario
Zoroark and Zero
King De3 and Ness
Ice Climbers Nana and Popo
Pit and Brian

I'm making Luigi and Lucas's soon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Grats, u've earn 100 respect points!

See, this is what I'm looking for. Team combos you don't expect, like ZSamus and Pikachu. Nice job, bro. I'll do this.
Thanks. I chose them for their similar "steal move" ability. That, and depending the writer, they're both fairly calm and nice, but will quickly go to battle without hesitation.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Along with partners, here is the list of who I've done.

Young Link and Toon Link
Mario and Link
Mewtwo with Samus, then Snake
Victini
Lucas and Zoroark
Sonic and Lucario
Zoroark and Zero
King De3 and Ness
Ice Climbers Nana and Popo
Pit and Brian

I'm making Luigi and Lucas's soon.
Are these from your roster? Or just from any character suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom