• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Haha I always miss the funny arguments! Oh yeah did Star post his new stage concept yet? I was actually looking foward to seeing that.

Kantrip

Kantplay
No, you're not. Please, just stop this argument now. All of you.

If you don't have anything on-topic to talk about, just don't post. This doesn't need to be constantly active, and it's not supposed to be a postcount fountain.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't THINK so, Star usually posts them later.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Haha I always miss the funny arguments! Oh yeah did Star post his new stage concept yet? I was actually looking foward to seeing that.
Didn't he say he was posting it at midnight? Or am I just hearing things (well, seeing them, technically...)?

Why is it that someone always tries to be the voice of reason after the arguments are already over lol.

:phone:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Ignoring the current asage94 event, do you guys want to see my current roster?

I've gave it more of a personal touch (A.K.A. bias) than I have before, so there's some interesting choices in there. ;)

. - Starting character
* - Unlockable character

[COLLAPSE="My New Roster"]Super Mario
. - Mario
. - Luigi
. - Peach
. - Bowser
. - Paper Mario
* - Toad

Donkey Kong
. - Donkey Kong
* - Diddy Kong
. - King K. Rool

Wario
. - Wario

Yoshi
. - Yoshi

Legend of Zelda
. - Link
. - Zelda / Sheik
. - Ganondorf
* - Midna & Wolf Link
* - Toon Link

Metroid
. - Samus / Zero Suit Samus
* - Ridley
* - Dark Samus

Kirby
. - Kirby
* - Metaknight
. - King Dedede

Star Fox
. - Fox
* - Falco
. - Wolf

Fire Emblem
. - Marth
* - Ike
* - Roy

F-Zero
. - Captain Falcon
* - Samurai Goroh

Mother
. - Ness
* - Lucas

Kid Icarus
. - Pit
. - Medusa

Puzzle League
. - Lip
* - Dr. Mario

Pokemon
. - Pikachu
. - Jigglypuff
* - Mewtwo
. - Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
* - Lucario
* - Rescue Team (Victini, Pichu, Gardevoir)

Misc. Modern Franchises
. - Olimar
. - Little Mac
. - Isaac
* - Starfy
* - Saki
* - Ray MK III
* - Kanan
* - Jiro

Retro Franchises
. - Ice Climbers
. - R.O.B.
* - Mr. Game & Watch
* - Sukapon[/COLLAPSE]

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
No, you're not. Please, just stop this argument now. All of you.

If you don't have anything on-topic to talk about, just don't post. This doesn't need to be constantly active, and it's not supposed to be a postcount fountain.
Alright, Alright... anyway I gave up on that N Moveset.... I decided to make a moveset for Hoenn Pokemon Trainer(Brendan) instead it's not that in depth I'm only posting the special moves for now because I'm lazy.

Pokemon Trainer Brendan

Pokemon

Special Moves
Standard Special Move: Energy Ball
Down Special Move: Synthesis
Up Special Move: Aerial Ace
Forward Special Move: Magical Leaf

Special moves
Standard Special Move: Hydro Pump
Down Special Move: Mud Sport
Forward Special Move: Double Edge
Up Special Move: Surf(Marshtomp rides a wave an rises upward)

Special Moves
Standard Special Move: Will O Wisp
Down Special Move: Reversal
Forward Special Move: Brave Bird
Up Special Move: Sky Uppercut

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Pichu, victini and gardevoir is such a weird team, they don't go together at ALL
They worked for me. :ohwell:

I think K.Rool and some others would be unlockable but nice roster Java :)
No 3rd parties though?
I'm very neutral on third-parties. While I have nothing against them and don't mind them appearing in SSB4, I just have no attachment to the concept of adding them. There are plenty of Nintendo characters I'd like for Smash Bros. meanwhile. Given that I don't care much for third-parties, I cut them for some more Nintendo characters.

I've just always seen Smash Bros. as a Nintendo game and imagine the roster as such - third-parties are just cherries on top of the Nintendo roster.

3rd Parties are for suckers.

Like the Doc and Lip, don't like the rescue team. If you wanna do something with that franchise, I would just pick Gardevoir. She's this ominous presence character in one of them.

Interesting I suppose. Would Paper Mario and Geno have the same Symbol?...

PERSANALLY, I think that Doc, AND Paper Mario would have the Mushroom symbol, an ten Geno would have his own. Probably The sword in the Castle, or something.
Thing about Gardevoir is I don't care for the Pokemon much as a solo character. I added it on the basis that it was a popular 3rd-gen Pokemon, and with the Rescue Team I wanted to get the unrepped generations in Pokemon repped. So I chose Gardevoir on that basis, not on if I personally like it. Even though I've played Ruby and Sapphire, I have no memory of any Pokemon from those games I liked particularly.

I'm undecided on whether Paper Mario should have his own franchise or not. His franchise is different in many ways from the main Mario series, but it features much of the same Mario characters in just paper style. But based on this current roster, Geno would indeed fall under the same banner as Paper Mario.

@Java
I see. I'm just not as much of a Nintendo fanboy to keep Smash completely Nintendo related xD

I like the rescue team tho. It's kind of like the alternate "trainerette" character with Jiggs replaced with Victini. Would they have coordinator-esque attacks or some Rescue Team related (never played them)?
The Rescue Team is based on a concept for a Diddy / Dixie tag team that one of our users suggested. I can't remember his name for the life of me, but he used Donkey Kong avatars a lot.

Basically, all three Pokemon would be on the battlefield at once. But you can switch between who's in front of the pack and who attacks by using a Down-B in which the front Pokemon and the Pokemon behind it high-five and swap places.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
3rd Parties are for suckers.

Like the Doc and Lip, don't like the rescue team. If you wanna do something with that franchise, I would just pick Gardevoir. She's this ominous presence character in one of them.

Interesting I suppose. Would Paper Mario and Geno have the same Symbol?...

PERSANALLY, I think that Doc, AND Paper Mario would have the Mushroom symbol, an ten Geno would have his own. Probably The sword in the Castle, or something.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Java
I see. I'm just not as much of a Nintendo fanboy to keep Smash completely Nintendo related xD

I like the rescue team tho. It's kind of like the alternate "trainerette" character with Jiggs replaced with Victini. Would they have coordinator-esque attacks or some Rescue Team related (never played them)?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

One of the most iconic locations from the SNES era, the Central Highway stage from Megaman X makes it's glorious debut! The lights, the mechs, the funny bee shaped mech carriers, this stage incorporates them all to some degree. The background shows a futuristic city under distress. Mech Bee's patrol the air looking to rain down terror on unsuspecting citizens. Other ships belonging to Sigma's band of mavericks will pass along the night sky dropping reinforcements into the city. Explosions can be seen as smoke billows from the cityscape. The bridge itself is torn from the wear of the Reploid uprising. Reploids and Mettaurs will walk along the dilapidated bridge while cars are parked alongside the road. The blue tank mechs will guard specific sections along the bridge.

The bridge is split in two parts, one lower half on the left and a higher half on the right. The left side is designed similarly to the starting point of Megaman X, the second half has more damage too it. There will be pieces of the bridge with more stress that will chip and break away after a certain amount of damage. The pieces will fall at a slow rate, which will give enough time for players to jump back onto the bridge. Don't worry about the falling segments of the bridge as they will randomly appear back via video game physics. Certain Mech Bees will appear on the stage and begin firing at the characters below. Characters cannot damage them, but they can be ridden for the small amount of time they are on the field. Being careful to avoid being atop when it decides to return to it's patrol route. Sometimes the little flying anvil dropping mechs, my scientific name for them, will fly into the back of the stage trying to further destroy the bridge. After they successfully do so the second half will have a larger gap than usual. Just like with the other smaller holes the stage will reappear courtesy of video game magic.

Stage Example:
.................___..__.___
_________

Stage Name: Central Highway
Stage Icon: "X" symbol

-Tracks-
Megaman X - Central Highway
Megaman X - Storm Eagle
Megaman X - Sigma Palace ~ Observatory Hall
Megaman X2 - Reploid Factory
Megaman X3 - Gravity Beetle
Megaman X4 - Zero Opening Stage
Megaman X5 - X Vs. Zero
Megaman X6 - Blaze Heatnix
Megaman X6 - Sigma
Megaman X7 - Crimson Palace
Megaman X8 - Jakob Elevator
Megaman Zero 2 - Departure (Mythos)
Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily Stage

I would probably do more, but I'm not feeling very motivated right now...

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Star
Gotta love Central Highway. Another nice stage :)

@Opelucid
Images showed up late for some reason. I know this is probably predictable, but Mudkip>Treecko (but that's because I like Grovyle>Marshtomp). How does Brendon change between them?
Your text color always makes me think you're posting a link btw haha

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'd have him have a special taunt that would allow him to switch between them; I gave him Treecko and Marshtomp instead of Mudkip and Grovyle just to make him a little different from Red.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is off topic, but let me ask you guys this. Which notation do you prefer. Number notation is as such:

5 is the neutral controller input.
6B or SideB
2_A or DSmash
j.6A or FAir

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Opelucid
Ooh, you think that Taunt could happen for Red/Green/Blue?
I think Venusaur was originally chosen instead of Ivysaur, but wasn't due to balancing.
I see what you mean tho, but I just like Grovyle :)

@Kumo
That notation isn't only used for MvC or SF right?
Around here, I'm used to Fair and DSmash but I'll understand what you mean.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

It looks like a giant penguin robot is coming out of the sea to wreak havoc on the city of Tokyo. That should be incorporated into the stage.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
This is off topic, but let me ask you guys this. Which notation do you prefer. Number notation is as such:

5 is the neutral controller input.
6B or SideB
2_A or DSmash
j.6A or FAir
You brought this up before, right? Back in May IIRC...

So, how about the audience booing a player? Or an AT that heals its summoner in a way that's similar to Torchic/Koffing/Weezing's method of damaging. It could be in reverse; stand in the area and you get healed in rapid yet small percentages.

OR, how bout a fighter that can heal one's self? It could be fairly limited; that fighter can be healed by half the percent of damage they took from the last attack. After healing, the fighter can't heal by half the damage until they're hit again. Thoughts?

EDIT: this is an idea that's an alternative to Ness/Lucas's healing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That notation isn't only used for MvC or SF right?
Around here, I'm used to Fair and DSmash but I'll understand what you mean.
Actually, you don't see it used a lot for SF, at least on SRK. You do see it used for a lot of fighting games. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue use this and the Korean Tekken notation uses this as well.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

It looks like a giant penguin robot is coming out of the sea to wreak havoc on the city of Tokyo. That should be incorporated into the stage.
I would have done something more creative like that. Like I said I am not very motivated right now and I only did the concept because I said I would. Just not in the mood...

MechaWave

Smash Champion
F Y I F Y I F Y I F Y I F Y I F Y I F Y I F Y I F Y I F Y I F Y I F Y I F Y I

Omega

doesn't want me

in here so

he

reports

every post I

make.

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What happened to you Mecha? You were so cool with your translating abilities and everything. Then you disappeared and now it's like you've just gone all topsy turvy.

Kantrip

Kantplay
This thread destroys people.

The focal point for all spammers and non-contributors.

Thanks for posting the stage, star :)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Only the Strongest in the whole world Survive this thread.

As for that healing stuff, maybe a Fire Emblem character could work as an AT for that? Can Micaiah do that?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
last page i was was 2843... did anything good happen in the last 250 or so pages? (that's one week)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom