• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
In the chronology of the series, Skyward Sword is a prequel to Ocarina of Time. The incarnation of protagonist Link that appears in the game was born and raised in Skyloft, a group of islands floating above the clouds. Leading an ordinary life there, Link discovers the Skyward Sword one day, which leads him to another, previously unknown land beneath that is ruled by evil forces. Using the sword to travel back and forth between sky and land, the mystery of why the two worlds became separated is gradually revealed to Link. The Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword at some point in the game, and assumes the form of a female figure while giving Link advice. Producer Eiji Aonuma has stated the game's plot to be comparable to a school drama. Unlike in previous series installments, Zelda is not a princess in Skyward Sword, but a childhood friend of Link. Throughout the course of the game, Zelda disappears and Link has to find her. He is opposed on his quest by the Demon Lord Ghirahim, a mysterious and powerful figure who rules the surface world, who wishes to kidnap Zelda for unknown purposes. Skyward Sword connects to the story of Ocarina of Time, and elaborates on the reason for Ganondorf's appearance.
I find this interesting simply because it said the plot will be somewhat comparable to a school plot? :surprised:

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I see that the Super Leaf is making a big comeback in the Mario series since 1990. It is in Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. I think it is possible that the Super Leaf might be a new item in SSB4.

The character could get a Tanooki tail and ears just like Raccoon Mario. The character can trip the opponent by swinging the tail around. The character can fall slowly by wagging the tail. That would be pretty cool and funny.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Now that you mention it, that Raccoon tail for flying would be nice. heck even the flying wings from Super Mario 64 would suffice.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
That's pretty much what I've been saying

Whats been going on the past 10 pages (too lazy to read)
But we do needz more wiminz. Don't you know? The more boobage in a fighting game, the betterz. :troll:
I see that the Super Leaf is making a big comeback in the Mario series since 1990. It is in Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. I think it is possible that the Super Leaf might be a new item in SSB4.

The character could get a Tanooki tail and ears just like Raccoon Mario. The character can trip the opponent by swinging the tail around. The character can fall slowly by wagging the tail. That would be pretty cool and funny.
You have a point there. Honestly, I've always liked the super leaf as a power-up, and the fact it's been left out for so long until recently with MK3DS and Mario 3D Land getting it, makes the power up for Smash 4 more likely. Plus I can imagine how - how do they say - "kawaii" characters, like Peach and Zamus would look with those raccoon ears and tail. :088:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Toad, Kirby, Pikachu, etc. would look even more "kawaii" with the raccoon ears and tails. :awesome::awesome:

Tanooki tails are everywhere!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
As they decide to forgo the Super Leaf and make Tanooki Mario his own character, like what they did with Dr. Mario in Melee.
Ugh! I hope not! What's Tanooki Mario going to shoot? Flaming leaves? Tanooki Mario was my favorite in Super Mario Bros. 3 but I don't want Tanooki Mario as a separate character in SSB4. One Mario is more than enough... I want a new Mario character (that is 100% owned by Nintendo) who is not is based on an existing Mario character... like Toad!

Changing topics... you know, I kinda like the idea of Keldeo being a playable character. I like Keldeo more than Zoroark and Victini because Keldeo is like the Pokemon equivalent of My Little Pony. :awesome: Too bad everyone are so busy worshipping Mewtwo, Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect to support Meowth and Keldeo. :(

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Changing topics... you know, I kinda like the idea of Keldeo being a playable character. I like Keldeo more than Zoroark and Victini because Keldeo is like the Pokemon equivalent of My Little Pony. :awesome: Too bad everyone are so busy worshipping Mewtwo, Zoroark, Victini, and Genesect to support Meowth and Keldeo. :(
To hell with them all! Get me Gardevoir, Gothitelle, Meloetta, or a combo of any of those three. We need more boobs in this game anyway. :088:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
As to Toise saying that there will be a second Wario character, I doubt that is going to happen. However, if it did the two most likely candidates for that are Jimmy T. and Mona. Kat & Ana might also happen if Takamaru or Samurai Goroh are playable characters, and she is added in late in development as a clone of one of the two. Captain Syrup is likely unknown to Sakurai, and is also hurt by Sakurai not have a positive opinion of the Wario Land series (likely thinks of it as a poor man's Super Mario series). However, WarioWare was able to convince Sakurai to finally include Wario, so the second Wario characyer will most likely be from there.
If you're still here, ChronoBound, can you provide me the source where Sakurai states his lack of interest in Wario before Wario Ware? Thanks.

Ugh! I hope not! What's Tanooki Mario going to shoot? Flaming leaves? Tanooki Mario was my favorite in Super Mario Bros. 3 but I don't want Tanooki Mario as a separate character in SSB4. One Mario is more than enough... I want a new Mario character (that is 100% owned by Nintendo) who is not is based on an existing Mario character... like Toad!

I know about Keldeo - I just find him unappealing for Smash. I'd prefer Victini or Genesect or heck, Meowth over Keldeo.

And I have no hate for MLP since I've never bothered watching it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Maybe if you didn't pick a ****tard of a Pokemon, people would support you?

Meowth ftw. See, I like him. If you're not going to be down with UFO head, Lucario2.0, or Victoreem then may I suggest 5th Gen trainer? Or Meloetta? I used to like Minccino when it was first revealed. It remineded me of the "5th Gen Jigglypuff". None of these choices touch the level of idiotic as Keldeo. That Pokemon is a disgrace to the musketeer Pokemon, who in themselves are all crappy. You know you're bad when worst of the worst think you smell.

If you're still here, ChronoBound, can you provide me the source where Sakurai states his lack of interest in Wario before Wario Ware? Thanks.
That quote was borderline rude... I was hurt and I don't even like Wario Land.

To hell with them all! Get me Gardevoir, Gothitelle, Meloetta, or a combo of any of those three. We need more boobs in this game anyway
We get it, boobs good, now gtfo over them.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What, my quote or ChronoBound's? :confused:
What Sakurai said about Wario Land being "A poor man's Mario".

Where's Chrono? I have a question for him pertaining to clones and Pre-Melee hype.

I suppose that may DASH any hope of a certain pirate, huh?

UNFORTUNATE.
VERY. IMO, the Wario ladies go like this:

Syrup > Ashley > Mona

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There's no need to get rude, Shortie. :glare:

And I do support the 5th gen trainer... but no one wants to replace the 1st gen trainer because you know the "once you get in a SSB game, you must not get cut/replaced ever" mentality many fans have?

And I am not sure I understand why you hate Keldeo... it reminded me of My Little Pony.. and I thought that would be pretty cool to have a character who looks like it is from My Little Pony... and Keldeo fits the bill since it originated in a video game and it is a Pokemon.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
What Sakurai said about Wario Land being "A poor man's Mario".
That's just what Chronobound said that Sakurai basically said in his quote - it's not exact wording, I don't think.

Nevertheless, I am a Wario Land fan and have been since I was a child. Hearing that Sakurai thinks so lowly of one of my personal favorite series just hurts. :c

It also ruins any hope of real Wario Land representation in Smash Bros. I don't mean just Captain Syrup, but a Wario Land stage, perhaps Assist Trophy, trophies, music...

It depressed me and puts a dent in my opinion of Sakurai.

Anyways, a question to all: supposing Vaati appears in Skyward Sword as some theories believe, would you like it if he replaced Toon Link as the new, unique representative of the toon-ish Zelda games?

I personally like Toon Link, so I would have to say no. The only fifth Zelda rep I have real support for is Midna & Wolf Link, and that's not happening.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I bet Midna is still going to be pretty popular, so perhaps she'll get herself an Assist Trophy?

Open up a portal and drop a bridge on top of your opponents maybe. What an awesome jerk.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There's no need to get rude, Shortie. :glare:

And I am not sure I understand why you hate Keldeo... it reminded me of My Little Pony.. and I thought that would be pretty cool to have a character who looks like it is from My Little Pony... and Keldeo fits the bill since it originated in a video game and it is a Pokemon.
Did I hurt your pony feelings? The day I call you worse then the Musketeer Pokemon, call me rude. It's freaking Pokemon, a stupid one at that. Don't get your feelings hurt over me not liking it.

Have you seen how many people hate Krystal?

Yeah. You really wonder why I hate Keldeo? REALLY?

It's personal opinion, it's a lame Pokemon, and what's not personal opinion is that he isn't going to be playable. It's commen sense to see the sheer lack of room in this tight Pokeroster. We have three big Pokemon trying to push into a slot that may only have a single opening, if there isn't room for a third gen/Meowth/Genesect, there is definitely no room for Keldeo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's just what Chronobound said that Sakurai basically said in his quote - it's not exact wording, I don't think.

Nevertheless, I am a Wario Land fan and have been since I was a child. Hearing that Sakurai thinks so lowly of one of my personal favorite series just hurts. :c

It also ruins any hope of real Wario Land representation in Smash Bros. I don't mean just Captain Syrup, but a Wario Land stage, perhaps Assist Trophy, trophies, music...

It depressed me and puts a dent in my opinion of Sakurai.

Anyways, a question to all: supposing Vaati appears in Skyward Sword as some theories believe, would you like it if he replaced Toon Link as the new, unique representative of the toon-ish Zelda games?

I personally like Toon Link, so I would have to say no. The only fifth Zelda rep I have real support for is Midna & Wolf Link, and that's not happening.
I am a HUGE Wario Land fan. I'm not into 5-second minigames. I mean, I like Mario Party because of the nice variation and all, but I like games that... last for a while.

Anyway, yes, Vaati all the way. Less of nearly identical characters.(Melee Link and Young Link were the same person, oy.)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wario Land 6 with a rumored appearance would surely help Waluigi out.

ONLY if he's in the game. The way you worded this confuses me. Are you saing Waluigi is rumored to a appear in WL6? Or is WL6 rumored to be in the making?

@Vaati,

Don't care about toon/young link anymore. They'll always be little links. If they leave, and we get a non-clone Vaati, I woulld be okay with that. Although I think it's like trading a grade A character in for a grade B.

Not if we get Tingle. BD

BDDD
Bingo. I think Tingle isn't AS SMART/GOOD of a pick as TYLink, but I thinkhe's much better than Vaati or Debbie.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Vaati,
D
Don't care about toon/young link anymore. They'll always be little links. If they leave, and we get a non-clone Vaati, I woulld be okay with that. Although I think it's like trading a grade A character in for a grade B.
Not if we get Tingle. BD

BDDD

Also wasn't that Wario Land 6 rumor in the same BATCH as the Mach Rider rumor? WHY DO YOU CLING, OMEGA.

The only true clones were in melee in the form of Wario and Daisy. They had the exact same move set and attributes as Mario and Peach.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
ONLY if he's in the game. The way you worded this confuses me. Are you saing Waluigi is rumored to a appear in WL6? Or is WL6 rumored to be in the making?
Wario Land 6 was one of those games mentioned in that old leaked roster we discussed a while ago. The one with Mokka from Magical Starsign. I believe that's where the rumor comes from.

Wario Land 6 is an incorrect title anyways. There are already six games in the WL series: SML:2WL, VBWL, WL2, WL3, WL4, and WL: Shake It.

I'm not a big fan of Daisy, but I love this music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5DG8AReW6M

Seems as if some hostility has made its way into this thread... yet again...
Aah, Double Dash. Loved that game. Better than Mario Kart Wii, IMO.

There's always hostility and emotions at play in this thread. It's pretty normal actually.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Shortie

You did not hurt my feelings. I called you rude because the first thing you say to my post was "****tard". I was like "where did the hostility come from?" I don't care if you like or dislike Keldeo because that's your opinion of that Pokemon. With that said, I understand that there are not enough space for all of these Pokemon. It is not Super Smash Bros.: Pokemon Edition after all. Keldeo is not my most-wanted Pokemon (that honor goes to Meowth) but I just think that Keldeo would be pretty interesting as a fighter... we never had a horse as a character and it would be fun with water powers, seeing it is a Water/Fighting Pokemon.

@ JavaCroc

I was really disappointed with the way Wario turned out in Brawl. I was a big supporter of Wario in the pre-Melee/Brawl days because I liked Wario Land 3. I expected Wario to get a moveset based on his Wario Land transformations like Vampire Wario, Zombie Wario, Snowball Wario, etc. That is the biggest reason why I supported Wario... for the Wario Land moveset he could get in Smash. And what did I get? A farting biker. This is not the Wario I know... and this is certainly not the Wario I asked for. The classic overalls Wario gets as an alternate costume feels like Sakurai is just throwing the Wario Land fans a bone, just to get us to shut up about Wario.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wario Land 6 was one of those games mentioned in that old leaked roster we discussed a while ago. The one with Mokka from Magical Starsign. I believe that's where the rumor comes from.

Wario Land 6 is an incorrect title anyways. There are already six games in the WL series: SML:2WL, VBWL, WL2, WL3, WL4, and WL: Shake It.
Technically, you could call WL: Shake It, Wario Land 5. It might just be a temporary codename.

@Metal Overlord: lol But what about Dr. Mario? Well, in a way, it could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom