• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
If Capcom ever got I Want To Take You For A Ride in there, that'd be the biggest troll of the entire gaming industry ever.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
With the rosters I see floating around, mine included, is anyone worried this roster will be a bit less dazzling? Brawl brought in some big names like Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Captain Olimar, Pit, and Wario. There were even a few surprises like Pokemon Trainer and R.O.B. thrown in. Not to mention Snake and Sonic.

Sure, most people believe Ridley, Little Mac, and Megaman are shoe-ins, but other than them, there aren't that many big names out there left? (I'm going to get in trouble for not mentioning some characters, I know it :V)
This is true. For the remaining Smash Bros titles, they are mostly going to rely on characters that most people who buy the Mario/Kirby/Pokemon games are completely unaware of.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
This is true. For the remaining Smash Bros titles, they are mostly going to rely on characters that most people who buy the Mario/Kirby/Pokemon games are completely unaware of.
What about less important Mario/Kirby/Pokemon characters? Or a few more 3rd party characters?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
im not sure if i understand... can you be more clear? my mind is just bouncing off possible explanations as to what you mean.
Could you believe somebody who has played MvC2 loading up the select screen only to begin to hear that song? Hahaha, I'd pay to see some of the reactions.
fixed... also, i load up my King of Fighters XI and go to the music files section just so i can listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADaSRr3_exs while i am cleaning up my room; this was before i got a laptop.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
im not sure if i understand... can you be more clear? my mind is just bouncing off possible explanations as to what you mean.

fixed... also, i load up my King of Fighters XI and go to the music files section just so i can listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADaSRr3_exs while i am cleaning up my room; this was before i got a laptop.
What he means is for the mainstream consumers the choices are going to be surprising, even if to us they are not.

I used to load up my PS1 when I was really young just to listen to this.

http://youtu.be/qxF2mgQDtSo

D

Deleted member

Holy ****. This is more then most Mafia games I've seen on Mafiascum and it's been only eight days. Can't imagine how fast this thread will go in the future and how much we'll see.
Fatmanonice said:
I'll say this. If SSB4 turns out to be a fantastic experience (With me giving it like a 95/100 or better), I would be okay with this being the conclusion to the franchise. There's no reason to continue it forever, as much as I love the series and there's only a finite amount of characters that can be added. My prediction is that the quality of the franchise will start to decrease after SSB4 and I'm not sure how long I'll keep buying Super Smash Bros. games.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What I mean is that very few characters in Brawl were unknown to the people who usually buy the more popular Nintendo games. In Brawl, the only new characters that I would say were relatively unknown to all but more dedicated Nintendo fans were Ike, Lucas, and Olimar. For SSB4, they will have to depend on more obscure characters because most of the best known Nintendo characters have already been used.

What about less important Mario/Kirby/Pokemon characters? Or a few more 3rd party characters?
That's why I said "mostly."

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Alright, seeing as I'm bored and it's not late enough, more speculation!

Here's a new roster for all of you. I'm a big fan of adding more characters as possible without cloning, so all of my choices, while abundant, can be done without the need of complete cloning.

SSBU Roster: 47 characters total
*is unlockable character

Mario:
-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Peach
-Bowser Jr.*
-Paper Mario*

Donkey Kong:
-Donkey Kong
-Diddy Kong
-King K. Rool*

The Legend of Zelda:
-Link
-Zelda/Sheik
-Ganondorf
-Toon Link*

Metroid:
-Samus/Zero Suit Samus
-Ridley*
-Dark Samus*

Fire Emblem:
-Marth
-Ike*

Pokemon:
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer Gen (insert Gen here, didn't decide)
-Zoroark*
-Mewtwo*

Kirby:
-Kirby
-King Dedede
-Metaknight*

Star Fox:
-Fox
-Falco
-Wolf*
-Krystal*

Other Characters:
-Captain Falcon
-Captain Olimar
-Ness
-Wario
-Pit
-Ice Climbers
-Yoshi
-Mr. Game and Watch*
-Little Mac*
-Ray MK II*
-Isaac*
-Shulk*

Third Party:
-Sonic*
-Snake*
-Megaman*
-Phoenix Wright*
-Viewtiful Joe*

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i will buy it forever... i will buy a 3DS just because of SSB3DS (i would have gotten it for uprising but that's not the point)... super smash brothers may very well be my favorite video game franchise next to all of megaman (the RPGs bring it down for me)

olimar? are you sure? pikmin wasn't well received? (i wouldn't know) and why didn't you list zelda? what's up with that?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
-Phoenix Wright*
-Viewtiful Joe*
These two character. . . WHY?

How about a Square character and a Namco, or at least another Konami character like Bomberman. He's slightly better known than Viewtiful and much more known than Pheonix Write.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Sm4sh manages to have Geno, I think that would be the biggest and most pleasant surprise. Geno, Ridley, Megaman... That'd probably compensate for the undazzliness.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If Sm4sh manages to have Geno, I think that would be the biggest and most pleasant surprise. Geno, Ridley, Megaman... That'd probably compensate for the undazzliness.
If I got Geno, even duck hunt dog wouldn't ruin Smash4 for me. And I hate him, a lot. (Waluigi would still kill me)

D

Deleted member

@vVv Rapture: Get rid of a Mario rep, remove Dark Samus, put Lucas back on the roster, and definitely take off Phoenix Wright and Viewtiful Joe. I'm also not so confident about Shulk getting in, although I am willing to hear arguments in why you picked him and why you think he's likely.

@Shortiecanbrawl: I don't think we'll be seeing a second Konami character. If we get four or five third-party reps (Neither are likely), it should be from Square Enix, Tecmo, or Ubisoft's Travis Touchdown.

@Oasis_S: Yeah uh, probably not happening.

Going to bed, see you all tomorrow. But before I go, I want to discuss this one last topic that hasn't been discussed to death (Will discuss in the morning):

Considering that all veterans except Lucario stays, of the vets, who do you think will be starters and unlockable? Will mention my list tomorrow and I'd be interested to hear some people have thoughts on this.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
These two character. . . WHY?

How about a Square character and a Namco, or at least another Konami character like Bomberman. He's slightly better known than Viewtiful and much more known than Pheonix Write.
Because I like them. xD

And I wasn't adding them solely based on popularity. Viewtiful Joe would probably work better in Smash than he does in MvC/TvC...and Phoenix Wright is probably more well-known than you think.

@vVv Rapture: Get rid of a Mario rep, remove Dark Samus, put Lucas back on the roster, and definitely take off Phoenix Wright and Viewtiful Joe. I'm also not so confident about Shulk getting in, although I am willing to hear arguments in why you picked him and why you think he's likely.
I'd get rid of Bowser Jr. then. Not getting rid of Dark Samus, considering she's not a Samus clone and is one of the most important characters in the Metroid series. I don't care for Lucas. V Joe and PW are just cool additions I wouldn't mind seeing.

As for Shulk, I think it'd be great rep for Xenoblade and he looks like someone who would fit and would be unique enough to not be too similar to, say, Marth.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortiecanbrawl: I don't think we'll be seeing a second Konami character. If we get four or five third-party reps (Neither are likely), it should be from Square Enix, Tecmo, or Ubisoft's Travis Touchdown.
I don't know what Tecmo could offer, but Hudson soft got bought out by Konami, so I feel that it's just a slight techinicality. Besides, Bomberman has contributed a lot more to Nintendo than Travis has.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i still say that Geno should only get in if Squeenix gets one of their other franchises in. like Final Fantasy I's Black Mage. same goes for Capcom, if capcom gets in their Mega Man (or Mega Man X /wishful), then we should see Vaati as well... when the next game comes, vaati and/or geno should only stay if their owners are in the next one.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And I wasn't adding them solely based on popularity. Viewtiful Joe would probably work better in Smash than he does in MvC/TvC...and Phoenix Wright is probably more well-known than you think.
I don't know anyone besides me and my little brother who know of him in my family/friends. I really don't think he's comparable to Bomberman, Megaman, SE characters ect. He has Ryu as well to worry about.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i know... but i mean legitimately and scattered throughout the online fighting.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
you really want to see skin colored Zero Suit Samus?
You could argue the same thing for every other character really, and I don't really feel like citing possible examples.

Also, the song I posted would so fit on Frigate Orpheon.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So let me ask a question, Earthbound stages. What is next? Now that Melee will be two generations behind I doubt we will see either Onett or Fourside return, New Pork City is so loathed I doubt they will be bringing that back. Meaning we will be due for a new stage. So let me ask, what should it be? Here is my proposal ladies and gentleman, Saturn Valley.

The level is found in both Mother games and play significant roles in both stories. They could model it more after the Mother 2 design since it was larger.

Stage: Saturn Valley
Icon: Earthbound logo

Earthbound - Saturn Valley (i iMaGiNe tHiS sOnG rEmIX? bOiNg!)
Earthbound - Kraken of the Sea
Earthbound - Mobile Opponent
Earthbound - Battle Against a Machine
Earthbound - Otherworldly Foe
Earthbound - Fourside (Melee)
Earthbound - Onett (Melee)
Mother 3 - You Call This a Utopia?! (Brawl)
Mother 3 - Porky's Theme (Brawl)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It wouldn't have hurt if NPC had actually been the stage and not the background.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Saturn Valley. I love Fourside, but this level could be AWESOME. I would love to see Saturn Valley come as a new level, Fourside be "revamped" and hopfully most franchises get 2-3 levels.

You've inspired me to make a "Level Roster". I haven't been inspired in a LONG time in this thread. :p

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Saturn Valley. I love Fourside, but this level could be AWESOME. I would love to see Saturn Valley come as a new level, Fourside be "revamped" and hopfully most franchises get 2-3 levels.

You've inspired me to make a "Level Roster". I haven't been inspired in a LONG time in this thread. :p
That has been kind of what I have been doing is stage ideas. I may go further with it since it seems to be working out so well. May even open up Fireworks again and start doing some mock-drafts.

Still feel my Custom Robo idea was the best, take a look and see for yourselves. Think I love the song choices the most. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12871455#post12871455

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That has been kind of what I have been doing is stage ideas. I may go further with it since it seems to be working out so well. May even open up Fireworks again and start doing some mock-drafts.

Still feel my Custom Robo idea was the best, take a look and see for yourselves. Think I love the song choices the most. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12871455#post12871455
The way Custom Robo plays would be tricky to implement in smash, however if done properly it would be a fantastic level.

Does anyone else like the idea of a 'Home Feild" for each character?
Ex: Mario has five characters, and gets 5 stages? Similar to how it was in Melee during All-Star. Except this time around we wouldn't need Roy playing at Final Destination.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i like the idea of everyone getting their own stage. there should still be other stages like past stages and non representable stages... btw, what would a Gyromite stage look like?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
This would probably look incredibly stupid, but maybe R.O.B.'s stage could be A GIANT R.O.B. moving his little Stack Up pieces around. The pieces would act as platforms, and you'd have to be careful to avoid R.O.B. setting them on top of you.

No no. That's just awful.

Perhaps a more appropriate one would be being in Professor Hector's lab. The only true-to-game gimmick I could think of would be having those colored columns going up and down. Perhaps cutting off ways to send your opponent for the KO. Hector and R.O.B. would be visible in the background so you'd know when they're about to change up the level. Could be sort of interesting, I guess?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Here's a list of what I've come up with so far:

Peach’s Castle (Revamped)
Bowser’s Airship
Dester Hill (If you've played any desert levels you can see how this could end up)
Luigi’s Mansion (New level)
Galaxy Tours
Hyrule Castle (Revamped)
Skyward Sword Level (I have no idea)
Spirit Train
Hyrule Tower/ Clock tower (Either where you fight Ganon at the end of OOT, or where you meet Majora at the end of MM)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Revamped)
Victini’s Playhouse (If you didn't get the event, look it up. Plasmas could be implicated)
Cerulean Cave
Burnt Tower
Distortion World
Green Greens (Revamped)
King Dedede’s Castle (Think Kirby and the Krystal Shards)
Mirror World (Could work as a sort of warping type level, like Galaxy tours)
Yoshi’s House (Super Mario World. This would be simple like the usual Yoshi levels)
Wario’s Woods (I don't know much about Wario's Woods TBH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom