• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Please, don't talk about ROM's here, I don't want Gatlin to come in and post to remind you of the rules. :)

But yea...Sonic's homing attack should be chargeable indeed.

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
A year older than me, huh, asage?

We only got a little time left before we're illegal :(

Let's make it last :cool:

@Goku- I would say Dair, but Iblis suggested yesterday that Sonic's Down Special could be different while he's in the air. Like, his Down Special would Bounce Attack only while Sonic's in the air, which would be even more faithful to the original attack, and his Down Special would be Spin Dash while he's on the ground.

What do you think about that?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Hyper
Why is it illegal to talk about them on these boards? There's a bunch of threads dedicated to Brawl hacks lol And I think from Googling around for ROMs, there's some forums for them too
Long story short, it's because it violates copyright rules. So let's drop it like Omega asked.

Also, hacks are using the original game with an SD Card. It's legality is questionable at best, but that's all.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Metal ^~^ Ok, bro.
I'm gunna make some adjustments on my projects, and my Comic series, which is new...
"Super Smash Bros. Community"

OmegaXXII

No problem, you can take it up in VM or PM discussion.

But yeah, more sonic related stuff would be nice, I'll pick up Colors myself soon. :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Only Sonic game I'm missing is Free Riders, actually. I got the rest. I'm not going to buy Kinect for one game that might not be that great. If there's more Kinect that interests me, though...

I mean, I did buy my 360 for Sonic 2006. The thing is, I knew I'd be playing a LOT more games on it.

Anyway, I hope he gets better power this time. His kill moves were pretty bad.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Hyper
You got a 360 just for 06? Man, that sucks lol I know that you seem to like it tho, but at least you got more games :p

@Yamcha
I saw that too, and I liked it but I like how Project M made charging up Spin Dash damaging and I would still wanna Spin Dash airborne. Also instead of potential Meteor/Spike from a Dair it could be that heel kick as a Fair used in Sonic Battle.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, I was very happy with my purchase. Especially once I teamed up with my nephew. One of the most fun games ever, IMO. Not as good as the SA1, 2, or Shadow, but I found it more fun than Heroes or Unleashed, heh.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
For those interested, Nitsuma just stated via Twitter that Zero's alternate costume is "blue"... The insinuation is that it is going to be X. The MvC3 forums are going absolutely bonkers.
MWAHAHAHAHA! "Sorry Megaman wasn't in it....HERE'S A COSTUME THAT LOOKS LIKE HIM!"

I love. I LOVE. It's such a poor excuse, I LOVE.

Lol Tom Nook. He would throw furniture at you and force you into bankruptcy.
YES. The fact that Tom Nook would use non-violent ways to murder his opponents.... I like.

Difference is people are not asking for Ryu, but Megaman. During the post-Smash 64 days Sakurai acknowledged Megaman was a popular request. Although he did not elaborate any further on that comment it shows that people are asking for the Blue Bomber, and that has not ceased since.
TO BE HONEST, it's not like asking for Megaman has done that much so far. It's done about the same amount as me asking for Bass.EXE or Marvel fans asking for SquirrelGirl

It looks like everyone I commented on was from Star? o:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
@KumaOso: They could perhaps make a compromise (assuming Mega Man is in MVc3 and/or SSB4) Have the team create an entire move set from scratch and have the Robot Master ability be put as the B button, which you earn from defeating opponents (which you can switch with a taunt button). Unlike Kirby's copy ability, it does not go away once you get KO.

Or for a better example, look at shinhed-echi's move set.

I'm surprised there are people who remember that moveset. :O

I think Megaman copying powers is essential to Smash Bros. It's what makes him special. Having him without his ability to copy powers is the equivalent of Sonic not having his speed around.

Taunt buttons are for the most part useless, but some characters have some use for it.

Luigi: Spike
Kirby: Release ability
Snake: Box hit
Fox/Falco/Wolf: Team communication
Samus: Change into ZSS

Not sure if I miss any..

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I do agree. Except for coping powers. It's not really MM if he steals powers from none robots (plus it steals Kirby's signature ability); but if he were to use it to switch between certain weapons from his games I'd be fine with that.

As for switch weapons, I'd suggest: the Crash Bombs (MM2), Flame Blast (MM6), and the Plug Ball (MM9).

OmegaXXII

That copy ability is stupid, why not give him a weapon switcher instead, Megaman is a special 3rd party character, he should be unique and interesting as possible, he really doesn't need to depend on Other characters for moves, doesn't he have any of his own? Let Kirby do that, however if it involved copying moves from enemies from his game then I wouldn't mind as much.

I agree with Tri-Hyphen.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well I don't see anyone complaining about Marth or Ike, or Pit or Metaknight stealing Link's swordsmanship thunder. =/

Heck, and his Mega Buster? Will that be ripping off Samus too? (It used to be a "counter-argument" back in the early days of Brawl marketing)

Just let Megaman roll with what he's got. Or at LEAST come up with a Robot Master skill for him to have whenever he copies a Nintendo character then.

Examples:

Mario: Fire man fireball.
Link: Quick Boomerangs
Snake: Napalm Man / Grenade Man
Squirtle: Bubble Lead
Ivysaur: Leaf Shield
Charizard: Atomic Fire
Metaknight: Top Spin
Kirby: Star Shield
Samus: Dive Missile

etc

This OR, have Megaman copy abilities OTHER than neutral B's (Up B's for example, or Side-B's). The Marvel vs Capcom route is way too easy to accept, but I was never happy with it. (Only 3 abilities out of his whole arsenal? You serious?)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I don't see anyone complaining about Marth or Ike, or Pit or Metaknight stealing Link's swordsmanship thunder. =/

Heck, and his Mega Buster? Will that be ripping off Samus too? (It used to be a "counter-argument" back in the early days of Brawl marketing)

Just let Megaman roll with what he's got. Or at LEAST come up with a Robot Master skill for him to have whenever he copies a Nintendo character then.

Examples:

Mario: Fire man fireball.
Link: Quick Boomerangs
Snake: Napalm Man / Grenade Man

This OR, have Megaman copy abilities OTHER than neutral B's (Up B's for example, or Side-B's). The Marvel vs Capcom route is way too easy to accept, but I was never happy with it. (Only 3 abilities out of his whole arsenal? You serious?)
Sorry, those are just my own thoughts. But I do like that idea of yours to some extent.

My only questions are:

1. How would the rest of his moveset work? Would it also be other moves and RM Weapons? Or just like in MvC with punches and kicks with RM weapons saved for specials?

2. How would stealing weapons work in Smash exactly?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sorry if I'm double posting, but this is my own quick moveset for MM. Forgive me if it's not very good, I've been too busy with Mewtwo to edit this.

Mega Man

Notes:
Light/Medium Weight
Both his Walking and Running speeds are average
Is a Fast Faller and has average Air Speed (just like in his games)

Pros:
Able to rack up damage easily
Great special and Smashes
Thunder Wool makes for a great edge guarding
Great Recovery
Great ground game

Cons:
Lack of killing moves
Light weight
Poor aerial game
Fast faller means he can be chain grabbed and easily edge guarded by opponents

Specials:

Neutral - Mega Buster - Chargeable and can launch 3 uncharged shots at a time (think Super Scope item),

Side - Thunder Wool (MM10) - launches at an angle a Thunder Cloud that after 3-5 seconds produces a lightning bolt (Thunder!), great for edge guarding and setups,

Up - Rush Jet (MM3) - Rush appears underneath MM in Jet form, allows MM to fly for about 3-4, can attack but only with uncharged buster shots, when done puts MM into a helpless state, can jump/shield out of, balances poor aerial game,

Down - Copy Vision (MM&B) - creates a stationary hologram turret for 2-3 seconds, shoots non-flinching buster shots in 1 direction, hologram itself doesn't harm opponent, only 1 hologram at a time,

Final - Support Robots (MM5-6,MM7,MMV)- Summons Beat, Tango, and Rush all at once for 12-15 seconds, Beat and Tango hunt down opponents, while MM gains the Super Adaptor, 2nd Jump becomes a jet pack, Charged Buster shots become homing fists,

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - Quick Boomerang (MM2)

Forward - Slash Claw (MM7)

Up - Pharaoh Shot (MM4)

Down - Slide - moves MM forward,

Dash - Charge Kick (MM5) - moves MM forward

Aerials:

Neutral - Thunder Claw (MM8) - pulls MM slightly forward

Forward - Electric Shock (MMV) - has less range then MMV version

Up - Top Spin (MM3) - think Mario Tornado

Down - Sakugarne (MMII GB) - works like Link's D-Aerial but has less knockback,

Back - Flame Sword (MM8)

Smashes:

Forward - Hard Knuckle (MM3) - launches a fist forward, very laggy, can be slightly angled, high knockback, less range then MM3 version

Up - Mega Punch (MM:the Power Fighters/MvC) (Shoryuken!)

Down - Wild Coil (MM7) - launches 2 bouncing springs forward/back, when charged they also bounce higher, less range then MM7 version

Throws:

Pummel - shoots uncharged buster shots

Forward - Super Arm (MM1)

Up - Gravity Hold (MM5) - does no damage, great launcher,

Down - Water Shield (MM10) - produces WS, opponent is hit by all 8 water droplets,

Back - Super Arm (MM1)

Other Moves:

Wall Jumping (MvC, MMX and beyond series)

Taunts:

1. Removes Helmet
2. MvC Taunt
3. Powers down into Rock for a second

Costumes:

Green - Quint MM2 GB
Red/Gray - Rush/Proto Man
Black/Orange - Bass
Blue/Yellow - Bad Box Art Style
Blue/Orange/White - Model A (There was a 8bit style minigame in MMZXA)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I had a similar idea for various moves, but to using colors for determining it.

MegaMan's blue costume would use his Mega Buster. It's a basic uncharged energy projectile. It can be charged, but only in the style of Shield Breaker(no saving)
MegaMan's red costume would use the Proto Buster. Unlike the Mega Buster, it'd have more range with slightly more knockback, but no charge at all.
MegaMan's green costume would use the Search Snake. A snake flies out and homes in on the opponent. It's pretty much the same thing as Samus' Missile from Melee, but no charging of course.(yes, it has the Smash version for holding down the button long enough)
MegaMan's yellow costume could use the Super Arm to either quickly throw an large item or create a Falcon Punch like attack.
MegaMan's black costume could use the Bass Buster. It's a rapid-fire attack, much like Falco's, but with less range and wider form.
MegaMan's white costume could use the Ice Slasher. A block of ice is slid accross the stadium, and will dissapear a bit by bit, or when it hits a wall.

Up B could be Rush Coil or Mega Upper(I forget the correct name, and I never actually saw the Rush Coil)

Forward B could be his version of Copy. It'd be similar to Kirby's, but would only apply to Forward B moves. I'd prefer an exact replica of the move, with the respective arm weapon. Boomerang(Link and Y. Link) would look the same, but actually would be used the same as the stolen character's moves. Obviously...using Green Costume and copying Samus would seem pointless...but that's how some things work...

Down B is argueable. Most say the Mega Slide, but that works best for his Dash Attack. Another one of his weapons could be used, or even a quick Rush Drill, possibly. To say the least, this one's the hard choice.

That's what I think, anyway.

Copied from a very old topic. What do you think?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Tri-Hy, dude, you live in the glove?! So do I. :cool:

But, yeah, that MM moveset is baws, dude. I always imagined him being a middle weight with a fast falling speed.

Although I also pictured him lending himself to a spam-happy playstyle.

OmegaXXII

@shinhed: Well, if MM got that Mega Buster it really wouldn't be a clone move if the animation was different or if the style of it was altered, reason being is because it's already Megaman's signature move as well, nothing like Samus's, as whereas the copy ability from Nintendo characters would simply be a rip-off of what Kirby does already, unless he copied the moves from the robots from his game where it wouldn't exactly look like a Kirby move.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
I was just asking why people thought he picked the Ice Climbers.
Probably because he wanted something that would make them stand out from the rest of the lineup. And it worked. A 2-for-1 package: you can't go wrong with that. :)

@Omega
What??? Aww, don't leave.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tri-Hy, dude, you live in the glove?! So do I. :cool:

But, yeah, that MM moveset is baws, dude. I always imagined him being a middle weight with a fast falling speed.

Although I also pictured him lending himself to a spam-happy playstyle.
In a glove?

Thank you, but it's not done yet. But it's good to know I'm on the right path.

I'm thinking of changing his U-Special and maybe adding the weapon switch as a D-Special. But then again against G&W and Mother characters Copy Vision would be balanced out.

OmegaXXII

I'd like you to visit; Sakurai might surprise us and reveal some new Smash Bros. material when we least expect it. Wouldn't want you to miss out on it.

Hmm..good point, I actually didn't think about that lol...but do you guys really think Sakurai is really going to reveal anything before e3 2012 pertaining to Smash? I really doubt it, the only news I'm expecting are those pertaining to Kid Icarus.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hmm..good point, I actually didn't think about that lol...but do you guys really think Sakurai is really going to reveal anything before e3 2012 pertaining to Smash? I really doubt it, the only news I'm expecting are those pertaining to Kid Icarus.

SSBB's first trailer came out in 2006, years later it came out, so maybe...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
In a glove?

Thank you, but it's not done yet. But it's good to know I'm on the right path.

I'm thinking of changing his U-Special and maybe adding the weapon switch as a D-Special. But then again against G&W and Mother characters Copy Vision would be balanced out.
LMAO dude I meant the glove, as in Michigan :laugh:

But good to see that you're aiming to make even more progess with the MM moveset! :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nobody read my idea? Aww.

Well, anyway.

Also, everytime I read "KI", I weep for the death of Killer Instinct.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I dunno, but I think info on SSB4 could be announced next year. Prep ur calanders, cause it could be the year of the V.Gs (like this November, which is the month of V.Gs). I'm telling ya, something will come up, and no one will see it coming, except for some, like me :)
(V.Gs=Video games for those who didn't kno ;))

OmegaXXII

No. But again, you never know.

But before you go...:glare:
Oh that's right, yes, I will PM what you wanted shortly. ;)

Other than Kid Icarus uprising news, maybe some progress on development or when it's about to begin, if Sakurai stayed on scheduled like he originally planned, it should be starting this month for sure, otherwise a delay will have occured due to KI:Uprising being delayed as well, therefore any possible news will also get delayed which would probably be close to e3 anyway.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I still think development has already started or is going to start very soon.

I'm sure whatever derps that are affecting KI at the moment are just post-production bugs and whatnot.

Nothing too major.

Besides, wouldn't Project Sora notify us via their website when production on the two titles are about to be delayed?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Aww, Omega's leaving...good luck in life, my friend. You said you'd be back E3 2012, right?

Anyway, I'm kind of ashamed to say that I've never played a Mega Man game. Believe me, it's on my to do list. So I wouldn't be much help discussing his chances and move set. However, I know he's popular, iconic, and has move potential, so I back him as the most likely third-party newcomer.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hey, something just hit me: what about sound effects? I feel the sound effects play a great role in Smash Bros., and in my opinion, the sounds have gotten more and more boring with each game. When you think about it, explosions in Smash64 were really loud and sounded so violent, and sword swings/cuts in Melee sounded like they really did cut through to the bone. Then Brawl came, and the sound effects weren't all that great. I mean, granted they were going for some realism, but when Ike's sword slashes sound like you're getting hit by a concrete block, it doesn't really do it for me. And Ness's Fsmash... I miss that "PING" sound. Instead, you have an actual crack of a bat. Just my thoughts.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Very nice moveset, it would certainly work while giving a nostalgic feel to see all of those past moves Megaman once had.

Anyway, just for the heck of it, here's mine again.
(Don't dwell too much in damage percentages and whatnot).
[COLLAPSE="Spoiler"]

Specials:

B: Mega Buster
Megaman can shoot up to three small power shots per second that cause no flinching. Or charge his Buster Cannon to full power for high damage. There are 3 levels of charge. Small (no flinch), Medium (flinch and double damage) and full charge (knockback and around 22% damage when fresh)
(Games: Megaman 4-8+F)

Side B: Copy Skill
Megaman uses a copied skill. To copy an enemy skill, he must have knocked one out beforehand. The skill he will copy (for variety’s sake) will be the [Side B] of the knocked out character. By pressing a Taunt button, you remove the skill from your [Side B], and “save” it on the taunt button that was pressed, for future use.
-
Note: When no opponents have been defeated, Megaman’s [Side B] is the same as The difference is that he can shoot or charge while running.
(Games: Every Megaman game)

Down B: Soccer Ball
Megaman materializes a power soccer ball in front of him. This one acts similarly to the item from Brawl, except after hit, this ball keep its trajectory until it leaves the screen, or after hitting someone at least 5 times.
Damage is moderate, knockback is moderate (similar to Samus Super Missile from Brawl)
(Games: Megaman 8, Marvel vs Capcom 1 and 2)

Up B: Rush Jet
Megaman calls upon his faithful companion, who turns into an air-board like jet under his feet. For a limited time, Megaman will be able to pilot Rush Jet all over the place, without depending on momentum. After about 8 seconds, he’ll run out of power, and Rush Jet will teleport away. (Similar to Rob, except without momentum)
(Games: Megaman 3-5, 8, F, 9, 10)

Attacks:
A: Punch: Simple jab
AA: Arm cannon slam: Vertical arm-cannon slam followup causes little knockback.

Ftilt: Arm cannon thrust: Fierce arm cannon punch attack.
Dtilt: Sweep kick: A low kick that sends downwards (bounces on ground)
Utilt: Upward kick: A high kick that launches opponents upwards. (MvC1-2)
Fsmash: Rocket Punch: Launches his arm the distance of one “block” (Stage builder) Has good knockback. (MMVgb)
Dsmash: Rush Power Suit: Megaman gains his Power Suit as he charges up his attack. Upon releasing the button, he delivers a power punch forward and then behind him.(MM6)
Usmash: Shoryuuken: Megaman charges his arm cannon and then delivers an energy-charged arm-cannon punch skyward. (MvC1)

Wakeup Attack: Megaman splits his legs open delivering a break-dance like hit to both sides.

Ledge Attack 1: Enters the stage, kicking with both legs forward.
Ledge Attack 2: Slides forward.
Ledge Attack Weak: Slams arm-cannon at opponent.

Dash Attack: Power Slide (games Megaman 3-8, F) slides under opponent sending them skybound behind him (similar to Mario’s only a bit stronger)

Aerials:
Nair: Stretches foot to kick opponent.
Dair: Slams opponent with his boots. Meteor smash.
Fair: Spinning kicks. Looks like a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, switching legs (2 hits, like ZSS except first one drags in, second one knocks away)
Bair: Back hand slam: Knocks opponent diagonally upwards.
Uair: Aerial uppercut: Raises arm-cannon in mid air to hit opponent.

Throws: Megaman grabs with his free hand.
A: Hits with Arm-cannon on the head.
Fthrow: Fires a charge shot at point zero range, knocking opponent away.
Dthrow: Hurls opponent over his back onto the ground, and fires 3 small shots.
Uthrow: Jumps up while Rush Coil appears, and slams him over the coil, sending opponent upward a considerably high fixed altitude. (6 Stage builder blocks)
Bthrow: Gets behind opponent and fires a semi-charged shot behind his back.

Final Smash : Mega Air Force:
Megaman summons Rush Jet with plasma bursts, Eddy with bombs, Auto with a plasma shotgun, and Beat with ramming attacks to become the ultimate aerial destroyer. For around 15 seconds, Megaman will be unstoppable and devastating with a variety of ranged attacks from all of his friends.
(Megaman 8)
[/COLLAPSE]

The copy abilities would be saved on the Taunt buttons. Since there are up to 3 opponents per screen, there are 3 taunt slots for each weapon, and the last taunt slot to revert to Megaman.

OmegaXXII

I haven't played a Megaman game myself, not one, though I plan to pick up Megaman X collection and Skyward Sword very soon. :grin:

And thanks. :)

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Oh that's right, yes, I will PM what you wanted shortly. ;)
:grin:

Hey, something just hit me: what about sound effects? I feel the sound effects play a great role in Smash Bros., and in my opinion, the sounds have gotten more and more boring with each game. When you think about it, explosions in Smash64 were really loud and sounded so violent, and sword swings/cuts in Melee sounded like they really did cut through to the bone. Then Brawl came, and the sound effects weren't all that great. I mean, granted they were going for some realism, but when Ike's sword slashes sound like you're getting hit by a concrete block, it doesn't really do it for me. And Ness's Fsmash... I miss that "PING" sound. Instead, you have an actual crack of a bat. Just my thoughts.
I actually don't mind the sound effects. If nothing else, they should bring some of them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom