• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What musical composers/artists would you like to hear produce music for the next Smash Bros.?
That is easy, Super Sweep. Shinji Hosoe, Yosuke Yasui, and Ayako Saso.

Well, you can suggest anyone really, although I suppose the emphasis is on video game composers.

I personally would like the works of Jeremy Soule, Simon W. Autenrieth, and Lukas Deuschel for the next game. All three composers have done fantastic work in their respective games or, in the case of Autenrieth and Lukas, mods for games.

Examples of great Jeremy Soule pieces include Festival of Lyss from Guild Wars: Nightfall and the theme of the upcoming Skyrim, among many others.

As for Autenrieth and Lukas arrangements, there's Autenrieth's fantastic, atmospheric Flowstone Cave and peaceful Fold Valley, and Lukas provides the interesting generically-named Battle Theme - a unique song that transitions between orchestra and heavy guitar. Lukas also made the equally awesome Arantheal battle song, the inspiring Northrealm theme and Nehrim anthem. Both of the works of these composers come from the soundtrack of Nehrim: At Fate's Edge - an awesome mode made for Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Since these songs usually aren't on Youtube due to the mod's general obscurity, they can mostly only be found in the download links provided on this page on the official Nehrim site.
Jeremy Soule also worked on this masterpiece of an OST.

Secret of Evermore - Mini Boss Battle
Secret of Evermore - Greek Temple
Secret of Evermore - Pyramid
Secret of Evermore - Ivor Tower
Secret of Evermore - Dark Castle
Secret of Evermore - Final Boss Battle

did snake ever use a metal gear? (honestly asking)
Yes. MGS4.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
omega...... how much power does premium give you?

EDIT: Damn! gotta get next gen consoles..... X(

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
They should really make Snake in Smash 4 Old Snake if/when he comes back...
Think so? I thought the design they chose for Brawl was pretty good. The unusual outfit sort of help him not feel so "REAL" I guess?

Wouldn't mind if we got Old Snake, though. ACTUALLY, why not all of his incarnations with the GLORY OF ALTERNATE COSTUMES. :awesome:

MAN. I want those. u3u

AND YEP. Snakes uses REX once.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yes Oasis, I listened to your music selections. I could not comment on them because I already have plans for those tracks.

OMEGA!!! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY PROFILE!?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
That is easy, Super Sweep. Shinji Hosoe, Yosuke Yasui, and Ayako Saso.

Jeremy Soule also worked on this masterpiece of an OST.

Secret of Evermore - Mini Boss Battle
Secret of Evermore - Greek Temple
Secret of Evermore - Pyramid
Secret of Evermore - Ivor Tower
Secret of Evermore - Dark Castle
Secret of Evermore - Final Boss Battle
Aah, the first game Soule ever produced a soundtrack for. Very good. :)

I'll need to to try those other composers you've named too, although I'm sure I'll recognize at least one song from each of them.

And I just noticed what Omega apparently did to your font color and user name. :laugh:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Meh... I guess I'm unique now. Now I have to change my avatar and font color.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@ToiseOfChioce: Always been intrigued by the music and have seen some game play footages and it looks like a good series, but I haven't really gotten the motivation to download Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. Do you think that's a good start?
You get 500 Toise Tokens for taking up the mighty quest of the Belmont Clan!

Rondo's good, lots of content and the difficulty's comparable to a Mega Man game. I like Dracula's Curse better though, and obviously we're just talking VC games. You really can't go wrong with anything other than Simon's Quest, so it's pretty much a matter of difficulty and price-to-content ratio.

@Shorts/SSBFSBSBFBS: You guys know my 500 point offer still stands, right?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Think so? I thought the design they chose for Brawl was pretty good. The unusual outfit sort of help him not feel so "REAL" I guess?

Wouldn't mind if we got Old Snake, though. ACTUALLY, why not all of his incarnations with the GLORY OF ALTERNATE COSTUMES. :awesome:

MAN. I want those. u3u

AND YEP. Snakes uses REX once.
Yeah, I liked the Brawl version a lot, as well and wouldn't mind if it comes back.

But I really would like to see the Old Snake incarnation in Smash.

Would make for an interesting twist, I think. plus, I love old people in fighting games, anyway. :cool:

Also, the Snake codecs with Old Snake would be pretty funny, as well.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh, y'know what? I LOVE the Snake codec things. If Snake doesn't return, D'YOU THINK we can get Pit praying to Palutena or something to fill the void?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I feel weird taking money from Doc Luis. Only candy. Oh, and star, you're beautiful PINK UFO head. I'm no longer the prettiest cat on the block.... D:

WHICH CASTLEVANIA SHOULD I BUY TOISE!?

Difficulty doesn't matter, story DOES.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No, Toise is just trying to lure kiddies into his house by promising them goodies if they will play along with his game.

When I get the opportunity I will be doing a play through of Castlevania. Wanted to try Rebirth, but I only had 600 points at the time. It is no big deal though.

I feel weird taking money from Doc Luis. Only candy. Oh, and star, you're beautiful PINK UFO head. I'm no longer the prettiest cat on the block.... D:
Pretty would be if I posted a real picture of me. lol

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh, y'know what? I LOVE the Snake codec things. If Snake doesn't return, D'YOU THINK we can get Pit praying to Palutena or something to fill the void?
You mean like the Star Fox conservations? I could definitely see that. Uprising is basically Star Fox with angels and whatnot, anyway. :laugh:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Maybe Samus can scan her opponents with her visor?

Morphology: Yoshi

Green, bipedal dinosaur capable of consuming enemies with it's long tongue and excreting them as eggs.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You mean like the Star Fox conservations? I could definitely see that. Uprising is basically Star Fox with angels and whatnot, anyway. :laugh:
Palutena: "Do a Barrel Roll Pit!" :awesome:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202

Green, bipedal dinosaur capable of consuming enemies with it's long tongue and excreting them as eggs.
yes!! i want!!!

more Easter eggs!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
More like the codec conversations. Each character gets their own. I guess if Palutena is playable, then it would go something like "Pit! I'm right here! Get off your knees and fight! You know better than to leave yourself open like that in a battle."

You know "Dark Pit" would get his own...:awesome:

@Java: Samus doing that would be COOL. If she does it to Ridley, she turns into a little baby and starts crying.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pretty would be if I posted a real picture of me. lol
I feel if we go any further with this it will end in a two week long Diva fashion show where we have seventeen of the world's top deisners and whannot critique our designs, and say who is, once and for all SWF's Prettiest Poster. Tyra Banks would host and Bravo! would aire a three month showing of the series.

We don't have time for that.

OmegaXXII

No, Toise is just trying to lure kiddies into his house by promising them goodies if they will play along with his game.

When I get the opportunity I will be doing a play through of Castlevania. Wanted to try Rebirth, but I only had 600 points at the time. It is no big deal though.
Haha, glad I didn't fall for it then, if they have the SNES version of Castlevania 4 I would be willing to try it indeed.

At least some music would be nice seeing as Konami will probably have association due to Snake anyway...or a Simon Belmont AT would be splendid.

:phone:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Shorts: If you REALLY don't care about difficulty but you want story, go with either Dracula's Curse (NES, four characters [two at a time], the "original" storyline-wise) or Rondo of Blood (16-bit, two characters, maidens to rescue, anime cutscenes).

@Omaha Steaks: Super Castlevania IV was one of the first VC games up, son!

I remember there was something about Smash Bros. I actually wanted to talk about, but between Castlevania and the Bruins loss tonight I can't recall what.

OmegaXXII

Wow, that sounds like a terrific idea, I've always enjoyed Snake codec conversations and Fox's to a lesser extent.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hopefully you will recollect what it was you forgot. I'm sure it was fascinating whatever it may have been.

@Shortie: I would so totally win bff.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
More like the codec conversations. Each character gets their own. I guess if Palutena is playable, then it would go something like "Pit! I'm right here! Get off your knees and fight! You know better than to leave yourself open like that in a battle."

You know "Dark Pit" would get his own...:awesome:
Ah, I see. So, they'd mostly be Palutena giving advice to Pit on all the kombatants? Only from a different sort of perspective than the more "tactical", "realistic" approach of the Snake codecs.

@Java: Samus doing that would be COOL. If she does it to Ridley, she turns into a little baby and starts crying.
Indeed it would be lol.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I remember there was something about Smash Bros. I actually wanted to talk about, but between Castlevania and the Bruins loss tonight I can't recall what.
Well, hopefully you can remember the subject.

Nevertheless, I heard from Shortie that you have some interest in Mona or Captain Syrup for a Wario character so my question is: you don't expect new reps for the main Mario series, but will we see any changes in the rosters for Donkey Kong, Wario, and/or Yoshi?

BTW, I found out the Brawl player stereotype of Luigi players is that they are goofy and like the 80's. Go figure.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am kind of curious if Sakurai will try to reintroduce the general public to a new, "retro" character. He resurrected Ice Climbers and Pit, so I am wondering if that is enough precedent to say that he will do this again? While I have come to doubt there is a pattern; he does seem to enjoy having the occasional surprise.

D

Deleted member

I am kind of curious if Sakurai will try to reintroduce the general public to a new, "retro" character. He resurrected Ice Climbers and Pit, so I am wondering if that is enough precedent to say that he will do this again? While I have come to doubt there is a pattern; he does seem to enjoy having the occasional surprise.
I don't think Ice Climbers was revived.

That said, I think if he's looking for a series to revive, Takamaru or Mach Rider would be his best bets. Having Lip in would also make her likely to return to the Panel De Pon series.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
True, it still counts as representation even though it is not the same as being playable.

OmegaXXII

Super Castlevania 4? Oh..I am definetly not going to be bored then. :bee:

I support anything Mach Rider, any cool themes he has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom