• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Cowdung

Smash Rookie
Snake needs to be a Mega Man fan, especially since they are from the same era. That, or make Snake and Mega Man some sort of odd-couple rivals, lol! (kinda like Mario vs. Sonic!)

Otacon: Huh... is that... IT'S HIM!!! MEGAAAAAA MAAAAAAANNNN!!!!!
Snake: Yeah, can you believe he's here?
Otacon: Yeah! I'M HIS BIGGEST FAN! I even have a scamp tattoo of him.
Snake: That's more than I needed to know.
Otacon: Sorry about that Snake. Anyways, he can absorb his opponent's ability once he defeats him.
Snake: I've always wanted to fight him. Mostly to see who could better the other in combat.
Otacon: Well be careful Snake! His Mega Buster is uber powerful, and he stamina that belongs to only those with the heart of a champion.
Snake: Well then I ought to be extra careful.
Otacon: Just... don't get hurt Snake. And if you could... ask him for my autograph.
Snake: NOOO!!!!
*signs off*

Edit: Dang, ya'll disappear quick. This discussion died fast. At this rate we won't reach 50,000 posts on this thread until any trailer or new (semi-huge) tidbit, lol! WE NEED UNSUPPORTED HYPE FOLKS!!!
ur supposed to be talking about brawl not f**king transformers and megaman idiot

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
wonder what people here have thoughts on this:
Keiji Inafune Makes 3DS Exclusive Pirate Game

this is INAFKING's first game as a part of his own company... what Kwing states near the end of the discussion of King of Pirates about wanting comcept/intercept to become a second party to nintendo is what i would want. and if that hypothetical situation comes to pass..... ah, screw it, i'm just sharing this tidbit, lol.

also... sharing this art in my avatar... it's me... again... noo, i'm not that kind of person (yes i am)
HOLD ON Inafune is trying to become a second develope to Nintendo? Or just expressed interest in the idea?

Either way, that's exciting. On all accounts.

@Elite You should learn how to edit your posts, and try not to double post. Unless you like getting in trouble.

Thino

Smash Master
Hmmm, how about no.

Sakurai doesn't balance it for the competitive aspect anyway.
why not @ bolded part?

there are casual people that prefer normal mode
some that prefer stamina mode
some that prefer stock
some that prefer playing time..

the possibilities are endless when playing casually

and I'm conscious that with the way Sakurai has taken , having too many competitive expectations are most likely to end in disappointment, but that's part of the hype

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
yes i do... why? wondering why i don't do logos and stuff? (i can... don't worry)

well, i recently suffered from laptop charger theft so i'd be forced to use the school computers if anything is needed...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
ur supposed to be talking about brawl not f**king transformers and megaman idiot
LOL @ this post by. This is the Smash Wii U thread, and that is clearly a topic that revolves around smash bros Wii U since Mega Man is easily the most desired 3rd party character for smash bros. that hasn't made it yet. Show some respect, geesh.

I don't know where you got the transformers from. Maybe you misread transformations, as in Mega Man's transformations (what I wrote was a joke on Snake's codecs chats).

Seriously though, bring your ego way down, calm your posts way down, think before you post, don't call people names (this ain't grade school), and just be chill, m'kay=???

@ Smash Chu (and Thino too to a lesser extent)
Sakurai has said he felt Melee was the most complete smash game, the most grueling game he ever made, and that the only thing he hated about it was that it had a steep learning curve. He loved how casual-friendly that Brawl was and several new additions, but felt there was room for improvement for a game that wasn't Melee, wasn't Brawl, or wasn't a bland combination of the two.

Sakurai also said he needs help balancing for future smash bros. games based on Brawl's whacky balancing issues, and some of Melee's and smash 64's. This will be the first time Sakurai has had helped balancing smash, aside from maybe Miyamoto's help with smash 64 and Melee.

Trust me, Sakurai loves competitive smashers no less than casual players. Although we probably play the games a lot longer and put in a lot of hours into smash bros. I know I've put in thousands of hours into each game, and I'm sure Sakurai puts many hours making the best possible game for not just casual players, not just competitive players, but for everyone. And you know what? That's how smash bros. should be made!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah, Smash will definetly have competitive aspects, for people to say he doesn't care are being foolish, he obviously is still interested due to him showing interest in it's hitboxes and such.

:phone:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
a thousand hours... mmmm, i remember those days... spending time leveling up (internally levels... i am level 10.) (9 being the level cap for computers... god i wish i were level 11), beating the crap out of cruel wire frames and beating up lv 9 team of Foxes and Falcos.

i cannot wait to drain 10,000 hours in Smash 4's both incarnations consecutively.

HOLD ON Inafune is trying to become a second develope to Nintendo? Or just expressed interest in the idea?
it was Kwing that expessed that it would be a good move to do on inafune's part... that is all.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah, Smash will definetly have competitive aspects, for people to say he doesn't care are being foolish, he obviously is still interested due to him showing interest in it's hitboxes and such.
He kind of has to have an interest in hitboxes. Would be pretty hard to make a fighting game without them.

@Inafunething: So that's where Thino's thing came from. Weirdo.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
yes i do... why? wondering why i don't do logos and stuff? (i can... don't worry)

well, i recently suffered from laptop charger theft so i'd be forced to use the school computers if anything is needed...
Well, it's regarding the alternate costumes discussion: I was wondering if some original ideas were brought up (like a Tetra costume for Sheik/Zelda) you and me could draw them and post them there and maybe here, along with some other people who are good at drawing and stuff. I'd have to rely on MS Paint if I wanted to color, so mine might look crappy esp if you have Paint Tool SAI or something. But yea, would you be interested?

Also that sucks dude :( You could check Newegg if you haven't already, they have a nice inventory for computers (also where I'm gonna get my laptop).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
a thousand hours... mmmm, i remember those days... spending time leveling up (internally levels... i am level 10.) (9 being the level cap for computers... god i wish i were level 11), beating the crap out of cruel wire frames and beating up lv 9 team of Foxes and Falcos.

i cannot wait to drain 10,000 hours in Smash 4's both incarnations consecutively.
Especially if it has online to where you can face friends more often! :awesome:

I logged practically all my hours playing someone. I spent a good number of hours breaking records. For a while I held the Pokémon Trainer (I used Charizard) record for home run contest distance in December of 2008. I was so hyped about it and proud about it, even if it lasted 4 weeks. Someone broke it by a huge distance using my strategy and the previous record-holder's strategy combined. I'm still pretty proud of that accomplishment, because I worked hard for it, and for a while, I was the best. :grin:

Exactly. Because if you don't have good competitive balance, you really don't have good casual balance. And vice versa. Because competitive players like to play casual. Hell, every tournament I went to there was some stupid as hell (but fun as hell) mini-game that rocked mah socks! I've never played so many Ganon dittos in my life! (or played with items as much!) Casuals need competitive balance otherwise the game could be lame. Could you imagine Falcon's Knee doing 87% on any given hit in each smash game, and how the casual gameplay would look like=??? It would be awful!!!

Anyways, I'm hitting the sack ya'll. Have a good night/day/whatever, and stay true.

~His Knightlyness Himself~ ,
-Johnknight1 Watson

P.S. If you don't want Toon Link back in Smash Bros. Wii U, if you don't go out of your way to support Toon Link's appearance in Smash Bros. Wii U, and if you don't pledge your soul to Toon Link being in Smash Bros. Wii U I will MMMMMMMUURRDDEERRRRR YOOUUUU!!!! :) ;) :lick: :glare:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i'm currently doodling some design concepts for my Smash Dimensions Doujin that i might make reality in 2014... lol yay!! love what i did to the mario bros design. no peaking... no scraps... not till next year. ;)

(most likely someone on teh internetz already took that name so it's just a place name)

i kinda already got tired of redesigning the robot masters... and i only got like 30 left... soo close!!! mmMMMMMMPHHH!! only reason why i really want to make a doujin is because i just finished readong all of PPGD and Grim Tales by Bleedman (as in to the current comic)... frikkin awesome story and art direction.

Troll move by Capcom
Sad........ But funny.... To be honest.

Although, I like Mega Man. I can't believe capcom went this far. Lol.

"Hi! I'm Mega Man with a sword and a zero buster. Oh wait.... I'm Zero. ......."

Oh well

Thino

Smash Master
@ Smash Chu (and Thino too to a lesser extent)
Sakurai has said he felt Melee was the most complete smash game, the most grueling game he ever made, and that the only thing he hated about it was that it had a steep learning curve. He loved how casual-friendly that Brawl was and several new additions, but felt there was room for improvement for a game that wasn't Melee, wasn't Brawl, or wasn't a bland combination of the two.

Sakurai also said he needs help balancing for future smash bros. games based on Brawl's whacky balancing issues, and some of Melee's and smash 64's. This will be the first time Sakurai has had helped balancing smash, aside from maybe Miyamoto's help with smash 64 and Melee.

Trust me, Sakurai loves competitive smashers no less than casual players. Although we probably play the games a lot longer and put in a lot of hours into smash bros. I know I've put in thousands of hours into each game, and I'm sure Sakurai puts many hours making the best possible game for not just casual players, not just competitive players, but for everyone. And you know what? That's how smash bros. should be made!
well if this is truly what he wants , let's hope he gets the help he needs for this installment
@Inafunething: So that's where Thino's thing came from. Weirdo.
you can thank Inafune for unleashing my inner furry

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@augusto
Wait, what? Soo....no?
Also, cool story bro :) lol no really that's awesome (are doujins the same as mangas?)
I have a bunch of concepts for some original characters made by possibly for videos or if I decide to go that far: a game. They all have pretty generic stories, but I think I may be able to get more creative over time :p

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@augusto
Wait, what? Soo....no?
(are doujins the same as mangas?)
actually, yea, i would. i just have my robot masters to complete... of which i have stated before that i will be finished with it before i turn 21... (near the end of January). The robot masters was my first self project, the fact that i complete them shows my ability of completion (it's an Achievement worth 100 Gus Tokens (*warning, Gus Tokens are not exchangeable with Toise Tokens.))

My Second Project will be completely about anything Smash Bros related; including but not limited to, my own comic in a similar fashion to bleedman's comics (he is now in my favorite artists line allong with Genzoman, REIQ, elsevilla, etc.), various Nintendo art, Character Selection Screen Customs, alt costumes not already on the net.

In Japan the term is used to refer to amateur self-published works (Dōjinshi), including but not limited to manga, novels, fan guides, art collections, music and video games. Some professional artists participate as a way to publish material outside the regular publishing industry.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
my icon is me... if you're referring to a previous icon i had, yes... i drew myself as an organization xiii member and had it as an icon as well...

OmegaXXII

I like that art of your august.

Also, I found this funny.

Also, I do not get how m2k or other players can commit to both brawl and melee and smash64 equally. Going back and forth between all of the games gets confusing as hell at times. Trying to hug the ledge in melee or attempting wavedashing in brawl or my favorite, grabbing with the wrong button because you use different controls in brawl that is not default.

my icon is me... if you're referring to a previous icon i had, yes... i drew myself as an organization xiii member and had it as an icon as well...
Well anyway....

Wow... Capcom... Lol.

"Hello there fans! We're pleased to announce that Mega Man X is joining UMvC 3!"

1 week later....

*Opens Mega Man X trailer reveal*

*Finds out it's just Zero with the blue alternate costume*

"What... The...."

Capcom: :troll::troll::troll::troll:

Thino

Smash Master
@Omega

I had this problem when switching from 66 to Melee back and forth

it was especially funny with Fox since in 64 you shinecancel the jump , and in Melee you jumpcancel the Shine

lulz were had

I don't play melee and 64 that much.

I only play brawl now but not that much anymore since I'm hyped for the next game (Even though it hasn't started).

OmegaXXII

I have no problem switching between all 3 games, at first it was ackward but then I got used to playing all 3 simuteneously.

I don't have any trouble switching to any of the 3 games.

Still, I don't play melee or 64 anymore. Well, I play them sparingly but I spend most of my time on Smash bros. brawl compared to the other 2.

I don't have my N64 console anymore.... I'm forced to use the emulator (Which sucks). I can still play melee on the wii or gamecube

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
actually, yea, i would. i just have my robot masters to complete... of which i have stated before that i will be finished with it before i turn 21... (near the end of January). The robot masters was my first self project, the fact that i complete them shows my ability of completion (it's an Achievement worth 100 Gus Tokens (*warning, Gus Tokens are not exchangeable with Toise Tokens.))

My Second Project will be completely about anything Smash Bros related; including but not limited to, my own comic in a similar fashion to bleedman's comics (he is now in my favorite artists line allong with Genzoman, REIQ, elsevilla, etc.), various Nintendo art, Character Selection Screen Customs, alt costumes not already on the net.

In Japan the term is used to refer to amateur self-published works (Dōjinshi), including but not limited to manga, novels, fan guides, art collections, music and video games. Some professional artists participate as a way to publish material outside the regular publishing industry.
Ah okay cool. It's not really a project I'm bringing up tho, just something to add when making up an alt or palette swap.
Thanks for the clarification, if I decide to stay committed to SWF this time around I'll look forward to seeing your work :)

@Berserker
Wasn't that much camping, just towards the end. I just hate when I go online and all I play against is PLASMA BEAM PLASMA BEAM PLASMA BEAM DESTROY DESTROY etc
btw did Deadpool have different dialogue or something? I swear he says "pineapple surprise" and something else for Trigger Happy....

@Thino
The commentators sound funny....and screamed a lot lol I guess I would too if I was watching/playing UMvC3 at a convention

@Omega
Who was having trouble switching? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom