• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantrip

Kantplay
The past stages just need to look sharper, they don't actually need to change except for being crisper and sharper.

Donkey Kong franchise needs better stages. There were such good options too....

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
do you think there will be past stages for all games? i want mushroom kingdom from 64, temple from melee, halberd from brawl. and sprinkles of any other stages.......

Questions to answer:
would you like it if they remodeled the past stages with high quality graphics like the current generation stages?
if there were past stages Brawl, do you believe all songs of the respective stage will return?
Hell yeah there should be!

Especially since this may very well be the last Smash game and DLC seems to be in the mix now.

Poke Floats, Saffron City, Sector Z and Fourside. I'd kill to have those stages back. :urg:

64 and Melee stages have to be remade lol you know how strange it would look to have PS3-quality character models on levels with GCN/64-quality graphics?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
so, you want the polygons? not sure what you mean by sharper/crispier.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How many Melee stages came back to represent a franchise solely?
Ahh, but see there is a difference this time. Unlike the transition from Melee to Brawl some franchises have not seen a new title. F-Zero, Yoshi, Ice Climbers and Game and Watch have not had new titles in the interim between Brawl and this upcoming game. While I believe F-Zero may still see a new stage, the others likely will not. All three have good stages that are not under the scrutiny that caused Ice Climbers and Game and Watch to have their Melee stages removed in Brawl.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Donkey Kong had crappy Jungle beat games and whatnot, so that's not it. Although I guess Dixie WAS planned at one point.
Perhaps. But the Kirby games had a bit more quality. I still go with my "his series" idea, then.

As for remade stages? Sounds good to me. Graphical updates are fine, but that should be it. Everything should be the same.

I want ALL past stages to come back, even the ones that are very difficult to play on(Mario Bros, 75m...).

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
All I want is the classic Meta Stage and Princess Peach's skycastle from SSB64, all in gloryfying HD.

Sorry, I had to say it.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ahh, but see there is a difference this time. Unlike the transition from Melee to Brawl some franchises have not seen a new title. F-Zero, Yoshi, Ice Climbers and Game and Watch have not had new titles in the interim between Brawl and this upcoming game. While I believe F-Zero may still see a new stage, the others likely will not. All three have good stages that are not under the scrutiny that caused Ice Climbers and Game and Watch to have their Melee stages removed in Brawl.
Fine by me. I love Yoshi's Island and Icicle mountain. I never liked Flat Zone, and I don't think most do anyways, so no point in revamping. I hope we get a new F-Zero stage, I feel like Falcon's level's declined from Melee to Brawl. I also think level screen organization NEEDS to be fixed. Screw having "New levels" and "Brawl levels" Put the four Mario levels next to each other, the three LoZ in a clump, and so on and so fourth. I prefered Melee's level menu much more than Brawl's.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Want the quick version?

- Betting my marriage on at least one DK character, but I'm expecting both Dixie and K. Rool
- Betting... I don't know, $50? Yeah, $50 on a new Wario character, leaning towards Mona
- Betting a solid $250 on no new Yoshi characters
Works for me. Thanks.

Omaha Steaks??

Man, that a good theme, such shame there is little to nothing about him.

Also, I have decided to transfer my group to SSBFan.

With that said, I will depart and give my farewells to everyone, thank you for giving me so many laughs, I will miss you all, with that said good luck to you all, and don't be salty lol..

Farewell. ;)

-Omega
See ya. ;)

Fine by me. I love Yoshi's Island and Icicle mountain. I never liked Flat Zone, and I don't think most do anyways, so no point in revamping. I hope we get a new F-Zero stage, I feel like Falcon's level's declined from Melee to Brawl. I also think level screen organization NEEDS to be fixed. Screw having "New levels" and "Brawl levels" Put the four Mario levels next to each other, the three LoZ in a clump, and so on and so fourth. I prefered Melee's level menu much more than Brawl's.
Completely agreed. Melee's organization of stages looked more interesting and actually felt more organized for some reason than Brawl's stage selection.

Yoshi's Island was a good stage in Brawl, but I feel that if F-Zero can get a new stage, than Yoshi can too, even if F-Zero gets a new rep and Yoshi doesn't. May have to do with my SMW2: Yoshi's Island bias though. :3

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
By popular request here's mine:

Otacon: Snake that's! Buzzzzzz......
Snake: Otacon! Otacon? What's going on?
Mewtwo: ... Snake, I can fully conprehend your current state of mind. For a long time, I too have been trying to find the very same answer.
Snake: Wait! You're...
Mewtwo: Indeed. I am Mewtwo. We have a lot in common you and I.
Snake: ...
Mewtwo: Right now I feel privileged to fight someone like myself. Don't disappoint me...
Otacon: Buzzzz. Watch out Snake, It's!
Snake: I already know. Snake out.
Otacon: Snake wait! Snake? What just happened!?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Mewtwo: ... Snake, I can fully conprehend your current state of mind. For a long time, I too have been trying to find the very same answer.
Mewtwo: Right now I feel privileged to fight someone like myself. Don't disappoint me...
That was a-maze-ing. *hands you a cookie* Seriously, it fits all too well.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sooo cooooool~

...The Mach Rider codec must make reference to the Shagohad battle. Yehs.

...I can't think of a good one for Ridley though. Not sure what exactly he parallels in the MGS universe. "SNAKE. THAT'S A SPACE DRAGON. WATCH OUT" would just be lame, y'know?

Kantrip

Kantplay

This is how you do it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
...I can't think of a good one for Ridley though. Not sure what exactly he parallels in the MGS universe. "SNAKE. THAT'S A SPACE DRAGON. WATCH OUT" would just be lame, y'know?
Snake: Who is this guy?
Ladygirl: WATCH OUT SNAKE! HE KNOWS PIGMA.
END.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oasis, for Ridley, I imagine Snake would probably just make fun of the Space Pirates' name and whatnot, like how he made fun of Wolf's name.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For Ridley I was was thinking of comparing him to a Metal Gear as a reference to Meta Ridley. And or making fun of him for being a "Space" Pirate. :p

Anyway it would seem that my work here for now is done. :cool:

Later.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Snake: Otacon, where is that large shadow coming from?
Otacon: Oh, that is just Ridley. He is too large to appear on stage, so you don't have to worry about him.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
In Melee the following franchises had 2 or more stages (excluding past stages):
Mario (4)
Donkey Kong (2)
Legend of Zelda (2)
Metroid (2)
Yoshi (2)
Kirby (2)
Star Fox (2)
Pokémon (2)
F-Zero (2)
Earth Bound (2)

In Brawl the following franchises had 2 or more stages (again, past stages excluded):
Mario (4)
Donkey Kong (2)
Zelda (2)
Metroid (2)
Pokémon (2)

In Brawl we saw more franchises get 1 stage, we saw more franchises (including 3 without character representation; the DS/Nintendo franchise, Hanebow, and Animal Crossing) getting stages, but we also saw less stages with one stage. I think in SSB Wii U we will see more of what happened in Melee, but I also wouldn't put it past Sakurai to include up (along with 4 or more new Mario stages) to 3 new Zelda, Pokémon, and possibly even Donkey Kong stages.

Overall, this is my 2 or more stage predictions for Smash Wii U (again, past stages excluded):
Mario: 5; I see a Princess Peach stage happening, Bowser's Castle, a new Luigi's Mansion, and 2 Mario stages (Metal Mario Stage from Smash 64... PLEASE!).
Donkey Kong: 2; possibly one from DKC1 or 2, and probably one from DKC Returns
Zelda: 3; 1 from one of the 2 new handheld Zeldas, 1 retro, and 1 from Skyward Sword
Metroid: 2; probably one or both are from the Metroid Prime Trilogy and maybe something from Other M
Kirby: 2; one from Epic Yarn, and another classic Kirby stage; King Dedede's ring?
Pokémon: 3 or 4; A new Pokémon Stadium, a Kanto location, the Elite Four area from Black/White, and something from Kanto or Hoenn.
Fire Emblem: 2; really we have had 1 unspecific stage. We really need specific Fire Emblem locations!
Metal Gear: 2; Kojima will probably make one, Sakurai another. My guess is something from MGS3 or 4.
Sonic the Hedgehog: 2; because we all want to see mroe Sonicz! Angel Island and Emerald Hill Zone ougtha do.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Star: >8OOO

I dunno, I was thinking THE COLONEL could go on about his past with Samus. THE EFFECTS OF WAR? I'UNNO.

Maybe I just want Ridley taken seriously. u3u

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
For Ridley I was was thinking of comparing him to a Metal Gear as a reference to Meta Ridley. And or making fun of him for being a "Space" Pirate. :p

Anyway it would seem that my work here for now is done. :cool:

Later.
That Mewtwo picture reminds me too much of the Lion King sunset.

Hmm... Mewtwo telepathically leaving Rafiki in mid-air as the "offering" instead of Simba... I like it.

Snake: Otacon, where is that large shadow coming from?
Otacon: Oh, that is just Ridley. He is too large to appear on stage, so you don't have to worry about him.
LOLOL.

Mario (4)
Donkey Kong (2)
Legend of Zelda (2)
Metroid (2)
Yoshi (2)
Kirby (2)
Star Fox (2)
Pokémon (2)
F-Zero (2)
Earth Bound (2)

In Brawl the following franchises had 2 or more stages (again, past stages excluded):
Mario (4)
Donkey Kong (2)
Zelda (2)
Metroid (2)
Pokémon (2)

In Brawl we saw more franchises get 1 stage, we saw more franchises (including 3 without character representation; the DS/Nintendo franchise, Hanebow, and Animal Crossing) getting stages, but we also saw less stages with one stage. I think in SSB Wii U we will see more of what happened in Melee, but I also wouldn't put it past Sakurai to include up (along with 4 or more new Mario stages) to 3 new Zelda, Pokémon, and possibly even Donkey Kong stages.

Overall, this is my 2 or more stage predictions for Smash Wii U (again, past stages excluded):
Mario: 5; I see a Princess Peach stage happening, Bowser's Castle, a new Luigi's Mansion, and 2 Mario stages (Metal Mario Stage from Smash 64... PLEASE!).
Zelda: 3; 1 from one of the 2 new handheld Zeldas, 1 retro, and 1 from Skyward Sword
Metroid: 2; probably one or both are from the Metroid Prime Trilogy and maybe something from Other M
Kirby: 2; one from Epic Yarn, and another classic Kirby stage; King Dedede's ring?
Pokémon: 3 or 4; A new Pokémon Stadium, a Kanto location, the Elite Four area from Black/White, and something from Kanto or Hoenn.
Fire Emblem: 2; really we have had 1 unspecific stage. We really need specific Fire Emblem locations!
Metal Gear: 2; Kojima will probably make one, Sakurai another. My guess is something from MGS3 or 4.
Sonic the Hedgehog: 2; because we all want to see mroe Sonicz! Angel Island and Emerald Hill Zone ougtha do.
I predict the following franchises to have more than one new stage:

Mario (5)
Donkey Kong (2)
Legend of Zelda (2)
Metroid (2)
Kirby (2)
Fire Emblem (2)
Pokemon (2-3)

I think they'll additionally use a large amount of past stages from all three games to buff up some of these franchises as well as the others too in stage numbers.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Mario (4)
Donkey Kong (2)
Legend of Zelda (2)
Metroid (2)
Yoshi (2)
Kirby (2)
Star Fox (2)
Pokémon (2)
F-Zero (2)
Earth Bound (2)

Mario (4)
Donkey Kong (2)
Zelda (2)
Metroid (2)
Pokémon (2)

Mario: 5; I see a Princess Peach stage happening, Bowser's Castle, a new Luigi's Mansion, and 2 Mario stages.

Mario:
Starship Mario
New Super Mario Land
Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road
Luigi's Greater Mansion

Donkey Kong:
Sunset Shores
The Flying Kroc

Legend of Zelda:
Skyloft
Hyrule Castle

Metroid:
Skytown Elysia
Geothermal Power Plant

Pokémon:
N's Castle
Tin Tower

Kirby:
Fountain Gardens
Cookie Country

Earthbound:
Saturn Valley

Fire Emblem:
Akaneia/Dragon's Altar

F-Zero:
Red Canyon

Pikmin:
New Planet

Kid Icarus:
Underworld

Fits rather nicely with my selections.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For the most part this is my stage list prediction:

Super Smash Bros:
Final Destination
Battlefield

Mario:
Starship Mario
New Super Mario Land
Bowser's Castle
Rainbow Road
Luigi's Greater Mansion
Mushroomy Kingdom*

Paper Mario:
The Stage

Yoshi:
Yoshi's Island*

Wario:
Diamond City
WarioWare*

Donkey Kong:
Sunset Shores
The Flying Kroc
75m*

Legend of Zelda:
Skyloft
Hyrule Castle
Pirate Ship*

Metroid:
Skytown Elysia
Geothermal Power Plant
Norfair*

Pokémon:
N's Castle
Tin Tower
Pokémon Stadium 2*

Kirby:
Fountain Gardens
Cookie Country
The Halberd*

Star Fox:
Sector Z
Lylat Cruise*

Fire Emblem:
Akaneia/Dragon's Altar
Castle Siege*

F-Zero:
Red Canyon
Port Town: Aero Dive*

Kid Icarus:
Underworld
Skyworld*

Earthbound:
Saturn Valley

Pikmin:
New Planet

Ice Climbers:
The Summit*

Game and Watch:
Flat Zone 2*

Animal Crossing:
New Smashville
Smashville*

Wii/Pilotwings:
WuHu Island

Sin and Punishment:
Ruinous City

Custom Robo:
Cyber Holloseum

Golden Sun:
Venus Lighthouse

Famicom Wars:
Orange Star Headquarters

Legendary Starfy:
Gluglug Lagoon

Xenoblade:
Gaur Plains

Nintendo:
Nintendo [consoles and such]
Pictochat*

Think it is time for some sleep...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
+Hector's Laboratory (R.O.B.)
+Murasame Castle (Takamaru)

+I know you forgot a few, that and also I'm still working on a few of my own concepts. ;)

Yay! Dragon's Altar! :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I will admit a couple could easily go the other way.

The Flying Kroc - Gangplank Galleon
Tin Tower - Pokémon Stadium 3
Skytown Elysia - Phaaze

Also, I added your title Tri-Hyphen as it has the best sound versus simply listing it as Akaneia. Remember, these are my predictions. It just so happen that my concepts and predictions are, mostly, one and the same. Which is why I'm extremely selective with my stage concepts.

OmegaXXII

Lol...I like this codec conversation, it seems both Mewtwo and Snake know each pretty well and are equal in strength, nice.

How about one between Megaman and Sonic?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ridley isn't allowed to be taken seriously.

I'm sorry, but I just fear the worst for him. Although with Twitter around now, Sakurai is probably getting daily beatings of RIDLEY OMG. Similar to how I was giving him LOL DEOXYZ everyday during "Hoenn Rising". Tin Tower is for chumps. Burnt Tower is where it's at. Or the Elite for. OR, Goldenrod city. (Think a revamp of Saffron City N64). OR, if Sakurai likes pasta of the creepster sort, Lavender Town's Pokemon Tower would be nice.

Sonic: YOU'RE TOO REQUESTED!
Megaman: YOUR FANS SUCK!

Or it could be the other way around, really. ;D

Pokémon Stadium 3
I want it Battle Revolution themed.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also, I added your title Tri-Hyphen as it has the best sound versus simply listing it as Akaneia. Remember, these are my predictions. It just so happen that my concepts and predictions are, mostly, one and the same. Which is why I'm extremely selective with my stage concepts.
Thank you and I understand. Although if Takamaru does get in, Murasame Castle is almost shoe in. ;)

Also Dragon's Altar is a major location in FE3, as it serves as the location for pretty much 3 different levels. That and we still don't know if Castle Siege was originally Akaneia from Melee. But I will say this that being in the E3 06 Trailer says a lot about it's development and planning.

Lol...I like this codec conversation, it seems both Mewtwo and Snake know each pretty well and are equal in strength, nice.

That's not what the codec was refering to FYI. They're both clones, both created to be the best at what they do, have a small family hertage, and both have dark pasts (they're also both bad ***). :cool:

Also if you're asking for me to do those, maybe. MM would be easy to do due to Snake Man (MM3) though.

At this point maybe it'd be fun to start a codec thread in the backroom. :)

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Codecs?

Hmm...

Snake: So that's what Samus wears when she's not on a mission...
Mei Ling: Uh... That's not Samus
Snake: Then who is she?
Mei Ling: Alexandra Roivas
Snake: Alexandra Roivas? She looks and sounds just like Samus...
Mei Ling: Perhaps she's Samus's ancestor?
Snake: hmm...
Paul Luther: I thought I told you to turn the game console off!
Snake: This isn't... really... happening!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Snake needs to be a Mega Man fan, especially since they are from the same era. That, or make Snake and Mega Man some sort of odd-couple rivals, lol! (kinda like Mario vs. Sonic!)

Otacon: Huh... is that... IT'S HIM!!! MEGAAAAAA MAAAAAAANNNN!!!!!
Snake: Yeah, can you believe he's here?
Otacon: Yeah! I'M HIS BIGGEST FAN! I even have a scamp tattoo of him.
Snake: That's more than I needed to know.
Otacon: Sorry about that Snake. Anyways, he can absorb his opponent's ability once he defeats him.
Snake: I've always wanted to fight him. Mostly to see who could better the other in combat.
Otacon: Well be careful Snake! His Mega Buster is uber powerful, and he stamina that belongs to only those with the heart of a champion.
Snake: Well then I ought to be extra careful.
Otacon: Just... don't get hurt Snake. And if you could... ask him for my autograph.
Snake: NOOO!!!!
*signs off*

Edit: Dang, ya'll disappear quick. This discussion died fast. At this rate we won't reach 50,000 posts on this thread until any trailer or new (semi-huge) tidbit, lol! WE NEED UNSUPPORTED HYPE FOLKS!!!

OmegaXXII

^^Haha, I like that Megaman codec conversation, yes indeed. :grin:

Yes, a thread over this would be a magnificent idea. :)

Update - Okay, I decided I will stick around for this weekend only since I need to decide on who I will choose for the BRoom, since it's the weekend, I won't be busy until Monday actually comes next week so Sunday October 9 is it, and bam, I dissapear into the shadows.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
wonder what people here have thoughts on this:
Keiji Inafune Makes 3DS Exclusive Pirate Game

this is INAFKING's first game as a part of his own company... what Kwing states near the end of the discussion of King of Pirates about wanting comcept/intercept to become a second party to nintendo is what i would want. and if that hypothetical situation comes to pass..... ah, screw it, i'm just sharing this tidbit, lol.

also... sharing this art in my avatar... it's me... again... noo, i'm not that kind of person (yes i am)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom