• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hey, asage got anymore moveset? Any being planned?

@tri-hyphen- I know what you mean, I know how much Waluigi means to you, I honestly don't hate him, I just feel he interrupts is all.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...Weird. I just had a dream where Ganondorf had a sword and was top tier THE WHOLE TIME in Brawl, just no one had figured it out yet. Like, his attacks were still similar to Falcon's but most of them had a follow-up involving a sword THAT NO ONE HAD DISCOVERED.

Incidentally I fell asleep on the couch. My back wants to Ganon-punch me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@tri-hyphen- I know what you mean, I know how much Waluigi means to you, I honestly don't hate him, I just feel he interrupts is all.

???

I was joking (except for DHD :p). Besides I don't even like Waluigi.

Just because I debated him once doesn't mean I support him.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hey, asage got anymore moveset? Any being planned?

Yup, I am. I'm doing two right now. I'm doing one I thought I'd never do, Magikoopa, and as part of my cheering and wanting of SSB4 custon character making, the character Bryan Retetre from my comic. I'll show you guys becuase it's part of the comic I told u guys about, SSB Community (if u haven't guessed yet, I got the idea off this website ^^)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
???

I was joking (except for DHD :p). Besides I don't even like Waluigi.

Just because I debated him once doesn't mean I support him.
Whoops, my bad. :facepalm:

Good point, but yeah, I would rather see Donkey Kong Jr. (Melee trophy) instead as a possible WTF character.

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
This forum is too many thousands of pages long, so I had to skip the virtual majority of what was said. I'm no Smash master, but I've been an avid fan and consistent player since the release of Melee, and everything I'm hearing about this alleged next installment thus far sounds enormously unappealing. It's projected releases are only for the WiiU and 3DS? How about a release for the Wii? Some of us don't feel like wasting all our hard-earned money on each of Nintendo's annually-released handheld console upgrades. No Gamecube controllers? What a way to defacate on an enormous percentage of the Smash series' core fan base who prefers these controllers. And then there's always the grim speculation regarding the prospective roster. Will we still have 2 Link characters and no Mewtwo? Will there ever be new character additions from classic series like Metroid or F-Zero? Will there be an explosion of new items so cheap they'll make Smash Balls seem like beam sabers? (Not that any series Smash combatants ever play with items). Will we get normal, practical stages, or will big dragons and monsters be busting out of the floor or swooping out of the sky and tearing me to bits while I'm trying to focus on the battle? Hate to be a downer, and I guess I can't help but develop a pessimistic air whenever I hear about new releases that seem so inherintly flawed from the first announcement, but the little information that has actually been leaked regarding Smash Bros.' 4th installment leaves me hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Funny you mention this, some people in the Metaknight thread were saying Ganon would have a decent chance for tourneys, anybody who thinks not is wrong, at least that's what I heard.
Meta Knight is practically impossible to overcome as Ganon because he is superior to him in almost every way imaginable. Although Ganon would be better off without him, he still has to deal with Falco and Snake, two hard Ganon counters that aren't impossible to overcome at the highest level of competitive play. Right now Ganondorf barely stands a chance in low tier tournaments, let alone tournaments with only possibly Meta Knight banned.

We could however see mid/high tier characters like Sonic (somehow he keeps getting... better?), Ike (his meta game has improved a lot, specifically with spacing on Ike, which is really hard), and Wolf have better tournament placings more consistently. Well, the best players of said players mostly, of course. The again, random great players do come out of nowhere sometimes... >.>

Let us hope future smash bros. games don't reach this point, and Brawl n00b kiddies, campers, spammers, and stallers don't try to kill future smash bros. games like this tried to do (and successfully did very often) with Brawl, either. That's why I propose Good Offense beats Good Defense, just like smash 64 and Melee.

As for Donkey Kong Jr., he would make a great "WTF?" character, and would surprise most people. I would not be too surprised since he was in Donkey Kong Jr., the game is named after him, and it isone of the few popular Donkey Kong games in Japan.

Still I couldn't see him getting in smash over Dixie Kong AND K. Rool... >.>

Also, that Ike video gets more epic the more you watch it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mach Rider showed up to the fight in his underwear and then went to the dentist to get his teeth pulled.

Or something.
So this is the world Oasis lives in.

Weird. I was expecting it to be a bit more Ridley-er. :laugh:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mach Rider needs to shoot down and murder Tingle. Then he can appear... :awesome:

Seriously, that would make Mach Rider the most popular smash bros. character EVERRRR!!!!
"I will not allow you to make a Mach-ery of Smash Bros., Tingle."

Unfortunately Mach Rider relies on maps to get to places, so Tingle has the upper hand.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"I will not allow you to make a Mach-ery of Smash Bros., Tingle."

Unfortunately Mach Rider relies on maps to get to places, so Tingle has the upper hand.
Not really, he just rides his bike along the path. Link's the one who needs maps because that fool always goes off the beaten path and goes into haunted dungeons and crap.

Here's a comparison:
Mach Rider has a super fast bike from the future, machine guns, and a crap ton of health.
Tingle has a air balloon tied to his back, the magical ability to translate maps, and the magical ability to summon confetti.

Who do you think has the advantage in a real fictional fight in a video game=??? :awesome:

Best wording ever, I know! :laugh:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

WHAT DO YOU CALL THIS, JOHNKNIGHT.

HUH?! TELL ME WHAT YOU CALL IT.

I WANT TO HEAR IT.

caps.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
This forum is too many thousands of pages long, so I had to skip the virtual majority of what was said. I'm no Smash master, but I've been an avid fan and consistent player since the release of Melee, and everything I'm hearing about this alleged next installment thus far sounds enormously unappealing. It's projected releases are only for the WiiU and 3DS? How about a release for the Wii? Some of us don't feel like wasting all our hard-earned money on each of Nintendo's annually-released handheld console upgrades. No Gamecube controllers? What a way to defacate on an enormous percentage of the Smash series' core fan base who prefers these controllers. And then there's always the grim speculation regarding the prospective roster. Will we still have 2 Link characters and no Mewtwo? Will there ever be new character additions from classic series like Metroid or F-Zero? Will there be an explosion of new items so cheap they'll make Smash Balls seem like beam sabers? (Not that any series Smash combatants ever play with items). Will we get normal, practical stages, or will big dragons and monsters be busting out of the floor or swooping out of the sky and tearing me to bits while I'm trying to focus on the battle? Hate to be a downer, and I guess I can't help but develop a pessimistic air whenever I hear about new releases that seem so inherintly flawed from the first announcement, but the little information that has actually been leaked regarding Smash Bros.' 4th installment leaves me hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
Welcome to the boards, dudeman! :)

Since Smash 4 will have PS3/360-quality graphics most likely and beefed-up online features, and it is tradition for a new Smash game to come out, so a Wii release is out of the question. Sorry dude.

You can still use the Classic Controller and there is a possibility that Nintendo will remake the GameCube controller as the new Classic Controller for the Wii U.

Mewtwo has a very strong chance of returning, I can tell you that, and so does Ridley (the most likely Metroid rep of all).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Custom Character Creation #1: Bryan Retetre

Just who is Bryan? He is a young lad who leads a team of young mercenaries, and wields a might ability- The Accuracy Blade. Although Bryan can be tense sometimes, he can also be very humorous. I support him as mascot for the SSBCommunity Comic series and Custom Character Creation vote. Here's his Moveset:
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Weight: Highest weight of Lightweights.
Speed: He runs as fast as Fox, but his attacks are a tad faster.
Damage Ratio: He can't produce much damage, but can give great knockback, because of his moveset.
Damage Recovery: Around 105%, he can be tossed around with ease, due to his small weighty stature (he's 5.3 ft, 98 lbs).
Jumps: One 1/2 character spaces for each jump, which are only 2 jumps.

(A) Combo:
He punches first, then kicks diagonally upwards, then unleashes a flurry of punches, like Kirby.

(A) Normal:
(A)^: He punt-kicks straight up.
(A)>: He thrusts his foot foward.
(A)v: He kicks the opponent's lower body.

(A) Smash:
(A)^: He backflip-kicks, covering all sides except below him.
(A)>: He brings his fists up, then hammers them down, both holding each other.
(A)v: He spin kicks the lower body of the opponent, or opponents, covering both sides of him, left and right.

(B) Moveset:
(B): Accuracy Blade:
Bryan's hand begins to glow, charging power. Once charged, he can set off a huge hit, with enormous knockback, and it's very fast (however, it always does 10% or 5 Stanima damage). This move also does 2x damage to shields, which could break the shield.

(B)>: Zag Dash:
Bryan Halts in mid air with a smile, then dashes straight foward of his eyesight. Compare to Fox's (B)>, but it goes 1/2 a character space more and does electric damage.

(B)v: Mock Copy:
He grabs and pushes some in front of him, which lets him also use their attack as well. Once the enemy is pushed, Bryan executes one of the opponent's known moves. For example, if Bryan used this on Mario, he'd use (B)^, Super Jump, and would go a little bit lower than Mario would. But if it's Captain Falcon, he uses (B) Falcon Punch, which his is faster, but a little weaker than Captain Falcon's, and doesn't have good knockback. Another example is Yoshi. He'll jump above him and ground pounce them, AKA (B)v. He can only preform some moves. Let's say Olimar is back, and Bryan uses it on him. Bryan will instead throw junk at Olimar, (B)>, like a soda can, a magazine, or even a phone. Depending on the character, Bryan will preform a certain move, and that move only.

(B)^: Reversal Flip:
Bryan does a backflip twice in the air, gaining 2 character spaces back. However, if someone is in contact, he'll grab them, and get a boost of a jump off them. They also recieve damage and a weak meteor smash, as well. Also, depending on the character, Bryan will go further. For example, if he jumped off bowser, he'll have the max foot jump, 3 character spaces upwards, but if he jumps off Kirby, he'll only get 1 character space for a jump.

Final Smash: BryaTeam! Unite!

Bryan claps his hands, bringing his sidekicks, Zam the Ninja, and Jen the Flare Medic. Zam and Jen will attack anyone that's enemy,, and so will Bryan. Zam and Jen are like Assistant Trophies, so they can't be hurt. After a little while, they gather and shout, "We got'em!", just like in my comic series :3 Then the battle continues.

Taunts:
^: He snaps his fingers, index finger pointing, then says, "I got you guys!"
>: He brings his phone out, and says, "I'm busy, right now, Zam!" and hangs up. But 50/50, he'll say "Jen" instead.
v: He smiles, and then does a handstand and says, "You're something else, aren't ya?"

The BryaTeam!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
it was Kwing that expessed that it would be a good move to do on inafune's part... that is all.
OH KWING, always mixing your opinions with the news.

He kind of has to have an interest in hitboxes. Would be pretty hard to make a fighting game without them.
Also, he said something along the lines of "I'll try to balance the game for competitive play" this time around.......... sooooooo yeah. I'm thinkin' this game could really BE something.

Also, I've been thinking, and it seems Sakurai loves to push release dates because he doesn't have enough time to make the game perfect. He seems to never "Have enough time". How do you feel about character cuts it he seems to never have enough time on his hands? How do you feel about the amount of delays to expect period?

Yeah Sakurai seems excited for Dragon Quest X. He might be the only one. lol
Looks like someone may get there wish....

But ya seriously, let me describe this thread in one word:
MEEEEEEEGGGGGAAAAAA MAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!
Ugh, your fanboy is showing.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Reasons krystal should be in smash 4...
She's a female character, Nintendo has stated that they want more females in the cast and she is considered one of the main Girls of Ninendo.
* She has a huge fan base, with tons of Nintendo fan boys goggling over her (im not THAT into Krystal, I used to like her a ton more that I do now, but regardless she's still one of my fav chars).
* The Star Fox series is one of the bigger Nintendo series and is also getting more attention from Nintendo lately, meaning they should probably have another character from the series.
* Krystal has great chance of being a very unique character as she has a staff in the game. This allows her standard ('A' button) and smash attacks to have a very unique spin off of the rest of the Star Fox chars. She also has a special boost of having extra Barriers in game, which could easily work as a replacement to the other Star Fox char's Reflectors, and due to her main gun being the Gatling Gun (at 2:29), which is much different than the standard Blaster that Fox/Falco/Wolf all use, she could have a unique projectile in that too.
* Her only competition in the series at the moment is Slippy and Andross, and with Andross being more of a entity that a actual being and with him already being a boss AND assist trophy, plus Slippy being far less popular than Krystal and having no stand out qualities from the rest of the cast aside from a higher jump, which they already passed on to Falco (and the fact that he's annoying lol), imo Krystal by far takes the cake out of the viable choices.
* Nintendo has released that they are making a StarFox 3DS game, but that it's not in development yet atm, meaning that by the time they will have it released, it will be most likely be released pretty close to the time Smash 4 would be, and they would want to advertise this game as much as possible. A one of the best ways to advertise this game would be to put extra, and more popular characters from the series into one of the biggest Nintendo games, or even one of the biggest games of all time. I mean, they put Roy in Melee as advertisement for the new Fire Emblem that was coming out in Japan, so I dont see why they wouldnt do the same here.
I agree completely.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I love me some Krystal, but why would you randomly show up just to open that can of worms? It's sort of like throwing cake into an Eaters Anon class, people are going to go ape **** over this small subject.

Plus a lot of that is really subjective. Reason she probably won't be in: We have three Starfox characters already. Most series don't hit the four mark.

NOT a furry either haha.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Most of Krystal's fanbase is furries...

Or people who like staff users. I'm certainly not a furry and I like her. She's somewhat annoying compared to some of the other women of Nintendo, admittably, but that's due to problems in-game.(being a MacGuffin in Adventures, the whole alignment crazy thing in Command, etc.)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@short So, because someone likes Crystal means they are a furry T_T?
Krystal* and read up, I'm not the one who said "Most Krystal fans are furries". Be a big boy and read the whole thread.

While I do agree that Krystal should get in, characters should get in based on their individual merits, not based on stuff like "we needz moar wiminz".
You get a shorts cookie. Good boy. Same with the "HE CULD BE UNEEK". Krystal has merits of her own, her biggest obstacle is the fact that she's the FOURTH pick for her already small series. Oh well, hopefully she gets a cool AT.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
While I do agree that Krystal should get in, characters should get in based on their own individual merits, not based on stuff like "we needz moar wiminz".

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Krystal* and read up, I'm not the one who said "Most Krystal fans are furries". Be a big boy and read the whole thread.
Alrdy corrected myself ^^ And I like Crystals too. PS I'm pretty sure I'm a big boy. I'm a senior with all credits T_T
(didn't fix name of who I'm speaking to hold on.)
((I want Beach Samus for 4))

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@opelucid I like Crystal... And I'm not a furry. They say the same thing about mai boi Lucario.
That's why he said "most", not all. I personally never cared for Krystal, to be honest. That said, even though I'm no furry, Gardevoir, Gothitelle, and Meloetta... they're really pushin' me! XD

Makes me wonder if any of those Pokémon may appear in Smash 4, whether in Trophy form, or as Pokéball Pokémon. Or both.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
And another note, crappycola, where did you get that Nintendo is making a new SF game?! Unless you're referring to the Star Fox 64 remake...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
READ THE CORRECTED COMMENT ABOVE, PEOPLE!
Or as shortiecanbrawl stats it, "Be a big boy, and read the whole thread."
And yes, I was just saying that as a joke. Most of the time, yeah..

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It'd be neat if we got a new StarFox game instead of yet another remake.(too many these days)

Although I have yet to play the remake. I gotta see what new stuff exists. :D

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It'd be neat if we got a new StarFox game instead of yet another remake.(too many these days)

Although I have yet to play the remake. I gotta see what new stuff exists. :D
Sad thing is, there really isn't any new things in the game. If anything, they removed the Rocket Launcher from multiplayer, which sucks, and I don't believe Landmaster is also playable in multiplayer as well. There's also no online wi-fi, which is a downer, so it's still a good game, but with some sacrifices, all of which were unnecessary.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sad thing is, there really isn't any new things in the game. If anything, they removed the Rocket Launcher from multiplayer, which sucks, and I don't believe Landmaster is also playable in multiplayer as well. There's also no online wi-fi, which is a downer, so it's still a good game, but with some sacrifices, all of which were unnecessary.
...What did they add, though? And yeah, no online again? I mean, I dissapointed that New Super Mario Bros. Wii had no online options, but this one... if Mario Kart DS could have it, why not this one?

They really seem to not use online enough. And often when they do, it's meh.(Brawl, MKWii... neither were THAT good) MKDS's online was good, though.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
And another note, crappycola, where did you get that Nintendo is making a new SF game?! Unless you're referring to the Star Fox 64 remake...

LOL that quote is from Zzshy. I should have put that in the post but I wasn't sure if he would have liked me to draw any negative attention twoards him. (just in case it did draw negative attention)

I love me some Krystal, but why would you randomly show up just to open that can of worms? It's sort of like throwing cake into an Eaters Anon class, people are going to go ape **** over this small subject.

Plus a lot of that is really subjective. Reason she probably won't be in: We have three Starfox characters already. Most series don't hit the four mark.

NOT a furry either haha.
lol sorry, I was curious to see how people would react to it xD. AND I thought it should have been in this thread, if any thread.

While I do agree that Krystal should get in, characters should get in based on their own individual merits, not based on stuff like "we needz moar wiminz".

Yes, you do have a point thar. :p

*vanishes*

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not really, he just rides his bike along the path. Link's the one who needs maps because that fool always goes off the beaten path and goes into haunted dungeons and crap.

Here's a comparison:
Mach Rider has a super fast bike from the future, machine guns, and a crap ton of health.
Tingle has a air balloon tied to his back, the magical ability to translate maps, and the magical ability to summon confetti.

Who do you think has the advantage in a real fictional fight in a video game=??? :awesome:

Best wording ever, I know! :laugh:
Shows how little you know about Tingle. He can shoot Rupees at Mach Rider, and then shoot the fragments that Mach Rider explodes into so Mach Rider cannot reassemble himself. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom