• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
N66?! I thought you meant N64 lol...

But yeah, I still play it since I recently downloaded through the VC.

I'm also estactic about Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Skyward Sword next month; a huge reason why I won't be as active.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
wonder what people here have thoughts on this:
Keiji Inafune Makes 3DS Exclusive Pirate Game

this is INAFKING's first game as a part of his own company... what Kwing states near the end of the discussion of King of Pirates about wanting comcept/intercept to become a second party to nintendo is what i would want. and if that hypothetical situation comes to pass..... ah, screw it, i'm just sharing this tidbit, lol.

also... sharing this art in my avatar... it's me... again... noo, i'm not that kind of person (yes i am)
OMFG

I saw a picture at IGN but didn't bother reading the article. Thought it was some no one company making a game no one will hear about.

But now that I know it's Infune, I bothered to watch the trailer.

It looks friggin' amazing

Edit: How many pages back was that quote from, LOL

OmegaXXII

Man, that was epic indeed. :grin:

Well, nothing new really, just some discussion about Star looking like a girl because of me (:awesome:), Toise telling me about Super Castlevania 4, Oasis liking Mach Rider, me going in two days not knowing what the "project: October 10" is about. :glare:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am kind of curious if Sakurai will try to reintroduce the general public to a new, "retro" character. He resurrected Ice Climbers and Pit, so I am wondering if that is enough precedent to say that he will do this again? While I have come to doubt there is a pattern; he does seem to enjoy having the occasional surprise.
If it is a "resurrection" on the same level that Pit had I would say that the two most likely candidates would be Mach Rider or Lip. I am personally leaning toward Mach Rider. If Lip was not Japan-only the advantage would go to her. As others have mentioned both Little Mac and Takamaru have both been resurrected and have modern designs for them.

As to Toise saying that there will be a second Wario character, I doubt that is going to happen. However, if it did the two most likely candidates for that are Jimmy T. and Mona. Kat & Ana might also happen if Takamaru or Samurai Goroh are playable characters, and she is added in late in development as a clone of one of the two. Captain Syrup is likely unknown to Sakurai, and is also hurt by Sakurai not have a positive opinion of the Wario Land series (likely thinks of it as a poor man's Super Mario series). However, WarioWare was able to convince Sakurai to finally include Wario, so the second Wario characyer will most likely be from there.

On a sidenote, Shy Guy was recently confirmed as a playable character in Mario Kart 7. He actually WAS a playable character in a previous Mario Kart game (Mario Kart DS). However, he was only playable in single cartridge local wifi, which was incredibly stupid. Many Mario Kart fans are very happy to finally be able to play as him.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Especially if it has online to where you can face friends more often! :awesome:

I logged practically all my hours playing someone. I spent a good number of hours breaking records. For a while I held the Pokémon Trainer (I used Charizard) record for home run contest distance in December of 2008. I was so hyped about it and proud about it, even if it lasted 4 weeks. Someone broke it by a huge distance using my strategy and the previous record-holder's strategy combined. I'm still pretty proud of that accomplishment, because I worked hard for it, and for a while, I was the best. :grin:

Exactly. Because if you don't have good competitive balance, you really don't have good casual balance. And vice versa. Because competitive players like to play casual. Hell, every tournament I went to there was some stupid as hell (but fun as hell) mini-game that rocked mah socks! I've never played so many Ganon dittos in my life! (or played with items as much!) Casuals need competitive balance otherwise the game could be lame. Could you imagine Falcon's Knee doing 87% on any given hit in each smash game, and how the casual gameplay would look like=??? It would be awful!!!

Anyways, I'm hitting the sack ya'll. Have a good night/day/whatever, and stay true.

~His Knightlyness Himself~ ,
-Johnknight1 Watson

P.S. If you don't want Toon Link back in Smash Bros. Wii U, if you don't go out of your way to support Toon Link's appearance in Smash Bros. Wii U, and if you don't pledge your soul to Toon Link being in Smash Bros. Wii U I will MMMMMMMUURRDDEERRRRR YOOUUUU!!!! :) ;) :lick: :glare:
Please stop ****** my thought process with these awesome posts, John.

ur supposed to be talking about brawl not f**king transformers and megaman idiot
... The hell?

Well, let's hope K.Rool gets added to that list as well, it would really help his chances out.

I think he still will get in based on his own merits, but an appearance in Mario Kart 7 certainly wouldn't hurt, either.

OmegaXXII

Metal Overlord The Yamchaman said:
I think he still will get in based on his own merits, but an appearance in Mario Kart 7 certainly wouldn't hurt, either.
Yep, I'm not depending too much on a Mario Kart 7 appearance for K.Rool, I do agree that he has alot to go by considering his merit, but due to him not being in Donkey Kong Returns, it would certaintly help him out in MK7 since relavency would mean he isn't forgotten by Nintendo just yet so Sakurai could be looking at MK7 for content, not necessarly characters but you know what I mean, it just helps K.Rool's case, but yes; K.Rool being a popular with alot of history and demand certain merits him a roster spot, I'm just hoping he'll actually get in, even better if we do get Dixie as well.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please stop ****** my thought process with these awesome posts, John.

... The hell?

I agree with all of this. :laugh:

Anyway I'm guessing he won't get in, although I do believe there is a DKCR track, so you never know.

Also I did start the Codec thread in the Backroom. Have fun.

OmegaXXII

Oh yes, a codec thread should be cool, I'll go ahead and post now.

But yeah, I don't think just a single DKC race track would necessarly help Rool, unless he appeared himself in some form or fashion but yes, if we do get something pertaining to him, his chances just get that much better, even with Dixie around.

OmegaXXII

Well if it's a DKCR track, for all we know we'll get Cranky Kong. :laugh:

Also I just looked for my thread on Gamefaqs and so far it's now all about bashing Sakurai and Captain Falcon. :facepalm:

Also I more or less found a Mach Rider Hate Thread as well. :(
Oh great, now people are gonna start suggesting Cranky Kong as well if he were made playable in MK7, heck Shy Guy just got confirmed. :laugh:

Also, I see you tend to start flaming and such, lots of bashing as well. *looks at Waluigi* :rolleyes:

Also, I will FINALLY post my roster along with explanation today since I have some free time, just to extra days till Monday.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Oh great, now people are gonna start suggesting Cranky Kong as well if he were made playable in MK7, heck Shy Guy just got confirmed. :laugh:

Also, I see you tend to start flaming and such, lots of bashing as well. *looks at Waluigi* :rolleyes:

Also, I will FINALLY post my roster along with explanation today since I have some free time, just to extra days till Monday.

wow shy guys got to be in a mario kart game whats taking so long :p

OmegaXXII

Well anyway....

Wow... Capcom... Lol.

"Hello there fans! We're pleased to announce that Mega Man X is joining UMvC 3!"

1 week later....

*Opens Mega Man X trailer reveal*

*Finds out it's just Zero with the blue alternate costume*

"What... The...."

Capcom: :troll::troll::troll::troll:
Y'know, this would actually be pretty hilarious but dissapointing at the same time, their slogan would be.."you just got massively trolled by Capcom xD!!"

Thino

Smash Master
its the 2nd tweet he posts about his DQ10 invite he must be really hype for it

also what the **** is Nintendo's current fetish with Tanooki?

I understand SMB3 nostalgia but come on , Tanooki Goomba , Tanooki Bob-omb , and Tanooki Bullet Bill AND Tanooki power-up in Mario Kart 7?

we got it Nintendo

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yeah Sakurai seems excited for Dragon Quest X. He might be the only one. lol

What is this about Inafune wanting his company to become a secondary developer for Nintendo? I saw the trailer for his game. It has a cute looking penguin as a pirate, I'm sold. If Inafune could
buy Megaman out of the clutches of that evil Capcom and go with Nintendo... Hehehehe

OmegaXXII

Yeah, if Ifaune could keep Megaman to himself, I would indeed 've more optimistic about his inclusion in Smash 4.

Lol at calling Capcom evil from it's clutches. xD

Yeah Sakurai seems excited for Dragon Quest X. He might be the only one. lol

What is this about Inafune wanting his company to become a secondary developer for Nintendo? I saw the trailer for his game. It has a cute looking penguin as a pirate, I'm sold. If Inafune could
buy Megaman out of the clutches of that evil Capcom and go with Nintendo... Hehehehe
Evil is an understatement, Nick.

Oh and, I'm changing the moves that have something to do with the bombs

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Well for the record, I haven't done any posts on that thread other then bumps and the starting post. Noobs on Gamefaqs just naturally flame themselves. :awesome:

I don't try to get people flamming each other on purpose here. But I will admit it's fun to pit people against each other. :evil:

As for Waluigi, people are still going on about that? I just wanted to show that there was room for 6 Pokemon and 3 KI slots. So it's not my fault you all can't handle your WTF characters. :p

Also it's nice to see you're trying to finish your roster. I'm sure we're all looking forward to it. ;)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
wonder what people here have thoughts on this:
Keiji Inafune Makes 3DS Exclusive Pirate Game

this is INAFKING's first game as a part of his own company... what Kwing states near the end of the discussion of King of Pirates about wanting comcept/intercept to become a second party to nintendo is what i would want. and if that hypothetical situation comes to pass..... ah, screw it, i'm just sharing this tidbit, lol.

also... sharing this art in my avatar... it's me... again... noo, i'm not that kind of person (yes i am)
Maybe. He'd seem like a good fit for the company and the game he is making is even trying to meet what he called "Nintendo Level Quality." It looks like another company has picked up this game, so I guess it wont be first party. Would be nice if it was since it looks like a perfect fit.

Here's my revamped roster 2.0:

Mario universe:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Toad
Bowser Jr.

- Two words: Mario series

Zelda universe:
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Donkey Kong universe:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong
K Rool

- Both are likely.... Even though if I want K Rool more than Dixie

Yoshi universe:
Yoshi

Metroid universe:
Samus/Zero suit
Ridley

Kirby universe:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Star Fox universe:
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Pokemon universe:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Victini
Mewtwo
Pokemon trainer

F - Zero universe:
Captain Falcon

Earthbound universe:
Ness
Lucas

Fire Emblem universe:
Marth
Ike
Chrome

- New FE Lord

Wario universe:
Wario

Pikmin universe:
Olimar

Punch-out universe:
Little Mac

- Sakurai likes his game

Kid Icarus universe:
Pit
Medusa
Paletuna

- Whatever....

Retro/Nintendo universe:
Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
ROB
Takamaru

Paper Mario universe:
Paper Mario

Sin and Punishment:
Saki

Xenoblade universe:
Shulk

3rd parties:
(Mega Man)
(Slime)

- Unsure for now

Newcomers:
Toad
Bowser Jr.
K Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Mewtwo
Victini
Chrome
Medusa
Paletuna
Little Mac
Saki
Takumaru
Shulk

OmegaXXII

Tri-Hyphen (---) said:
Also it's nice to see you're trying to finish your roster. I'm sure we're all looking forward to it
Oh yeah, I'm finishing up my explanations right now, at least you'll know who won't be on there. :p

I actually enjoy ensuing debates for some reason, it sparks discussion which makes it fun, and thanks, I'll try to please everybody. :)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Kwing's words:
Personally, I'm thrilled that this is an exclusive for Nintendo; and i think Nintendo should take this time to make Inafune's studio a second party developer.
this is where i got the idea of a possible 2nd party to Nintendo, it's not actually happening. (well, Inafune doesn't have the idea in his mind yet... i agree that it would be a great move on either side as they would benefit from each other.)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
yeah... not going to happen... in ever. i've got this video i think you should watch... just gotta find it beyond all of these... nhhh... robot parts.... one sec...

OmegaXXII

I dunno, I thought it was just me. :p

Anyway, I found this interesting:

In the chronology of the series, Skyward Sword is a prequel to Ocarina of Time. The incarnation of protagonist Link that appears in the game was born and raised in Skyloft, a group of islands floating above the clouds. Leading an ordinary life there, Link discovers the Skyward Sword one day, which leads him to another, previously unknown land beneath that is ruled by evil forces. Using the sword to travel back and forth between sky and land, the mystery of why the two worlds became separated is gradually revealed to Link. The Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword at some point in the game, and assumes the form of a female figure while giving Link advice. Producer Eiji Aonuma has stated the game's plot to be comparable to a school drama. Unlike in previous series installments, Zelda is not a princess in Skyward Sword, but a childhood friend of Link. Throughout the course of the game, Zelda disappears and Link has to find her. He is opposed on his quest by the Demon Lord Ghirahim, a mysterious and powerful figure who rules the surface world, who wishes to kidnap Zelda for unknown purposes. Skyward Sword connects to the story of Ocarina of Time, and elaborates on the reason for Ganondorf's appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom