• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I fi could choose one level to return, it would be Super Mario Sunshine. Just because I feel like we could get a second Luigi's Mansion. If we couldn't I choose that.

I bother not because it is easy but because it is hard. You have to pound this message into said newbies heads until they get their facts straight and become worthy members of this forum.
While I commend your effort, you know 80% of these guys will not be here in six months.

I like Pico, but I would prefer Blood Falcon over him if we are picking from unlikely F-Zero characters.

•Col•

Smash Champion
So what?!!

The same thing can be said about Icarus, he didn't originate in video games and yet... he's in Brawl, that is totally irrevalent.

The point is Medusa from Kid Icarus has been in Nintendo since it's early days, this would heavily influence Sakurai in considering her for SBB4, and since Medusa already has a history with Nintendo I don't see why not.

:phone:
Firstly, I was making a joke. Hence the troll face. Obviously went over your head though.

Secondly... Wat. :l Icarus is not in Brawl. Pit is in Brawl. Pit is not Icarus. Pit definitely is partly based on Icarus... But last I checked, Icarus didn't serve a goddess and didn't fly around shooting magic arrows.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I like Pico, but I would prefer Blood Falcon over him if we are picking from unlikely F-Zero characters.
Yeah? I dunno, I'm totally happy with him being a color swap of the Cap. It's a nice easter egg, and IMO all Blood Falcon really needs. I know I usually swap to Blood Falcon when I play him.

PF9

Smash Lord
We need more villains. King K. Rool comes to mind. Dusknoir was one of the main villains of PMD 2. Ridley and maybe Kraid could also make the cut.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
However, if they are publishing it, the odds that they "own" it are still higher than if they DIDN'T publish it. So yes, you are correct. Anybody should always double check.
Gotta agree. I fail to understand as to why there is more 3rd party discussion and the only first party discussion seems to be between Ridley, the T word, Little Mac, and occasionally Rosalina.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
These are Nintendo's First Parties:

Brownie Brown • Creatures Inc. • Nintendo Entertainment Analysis and Development • HAL Laboratory • Intelligent Systems • Monolith Soft • Nd Cube • Nintendo Network Service Development • Nintendo Software Technology • Project Sora • Retro Studios • Nintendo Software Design and Development • Nintendo Software Planning and Development • Technology Development

These are Nintendo's Second Parties:

AlphaDream • Ambrella • Camelot Software Planning • Game Freak • Genius Sonority • Good-Feel • Monster Games • Next Level Games • Noise • Paon • skip Ltd.

anything within these parties have a shot at smash; then we look at nintendo's franchises:

Advance Wars/Wars series • Animal Crossing • Art Style • Brain Age • Chibi-Robo! • Custom Robo • Donkey Kong • Excitebike • EarthBound/Mother • Fire Emblem • F-Zero • Game & Watch • Golden Sun • Kirby • Kid Icarus • The Legendary Starfy • The Legend of Zelda • Mario • Metroid • Nintendogs (+ Cats) • Pikmin • Pilotwings • Pokémon • Punch-Out!! • Puzzle League • Sin and Punishment • Star Fox • Steel Diver • Super Smash Bros. • Wario • Wii Series • Yoshi • Wiiware Series

these are franchises OWNED by Nintendo.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Ummm... just because Nintendo published something does not always mean they own the rights to it. Nintendo published Popeye for the NES/Arcade but we will never see Popeye in Smash, as cool as it would be... unfortunately. :p
Yeah, so much for the "Eat Spinach" final smash.

Still, as I said before, if they published it, there is more of a chance that they "own" it then if they didn't publish it. If nothing else, it serves a good example of things that have been on Nintendo systems over the years.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Gotta agree. I fail to understand as to why there is more 3rd party discussion and the only first party discussion seems to be between Ridley, the T word, Little Mac, and occasionally Rosalina.
I kept trying to get retro characters to be discussed but it didn't work after 3 tries.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Still, as I said before, if they published it, there is more of a chance that they "own" it then if they didn't publish it. If nothing else, it serves a good example of things that have been on Nintendo systems over the years.
here is how to find out... you find out the developer... is it a first party developer? no. is it a second party developer? no. is this game listed in the franchises section of my last post? yes. then it has a shot.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
They own more than listed, but does Nintendo still own Eternal Darkness? I know Silicon knights left Nintendo but that still pops up on lists of series Nontendo owns IP for like Kirby, Pokemon, etc and is still listed on Nintendo's own site. I can't find any confirmation from someone at Silicon Knights like "Nintendo owns it" or someone at Nintendo like "SK owns it" or ****

Pious for Smash **** yeah

Edit: eat a **** iPhone spellcheck

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
Yes, very painful. On the plus side people are coming around to Slime! I even made some GIFs to prove his versatility.

Anyways, if you all could choose one stage to return from Brawl what would it be?
- Where are your GIFs? Would be interesting in seeing them.

- I'm also glad that people are considering Slime as a potential fourth rep. At this point, with Square Enix saying that they will be supporting Nintendo and that Slime is a very iconic character and the mascot of the Dragon Quest series. If Square Enix is going to put in a rep, it will be him.

- I would love to see the WarioWare stage return. Easily the most unique stage out there. There are other great stages that deserve a return as well.
PF9 said:
We need more villains. King K. Rool comes to mind. Dusknoir was one of the main villains of PMD 2. Ridley and maybe Kraid could also make the cut.
We don't need Dusknoir in the game at all. Nobody wants him in. And Kraid would not be a good addition nor a likely one. The only good and likely addition from the Metroid franchise is Ridley.
L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s said:
I don't see a lack of variety. There has been a lot of Pokemon discussions, discussion regarding Kid Icarus rep, Toad Vs. Bowser Jr. with Paper Mario thrown into the mix, if we'll get a third Donkey Kong rep, and earlier on, Fire Emblem rep, Star Fox rep, and discussion regarding if we'll get version exclusives or not. There is also me, ChronoBound, and a few others in support of different rosters for both versions.

And while third-party characters have been very well involved, if you would read the entire thread, you'll notice that most of it have been Nintendo characters and other stuffs.
augustoflores said:
anything within these parties have a shot at smash; then we look at nintendo's franchises:

Advance Wars/Wars series • Animal Crossing • Art Style • Brain Age • Chibi-Robo! • Custom Robo • Donkey Kong • Excitebike • EarthBound/Mother • Fire Emblem • F-Zero • Game & Watch • Golden Sun • Kirby • Kid Icarus • The Legendary Starfy • The Legend of Zelda • Mario • Metroid • Nintendogs (+ Cats) • Pikmin • Pilotwings • Pokémon • Punch-Out!! • Puzzle League • Sin and Punishment • Star Fox • Steel Diver • Super Smash Bros. • Wario • Wii Series • Yoshi • Wiiware Series

these are franchises OWNED by Nintendo.
I agree wholeheartedly. There is no need to put in our own requirements for characters into Smash, the only four requirements we need to know are this:

- Must not be hated.
- Must have move set potential.
- Must have appeared on Nintendo consoles.
- Must originate from video games.

Relevancy, popularity, Sakurai's biasness, games that said character appeared in, status of franchise, etc. are all good things to consider, but to say that because they don't follow these "requirements' that they stand no chance of getting in is ridiculous and too absolute to be taken as an absolute factor. We only have four things to say that will absolutely prevent a character from getting in, the rest is purely speculations.
refugee said:
I kept trying to get retro characters to be discussed but it didn't work after 3 tries.
That's because the only likely character that could be considered retro is Takamaru, which even so is questionable with his recent appearance in games. Everyone else stands a poor chance of getting in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The T word? Are you referring to Toad?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
They own more than listed, but does Nintendo still own Eternal Darkness? I know Silicon knights left Nintendo but that still pops up on lists of series Nontendo owns IP for like Kirby, Pokemon, etc and is still listed on Nintendo's own site. I can't find any confirmation from someone at Silicon Knights like "Nintendo owns it" or someone at Nintendo like "SK owns it" or ****

Pious for Smash **** yeah

Edit: eat a **** iPhone spellcheck

I wonder that too!

Sanity mode as an Assist trophy would be the greatest thing ever.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
a good example is Star Tropics. it was made by Genyo Takeda, the guy who developed the punch out!! series. it is not in the franchises section but it was developed by Nintendo Integrated Research and Development, a branch of Nintendo Research and Development.

even though it isn't listed under Franchises, Star Tropics has a shot... but it isn't well recognized so i doubt Mike Jones makes it in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, the general population here seems to agree that Little Mac and Takamaru should be in SSB4. I am supporting them as well... but my inner biased fanboy also wants Muddy Mole from Mole Mania and Dog from Duck Hunt. ;)

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
NinDB is a site that- as it says on it's front page- is a "ever-growing archive of information on every game developed and published by Nintendo".

Resources!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
NinDB is a site that- as it says on it's front page- is a "ever-growing archive of information on every game developed and published by Nintendo".

Resources!
I have been visiting that site for over five years. I highly recommend everyone to check out this website to learn more about Nintendo's history and their games.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing if Eternal Darkness is owned by nintendo or not unless some google wizard comes in with a link that says so. Silicon Knights was formerly a Second Party and i have no way of knowing if they took the IP with them unless we see an Eternal Darkness sequel. we can't see one anytime soon coming from Silicon Knights as they are developing their Too Human Trilogy, X-Men Destiny, some kinda sega collab, and Siren of the Maelstrom.
the only other way we can find out sooner is if the sequel is developed by a Nintendo first or second party... or a third party that is exclusive to Nintendo (so that we know the Intellectual Property stayed with Nintendo)

Did a little Digging... Nintendo does indeed own the Intellectual property of Eternal Darkness. http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/28/dyack-nintendo-a-silent-partner-eternal-darkness-ip-ownershi/

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I'm sort of ambivalent about a new F-Zero character to be honest. Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow are the real contenders, as they're actually featured quite regularily in the story and games... but... I find it hard to appreciate them as character as they are really... well... boring IMO.

I'd really actually like to see Pico make it into the game if anyone.

He's one of the four standards 'Captain Falcon, Pico, Samurai Goroh, Dr. Stewart.' These are the ones that have been around from the beginning. Pico's also the one responsible for the devastating F-Zero disaster because of his aggressive driving.
Pico is awesome. He is probably my favorite F-Zero character/pilot. Unfortunately, he is never getting in. The only two F-Zero characters who have a shot at being playable are Black Shadow and Samurai Goroh.

Its a shame because Pico could probably take Snake's moveset if he was ever cut. Pico was a member of a military special forces unit before he became a F-Zero pilot. He still operates as an assassin to this day.

Here is his ending video from F-Zero GX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU83Ta1-g7U

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I saw a lot more discussion about Toad then Tingle. Most people don't want Tingle in Smash.
What is even more sad is that more people want Toon Zelda instead of Tingle... they hate Tingle so much they would rather see three Light Arrows (Final Smash) instead of having a character who could have a more unique moveset. If we get Toon Zelda and she uses Light Arrow, too... the same people will be complaining that we have too many Light Arrows AND Landmasters. :awesome:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well ED is recognized by Nintendo of Japan on their site and other previous companies series like Rare aren't so take that as you will.

Brb making Alex moveset with magick and Roivas Mansion stage plans

D

Deleted member

Mario_And_Sonic_Guy said:
Let the old Landmaster meme fall when Falco gets a new Final Smash. Fox gets Landmaster; Falco gets Arwing.
And Wolf gets his Wolfen. At least make the Final Smashes unique.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I think that, in honor of NES classic "Pro Wrestling", they have every game end with the announcer saying "A WINNER IS YOU!!!"

/sarcasm

D

Deleted member

Too bad Leon gets the Wolfen too. And there's also that dilemma for Goroh and Black Shadow.
Expect that I really doubt that Leon will ever get in SSB4 as a playable character. Too much of a long shot if you tell me. The only Star Fox character with a much of a shot is Krystal and even then, I have doubts about her.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Expect that I really doubt that Leon will ever get in SSB4 as a playable character. Too much of a long shot if you tell me. The only Star Fox character with a much of a shot is Krystal and even then, I have doubts about her.
Krystal and Slippy are more popular than Leon. If Sakurai adds another Star Fox character, I'm willing to bet everything that it will be one of them two. I'm really hoping Krystal will make it in SSB4. The chance of that happening is realistic, so i'm keeping my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom