• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Megaman uses a copied skill. To copy an enemy skill, he must have knocked one out beforehand. The skill he will copy (for variety’s sake) will be the [Side B] of the knocked out character. By pressing a Taunt button, you remove the skill from your [Side B], and “save” it on the taunt button that was pressed, for future use.
Man, seems like a rip-off of Kirby's neutral.

:phone:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What, so you made Megaman's copy ability EXACTLY like Kirby? <_<

1.- You have to DEFEAT an opponent.
2.- You have to SAVE IT to a Taunt Slot.
3.- You can SWITCH back and forth between powers in mid-game.
4.- I did say he copies Side-B's for variety's sake.

How is this anything like Kirby again? (And even if it is... Bowser+Charizard anyone?)

To spell it out for you, here's what Kirby does.

1.- Kirby SUCKS IN an opponent.
2.- Kirby can either A) Swallow to copy ability or B) Toss him back out
3.- Kirby loses the power when Taunting or being knocked around enough, and when he's K0'd.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Shinhed-echi

Not bad. It's nice to see some more movesets. The more the better. ;)

But I think we can all agree that we don't want them to pull a Capcom or MvC with him.

I hate you Hyper MM! :glare:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
@Shinhed-echi

Not bad. It's nice to see some more movesets. The more the better. ;)

But I think we can all agree that we don't want them to pull a Capcom or MvC with him.

I hate you Hyper MM! :glare:
lol, I dislike the Hyper Megaman too. I prefer his Aerial Assault combination from Megaman 8's Tengu Man stage. That reeks Final Smash to me. :p

(BTW, this moveset was made as a challenge to not use a SINGLE Robot Master weapon for Megaman, so in the end I'm not that biased, I just wanted to fulfill the challenge to prove it can be done).

OmegaXXII

1.- You have to DEFEAT an opponent.
2.- You have to SAVE IT to a Taunt Slot.
3.- You can SWITCH back and forth between powers in mid-game.
4.- I did say he copies Side-B's for variety's sake.

How is this anything like Kirby again? (And even if it is... Bowser+Charizard anyone?)

To spell it out for you, here's what Kirby does.

1.- Kirby SUCKS IN an opponent.
2.- Kirby can either A) Swallow to copy ability or B) Toss him back out
3.- Kirby loses the power when Taunting or being knocked around enough, and when he's K0'd.
Okay, I see the difference, I needed this clarification, so basically the move is saved rather than lost? Well, it's good but I much rather have it it from enemies of it's own game, it would seem more appealing IMO.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Okay, I see the difference, I needed this clarification, so basically the move is saved rather than lost? Well, it's good but I much rather have it it from enemies of it's own game, it would seem more appealing IMO.

Alright, I get it, that's good too. Heck, as long as he's in, I don't care what powers he has. (I just don't want him to be a copy-paste of Marvel VS Capcom moveset).

--

BTW, I'm a big fan of THIS thing.
And I'd love to have it represented in his moveset somehow (a smash attack perhaps?)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'll be lying on my bed, wondering about SSB4, Skyrim, and UMvsC3. Are they as promising as I hear them to be? Gawd, I need a vacation T_T

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I know everyone refers to such characters as WTF's. But I'm actually hoping for another character I like to call a WIT. Melee's was Mr. Game & Watch; Brawl's was R.O.B. I wonder who's gonna be the next WIT character for me?

OmegaXXII

Alright, I get it, that's good too. Heck, as long as he's in, I don't care what powers he has. (I just don't want him to be a copy-paste of Marvel VS Capcom moveset).

--

BTW, I'm a big fan of THIS thing.
And I'd love to have it represented in his moveset somehow (a smash attack perhaps?)
Wow, that Megaman looks bulky alright, he looks incredible, is there such a megaman like that? :surprised:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
For those that don't mind spoilers Nintendo posted Skywards Sword's intro.

http://youtu.be/ox9pcs-_biw

That music... It is the most beautiful thing I think I have ever heard... On the Wii at least... ;_;
As KumaOso said, DAT MUSIC.

I'n not even watching the real footage to spoil myself. I'm only listening to the music.

I'll say this: a month or two ago I had no considerable excitement for Skyward Sword. Now it's a must-have for me this year, as well as Skyrim and the Lion King DVD pack.

For those interested, Nitsuma just stated via Twitter that Zero's alternate costume is "blue"... The insinuation is that it is going to be X. The MvC3 forums are going absolutely bonkers.
This is why alternate costumes of unique characters are a bad idea.

I do have to agree with Shortie though: I LOVE the pure corporate evilness of this. :grin:

Was up people! I'm gonna be gone for a while; I probably won't come back until E3 2012; I might stop briefly during February but until
then i won't be on here any longer, so basically I will be gone as of today.
It seems like you're still on here though. :laugh:

@OmegaXVII: You can always transfer the group to me if you want (or more experienced vets like KumaOso).

If you do stick to your words, then it'd been nice having you around and I'll see you at E3 2012. Can't wait until then.
What exact responsibilities come with running the Backroom? Based on what I can see, I could handle it. I'll be at least lurking if not posting on this thread and the Backroom for a while.

Anyway, I'm kind of ashamed to say that I've never played a Mega Man game. Believe me, it's on my to do list. So I wouldn't be much help discussing his chances and move set. However, I know he's popular, iconic, and has move potential, so I back him as the most likely third-party newcomer.
I've never played Mega-Man either. Makes me feel isolated. :ohwell:

Anyways, here's an interesting question for all. Everyone likes suggesting music, but how about suggesting people who make the music?

What musical composers/artists would you like to hear produce music for the next Smash Bros.?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
your megamaster is here for clarification...

that image is of the Rush Power Adapter from Mega Man 6...

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@Java- Bruce Falcouner :troll:

Nah but really, I dunno, Jun Senoue maybe?
Well, you can suggest anyone really, although I suppose the emphasis is on video game composers.

I personally would like the works of Jeremy Soule, Simon W. Autenrieth, and Lukas Deuschel for the next game. All three composers have done fantastic work in their respective games or, in the case of Autenrieth and Lukas, mods for games.

Examples of great Jeremy Soule pieces include Festival of Lyss from Guild Wars: Nightfall and the theme of the upcoming Skyrim, among many others.

As for Autenrieth and Lukas arrangements, there's Autenrieth's fantastic, atmospheric Flowstone Cave and peaceful Fold Valley, and Lukas provides the interesting generically-named Battle Theme - a unique song that transitions between orchestra and heavy guitar. Lukas also made the equally awesome Arantheal battle song, the inspiring Northrealm theme and Nehrim anthem. Both of the works of these composers come from the soundtrack of Nehrim: At Fate's Edge - an awesome mode made for Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Since these songs usually aren't on Youtube due to the mod's general obscurity, they can mostly only be found in the download links provided on this page on the official Nehrim site.

Today's my final day croc. ;)
In that case, good luck with whatever else you do in life :p, and have a good day. :)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I hate Zelda for many reasons.

Here's one: She's the reason why Y.Link didn't return to Brawl:

Random moments by your asage :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Zero doesn't have a dog. That's Rush, MegaMan's dog.

Although I never saw that actual picture/design before, you can clearly see Rush's paws on over MM's hands.
Does anybody know if that design actually happened in any of his games? I actually like it to be honest. :bee:

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I really think they should include the ability to upload your own music for use as BGM for your created stages. You know, just to try something new.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's so sad that some people here have never played MM. My suggestion would be to check out VirtualNES.com (it's legal). Either that or watch this video I made (it's now used at VGL).

Anyway I guess the Rush Adaptors could work, although I'd just use the Super Rush Adaptor from MM7 as a Final Smash.

Well I got a big essay to work on so I'm going to halt until late tomorrow or Saturday. Later.

D

Deleted member

JavaCroc said:
It seems like you're still on here though
He's probably waiting until he transfer it to someone.
JavaCroc said:
What exact responsibilities come with running the Backroom? Based on what I can see, I could handle it. I'll be at least lurking if not posting on this thread and the Backroom for a while.
Not sure of the extend, but I guess keeping it orderly, using your best judgment on which member to invite and which not to invite. But I'll have to PM Omega about it.

@ToiseOfChioce: Always been intrigued by the music and have seen some game play footages and it looks like a good series, but I haven't really gotten the motivation to download Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. Do you think that's a good start?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Anyway, I'm kind of ashamed to say that I've never played a Mega Man game. Believe me, it's on my to do list. So I wouldn't be much help discussing his chances and move set. However, I know he's popular, iconic, and has move potential, so I back him as the most likely third-party newcomer.
Original Megaman and a bit of X is all I have played. The series is fun, but very challenging. It's worth a shot playing, unlike that spin dash guy's games.

You know what game looks like it's going to be spectacular? Beyond the Laybrinth. Hope it comes out in Americaa.

It's extremely sad that every person here has never played Castlevania.
Tomorrow, I'll go to Walgreens and pick up a Wii Shop card. HAPPY? I was going to get back into SCII, and start Four Swords, but this sounds more interesting.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's extremely sad that every person here has never played Castlevania.
That good sir, is nothing but a statement.

Me, owning and having played Castlevaina 1-4, however, is a fact. ;)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i missed out on my chance to play Symphony of the Night when PS1 was current... i had to play it so i went through "alternate means" to play it.

CastleVania games I've played:
Symphony of the Night
Super CastleVania IV
Aria of Sorrow
Dawn of Sorrow
CastleVania
Rondo of Blood
Bloodlines

it's perfectly fine to let go of Snake... go on... try it. once you do, you can let go of your hedgehog too.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I could never let go of Snake. I spent last night crying at MGS4 cutscenes.

...I think my only Castlevania experience was freaking out when my brother was chased by a giant skeleton gorilla when I was... eight or nine.

MM9 was my first Mega Man. :I

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
They should really make Snake in Smash 4 Old Snake if/when he comes back...
Yes. And while they're at it, give him Metal Gear Rex as a new Final Smash. :cool:

OmegaXXII

Castlevania sounds good.

@SSBFan: Sure, if no one takes a vote, you will be in charge of it.

I pranked Starphoenix! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom