• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, let's deal with a couple of things I noted, first off FE, I agree that we might get Roy due to his massive popularity in Japan, so that's a given, however since FE13 was recently announced a new lord named "Chrome/Krom" has already been confirmed to be the newest protagonist lord, so Chrome might end up replacing Ike due to him looking and playing similar, although we will have to see if his game is taken well and if Intelligent Systems wants him in, so in conclusion we might end up getting, Marth, Chrome or Marth, Ike and Roy.

As for Tom Nook, I'm not that sure about him, given the fact that the series did indeed get a stage it might be a possibility that Sakurai may have been planning a character from it, but somehow he retracted from the idea and just stuck with the stage, if he were to change his mind however, an Animal Crossing could be a given, but I still believe it's unlikely.

As for Waluigi, given the fact that he's been growing a bit in demand for a spin-off character is something but since he would most likely represent the Mario series as opposed to being a Wario rep I find Jim unlikely due to Bowser Jr. Toad and even Paper Mario standing in his way, they are much mire iconic and more prominent to merit a slot.

I will add more critique in a bit.

overall, I'm liking it so far. :)

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Luca: Nice roster. Although I'd change out Waluigi with either Captain Syrup or a WarioWare character.

Also, still no 3rd Gen Pokemon. I'd take Pokemon Trainer with those there. Yes, this is my biggest Pokemon requirement for perfect approval, IMO. 3rd and 5th Gen. I don't care what the other ones are.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yeah i think Waluigi was one of the ones i left out in the 14 i thought had a real shot.

I probably should've added more to the LoZ in saying that ganon gets his sword.

*goes back and edits*

OmegaXXII

Yeah i think Waluigi was one of the ones i left out in the 14 i thought had a real shot.

I probably should've added more to the LoZ in saying that ganon gets his sword.

*goes back and edits*
For Loz add Tingle, Vaati or Ghirahim as possible candidates.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Are you serious? N's probably the only Pokemon character with an actual backstory.
N isn't that interesting, and Pokemon as a whole has major events/backstory. N is just one "I am God" complex character amongst a whole bunch of other interesting characters. Heck, I think Koga and Janine are more interesting than N.

OmegaXXII

Oasis_S said:
Oh. That's a power-down. Beware the Stool-Toad. He turns you all ****ty like. (Note the ****tiness of their outfits)

They should implement the **** Mushroom as punishment for hoarding power-ups. Y'know, hard mode. By the time you get to World 8, that mushroom in your pocket is going to be rotten (****ty).

...T-Those aren't fireballs he's tossing.
Lol...what kind of power-up is this suppose to be anyway? :awesome:

Nice to see Ness will still be the unlockable.

Alrighty, i suppose i could have a go at this roster, but i really think most anyone still has a shot, so i'll put in a few that may or may not have a chance in brackets, with a reason as to why:

Mario Universe:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
(Toad: He may be one of the last big mario reps to get in, plus he has huge support and would have a unique moveset. Sometimes the younger generation brings him down, but he still has a good go at it IMO. Bowser Jr. may or may not be a clone with only a paintbrush as his differentiating weapon, and Paper Mario would be a mario spinoff)

Good

Mario Spinoffs:
Yoshi
Wario
(Waluigi: I'm not too sure about this one. It sometimes seems as though he has support, other times it seems as though everyone hates him. While Sakurai said himself wario was the only character to get barely any support in brawl, and another rep from that area might be detrimental, he may put it in as a chance to revive support for Wario and Waluigi. Still, chances aren't particularly looking good.)

Hmmm....

Donkey Kong:
D.K.
Diddy Kong
K. Rool (Cranky can be an AT)
(Dixie Kong: She may or may not have a shot depending on K. Rool. Be aware that D.K. does need a villain, and as much as I would like Dixie to get in I feel the only way both of them could get in was if Dixie tag teamed with Diddy. I dunno.....)

Good

LoZ:
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf (WITH HIS SWORD)
Toon Link (while there's a miniscule chance of Young Link returning, i think Toon Link got the better support)

Good

Metroid:
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
(Ridley: Has a fair amount of support, his only problem is probably size + flight, but things like that have been changed around before, in the case of Bowser and Olimar, so i still see him as a contender)

Duh

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Good

Starfox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
(New starfox rep: Possible, but i'm not really sure... Should probably stay with the kirby fanchise in terms of number of reps)

Good

Pokémon:
Pikachu
PT (or at least some trainer with pokémon, maybe Team Rocket or N or someone)
Jigglypuff
(Zoroark or Victini: I think both of them have a real shot, so I'm undecided, but i root for both of them)
(Mewtwo: He has a lot of support since his cut from melee, plus he would've been in brawl most likely if it wasn't for time issues. I'm pretty sure he was one of the forbidden seven)

Good

F-Zero:
C. Falcon
(Goroh: It's probably time F-Zero got it's second rep, but it does depend on Goroh's popularity and F-Zero's popularity in general IMO)

Good

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Roy
(Ike: With new FE's coming out, there is a possibility that Ike will be replaced by another lord or someone to advertise a new game. That being said Ike has considerable support and would be fine to stay along)

Good actually

Mother:
Ness
Lucas

Good

Pikmin:
Olimar
(Louie: Doubt it, would probably be a clone of Olimar, should keep him as a costume)

Animal Crossing:
(Tom Nook: Animal crossing has had a stage and could well get a character next game. Tom Nook seems to be the only character who has enough support to be able to pull it off)

......... Good

3rd party reps:
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

Good

Smaller Franchises:
Pit
(Medusa: She has a fair amount of support, plus with the upcoming Kid Icarus she'll be fresh in the minds of everyone)
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
(Chrono: A personal choice, i'll admit, but with the new 3DS remake of Chrono Trigger people may be reminded of him)
R.O.B.
Saki (see L. mac)
Isaac (see L. mac)
Little Mac: These three have lots of support from all over so i think they all have a nice shot in the roster
(Slime and Chocobo: Also could be classified as third party reps, but they have also had history with Nintendo that goes way back. Enough support and these two could be quite interesting additions.

Everything is good except for Chrono

Total Additions(that i actually think are possible; some of the ones i put in to brackets i don't think will happen, but just saying they have a shot): 14

Possible addition total: 19

I may well have forgotten a few :-P
Replies in blue

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
At least Chrono livens the roster up? o.O O.o

Nah, i'm just being silly. While I doubt he'll get in he'd be a nice choice for a retro char.

OmegaXXII

At least Chrono livens the roster up? o.O O.o

Nah, i'm just being silly. While I doubt he'll get in he'd be a nice choice for a retro char.
Is Chrono even considered retro? :laugh:

I'm guessing he is, he would make a nice type swordsman, katana perhaps? :surprised:

OmegaXXII

Sounds fair enough, I would also like to hear some music from the series since you seem to appraise it, I remember this one theme you posted, it was pretty good stuff. :bee:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
uhhh... Here. I'll also PM it to you. Remember it needs finishing touches, you guys are only seeing what i've done so far:

Chrono
Wednesday, 3 August 2011
11:00 AM

BASIC STATS:
Strength: 3/5
Magic: 4/5
Speed: 3/5
Attack Speed: 4/5
Weight: 2.5/5
Shield: 2/5
Jump: 2/5
Crawl: No
Fly: Lol, no
Continuous attack: no

BASIC ATTACK MOVES:
A: Chrono does a horizontal swipe with his Katana.
AA: Chrono flips the Katana in his hand and does another horizontal slash with his Katana.
AAA: Chrono does a small stab at the enemy, causing fair(for a AAA attack) knockback.

Forward Tilt: Chrono uses his other hand, moving it in front of him(a little like Lucas' forward tilt), causing electrical damage to the enemy. It does extremely little knockback but large damage because it is actually lots of small charges of electricity rather than one singular strike and his hand is moving a little slower(unlike Lucas).
Upward Tilt: Chrono takes the hilt of his sword and jumps up slightly with his hand outstretched towards the air.
Downward Tilt: Chrono, while crouching, swipes his katana along the ground, dealing high damage, high chance of tripping, but no knockback. Useful for trying to get away.

Neutral Air: Chrono stretches out in the air, then his hands and his feet move towards the side, all spurting out electrical energy. Pretty much a pike to a pike.
Forward Air: Chrono (like Ike but much faster) takes his sword above his head and swipes it down. The special thing about this move is, if the sword hits the ground while he is doing this move, he'll pole vault to kick the enemy(if he's still there of course).
Upward Air: Chrono lets out electricity out of his hair, causing upward diagonal knockback.
Downward Air: Chrono drops his Katana, but doesn't let it go too far, catching it with his feet before he loses it. Quite a nice meteor smash attack.
Backward Air: Chrono takes his sword and looks as though he's about to stab himself when, instead, he lifts up his arm and stabs the sword backward under his arm.

Running Attack: Chrono implants his sword in to the ground and uses the hilt as a pole vault, jumping over it(in a flip) and doing a flying kick. As he lands on the ground he pulls the sword out of the ground and the momentum means he can keep running.

INJURIES:
When First Hit: Chrono's eyes bulge and his hands and feet point towards where he's been hit from(think Lucario).
Lying on Ground: Chrono has his eyes screwed shut. One hand rests upon his body, and the hand with the katana lays on the ground.

GET UP ATTACKS:

Getting up off ground(below 100%): Chrono gets up sideways, and at the same, time, swings his Katana out, swinging it from one side to the other in a 180 degree angle.
Getting up off ground(after 100%): Chrono does the same motion, but swings his Katana 360 degrees instead, to face the other direction.
Getting up from ledge(below 100%): Chrono swings his body sideways and heaves it over the ledge and in front of him, before scrambling up to his feet.
Getting up from ledge(above 100%): Chrono slowly climbs up, and once he has done that he throws his sword to the ground just in front of him, before picking it up and resuming the fight.

SMASH ATTACKS:
Forward Smash: Chrono puts his hand on the hilt of his katana(which is in it's sheath), and once charged up pulls it out of the sheath and delivers a huge horizontal slash to the enemy.
Upward Smash: Chrono stabs his katana in to the ground, and(like his running attack) uses it as a pole vault to do a handstand and kick up.
Downward Smash: One of Chrono's slower, but stronger, moves. Chrono puts both hands out to one side, emitting electricity, and then the other, again with electricity.

GRABS:
Initial Grab: Chrono hold his sword with both hands(carefully) and moves it up and over anyone in front of him.

Attack While Grabbing: Chrono focuses on the enemy and creates a tiny field of electricity in front of him, zapping the enemy.

Forward Throw: Chrono moves his sword back over the enemy's head, then, still holding the sword in both hands, pushes it toward them and up, causing slight diagonal knockback but mostly horizontal knockback.
Backward Throw: Chrono Spins around and releases the enemy, another far horizontal throw.
Downward Throw: Chrono Throws the enemy down, jumps up, and impales the enemy with his sword, causing high vertical knockback.
Upward Throw: Chrono rolls back with the enemy and then does a huge kick upwards while on his back, causing high vertical knockback and almost no horizontal knockback(with the exception of DI).

SPECIALS:
Neutral Special(Infusion): A charge-up attack, Chrono holds his katana in both hands and charges it up with electrical energy. When charged(either fully or not), Chrono can choose to save this attack for later(like Lucario or Samus). When b is pressed again, Chrono will implant his sword in to the ground, sending out strong electrical shockwaves to either side. The distance of these shockwaves is directly proportional to how long the attack is charged, as well as the damage.

Forward Special(Lightning): Chrono pushes out his hands to one side and sends out multiple forks of lightning. Depending on the direction he chooses, he can make the forks go further up, or further out to the side.

Downward Special(Cyclone): Chrono does a small spin(nowhere near as long as Link's). It does fair knockback and has great reach. As well as this is has fair priority. However, it is very weak, and will not do much damage. However, it is a good finishing move.

Upward Special(Epoch): By far one of the quickest recoveries in the game. Chrono calls on Epoch, who whizzes in to the screen. The target is always Chrono, but you can affect where the Epoch comes from and where it goes. (to an extent). After pressing the special, you are allowed a split second to determine where you want to go(in this split second where Chrono((or rather you)) decides where to be taken, he is still. It's much like Ness and Lucas when they use PK thunder: They stop falling for a second). The Epoch comes from the opposite direction, whizzes toward you,(Chrono then grabs hold of it, and the Epoch is fairly small) carries you in the direction you chose, and then whizzes off as you let go of it. You cannot change direction once the Epoch comes on screen, so it takes a bit of skill to be able to use this properly. It's also very good as an on stage attack, and is a quick way to get to a part of the screen or behind a (small) opponent.(Large opponents will obviously be hit by the Epoch).

Final Smash(Luminaire): Chrono starts to levitate. As he does, a green dome forms around him, getting bigger and bigger. Anyone caught inside the dome as it grows takes damage as if they were caught in a B bomb. The dome becomes extremely large: Bigger than Luigi's circle, and if the stage is big, so is the FS. It envelops most of the stage, but if you are far enough away, you can avoid it. It lasts longer than a B bomb, and if you are caught inside it when the screen flashes white at the end you are in for a real knockback experience. A final smash not to be treated lightly….

At all.

*EDIT* OOPS, double post, sorry guys!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

OmegaXXII

@Luco: Nice moveset, I just received it, I will help you out with some of the damage and technical stuff, I like it though.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
So the biggest thing I missed was Krystal discussion. Good thing I missed it. :facepalm:

[COLLAPSE="JavaCroc's Long List of Quotes and Responses"]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXT7thyvhcs - Duck Hunt Dog's mannerisms would be hyperactive and cartoony like these hunting dogs.... suits his trollish personality. Notice how the dogs are using different stuff? Imagine those things as items in Smash and the Duck Hunt Dog would use them in a silly manner. Oh, and in the end, the dogs are wrapped in bandages and are in crutches... just like Vs. Duck Hunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eXHfumqU9A&feature=related - 1:40, Duck Hunt Dog would pounce and bite the opponent like that.

There's also the idea I suggested where the dog points a finger at the opponent... like he is telling the hunter (aka the person who is playing Duck Hunt) to shoot there. And there's that one idea Kuma suggested where he avoids getting shot as an attack.

I don't want to "see" the dog in Smash. I don't want to "fight" the dog in Smash. I want to "play" as the dog in Smash. Why do you think some people hated seeing Samurai Goroh, Isaac, Lyn, Little Mac, Ray MK III, Meowth, and Deoxys showing up as unplayable summons instead of as playable characters? I don't want to see Toad every time I played as Peach and pressed the B button - I want to play as Toad. HUGE DIFFERENCE! Were you satisfied with fighting Ridley twice in Brawl despite not able to play as him? If the dog is an Assist Trophy in SSB4, I would be disappointed, yes... but I will continue to support him for SSB5.
By awakening my inner love for old cartoons and high-quality hand-drawn animation, you have just won me over for Duck Hunt Dog support. :awesome:

And I'm serious.

Each day characters are selected for the chopping block, debated for which ones should leave/stay and then ultimately we are left with our roster after enough have been kicked off. It could be "Newcomers" or the entire roster, either way, would anyone be interested in it?[/QUOTE]
Sounds good to me. ;)

All franchises could go by that rule and be relatively safe. Then deserving franchises add supporting characters (female usually consumes slot #4)

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach

Link
Young Link/Toon Link
Zelda
Ganondorf

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
K. Rool
Dixie Kong

Like this!
Liked. :p

Villains? Like Gannondorf? Or someone like Ridley?

Boss. This Picture.
Stop posting such beautiful, humorous, and awesome images for a franchise I've never cared much for until recently. :laugh:

Annoy? Try "gross" or "repulse" or "disgust". Take your pick.

At least Zero Suit Samus appealed normal people because she's one of us... a member of our own species. The same will be true for Palutena. Can you say the same for Krystal? Normal people don't have sexual feelings for a fox nor do they want to have sex with a fox. Normal people don't get aroused by the idea of bestiality or zoophilia.
Based on your theory, all furries are also all sexual deviants, which is simply completely untrue. There are many furries out there who have no sexual attraction to the characters they like - they just enjoy them for who they are.

You could count me as a very minor non-sexual furry if you want since I like characters like Timon and Yoshi.

No biggie. It's just a sword! Besides, I just saw an image of it ten seconds ago. Smash needs some variety. Some "Token" or OBVIOUSLY built around a playstyle character.

Like, I want to see some terrain changer characters.

Gravity, or Ice, or sticky goop. Something. I think they should make a "Trap setter" as well.

Ashley of WarioWare could be a "Hex setter". Or even better, she could do things that change stats of characters. Like, "Slow Spell", or "Pain split spell", or "Gravity spell".
And that's one of the reasons I support Ashley for SSB4.

In the context of Berserker's roster, no major series had made a big leap in characters. :I

You guys.

So anyway, I was toying around and came up with a nice starting roster I think. Don't like Palutena and Dixie on there but whatever.

...Although it's a huge step down from Brawl's in terms of STARTING NEWCOMERS. Hrm.
I'd make some changes, but it's decent. Good choice with putting Tingle as a starter - he's a character who it's best to get the message "he's in - deal with it" spread before release so people don't flame over him afterwards and degrade the game.

Chrono Trigger - Chrono Trigger
Chrono Trigger - Battle
Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2
Chrono Trigger - Battle With Magus
Chrono Trigger - Wind Scene ~ Frog's Theme
Chrono Trigger - Secret of the Forest ~ Memories of Green
Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time
Chrono Trigger - World Revolution
Chrono Trigger - Battle against Lavos Core
Chrono Trigger - Bike Chase
Chrono Trigger - To Far Away Times
Chrono Cross - Time's Scar
Heck yes. That is all. :awesome:[/COLLAPSE]

Also, Shortie, if I post a roster, would give me your awesome multi-colored Shortie review? Please??? :awesome:

If yes, would you prefer a conservative roster or a liberal roster?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey Starcat, can you post me a roster to look over? I want to keep my option full for later tonight.

Anyone else I'm game for~

I'm just not finishing Swayne's review.

@Java Post itttt~ I hope no one minds, but I like making lists, so your "Shorts score" gets measured against everyone elses.

In general, I prefer liberal rosters, they're more fun to review. But FOR THE ACTUAL ROSTER, I think conservative IDEALS aren't neccisary, but the more objective choices that come with them are. It's okay to want Krystal, or Dixie AND K. Rool, just, you need to do it correctly. I probably sound crazy right now, but oh well. Just, I like the idea of "Characters having Merit" not "Series have merit" which is usually a liberal view, BUT I like the "hard evidence" reasoning behind conservative additions.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Victini's Moveset Beta Version

Weight Class: Lighter than Pikachu
Speed: Faster than Fox,

Jumps: He can jump a maximum of three times.
Special Trait: Victory Star
Remember Lucario's special trait, that when his dmg rises, his attack dmg increses? With Victini, it's the same thing, except all fire and lightning attacks are boosted. Chart on dmg calculation is the same as Lucario's.

Dodge: (Eyesight is ->)
(LR)> He flies a C turn around the opponent, while he turns to them.
(LR)<: He does a mini backflip, going backwards.
(LR)v: He spins, dodging the attacks. Like Sonic.
(LR) Aerial: He backs his body to the background.
~

(A) Combo:
He'll slash-slap right, then left, then throw a headbutt. DMG %: 3%, then 3%, then 8%.
~

(A) Normal:

(A)>: He claps his hands in front of him, sending a wave of fire. This move hits twice on impact. DMG %: 4%, then 8%.

(A)^: He waves his hands like an arch above him, sending a wave of fire. THis move sends opponents straight up. DMG %: 9%

(A)v: He spits fire at the ground. This move may cause tripping succession. Also, this move is as fast as Ness's (A)v. DMG %: 2%
~
(B) Moveset:

(B) Searing Shot: Victini's V forehead begins to glow, and his fists are clenched. Once charge is complete, Victini has the power to unleash it whenever he wants to. When unleashed on the ground, he'll blow up 1 1/2 character spaces in front of him, behind him, and above him. Now, if done in the sky, Victini halts in the sky, and 1 1/2 Characters spaces all around him will blow. After a 2 second recovery after explosion, Victini can perform action.
DMG: 19%
Charge: Can only be fired once fully charged. Takes 1/2 a second less than Lucario's ASC.
Range: 1 1/2 Character spaces.

(B)^ Fusion Bolt: Victini's body becomes an intense, electric ball. He is then 1.5x faster and can fly like ROB, but legnth wise, his (B)^ move last half 50% of what ROB's time is for flying. If you press (B), he'll drop straight down, crashing into everything in the path. Enemies who touch him take some dmg. It also auto clings to cliffs.
DMG: Counter: 3%. Impact Drop: 24%.
Charge: None, but Victini becomes inactive if Fusion bolt doesn't land thoughout the time he's in this mode.
Range: Anywhere, as long as you have time to get there.

(B)v Fusion Flare: Victini's body becomes cloaked in a fire armor, while he floats in midair as he's executing it. If someone hits him physically, they take dmg and knockback.
DMG: They take as much dmg as their attack would of made to Victini, along with knockback. Awesome Combo Breaker.
Charge: This move works as fast as Fox's (B)v move.
Range: Countering attack

(B)> Zen Headbutt: Victini dashes forward in quick succession. If opponent is near, he'll grab them, then headbutt them forward. Like Lucario's Force Palm, but does fire damage and has different recovery tactics. CANNOT REUSE AS WELL AS LUCARIO!
DMG: Hit without grab: 11%. Hit with Grab: 16%
Charge: Super Fast attack.
Range: When he darts foward, he goes 2 Character spaces foward.
~

Final Smash: V-Create
If an opponent is nearby, he'll dart through them at sonic speed, tossing them into the air, then like Captain Falcon, will go into an awesome movie cut, showing Victini from a distance charging at them, flying, with a flaming V on his forehead. He rips through the opponent, doing exactly 180% dmg (as much as the dmg ratio of the actual move) and do a OHKO. Then Victini lands.
DMG: 180%
Charge: None
Range: He can dart 2 character spaces foward, but if he misses, then he failed the FS. Rips through Super Armor in this sense
~

Taunts:
^: He brings both hands upwards, with V signs, and growls with a cute expression
>: He spins his entire body three times, rising a little bit with a flaming forehead, and then brings a V sign right hand out, bursting the fire into beautiful flame sparks.
v: He smiles mischeifly, with eyes closed, then disappears, but then reappears, with the same look, but opening eyes.
~

Entrace:
He flies straight down from above, and headbutts the gournd, doing a backflip, then landing it, and then gets into battle stance.

Winner's Circle:
Win:
1. He does that little tap-dance his sprite does in Black and White, then brings out a V sign, crying out, "Ti Ti! Victini!"
2. He comes from pure air, after being invisable, then blows his tounge at the screen, then smiles, with challenging eyes.
3. He flies in, lands, than with clenched fists, looks above him like a hero would. Like Yoshi, but he's looking forward.

Loss:
Sitting, he claps his hands, with sad eyes looking down.
~

This is the Beta Version, so comments (no flaming ones) are really appreciated. Please let me know if I forgot something as well. SSBF, I'm talking to you especially.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not interested in doing a roster. Characters simply do not excite me.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll be posting my liberal roster, which means it's a VERY BIASED roster. So there are some personal decisions in here that I included not because they were smart choices, but because I want them.

I wasn't even paying attention to ""Characters with Merit", let alone "Franchises with Merit". I was paying attention to "Who do I, being so selfish and inconsiderate of others, want in SSB4?" :awesome:

Some notes to know before reading:
  1. Ganondorf, Wolf, and Lucas are completely decloned and given new moves for all remaining "clone" moves. Toon Link, Falco, and Dr. Mario are Luigified, but retain some of their clone status.

Actually, I guess that was the only one. :p

And here goes. 52 characters, which might be A BIT BIG, but whatever.

Character Name
- Indicates unlockable character

[COLLAPSE="JavaCroc's Super Liberal Roster"]Super Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Wario
Wario
Orbulon

Yoshi
Yoshi

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Midna & Wolf Link

Metroid
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Mother
Ness
Lucas

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa

Puzzle League
Lip
Dr. Mario

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Lucario
Rescue Team (Victini, Pichu, Gardevoir)

Misc. Modern Franchises
Olimar & Pikmin
Little Mac
Isaac
Starfy
Saki
Ray MK III
Kanan
Jiro

Misc. Retro Franchises
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Sukapon
[/COLLAPSE]

If this roster turned out to be SSB4's final roster, I could just hear the fanboys screaming over the choices. Midna & Wolf Link? Six Pokemon characters and five Zelda characters versus four Mario characters? Dr. Mario and Jiro??????

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Alright, I'll be posting my liberal roster, which means it's a VERY BIASED roster. So there are some personal decisions in here that I included not because they were smart choices, but because I want them.

Some notes to know before reading:
  1. Ganondorf, Wolf, and Lucas are completely decloned and given new moves for all remaining "clone" moves. Toon Link, Falco, and Dr. Mario are Luigified, but retain some of their clone status.

Actually, I guess that was the only one. :p

And here goes. 52 characters, which might be A BIT BIG, but whatever.

Character Name
- Indicates unlockable character

[COLLAPSE="JavaCroc's Super Liberal Roster"]Super Mario
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool

Wario
Wario
Orbulon

Yoshi
Yoshi

Legend of Zelda
Link
Zelda / Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Midna & Wolf Link

Metroid
Samus / Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kirby
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Star Fox
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike
Roy

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Mother
Ness
Lucas

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa

Puzzle League
Lip
Dr. Mario

Pokemon
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Lucario
Rescue Team (Victini, Pichu, Gardevoir)

Misc. Modern Franchises
Olimar & Pikmin
Little Mac
Isaac
Starfy
Saki
Ray MK III
Kanan
Jiro

Misc. Retro Franchises
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch
Sukapon
[/COLLAPSE]

If this roster turned out to be SSB4's final roster, I could just hear the fanboys screaming over the choices. Midna & Wolf Link? Six Pokemon characters and five Zelda characters versus four Mario characters? Dr. Mario and Jiro??????

But I wasn't going for smart choices. I was going for what I personally liked.
I think Dixe shouldn't be playable off the bat. But overall nice job! I think I should try this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom