• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Roster designer: Berserker 10/14/11

Okay, let’s do this.

Mario franchise: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Toad, Yoshi, Wario

- Essentially, you’ve taken a rather conservative approach to the Mario/Yoshi/Wario franchise, which I actually like. This franchise could actually go without a single newcomer to the core series itself, and then maybe add a character to Wario? But even that is optional. The series is essentially complete, and from what I’ve seen with the rest of your franchises so are they. 5/5 for conservative values….for once.

Donkey Kong Franchise: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King. K. Rool

- This is a major franchise. DKC1, DKC2, DK64, and eventually DKCR have sold like hotcakes. They are some of Nintendo’s shining works of art, and sales only furthers that. Adding only King K. Rool, while may be a bit TOO conservative, is an okay choice. Personally, I believe that this series should make four slots, and stop there, never to get a fifth one. BUT, the is fine. 5/5

LoZ Franchise: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link

- I’m NOT going to knock you on the lack of Ganon/TLink updates, because at the rate that the rest of the franchises are growing, virtually nothing is looking “super fresh”. Which means, nothing is outshining another franchise, so really you could keep Ganon/TLink exactly the same, and they won’t totally stick out like a sore thumb. However, the sheer lack of newcomers does kind of need to be reprimanded, so even though I WOULD give you a four, I’m going to leave you with a 2.5/5, because 8 – 9 newcomers, is bad. Just…bad.

Kirby series: Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight

- Good cat, 5/5

Fire Emblem: Marth, Chrome

- I have problems with Chrome, but the way you implemented them ALMOST makes up for it. You added him over another character who was going to play similar to him, which is smart. He looks different from Marth on a lot of levels, so it’s not that bad of an idea, IF we knew how he was received. We know how Ike is received, and we know how Roy was received, why not pick them? HECK, we know how Lyn and Black Knight were even received. Okay, you made a smart move, in a dumb way…. 3.5/5 for that.

Pokemon franchise: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Victini

- No major series has really made a big leap in terms of characters, so I suppose this is fine. I can’t dock you much more now that I realize, this is just a REALLY conservative roster. But I will say this. You know how well received Mewtwo is, and you could PROBABLY get away with axing PT, for the sake of newcomer count, why didn’t you? Ah well, 4.5/5 for you.

Mother & Metroid: Samus, ZSS, Ridley, Ness, Lucas

- No complaints, you picked a good newcomer for Metroid, and left Mother at two. For a conservative roster, dandy. 10/10

F-Zero & StarFox: Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Fox, Falco, Wolf
- No Krystal? No Black Shadow? No problem. 10/10

Smaller Franchises: IC’s, ROB, Game&Watch, Olimar, Pit, Medusa, Little Mac, Saki, Shulk

- I’m going to tell you right now, it’s a good roster of Small franchises, but the lack of the Universal Isaac, really bothers me. He’s the only character who has a lot of support internationally (Or at least US/JP) and you left him out. Everyone else checks out fine, I just find it hard to see why you would leave him out. As for the retros, we didn’t get a new one, which also bothers me. If you know me, you would know that you could put down VIRTUALLY ANY retro and I would have starred it. Donkey Kong Jr? Bubbles? Tamagon? I would have been fine with it. You got a 6/10

Third Parties: None OR, Sonic, Snake, Megaman

- Either way gets 5/5 from me.

OVERALL APPEARANCE: For a conservative roster, it’s okay. But for a general roster, I don’t like… 8-9 newcomers is just not enough. Adding three more PROBABLY would have caused me to not even notice it was a conservative roster. You played your cards right for the most part, with a simple slip up in the Retro/Smaller franchises department, and thennot choosing Mewtwo over PT and not, thinking about Chome. But other than that it’s pretty good for a conservative roster.

Berserkeerrrrrrrrr, did good.

Shorts points percentages:

1. Oasis (83%)
2. Kantrip (82.5%)
3. Berserker (77%)
4. Steam (76%)

ALSO SHORTIE. Are you still working on that storyline? :3
i havent been WORKING ON IT, but I still am planning to, yes. Schooly is a *****y. SSBF, SWAYNEGANG, YOU'RE NEXT.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You too slow, you trying to post alot I see. :p :sonicbrawl:

Don't mention the discussion group to non members unless they specifically ask where to find something. :/

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You too slow, you trying to post alot I see. :p :sonicbrawl:

Don't mention the discussion group to non members unless they specifically ask where to find something. :/

:phone:
The bold wasn't nessasary, because I'm not T_T (I could care less towards what my post count is.)
And sry, didn't kno about that. Nor did I know if he was or wasn't a member. Please don't jump the gun. It's rude. Neways I'll explain more to him.

It's part of an Adventure mode that I made which has all charaters having their own story, or quest. If you have 2 players, you can do the mission with whoever is 2nd in line. Example: Lucas (1st) and Zoroark (2nd).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Shorts points percentages:

1. Oasis (83%)
2. Kantrip (82.5%)
3. Berserker (77%)
4. Steam (76%)
STRONGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD, HUUUARRGH. I think I want to make a dream roster just to see what you'd say. Would I get points off for TOO MANY characters. :awesome:

I hope you don't have PAPERS to write. Those are the worst.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
how about giovanni with mewtwo, persian, and kangaskahn? keep mewtwo's melee moveset and add a new character

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
-No major series has really made a big leap in terms of characters, so I suppose this is fine.
Zelda and Mario from what I can recall made a big leap in Melee with three more characters.

D

Deleted member

King Omasassekke said:
I want more Ike support, I might do some comparison agaisnt Chrome.
I support Ike's return.
Kantrip said:
Zelda got a huge leap in Melee.

I think mario only got 2
In Melee, we got Peach, Bowser, and Dr. Mario. That's three characters. That said, it did lose one in Brawl.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ah, I forgot about Doctor Mario haha. He just doesn't feel like a newcomer :p

64 had Link.

Melee had Link, Young Link, Zelda, Sheik, AND Ganondorf.

Biggest jump.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In the context of Berserker's roster, no major series had made a big leap in characters. :I

You guys.

So anyway, I was toying around and came up with a nice starting roster I think. Don't like Palutena and Dixie on there but whatever.

...Although it's a huge step down from Brawl's in terms of STARTING NEWCOMERS. Hrm.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is some new information about N:

This information comes straight from Junichi's Twitter...

N's real name is Natural Harmonia Gropius, with "N" coming from the term natural number.
With his high IQ, N exceeds humans.
A genius, N excels in math enough to be called a math wizard.
N is quick-witted and has extreme mood swings.
N can see the past and future of people.
According to Masuda, rumors have it that N was born from Pokémon; the parents are unknown.
N loves Pokémon but keeps his distance from humans.
N believes he’s perfect.
Always putting Pokémon first is N's ideology.
Given how he is, he has been shunned by humans. In effect, he has a very strong connection with Pokémon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In the context of Berserker's roster, no major series had made a big leap in characters. :I

You guys.
Exactly, What do you take me for? A sucker?

Roster Designer:
SuperSmashBrosFan 9/19/11

You have a lot of reasoning, this could be good, or backfire.

Mario Franchise: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Yoshi, Wario

- You picked well. While I believe Toad is a stronger choice, ultimately I can’t really dock you for picking Bowser Jr, because he does have a big fanbase, and he is a good choice. Where Toad lacks, he makes up for. Anyways, moving onto the spin-off series. No Yoshi? No Wario? FINE, I would have liked to see some, but they aren’t NEEDED. For the Mario franchise, you get a 5/5
Donkey Kong franchise: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool

- King K. Rool. Good choice, however in your reasoning you failed to mention anything about Dixie, which is good, because your reasoning for leaving her out could have backfired on you. The choice to go with a single DK character is okay, It’s not the best, it’s just okay. 5/5

LoZ Franchise: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link

- You should have told me how this series isn’t going stale. One of the biggest series, with a huge fanbase isn’t getting changed, whatsoever. Something like, “Ganon/TLink will be less cloney” would have let me give you a five, but you didn’t say anything, so 4/5. Unfortunate.

Kirby Franchise: Kirby, MetaKnight, King Dedede

- Right on the money 5/5

Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, Chrome

- You have the right reasoning for everyone, except CHROME. That type of reasoning should say “LEAVE OUT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE”. On top of havning two potential clones, you have THREE Blue haired boys.The series will not only LOOK redundant, but could play that way as well. 3/5

Pokemon franchise: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo, Victini

- Good. You picked the perfect balance. WHILE I would personally rather have no PT, and six Pokemon slots, this is the next best thing. You have the Mewtwo man, and you have Victini You could have gone with Zoroark, or even Genesect really. Victini is good though. I suppose you ended up just choosing the best choices you could. Losing Lucario is a sacrifice the series is willing to make. 5/5

Mother & Metroid: Samus, ZSS, Ridley, Ness, Lucas

- Ridley, good. 10/10
F-Zero & StarFox: Captain Falcon, Fox, Wolf, Falco

- Why? Why would you do this to everyone? Leave a F-Zero character out? It’s silly. Just silly. We have Lucas, why can’t we have Samurai or Shadow? Tsk tsk. StarFox looks fine though. 7/10

Smaller Franchises: IC’s, ROB, G&W, Olimar, Pit, Palutena, Little Mac, Isaac, Takamaru

- Takamaru is going to be retro. For all ntensive pruposes, he will fit this bill for now. You did good here. Palutena is a great choice, Isaac, Little Mac, and Takamaru really embody the whole US, International, JP trio. For that, I give you a 10.5/10.

Third Party Fanchises: Sonic, Snake, Megaman

- *Yawns* Yeah, 5/5 How boring.

OVERALL APPEARANCE: It’s a pretty good roster, but is pretty much the most predicatable thing I have almost ever read. Switch Junior with Toad, and it IS. Where are the suprises? Besides that, a lack of F-Zero, and Chrome were the only other major mistakes. You did pretty well.

Good Job SSBF.

Shorts roster prediction tier list:

Upper Tier
1. SSBF (92%)
2. Oasis (83%)
3. Kantrip (82.5%)

Lower Tier
1. Berserker (77%)
2. Steam (76%)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think some of that information was already known by the Pokemon community. Still it's nice to see that they're putting a lot of effort into N's character.

IMO I still think he has a somewhat good chance at getting in, he would be an interesting choice for a 5th Gen rep and has a lot of options for Pokemon to wield. He's more or less the Dark Horse Pokemon rep.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Don't you see? N is the creation of the "Pokegods". Pokemon created their universe, and we can assume they created humans as well. N is just this sort of "Perfect Human" created by Palkia/Dialga/Arceus. He's probably an attempt to make the ideal human, gone wrong of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom