• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Lip, Sukapon or Mach Rider would be my bets.

Takamaru has already been/sort of revived.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Unfortunately there is not much music for Mach Rider outside of the song highlighted in Melee and Brawl. I've been working on a Mach Rider stage concept, but it is difficult to come up with something that does not borderline into Red Canyon territory.

I don't think Star was talking about the series themselves, just the characters.

He was asking if there could be another new retro character to reintroduce in Smash 4 to the casuals that they would never know about otherwise.
Bingo! For displaying adequate reading comprehension you are now my favorite poster of the night.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't think Ice Climbers was revived.

That said, I think if he's looking for a series to revive, Takamaru or Mach Rider would be his best bets. Having Lip in would also make her likely to return to the Panel De Pon series.
I don't think Star was talking about the series themselves, just the characters.

He was asking if there could be another new retro character to reintroduce in Smash 4 to the casuals that they would never know about otherwise.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Need any help, Star? :troll:
If you have any ideas I am more than glad to hear them. All I have at the moment are the musical tracks.

I just learned about antecedent errors today... So why am I still doing it?

Fobmescs

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo should be in Super Smash Bros. 4. I played Super Smash Bros. Melee a hundred times. For Mewtwo, his second jump come out a bit late, because Mewtwo's a physic Pokemon. I also bet that Mew will be in Super Smash Bros. 4 as well. Mew vs Mewtwo. I watched the first Pokemon movie certain times. I can't wait.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL Snake not returning.

As for Old Snake vs. classic MG/MG2/MGS/MGS2 Snake, why not have both and alternate outfits for both as well=??? It would be just like Wario with his Wario Ware (modern look, like Old Snake) and Classic form (like Young Snake).

Maybe have Naked Snake/Big Boss too.

Also, Snake needs more codecs. I think multiple for each character would be nice to see, but really I want some codecs on all the various assist trophy characters, Pokéball Pokémon, or random enemies that appear. Possibly even bosses and Subspace Enemies, lulz!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There's a rumored new Mach Rider game coming out on the 3DS. This could definitely help Mach Rider's chances of any future smash bros appearances, whether as a playable character or as an assist trophy character.

As for his codec on Mewtwo, he would probably be confused why he looks so... human... yet alien. He would probably think he was some weird humanoid alien, and possibly be concerned about how to fight against his extreme psychic abilities.

D

Deleted member

If you have any ideas I am more than glad to hear them. All I have at the moment are the musical tracks.

I just learned about antecedent errors today... So why am I still doing it?
Perhaps it could act in a similar way Big Blue did? Maybe as a sort of virtual successor.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Well, hopefully you can remember the subject.

Nevertheless, I heard from Shortie that you have some interest in Mona or Captain Syrup for a Wario character so my question is: you don't expect new reps for the main Mario series, but will we see any changes in the rosters for Donkey Kong, Wario, and/or Yoshi?
Want the quick version?

- Betting my marriage on at least one DK character, but I'm expecting both Dixie and K. Rool
- Betting... I don't know, $50? Yeah, $50 on a new Wario character, leaning towards Mona
- Betting a solid $250 on no new Yoshi characters

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
There's a rumored new Mach Rider game coming out on the 3DS. This could definitely help Mach Rider's chances of any future smash bros appearances, whether as a playable character or as an assist trophy character.

As for his codec on Mewtwo, he would probably be confused why he looks so... human... yet alien. He would probably think he was some weird humanoid alien, and possibly be concerned about how to fight against his extreme psychic abilities.
IIRC, that rumor got debunked a while ago... :urg:

That's one plausible idea...

Well they already used the Psycho Mantis joke for Ness so... :I
Maybe he could make fun of his Spoon Sword?

As much as I'd like to answer that, I won't. :p
Lol why not?

@HyperFalcon- That sounds promising. :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Kind of hard to not feel loved when my color scheme is rose pink and magenta. :3

@John Boy: The Mach Rider 3DS game was a falsehood. Sorry.

@SSBF: Perhaps. I'm still thinking about how it could work.

@Toise: I'll throw in an additional $20 and say we won't even get a new Yoshi stage.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Snake: What is this cat?
Otacon: That's Mewtwo, Snake.
Snake: Two?
Otacon: Clones, Snake, clones.
Snake: Not again!
Otacon: Yeah. But he has psychic powers. I know you're familiar with this. He's able to lift you into the air very easily.
Snake: What about mind control?
Otacon: Come on, you know that wouldn't be fair in a fighting game.
Snake: ...Of course.

Yep, sounds just right.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Want the quick version?

- Betting my marriage on at least one DK character, but I'm expecting both Dixie and K. Rool
- Betting... I don't know, $50? Yeah, $50 on a new Wario character, leaning towards Mona
- Betting a solid $250 on no new Yoshi characters
LOL I bet money Diddy Kong would be in Brawl ($50) on the big Diddy Kong thread. Little wimp didn't honor his end of the deal.

@John Boy: The Mach Rider 3DS game was a falsehood. Sorry.
Ah okay. That sucks, because Mach Rider could make for an interesting game. I loved that game as a kid.

And why the heck am I John Boy=???
I thought only my parents were legally allowed to call me that.

Edit: Snake should want to befriend Mewtwo, and want to know how being a clone is treating him... >.>

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Otacon: Yeah. But he has psychic powers. I know you're familiar with this. He's able to lift you into the air very easily.

Yep, sounds just right.
That seems pretty plausible, especially Otacon being the one giving Snake intel on him. I think they might comment on his tail, though, too.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That seems pretty plausible. I think they might comment on his tail, though, too.
Perhaps. Although many characters have had tails before. I'd say the psychic powers are the key. Plus, it acknowledges the clone aspect, which is something Snake would know easily.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Yep, sounds just right.
Not what I was thinking, but this will be o.k. for now... :p

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Perhaps. Although many characters have had tails before. I'd say the psychic powers are the key. Plus, it acknowledges the clone aspect, which is something Snake would know easily.
True, but I could see Otacon giving him intel on his tail, like how it helps with his psychic powers and whatnot.

D

Deleted member

@ToiseOfChoice: Do you think there will be any cuts made and if so, who may face the axe?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
True, but I could see Otacon giving him intel on his tail, like how it helps with his psychic powers and whatnot.
It does? I need to reread his entires.

@Try-Hy: I await yours then. :)

@Kantrip: True. But that's part of what Mewtwo is. A Psychic Clone Cat.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
This is pretty much all he has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oyDD9k6dLg

Need any help, Star? :troll:
Omaha Steaks??

Man, that a good theme, such shame there is little to nothing about him.

Also, I have decided to transfer my group to SSBFan.

With that said, I will depart and give my farewells to everyone, thank you for giving me so many laughs, I will miss you all, with that said good luck to you all, and don't be salty lol..

Farewell. ;)

-Omega

:phone:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Naw, there's been a new Yoshi's Island every game, why stop now?
Because unlike the other three games there has not been a new Yoshi title released in the interim between Brawl and this new title.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If the codec focused on anything, it would be him being the most powerful Pokémon. I imagine it going something like this:

Snake: Really? He's the most powerful Pokémon?
Mei Ling: Deities, spirits, and ancient beings aside.
Snake: Boy, these Pokémon things are real strange.
Mei Ling: I wish they could all be cute like Pikachu and Jigglypuff.
Snake: I wish all of them were as tasty as Ekans.
Mei Ling: ....

Think about it; we already have a clone in Snake. We already have psychics in Ness, and now we also have Lucas and Lucario. We already have various creatures with tails. Being super powerful and having such great telekinesis powers is really what makes Mewtwo so unique from other smash bros characters, along with his unique humanoid body, and being the clone of the original (Pokémon) life form.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
True. You believe this will stop there from being a new stage, then?

Are the current yoshi's stages all staying in?
Yes I do. Especially when Yoshi has such a good stage as it stands. I think Yoshi's Island will return from Brawl, and that will likely be it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I have very little hope for existing clones, I just am hoping we don't have anymore added. Sakurai DOESN'T mind clones. He sees them as "spins" on the original moveset. Which is true I guess.

What I want to know is why we have three Kirby characters, and two Donkey Kong characters, it doesn't make much sense to me.

Yes I do. Especially when Yoshi has such a good stage as it stands. I think Yoshi's Island will return from Brawl, and that will likely be it.
How many Melee stages came back to represent a franchise soley?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Fair enough. I'm not sure about Yoshi only getting one stage, though. Something should return, if no new stage is made.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have very little hope for existing clones, I just am hoping we don't have anymore added. Sakurai DOESN'T mind clones. He sees them as "spins" on the original moveset. Which is true I guess.

What I want to know is why we have three Kirby characters, and two Donkey Kong characters, it doesn't make much sense to me.
Because the Kirby series has had a lot more recent games. And you know, Sakurai created Kirby...

I'm more annoyed how they dominated the SSE. As well as the fact that DDD and MK are both excellent characters overall. Kirby was also buffed, but I'd say he was made just right.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Because the Kirby series has had a lot more recent games. And you know, Sakurai created Kirby...

I'm more annoyed how they dominated the SSE. As well as the fact that DDD and MK are both excellent characters overall. Kirby was also buffed, but I'd say he was made just right.
Donkey Kong had crappy Jungle beat games and whatnot, so that's not it. Although I guess Dixie WAS planned at one point.

would you like it if they remodeled the past stages with high quality graphics like the current generation stages?
if there were past stages Brawl, do you believe all songs of the respective stage will return?
YES. I need a revamped version of Temple, and Peach's Castle. I need some sort of Green Greens. These are staples to me.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
do you think there will be past stages for all games? i want mushroom kingdom from 64, temple from melee, halberd from brawl. and sprinkles of any other stages.......

Questions to answer:
would you like it if they remodeled the past stages with high quality graphics like the current generation stages?
if there were past stages Brawl, do you believe all songs of the respective stage will return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom